GUILTY Ks - Laura Abarca-nogueda, 27, Slain, Newborn Abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hoping we don't have another Baby Lisa case on our hands. She has been missing for 5 years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW. Quoting myself to add that Lisa and Sophia have the same birthday. Insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so awful :(

I don't see another reason other than the mom was killed for the baby. Someone known to the parents or who lives/works nearby to know she had given birth and waited until mom was home alone with the wee one.

I remember watching a documentary on a women who faked her pregnancy and befriended another pregnant lady. When the lady was near to her due date the other lady went to her house, stabbed her to death and cut the baby out. She told her husband and friends she had suddenly gone into labour and given birth. She passed the baby off as her own until someone (cant remember who) got suspicious and called police.

Did the mom have social media accounts and are we allowed to post them?
I'm wondering if she could have posted online that she had just had the baby or if she was involved in any baby boards where just about anyone could know when she was due and try to figure out where she lived from her posts.

There is such a short time between when the mom was last seen and Dad found her. And he is not considered a suspect from what I've read. If she was last seen at 1:00 p.m. and the father found her at 3:30 p.m., it seems it has to be someone who knew dad wouldn't be there until then.

Damn, this is so heartbreaking. This young ,beautiful mom looked so happy and proud of her baby and looking forward to their life. Now she is murdered and precious baby gone. The whole family must be in total agony.

Did the mom have social media accounts and are we allowed to post them?
I'm wondering if she could have posted online that she had just had the baby or if she was involved in any baby boards where just about anyone could know when she was due and try to figure out where she lived from her posts.

I could not find FB for her.

Oh. I need to read the words instead of just looking at the picture.
It still is a beautiful family photo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't think the text says anything. I guess I should have told you why I think that is because of comments on her brother's FB page. I could be wrong but it is how I understand what they are saying.

I don't think the text says anything. I guess I should have told you why I think that is because of comments on her brother's FB page. I could be wrong but it is how I understand what they are saying.
Oh ok. I should have sleuthers more!

This is really so sad baby sophia only got to be in her mom's arms for 6 days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Police, family plead for help in finding missing infant as search heads into weekend

"We're pleading with community members, and asking everybody to help us find baby Sophia." said Wichita Police Chief Gordon Ramsey.

Investigators are telling media outlets to start spreading the word about Baby Sophia's disappearance. They say they're looking for anyone who unexpectedly came up with a baby.

"We're looking for anyone who all the sudden has a child. Or says a family member came to visit them and a new child is there all the sudden. said Lt. Todd Ojile of the Wichita Police Department. "They're showing them off. They're buying new items. They could say it's their niece or nephew, or they didn't know they were pregnant." said Lt. Todd Ojile of the Wichita Police Department.

Meanwhile, family members spent the day handing out flyers with Baby Sophia's information. They hope they find clues after police say Sophia's mother was fatally shot on Thursday afternoon.

"My sister she was a beautiful person. Inside and out, and she loved everybody. It's really hurtful that she's gone, but the only thing left we have from her is Sophia. And all I want is just for her to be found," said Jose Abarco, Laura Abarca-Nogueda's brother.

If you have any information, you should call the FBI at 1-800-225-5324.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-W-Wichita-shooting-401762825.html

I am working to verify the spelling of this sweet baby's name. NCMC still has her as "Sofia" but WPD and the news channels have changed the spelling to "Sophia".

I just spoke with family of Laura Abarca-Nogueda. They're putting together a march in support of Sophia, the baby investigators are searching for, after he mother was killed this week.

The march will start at the Indian Center and continue through downtown Wichita this morning. They're hoping to meet at 8 a.m. We'll let you know if that changes.

The Abarca family says they appreciate the community's support.

We'll have continuing coverage of the search for Sophia this morning, including a talk with a former FBI agent about challenges in a case like this. GMK starts at 8 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/KAKETV/posts/10154762709633979

Fox News just showed this. Glad it's gone national.

Staff working around the clock.
Investigators est prob cause.
Suspect fled to Dallas
430 this am search warrant at residence
2 adults in custody
Baby recovered alive and healthy!!!!!

Baby is in protective custody (is healthy and well.)
Working to reunite family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back