Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the pull up needed? Or was that perhaps just laziness not wanting to be bothered taking him to go potty?

When he’s here with our family he’s fully trained however he does wear a pull-up at night just in case. I don’t know how they do things at dad’s house but with all of here he doesn’t wear a pull-up during the day.

If she put him down for a nap (which doesn’t happen here either) then I can understand the pull-up.

I can be there in an hour if needed. Would be an honor to assist you, Pink!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I just love posting with you all. I am sure this is a bit of comfort for FindLucasAllen, knowing that help is around the corner if they need it. :heartbeat: Beautiful people with beautiful hearts and souls.

In hoping that they found some camera footage that has lead them in this direction, considering all the businesses along the way.
9ac86f40fff3aca36b46ae75a6318faa.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

My guess would be that phone pings or a vehicle gps may have led them there. The drive between the home and that area would have multiple cameras on businesses. There is actually a busy police substation on Edgemoor literally about 3 blocks north of the home.

The parking area and the actual nature center building where there are some displays and rooms for lectures/school field trip presentations etc. have lighting. The trails and paths and field areas have minimal to NO lighting. The idea is that it is preserved as an actual and truly natural habitat. I personally would never be on the trails after dusk. I have no desire to meet a group of coyotes up close or any sort of snake at ANY distance on or near the trails. Other common sightings in that area for nocturnal creatures would be red fox, badgers, possums, skunks and such. White tail deer are frequently seen day or evening. Trails are closed at 9 pm even in the summer months.

I have not noticed any trail cameras but there likely could be as a way to monitor wildlife activity. I am sure there must be some security cameras near the main building.

Oh reann, you haven't lived until you've been chased down by a possum. Back in college I had one chase me at night on campus. Nothing gets your heart racing like being chased by a rodent as you run from building to building trying to open doors like you're in some sorta possum slasher flick. It was not a proud moment.

The parking area and the actual nature center building where there are some displays and rooms for lectures/school field trip presentations etc. have lighting. The trails and paths and field areas have minimal to NO lighting. The idea is that it is preserved as an actual and truly natural habitat. I personally would never be on the trails after dusk. I have no desire to meet a group of coyotes up close or any sort of snake at ANY distance on or near the trails. Other common sightings in that area for nocturnal creatures would be red fox, badgers, possums, skunks and such. White tail deer are frequently seen day or evening. Trails are closed at 9 pm even in the summer months.

I have not noticed any trail cameras but there likely could be as a way to monitor wildlife activity. I am sure there must be some security cameras near the main building.

What do you mean you don't have any desire to meet a group of coyotes or a darling snake? Not that I wouldn't run away screaming myself or anything. :scared:

My guess would be that phone pings or a vehicle gps may have led them there. The drive between the home and that area would have multiple cameras on businesses. There is actually a busy police substation on Edgemoor literally about 3 blocks north of the home.
Do you think its relatively easy to cross over 400?

I’ve always told my partner that he needs to come on WS if I ever go missing. Again this evening is witness why.
It’s such a sad situation but so heartwarming knowing so many people care and are really holding on to hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poor sweet baby, I hope they find him safe, and soon. Truly praying this is not another situation where a SO was placed above the child’s needs/safety. Welcome FindLucasAllen, we are all here to support you, and to bring him home. Great posters on this thread, you are in good hands. [emoji177]

I wonder about the pull-up during the day, too. Sometimes big changes like a new sibling or emotional troubles/abuse can lead to potty training troubles or regression. I hope no one was hurting him.

I’ve always told my partner that he needs to come on WS if I ever go missing. Again this evening is witness why.
It’s such a sad situation but so heartwarming knowing so many people care and are really holding on to hope.

I said the same thing....they will find me. ♡

FindLucasAllen.... do you know if any school personnel called DHS to make a complaint? Teachers are mandatory reporters in every state.

I said the same thing....they will find me. ♡

(I honestly hope I don't have a thread here if I go missing, because you guys would be like "omg, she did whaaaaat in 1985??! Jk, but you get my point...)

My husband has to be done with me. I asked him what 400 was...turns out he knows, OF COURSE. It is also known as Kellogg or 54. Anyway, it is very easy to cross over by vehicle due to a stop light however, walking would be more difficult. On the west side of Edgemoor, there is not a walk way, so Lucas would have had to walk across to the east side of Edgemoor first before he could go across KELLOGG (hehe).

(I honestly hope I don't have a thread here if I go missing, because you guys would be like "omg, she did whaaaaat in 1985??! Jk, but you get my point...)
I'm curious now.....hahaha

Crossing over is not difficult on either Woodlawn or Oliver streets, the actual highway 400....locals just call it Kellogg....is a high speed cross town throughway. The cross streets pass over top and are four lane plus turn lanes and have sidewalks on both sides. That particular area of 400/Kellogg would be 3 lanes in each direction, with a speed limit of 60 that is normally taken as simply a minimal suggestion by most drivers. A small child walking alone would be VERY noticeable on the sidewalks, few adults walk across the area. There are side access streets that run parallel to the highway that allow easy and slow speed access to the businesses, and to the VA hospital on the north side.

FindLucasAllen.... do you know if any school personnel called DHS to make a complaint? Teachers are mandatory reporters in every state.

Unfortunately, I don’t know. I do know that if he went to school the way we saw him then there’s no way they wouldn’t have suspected abuse.

Calls were made by family to DCF in both Kansas and New Mexico.

My husband has to be done with me. I asked him what 400 was...turns out he knows, OF COURSE. It is also known as Kellogg or 54. Anyway, it is very easy to cross over by vehicle due to a stop light however, walking would be more difficult. On the west side of Edgemoor, there is not a walk way, so Lucas would have had to walk across to the east side of Edgemoor first before he could go across KELLOGG (hehe).

Yes, there's actually a 1986 unidentified in Namus, someone hit by a car on Kellogg. Not sure if it was even an expressway then.

Does Lucas spend much time outside? Would he have wandered away enjoying being outside?

He LOVES the outdoors but he isn’t known to ever wander off. It’s not impossible though. It was a beautiful day yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62