Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh reann, you haven't lived until you've been chased down by a possum. Back in college I had one chase me at night on campus. Nothing gets your heart racing like being chased by a rodent as you run from building to building trying to open doors like you're in some sorta possum slasher flick. It was not a proud moment.
I will take a possum over a goose.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So do you guys think that someones cell phone pings, before 3:00, led them to where they are currently searching?
Possibly......or a tip....or a camera....

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

He LOVES the outdoors but he isn’t known to ever wander off. It’s not impossible though. It was a beautiful day yesterday.
I hope this hasnt been asked. This thread is moving so fast. Is Lucas afraid of the dark? Some kids are and others aren't. Apologies if asked already.

A post by someone by the initials of KWF said there are helicopters by the Trampoline place. Does any locals know if that is near the lake area? They posted this about an hour ago:

https://www.facebook.com/NewsBryanRamsdale/

Likely spotlight/thermal detection copter (if not media) I would guess...thank goodness, these are so important to keep running tonight!

Eta: what trampoline place?

A post by someone by the initials of KWF said there are helicopters by the Trampoline place. Does any locals know if that is near the lake area? They posted this about an hour ago:

https://www.facebook.com/NewsBryanRamsdale/

I would assume this would mean a place called Aviate, which is about three or four miles to the east of the nature center area. (edited to add). This would also be very close to Jabara airport which would be the most likely staging spot for any air search planes or choppers to depart from----only a couple of miles from there to the nature center area.

I would assume this would mean a place called Aviate, which is about three or four miles to the east of the nature center area. (edited to add). This would also be very close to Jabara airport which would be the most likely staging spot for any air search planes or choppers to depart from----only a couple of mile from there to the nature center area.

Thank you. That was the only post that I saw that mentioned the helicopters- not sure if it's for Lucas or someone else. Seems like the police force in Wichita has their hands full daily, bless their hearts.

The parking area and the actual nature center building where there are some displays and rooms for lectures/school field trip presentations etc. have lighting. The trails and paths and field areas have minimal to NO lighting. The idea is that it is preserved as an actual and truly natural habitat. I personally would never be on the trails after dusk. I have no desire to meet a group of coyotes up close or any sort of snake at ANY distance on or near the trails. Other common sightings in that area for nocturnal creatures would be red fox, badgers, possums, skunks and such. White tail deer are frequently seen day or evening. Trails are closed at 9 pm even in the summer months.

I have not noticed any trail cameras but there likely could be as a way to monitor wildlife activity. I am sure there must be some security cameras near the main building.
If you add owls most of those critters are in the wooded part of my back yard.
I wonder if LE is able to bring in those large portable lights to help search tonight? The military used those a lot when setting up areas on base.

[h=1]Family asks for prayers after 5-year-old boy goes missing[/h]
Kristin Edson says her cousin, Lucas Hernandez's step-mom and father anxiously wait for news of the five-year-old.

"Very distraught. very upset. devastated. i mean, can you imagine? they’re just very distraught and worried about his safety. it’s cold out. we don’t know where he’s at. "
Edson says police haven't told them anything new but officers did tell Eyewitness News law enforcement officers searched Chisholm Creek Park Sunday following leads.
"All I know is that they took a nap around 3 ish and she woke up with the baby around 6 to check on Lucas to see if he was in his room. she searched. the back door was open, and she called 911."

Edson prays somebody sees this boy and brings him home to safety.
"He does have a speech impediment, so it’s kind of hard to understand what he’s saying when he talks sometimes. he’s very shy if he doesn’t know you. if he does know you he’s willing to come out and talk to you."

Until then, she's asking for prayers.

"He has never wandered off like this before ever. so i mean it just worries me that maybe somebody got him to open the door for them and possibly took him."
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Wichita-police-investigating-missing-child-case--474396903.html

Thank you. That was the only post that I saw that mentioned the helicopters- not sure if it's for Lucas or someone else. Seems like the police force in Wichita has their hands full daily, bless their hearts.

Could they be news copters? Perhaps told to stay a few miles away during the investigation, but their camera could probably zoom in for video for the late news programming. Just a hunch.

If you add owls most of those critters are in the wooded part of my back yard.
I wonder if LE is able to bring in those large portable lights to help search tonight? The military used those a lot when setting up areas on base.

When we drove by it did not look illuminated but I suppose that could have changed by now. I could see one tall light on in the parking lot but the area is so dense, it is hard to see anything in the dark.

Could they be news copters? Perhaps told to stay a few miles away during the investigation, but their camera could probably zoom in for video for the late news programming. Just a hunch.

That is possible, but Jabara Airport is also the headquarters for the local air ambulance services, so it could be totally unrelated activity to the search for this child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela