GUILTY KS - Harold 'Hal' Sasko, 52, murdered in his Lawrence home, 14 Jan 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No update on motive yet... I'm anxious to find out more about what happened to this sweet man that was trying to help her.

I remember reading on one of the first articles that he was trying to rescue her from the gang members that she was hanging with. I know the LE are saying that she is the only suspect, but they don't always tip their hand. When she was in Bishop she made two calls using gas station clerks phones to someone "back home." That doesn't mean it was her family. I am thinking that this person back home was using her to run drugs and did not want her phone traced to him. Pretty safe to use a stranger's phone for that person. I think the phone calls were to let him know that she had arrived at a destination so that an arrangement could be made for her to pick up the drugs, transport to Florida for delivery. It is weird that someone this careful would be stupid enough to do this in a murdered man's call. My theory is that she was involved with organized crime, Sasko did not realize how bad the people that she was involved with were, and thought he could intervene or expose them. As a result, he was murdered in a savage attack and sent on to deliver the drugs. That attack would serve as a warning what would happen if she crossed them. Tons of people go to prison before ratting out the mob (possibly Mexican Mafia in this case). Otherwise, it makes no sense for all of the care with the phone, no credit card usage, etc. to send her out in his car with his plates on it and a murder weapon in the trunk for almost two weeks after the crime. Sounds like she set up to take the fall. Doesn't make her innocent at all as she was still complacent. Of course, she could be just stupid...lots of criminals are...put just so many of the articles don't make sense, and so little information is released, that I think their is way more to it.

I remember reading on one of the first articles that he was trying to rescue her from the gang members that she was hanging with. I know the LE are saying that she is the only suspect, but they don't always tip their hand. When she was in Bishop she made two calls using gas station clerks phones to someone "back home." That doesn't mean it was her family. I am thinking that this person back home was using her to run drugs and did not want her phone traced to him. Pretty safe to use a stranger's phone for that person. I think the phone calls were to let him know that she had arrived at a destination so that an arrangement could be made for her to pick up the drugs, transport to Florida for delivery. It is weird that someone this careful would be stupid enough to do this in a murdered man's call. My theory is that she was involved with organized crime, Sasko did not realize how bad the people that she was involved with were, and thought he could intervene or expose them. As a result, he was murdered in a savage attack and sent on to deliver the drugs. That attack would serve as a warning what would happen if she crossed them. Tons of people go to prison before ratting out the mob (possibly Mexican Mafia in this case). Otherwise, it makes no sense for all of the care with the phone, no credit card usage, etc. to send her out in his car with his plates on it and a murder weapon in the trunk for almost two weeks after the crime. Sounds like she set up to take the fall. Doesn't make her innocent at all as she was still complacent. Of course, she could be just stupid...lots of criminals are...put just so many of the articles don't make sense, and so little information is released, that I think their is way more to it.

After seeing this video of her in court, I recant my theory above about someone else helping her with the murder. I find it impossible to understand how someone could brutally attack someone that they have known for years. Having seeing this video, I think she is totally capable. Still think she was running drugs for someone. So many things about this story so far don't make sense, but murder usually doesn't make sense to most of us, does it?

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2014/01/30/teen-arrested-in-everglades-waives-extradition-to-kansas-on-murder-charge/

After the proceedings, Cornwell said the case "isn't a matter of who has done it, but why." He said he would work to waive McLinn's preliminary hearing and try to work out a deal with the prosecution.

"I don't think she has substance abuse problems," Cornwell said. "Does she have emotional problems? Yes. Mental problems? Yes, no question."

Cornwell, who has been an attorney for more than 30 years, said he is "perplexed as ever" with McLinn's case. "We're trying to figure out what motive was there," he said.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/feb/03/lawrence-homicide-murder-suspect-19-appearing-judg/

You might have to answer a question to be able to read!

Another story:

http://fox4kc.com/2014/02/03/young-...mates-premeditated-murder-to-appear-in-court/

Cornwell, McLinn's attorney, was an attorney for Edwin Hall, the man who killed Kelsey Smith. From what I've read, he's very experienced and very expensive.

Cornwell, McLinn's attorney, was an attorney for Edwin Hall, the man who killed Kelsey Smith. From what I've read, he's very experienced and very expensive.

I can't find where Cornwell represented Edwin Hall? Mr Cornwell is out of Olathe and has tried 50 homicide cases so I would guess he is probably experienced and high $.

jmo

No that didn't work for me.

Sorry... if you go to jococourts.org and search for Edwin Hall, you can find Cornwell's name in the ROA. Not that it's that big of a deal, just interesting.

I hope she is happy with all the lives she destroyed, including her own. Her future is the Big House. Very sad for all.

http://cjonline.com/node/171052/rss

The link above has this horrible comment referencing the Vorpal Sword and how it was used. I saw another comment on another website also referencing this manner of death. If this is indeed the way that she slaughtered him, the best defense attorney in the world shouldn't be able to save her, which is most likely why he came out of the shoot talking about a plea bargin. If she gets the max in Kansas, it won't be justice. If she gets a reduced sentence...and if this is how she killed...a monster will be being released upon the world.

This there some kind of Alice in Wonderland or other type of Vorpal Sword Killing sub-cultural out there? Until I started reading about this story, I was not aware of this Vorpal Sword even though that is an old poem.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back