Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certainly things I’m keeping close to the chest. So far you guys have been the only thing keeping me sane surprisingly enough! We are at such a loss for what we should be doing. WPD doesn’t want family near any of the search sights so we’re going crazy not being able to do anything.

You have some very knowledgeable veteran WebSleuthers keeping you company this evening, FindLucas. Over the years I have developed much respect for them and their dedication for the children. I was once an unwelcome stepchild myself. Now I spend my time potty training my own. And so my mind wanders back to his pull-up. Sometimes big life changes like new babies or moves prompt the little to regress. And sometimes the caregiver doesn’t want to be bothered. I’m wondering just how unwelcome this little dinosaur lover was. (That was rhetorical.) Please let there be a miracle.

There are currently 106 users browsing this thread. Lots of prayers and thoughts for little Lucas, FindLucasAllen!

:heartbeat: :candle: :heartbeat:

If you need any help, let me know and I will be there straight away! I can drive or anything else you need.
I can be there in an hour if needed. Would be an honor to assist you, Pink!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

You have some very knowledgeable veteran WebSleuthers keeping you company this evening, FindLucas. Over the years I have developed much respect for them and their dedication for the children. I was once an unwelcome stepchild myself. Now I spend my time potty training my own. And so my mind wanders back to his pull-up. Sometimes big life changes like new babies or moves prompt the little to regress. And sometimes the caregiver doesn’t want to be bothered. I’m wondering just how unwelcome this little dinosaur lover was. (That was rhetorical.) Please let there be a miracle.

I was just going to say there are some heavy hitters in this thread! You are indeed in the company of a very experienced and caring group of child advocates!

Great...have you noticed trail cameras on the trails or in the area? Is it well lit?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

The parking area and the actual nature center building where there are some displays and rooms for lectures/school field trip presentations etc. have lighting. The trails and paths and field areas have minimal to NO lighting. The idea is that it is preserved as an actual and truly natural habitat. I personally would never be on the trails after dusk. I have no desire to meet a group of coyotes up close or any sort of snake at ANY distance on or near the trails. Other common sightings in that area for nocturnal creatures would be red fox, badgers, possums, skunks and such. White tail deer are frequently seen day or evening. Trails are closed at 9 pm even in the summer months.

I have not noticed any trail cameras but there likely could be as a way to monitor wildlife activity. I am sure there must be some security cameras near the main building.

Totally understandable. It doesn't sound like they were trying to hide Lucas from you or anything which is good.

I know Lucas has a speech impediment. Does he stutter?

Are Lucas and baby girl the only 2 who share the same dad?
Are the two older boys the stepmom's? Who has custody of them?

It appears stepmom and dad have been together for 3 years.
You'd think stepmom would have bonded with him in that time. How could you not?

He doesn’t have a stutter. His speech is just unintelligible to people not used to it.

This video is somewhat similar to how Lucas speaks.

https://youtu.be/0Hr8ryxgysI

And yes those are dad’s only kids. I don’t know who has custody of the older boys.

The parking area and the actual nature center building where there are some displays and rooms for lectures/school field trip presentations etc. have lighting. The trails and paths and field areas have minimal to NO lighting. The idea is that it is preserved as an actual and truly natural habitat. I personally would never be on the trails after dusk. I have no desire to meet a group of coyotes up close or any sort of snake at ANY distance on or near the trails. Other common sightings in that area for nocturnal creatures would be red fox, badgers, possums, skunks and such. White tail deer are frequently seen day or evening. Trails are closed at 9 pm even in the summer months.

I have not noticed any trail cameras but there likely could be as a way to monitor wildlife activity. I am sure there must be some security cameras near the main building.
In hoping that they found some camera footage that has lead them in this direction, considering all the businesses along the way.
9ac86f40fff3aca36b46ae75a6318faa.jpg

The older boys if they live in the home should be able to shed some light on how Lucas was treated there. They are older than Lucas in the 7-9 age range. It doesn't sound like they were there when he went missing, however they may have some insight from other incidents.

"WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – There is a heavy police presence in the area of the Chisholm Creek Park. According to authorities on the scene, police are continuing their search for Lucas Hernandez in that area.

WPD officer Charley Davidson said officers are there following up on leads in connection to the investigation.

The Wichita Police Department said no updates have been made in the case of Lucas Hernandez."

http://ksn.com/2018/02/17/missing-5-year-old-boy-last-seen-in-east-wichita/

He doesn’t have a stutter. His speech is just unintelligible to people not used to it.

This video is somewhat similar to how Lucas speaks.

https://youtu.be/0Hr8ryxgysI

And yes those are dad’s only kids. I don’t know who has custody of the older boys.

I have a daughter with Down syndrome so I understand completely about the speech. I just know a few people who "can't tolerate stuttering" so I wondered.

Was the pull up needed? Or was that perhaps just laziness not wanting to be bothered taking him to go potty?

I'm a little, uh, surprised that LE advised family to get their updates from social media? Just sayin...

FindLucasAllen, please know that SM is often filled with rumors, etc. We do not allow that here so you are in a good place where you can receive updates, without having to deal with the BS often found on SM. The only social media links allowed here are from mainstream media outlets, official "find" pages and Law Enforcement.

Does Lucas spend much time outside? Would he have wandered away enjoying being outside?

I just remembered I have pictures of Baby Girl and Mr. Pink fishing at one of the ponds at the Center. I made faux Sushi (Rice Krispy treats rolled up with a gummy worm in the middle). Such a sweet memory at such a sad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18