GUILTY Ks - Laura Abarca-nogueda, 27, Slain, Newborn Abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php

http://www.kake.com/story/33761688/police-name-suspect-in-killing-of-wichita-mother-kidnapping-baby
KAKE's affiliate in Dallas, WFAA, reports Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has not had previous contact with Sesmas, but there is a "hold" on her for being in the country illegally.

Also, she is here illegally!

I live just south of Wichita, in Derby. Everyone was on the alert for Sophia. With the family being so quiet, we did wonder if a lead had come in, also by the way the briefings took place....they appeared awkward at times. When the FBI was involved, talk was the state lines were crossed.

Chief Ramsey took over Jan 2016....Sesmas kidnapped the woman and 2 children in July 2016. So this kidnapping case happened under Ramsey. I was not sure which chief was in charge. It does not really matter who was Chief, I was just curious.

I, along with others, want to know why and when Sesmas was released on the kidnapping charges. What other run ins she has with LE. She had been spotted in the area days before the murder.

There was a brief video clip on KWCH news at 6pm, where Sesmas talked to a reporter in TX, and she said the baby was promised to her if it was a girl. Sesmus did not think she would get the baby girl and so the gun went off by mistake.Sesmas said she messed up.

I am on ipad and cannot link...if anyone can please do. The reporter that interviewed Sesmus, was from Texas and spoke to her in Spanish, with voice over translation.

All info was from KWCH, news at 6pm

I live just south of Wichita, in Derby. Everyone was on the alert for Sophia. With the family being so quiet, we did wonder if a lead had come in, also by the way the briefings took place....they appeared awkward at times. When the FBI was involved, talk was the state lines were crossed.

Chief Ramsey took over Jan 2016....Sesmas kidnapped the woman and 2 children in July 2016. So this kidnapping case happened under Ramsey. I was not sure which chief was in charge. It does not really matter who was Chief, I was just curious.

I, along with others, want to know why and when Sesmas was released on the kidnapping charges. What other run ins she has with LE. She had been spotted in the area days before the murder.

There was a brief video clip on KWCH news at 6pm, where Sesmas talked to a reporter in TX, and she said the baby was promised to her if it was a girl. Sesmus did not think she would get the baby girl and so the gun went off by mistake.Sesmas said she messed up.

I am on ipad and cannot link...if anyone can please do. The reporter that interviewed Sesmus, was from Texas and spoke to her in Spanish, with voice over translation.

All info was from KWCH, news at 6pm

Here you go:
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-W-Wichita-shooting-401762825.html

I am so thrilled the baby is home and safe. I feel so bad for the Mother, she was just glowing in that picture, what a lovely woman...I hope she knows her baby is okay...somehow/someway she knows....:( Imho

Here is the link to an update. The question was asked why the suspect had not been in jail for prior abduction charges....she was and bonded out and skipped bail....and read the rest.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/FF...r-has-not-faced-charges-before-402541446.html

SEDGWICK COUNTY, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita Police arrested Yesenia Sesmas back in July when a woman says Sesmas kidnapped her and her kids. Factfinder 12 asked why Sesmas did not face charges in that case.

The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office said Sesmas bonded out of jail the day after she was arrested in July. Her bond was set for $50,000.

Sesmas was due in court August 9. Sheriff Jeff Easter said she never appeared in court. After missing her court date, a judge issued an arrest warrant and her bond went up to $200,000.

When the baby was located, there were two adults arrested. What is the story on the other one?

When the baby was located, there were two adults arrested. What is the story on the other one?

From what I understand the other adult was her boyfriend and LE do not think he was involved. I am not sure how he wouldn't realize she wasn't pregnant, but I guess it could happen?

From what I understand the other adult was her boyfriend and LE do not think he was involved. I am not sure how he wouldn't realize she wasn't pregnant, but I guess it could happen?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yesenia-sesmas-suspect-in-moms-murder-newborns-kidnap-victim-reneged-on-deal-to-give-me-baby/

In a television interview in Spanish, Yesenia Sesmas told KUVN-TV of Dallas-Fort Worth that Laura Abarca-Nogueda had agreed to turn over her newborn daughter to her but reneged on the agreement.

In the interview in the Dallas County jail, the 34-year-old Dallas woman admitted that she killed Abarca-Nogueda but said she did not mean to. She said she threatened Abarca-Nogueda with a gun when it discharged accidentally.

Late Friday night investigators identified a suspect, leading them to a house in Dallas where the baby was found unharmed after a SWAT team executed a search warrant at 4:30 a.m. Saturday.

The baby was inside the home along with Sesmas. Also living there were Sesmas’ boyfriend along with the suspect’s son and niece.

More details in the link above.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yesenia-sesmas-suspect-in-wichita-moms-killing-newborns-kidnap-in-u-s-illegally-ice/

WICHITA, Kan. -- Authorities say Yesenia Sesmas, the woman accused of killing Wichita mother Laura Abarca-Nogueda and kidnapping her six-day-old baby is in the U.S. Illegally.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement did not receive the July 25 list of arrests from the Sedgwick County sheriff’s office that included Yesenia Sesmas’ name until the following day, and by that time she had been released, ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok said Wednesday. The agency would have asked that Sesmas, a Mexican national, be detained if she had still been in jail, Rusnok said.

Sesmas was jailed in Dallas on a Kansas warrant, with first-degree murder and kidnapping charges pending, and Kansas authorities are seeking her extradition. The station reports ICE now has a detainer on her, and should she be convicted she’ll serve out her sentence in Kansas before beginning immigration proceedings.

As long as she goes to jail for a long, long, time first! I know we have the hard 40 and hard 50 in place, but I have no idea if that pertains to women or not. In this case, I hope it does! I cannot believe the gun went off accidentally, especially she had tried something similar before.

As long as she goes to jail for a long, long, time first! I know we have the hard 40 and hard 50 in place, but I have no idea if that pertains to women or not. In this case, I hope it does! I cannot believe the gun went off accidentally, especially she had tried something similar before.

I agree and if her attention was to just scare her into submission, I do not think it would have been loaded. I hate the story she is telling and I hate it is really bothering Laura's family.

Abarca family giving thanks for baby's safe return

"I just want to tell this person she's a liar there's no way in hell per say you know that my sister would let something like that," said Abarca. "This person is just making the pain even harder when I hear this news."

http://www.kake.com/story/33790424/arbaca-family-call-suspect-a-liar

I agree and if her attention was to just scare her into submission, I do not think it would have been loaded. I hate the story she is telling and I hate it is really bothering Laura's family.

Abarca family giving thanks for baby's safe return

"I just want to tell this person she's a liar there's no way in hell per say you know that my sister would let something like that," said Abarca. "This person is just making the pain even harder when I hear this news."

http://www.kake.com/story/33790424/arbaca-family-call-suspect-a-liar
She can lie because the victim is no longer here to tell her side.

This shouldn't have happened!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this photo Lisa. Laura looks absolutely blissful and content to hold beautiful Sofia in her arms. It infuriates me that motherhood and the opportunity to watch Sofia grow up was taken from her in such a truly cruel way.

Having a terrible time trying to post this new update link from Daily Mail. I posted part of it below

IMO LE/ICE need to fix this issue....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Kansas-kidnapping-case-country-illegally.html

A Dallas woman accused of killing a mother and taking her baby was in the country illegally when she allegedly committed the crime.
Yesenia Sesmas, 34, was released from a Kansas jail this summer before immigration officials had a chance to request she be held, law enforcement authorities said Wednesday

The U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement did not receive the July 25 list of arrests from the Sedgwick County sheriff's office showing Sesmas' name on it until the following day, and by that time she had already been released from local custody, said ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok.
The agency would have asked that she be detained if Sesmas, a Mexican national, had still been in jail, he said.

The agency would have asked that she be detained if Sesmas, a Mexican national, had still been in jail, he said.

Sesmas posted bond and was released less than 24 hours after her arrest in that case, said Col. Brenda Dietzman, undersheriff for the Sedgwick County sheriff's office.

<modsnip>

Here is the link to an update. The question was asked why the suspect had not been in jail for prior abduction charges....she was and bonded out and skipped bail....and read the rest.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/FF...r-has-not-faced-charges-before-402541446.html

SEDGWICK COUNTY, Kan. (KWCH) Wichita Police arrested Yesenia Sesmas back in July when a woman says Sesmas kidnapped her and her kids. Factfinder 12 asked why Sesmas did not face charges in that case.

The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Office said Sesmas bonded out of jail the day after she was arrested in July. Her bond was set for $50,000.

Sesmas was due in court August 9. Sheriff Jeff Easter said she never appeared in court. After missing her court date, a judge issued an arrest warrant and her bond went up to $200,000.

I wonder why she didn't have the ICE detainer then?

It is so sad. This should have never happened to Laura and Sofia/Sophia(still unsure of the spelling).
Does anyone have an idea how long the drive was from Sesmas to Laura. I can go look it up. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14
Back