Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi- I've been checking on you today while at work. I'm sure it was a tough day. I see you are a VI. That's good. We are happy to help any way we can. Hopefully our forthright approach is not to distressing for you. We deal in facts and sometimes it appears to lack emotion. But you would find most of us in tears at the resolution of situations. Hoping for a positive resolution....

Yep, it's not exactly the easiest to display or interpret emotion through typing.

Just a general caution for anyone reading about what you can (or can't) come away with from FB. I know most of us already know this so this is just a reminder not to put too much stock into anything you see there.

When someone has their whole page set to public and they're basically posting all their lives (good stuff and trash too) for the world to see, that's pretty much the only time you're ever really going to get a true picture of someone's character or lifestyle - because they're putting it all out there for everyone to see.

In most other cases though, folks have their privacy settings locked down a certain way and the "public" only sees what the person wants them to see. Shoot, many times, even their own friends don't even know what's really going on in the home because not everyone talks about things like that on FB, even if it's set to "friends only". I was reminded of this once again recently when a friend reacted in utter shock when I told her about a family issue we've been dealing with for over a year. Because I don't openly share stuff like this, she had no idea.

Anyway, just a reminder of how deceptive a person's FB may be.

I cannot believe I missed the newscast! My dear 60-pound puppy stole a stick of butter and I had to chase him around only for him to gulp the entire thing down. Ugh!

Also, a Facebook profile can be restricted to only show what was posted by the person with the profile, and not posts from others on the profile. What one person is posting, and what others may be posting to them, can tell very different stories.

I cannot believe I missed the newscast! My dear 60-pound puppy stole a stick of butter and I had to chase him around only for him to gulp the entire thing down. Ugh!

shaming4.jpg

Oh that brings back memories of my Black Lab and one of my Yorkies. Those little buggers ate everything- cheesecake, butter, roasted chicken (thank goodness we had already eaten, but there went my pot pie the next night!), and disgustingly, snacks from the litter box.

Puppy might have the runs tonight or tomorrow, so get them outside often for the next 24 hours!

Arm yourself! Get the carpet shampooer ready! :wink:

My heart is sick :( Was so hoping this sweet little guy had been found safe by now :( My question would be, when did someone else (besides the people he lived with) see Lucas?

Edited by me. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that as well, about being skinnier.

It made me question the weight. Which obviously is not an important detail. My 8 yo daughter weighs 60 pounds. Yes she’s thin. Yes she eats like a horse. No she’s not deprived of food. 🤣 she is just thin. I’m trying to imagine this little guy, who seems thinner, and probably much shorter weighing 60 pounds.

I’m not so concerned he looked thinner in the picture as kids adjust and change, but no way am I buying he weighs 60 lbs. My 7 year old is very small for her age and is only 37 lbs so that’s not a good comparison, but my 10 year old weighs 68 lbs (once again small for her age but we seriously call her the human garbage disposal because she eats a ton—my sister is the biggest female on either side at 5’4”...the rest of us are around 5’0ish, give or take a couple inches either direction) but she looks far bigger than this little guy does. I’m just wondering why they didn’t put a more recent photo of him up with the hair cut and looking thinner?

Yeah I’m not the best at guessing weights. My girls are tall and small (8 yo at 60 lbs, almost 3 yo at 26-27 pounds). My sisters twins who just turned 2 (a year younger than my youngest weigh a few pounds more than my youngest 😁.

I’m really REALLY hoping they find Lucas soon!
I hate to go there, but....is there a possibility that drugs are involved?

I’m not so concerned he looked thinner in the picture as kids adjust and change, but no way am I buying he weighs 60 lbs. My 7 year old is very small for her age and is only 37 lbs so that’s not a good comparison, but my 10 year old weighs 68 lbs (once again small for her age but we seriously call her the human garbage disposal because she eats a ton—my sister is the biggest female on either side at 5’4”...the rest of us are around 5’0ish, give or take a couple inches either direction) but she looks far bigger than this little guy does. I’m just wondering why they didn’t put a more recent photo of him up with the hair cut and looking thinner?

Just a general caution for anyone reading about what you can (or can't) come away with from FB. I know most of us already know this so this is just a reminder not to put too much stock into anything you see there.

When someone has their whole page set to public and they're basically posting all their lives (good stuff and trash too) for the world to see, that's pretty much the only time you're ever really going to get a true picture of someone's character or lifestyle - because they're putting it all out there for everyone to see.

In most other cases though, folks have their privacy settings locked down a certain way and the "public" only sees what the person wants them to see. Shoot, many times, even their own friends don't even know what's really going on in the home because not everyone talks about things like that on FB, even if it's set to "friends only". I was reminded of this once again recently when a friend reacted in utter shock when I told her about a family issue we've been dealing with for over a year. Because I don't openly share stuff like this, she had no idea.

Anyway, just a reminder of how deceptive a person's FB may be.

BBM I would tend to disagree with you about why people limit who can view their profiles. A few years ago when it became common knowledge that potential employers or current employers were googling people and looking at their Facebook pages there was a public relations push by internet security people telling folks to lock-down their social media profiles, in particular telling people to set their FB to private in order to cut off snoopers. Most people reacted to this and that is exactly what they did, especially younger people who, while they enjoy their social media, they also value their privacy and keeping peeping eyes from snooping where they don't belong. This push to secure your social media, esp FB, accounts reared it's head again when it started spreading that potential employers were requiring applicants to provide the interviewer with their FB username and passwords so the interviewer could scrutinize the account, looking for anything they found objectionable. People don't tend to lock their social media for reasons of trying to hide information from the outworld, they do it to preserve their privacy and keep snoopers from poking around in what should be a private space.

I am unfortunately getting Kyron Horman vibes from this situation...praying that I am WRONG.

If they had tracked his scent walking somewhere, I would think of the possibility that he might have wanted to "go home" to their old residence, where he might have friends or a playground nearby that he enjoyed going to. Seeing that there isn't any scent picked up around the house, yard, or neighborhood at all, makes me think he didn't move with them. Kids are all over the place, especially a new house. Mine were in and out of all the rooms when we first moved into this house, it was like a new adventure to them. Their scent would have been all over the house, garages, front and back yard by the end of the first day, never mind a week later,

It's sucky we don't know the last address, if we did someone might be able to see what kind, if any, shenanigans were going on over there if LE was called to the home.
You could try 1157 S Webb Rd, Wichita? JMO

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This article gives just a smidge more detail about the family members that reported suspicions of abuse.
http://www.kake.com/story/37541152/...utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KAKEnews

RSBM

Wow. His own great aunt called authorities about the photo with bruises (not just one bruise, sadly) ; a forensic interview was conducted, and Lucas was not removed for lack of evidence ?
Seems hinky.
As in, people may have failed this child.

I hope to god he is just lost !!!
I'd like to be WRONG.

Don't let this be another case like Adrian Jones.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member