Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They recently moved to that residence. Did they previously live in the same town? Would Lucas have even known about that park? Would SM have known it was there? (Not that I think he went there on his own without being noticed.) Or, did they move from somewhere far away?
I have a feeling that he was spotted there by someone and that is the tip that has them searching there. MOO

I hate that this happens over and over and over again. I hate even more that it tends to be the deed of a step-parent or bf/gf of the bio parent.

So there is something about the park area that is pulling LE there, but not to a specific location.

Maybe the stepmom mentioned to someone she visited the park in the last day or so???

If it were a cellphone ping, how accurate would it be - how close could it pinpoint location?

jmo

The entire park area including the fishing lake and nature trails is huge....around 220 acres plus about 50 acres for the fishing lake I believe. Cell pings would likely be from the same towers though for that area.

Was Lucas in a pre-K program or kindergarten?

I've been assuming since he was home for a 3pm nap, according to the stepmom, he wasn't in school. But perhaps he was?

Anyone have that info?

This article states that the search has expanded to another park just to the north of the Great Plains Nature Center area.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article200889139.html

From the article:

“A teacher with Beech Elementary School in Wichita posted on Facebook that Lucas is one of her students, and school district spokeswoman Susan Arensman confirmed that the boy is enrolled at the school.

‘Please pray for the safe return of the 5 year old that went missing (Saturday),’ the teacher wrote. ‘He is one of my students and a very sweet little boy. Please Please pray for him and his family. My heart is so heavy right now.’”

According to the school district calendar, there is no school today (“Presidents’ Day Holiday”) or tomorrow (“District Inservice Day”), so Lucas went missing on the first day of a four-day weekend :(.

https://www.usd259.org/cms/lib/KS01906405/Centricity/Domain/2803/1718Calendar-English-APPROVED.pdf

From the article:

“A teacher with Beech Elementary School in Wichita posted on Facebook that Lucas is one of her students, and school district spokeswoman Susan Arensman confirmed that the boy is enrolled at the school.

‘Please pray for the safe return of the 5 year old that went missing (Saturday),’ the teacher wrote. ‘He is one of my students and a very sweet little boy. Please Please pray for him and his family. My heart is so heavy right now.’”

According to the school district calendar, there is no school today (“Presidents’ Day Holiday”) or tomorrow (“District Inservice Day”), so Lucas went missing on the first day of a four-day weekend :(.

https://www.usd259.org/cms/lib/KS01906405/Centricity/Domain/2803/1718Calendar-English-APPROVED.pdf

So we was in school on Friday? That helps pin down a timeline if he was indeed in school on Friday.

Who saw him Friday night/Saturday morning? Any phone calls, texts, SM during that time that would indicate what the stepmom was doing and that Lucas was indeed with her? Did she get together with anyone Friday night who would've seen Lucas?

jmo

That part is confirmed, but I wonder if he went on Friday? The teacher I believe posted that on her FB account, and in one article, the reporter quoted her FB post.

AFAIK, I don't think I read anywhere saying if he did or didn't go to school Friday or earlier in the week. I asked that same question yesterday. I'm sure LE has already investigated that from the school. I do have to add, that I felt in my heart early on that when he didn't have shoes on that he didn't leave that house on his own for an adventure. If someone did cause him to disappear, I feel there is probably some truth to the story about taking a shower and napping. :moo:.

Regarding up thread about the possibility of a cell phone ping- I never even gave that a thought! Good thinking, it might explain why they are searching that area.

The step-mom said Lucas was in his room (she didn't say whether or not he was napping, just in his room- he could have been playing), and that she checked on him before her shower, then she took a shower and took a nap without checking on him again before laying down. How odd that she didn't check him before she laid down, to make sure he was asleep, if he was taking a nap?

Regarding up thread about the possibility of a cell phone ping- I never even gave that a thought! Good thinking, it might explain why they are searching that area.

The step-mom said Lucas was in his room (she didn't say whether or not he was napping, just in his room- he could have been playing), then she took a shower and took a nap. So, she didn't check him before she laid down, to make sure he was asleep, if he was taking a nap?

Apparently not. Thank god I am going to be driving for an hour in 30 minutes. I need a time out from this. :(

So we was in school on Friday? That helps pin down a timeline if he was indeed in school on Friday.

Who saw him Friday night/Saturday morning? Any phone calls, texts, SM during that time that would indicate what the stepmom was doing and that Lucas was indeed with her? Did she get together with anyone Friday night who would've seen Lucas?

jmo

It is not confirmed yet that he was in school on Friday. This may or may not be an important detail that LE might have deliberately left out of their conferences.

This might have been discussed already, but if I recall, the park is about a 12 minute drive from stepmom's place, is that right?

So, a round trip would reasonably take a half-hour. Plus time in the park.

Where was the baby, if stepmom went to the park? In the carseat in the car? If so, let's add a bit of time to the schedule to bundle up the baby, situate in the car seat, etc. Plus, time at home to come up with this plan.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but trying to figure out logistics.

jmo

AFAIK, I don't think I read anywhere saying if he did or didn't go to school Friday or earlier in the week. I asked that same question yesterday. I'm sure LE has already investigated that from the school. I do have to add, that I felt in my heart early on that when he didn't have shoes on that he didn't leave that house on his own for an adventure. If someone did cause him to disappear, I feel there is probably some truth to the story about taking a shower and napping. :moo:.

Yep, one might need a shower and a nap if they got a bit dirty and tired from physical exertion. JMO.

This might have been discussed already, but if I recall, the park is about a 12 minute drive from stepmom's place, is that right?

So, a round trip would reasonably take a half-hour. Plus time in the park.

Where was the baby, if stepmom went to the park? In the carseat in the car? If so, let's add a bit of time to the schedule to bundle up the baby, situate in the car seat, etc. Plus, time at home to come up with this plan.

Not sure where I'm going with this, but trying to figure out logistics.

jmo
Plenty of time, since we don't know when he was last seen by someone else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Once again I have been following this thread since Lucas went missing, but haven't posted until now. My heart is already so heavy with the amount of children's cases we have had here lately on WS when most did not turnout like we had hoped and prayed they would.

I pray that little Lucas will not be one of those heart rendering cases, and will have a joyfully ending.

Just the thought that the stepmom may have abused Lucas in the past infuriates me as a loving devoted stepmom of two beautiful girls who now are wonderful moms themselves.

I am so blessed for they both call me "Bonus Momma" and it thrills me that they do so. They are grown now but when they became my/our children in 1984 they were 8 and 14 at the time. It does my heart good to know they know I love them deeply as if I had birthed them myself.. just like I do my other three children and have never ever mistreated them nor made them feel excluded in any way.

We became a family with five children the day we married, period. My hubby nor I have ever called our children step children 'step' when referring to them and they have never referred to their siblings as step siblings either. To them we are one family of two parents with four sisters and one brother. And none of it was hard for me or my hubby to do this. From moment one we knew inclusion of all of our 5 children equally is what they all deserved in their lives and ours. My three bio children have called my hubby "Daddy" for over 30 years because they know they are so blessed to have this man as the daddy they have who has been the best role model always showing them how to be kind, loving, and inclusive adults to everyone.

I say all of this.... because there is nothing that pains me more than to even think of a step parent being neglectful, mean/cruel, and abusive to their stepchildren when they also are true blessing from God. Our family wouldn't be complete without the five children we are so blessed to have.

I hope and pray this is not another horror story where the stepmom resented little Lucas. He deserves to be loved and cherished by all who have been blessed to be around him and have him in their lives.

I can think of only two situations in this case and both are equally heartbreaking. 1) He may have gotten up when the adults were sleeping and went out to play on his own and someone in the neighborhood saw him all alone and took advantage of that. Just like what happened to Sandra Cantu who was kidnapped, raped, and the murdered by Melissa Huckaby when she was outside playing alone. Or little 6 year old Christopher Barrios who also was playing in his neighborhood, and was lured into a home filled with three pedophiles who lived close by. :( No one in those cases saw it happen either.

2) OR.........it involves the stepmom and the results may be just as grave for this precious little boy.

Due to knowing Lucas had suffered from abuse in the past I am more inclined to believe #2 even though it breaks my heart to even think about that or actually any possibility that does not end well for this beautiful sweet boy.

I will remain hopeful until he is found. We can never lose hope until all hope is gone, and I know his family is clinging to that hope, and praying for a miracle like we all are.

Please find Lucas soon.

Sorry for the long post everyone. I don't post nearly as much as I use to do so when I do , I know my posts can be rather long. Sorry.

IMO

Plenty of time, since we don't know when he was last seen by someone else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trying to figure out WHAT times. I'm thinking she arrived home around 3pm, put the baby down for a nap, took a shower, re-grouped her thinking, covered any evidence at the home, called 911. Possible scenario. Would help to know what the morning routine was that day.

jmo

If your new to town would you know about this park? Is it a well known park? Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again I have been following this thread since Lucas went missing, but haven't posted until now. My heart is already so heavy with the amount of children's cases we have had here lately on WS when most did not turnout like we had hoped and prayed they would.

I pray that little Lucas will not be one of those heart rendering cases, and will have a joyfully ending.

Just the thought that the stepmom may have abused Lucas in the past infuriates me as a loving devoted stepmom of two beautiful girls who now are wonderful moms themselves.

I am so blessed for they both call me "Bonus Momma" and it thrills me that they do so. They are grown now but when they became my/our children in 1984 they were 8 and 14 at the time. It does my heart good to know they know I love them deeply as if I had birthed them myself.. just like I do my other three children and have never ever mistreated them nor made them feel excluded in any way.

We became a family with five children the day we married, period. My hubby nor I have ever called our children step children 'step' when referring to them and they have never referred to their siblings as step siblings either. To them we are one family of two parents with four sisters and one brother. And none of it was hard for me or my hubby to do this. From moment one we knew inclusion of all of our 5 children equally is what they all deserved in their lives and ours. My three bio children have called my hubby "Daddy" for over 30 years because they know they are so blessed to have this man as the daddy they have who has been the best role model always showing them how to be kind, loving, and inclusive adults to everyone.

I say all of this.... because there is nothing that pains me more than to even think of a step parent being neglectful, mean/cruel, and abusive to their stepchildren when they also are true blessing from God. Our family wouldn't be complete without the five children we are so blessed to have.

I hope and pray this is not another horror story where the stepmom resented little Lucas. He deserves to be loved and cherished by all who have been blessed to be around him and have him in their lives.

I can think of only two situations in this case and both are equally heartbreaking. 1) He may have gotten up when the adults were sleeping and went out to play on his own and someone in the neighborhood saw him all alone and took advantage of that. Just like what happened to Sandra Cantu who was kidnapped, raped, and the murdered by Melinda Huckaby. Or little 6 year old Christopher Barrios who also was playing in his neighborhood, and was lured into a home filled with three pedophiles who lived close by. :( No one in those cases saw it happen either.

2) OR.........it involves the stepmom and the results may be just as grave for this precious little boy.

Due to knowing Lucas had suffered from abuse in the past I am more inclined to believe #2 even though it breaks my heart to even think about that or actually any possibility that does not end well for this beautiful sweet boy.

I will remain hopeful until he is found. We can never lose hope until all hope is gone, and I know his family is clinging to that hope, and praying for a miracle like we all are.

Please find Lucas soon.

Sorry for the long post everyone. I don't post nearly as much as I use to do so when I do , I know my posts can be rather long. Sorry.

IMO

Beautiful post, oceablueeyes. There are many loving step parents out there that would never hurt so much as a hair on their children.

There are sick bio parents that torture, rape, and maim their own offspring.

I've even known of some kids that have remained with the step parent after the parents get divorced, because they consider the step parent their real parent and their bio parents jerks. I know of several kids where this is the case personally.

Was Lucas in a pre-K program or kindergarten?

I've been assuming since he was home for a 3pm nap, according to the stepmom, he wasn't in school. But perhaps he was?

Anyone have that info?

Since it was a Saturday there is no school. But also, some pre-schools aren't all-day. Not sure what his is. But my son's is only 3 hours, 4 days a week. It's possible his school has different times as well. I would be curious to hear when the last time his teacher saw him was.

Still wondering about how long his Dad was out of town.

Trying to figure out WHAT times. I'm thinking she arrived home around 3pm, put the baby down for a nap, took a shower, re-grouped her thinking, covered any evidence at the home, called 911. Possible scenario. Would help to know what the morning routine was that day.

jmo

Here's another sick and sad thought- maybe there is no evidence at home or in the car. Perhaps you can guess where I'm going with this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver