Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have never thought this could have lasted 3 weeks not knowing where Lucas is at.

Why would Emily risk losing her other 3 kids to do something to sweet Lucas. I just don't understand. I just can't get in that mindset. jmo

It might have been a beating that turned into an unintentional murder and she panicked because she didn't want to lose her other kids. She was already treading on thin ice with her ex and their boys. Add discovering she was doing drugs to the equation and she's totally screwed! She's lost her children now probably forever, more than likely lost her boyfriend, etc.

We are not allowed to sleuth family but we can discuss what they say to the press. EG's parents made a statement back on Feb 20:

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Po...search-for-missing-Wichita-boy-474598043.html

From that same article, they issued a 2nd statement Wednesday, Feb 21st, after the stepmother had been charged....

"As we stated before, our lives have been turned upside down. We were saddened to hear about the charges. Our main focus is still Lucas and we continue to pray for his safe return."

It might have been a beating that turned into an unintentional murder and she panicked because she didn't want to lose her other kids. She was already treading on thin ice with her ex and their boys. Add discovering she was doing drugs to the equation and she's totally screwed! She's lost her children now probably forever, more than likely lost her boyfriend, etc.

You are more that likely right. It is just hard for me to comprehend someone being like that. I am a horrible liar, you can tell if I am not telling the truth in an instant. In fact I just don't lie for that exact reason.

This looks amazing, and I can't imagine how much effort you've put into it. Thank you!

But...I can't read it? The text is so tiny on my screen and it won't let me zoom in any more. Does anyone have an idea how I can get the text large enough to read?

You have to download it, if you can’t let me know I can do a condensed version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have also wondered, if he was transported inside a closed up plastic tub, sealed with duct tape, would that prevent cadaver dogs from hitting on the car during a later search?

(Re: my earlier response to this, I realize you were referring to hitting on the car, and not the sealed tote itself, just to be clear in my post, was just starting with that link to see if it described the scent emanating from a sealed tote, and its potential residual scents.)

As someone mentioned KS takes into acct sources of income/support. Watch how fast stepmother becomes girlfriend when applying for a public defender, imo

Margarita- you make me smile . All these thoughts tumbling out and the "dang system" times out. :)

I've tried to lay low on theories. I have a couple of opinions that influence my thoughts on searches.
Little man is somewhere local that she knows the area.
It was dark, so he's close to the side of the road.
He's in a blanket, maybe with both in another bag.
Even if she had help, she is quite the boss. So she knows.

Don't read too much into these...just my opinion.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Great stuff, thanks for weighing in, Henry. I would have to say I agree with these, moo.

Jumping off this, duffle bag maybe? Had meant to mention this before...

I just don't understand why she hasn't been bailed out. It's just a misdemeanor count presently. Maybe her family is waiting for her to get an atty and get her bail lowered?
Maybe she has a long history of drug abuse and her family thinks this might teach her a good lesson?
Maybe she's safer in jail with the community uproar about
Lucas missing under her watch?

Or she figures the more time she does now the less she'll potentially get later. If her current charge is the only one she's hit with then she potentially could be sentenced to "time served" if and when she is found guilty or accepts a plea deal.

I agree DAnthrplgst. I think she knows she has to answer in some way. She willfully admits she was the adult w/LH when he disappeared. I 100% believe she's just riding out the charges. Sitting tight in jail benefits her in a misdemeanor case IMO.
When/if LH is found she'll deal that then.

I’m brand new, been reading a few days on here, but followed the case before that. Anyway, I was wondering if did the family own flashlights? My family wouldn’t have a lot of flashlights readily available with batteries. If we are assuming she did this at night, could it possibly be in a well lit area off main areas? I’m not sure if that all makes since where I’m headed with that thought. I just feel like if your going to dump a body it has to be either lit enough, or you have to have that place memorized very well.

With JH being in oilfield work, are there any drill sites close that she could have dumped him at? I don’t believe they are manned 24/7, but are pretty well lit from what I’ve seen in western KS, and she would have been alone out there at that time of night.

ETA after talking to my husband who is more familiar with drill sites, he said while they’re drilling they are there 24hrs a day. He did also say that they do leave a hole when done drilling though that would be left unattended and could be a place for a body, but it would not be lit up at that point

Welcome Helper86 :)

:welcome5:

Earlier there had been the discussion about Munchausen. I wanted to clarify that in my post I said a "weird Munchausen-type vibe"...what I meant was possible intentional poisoning, but not specifically for attention, as MBP indicates. Just wanted to clarify that. (Al though who knows if she did seek attention, had jealousy, etc.)

As someone mentioned KS takes into acct sources of income/support. Watch how fast stepmother becomes girlfriend when applying for a public defender, imo

I was sort of thinking this too. Although, she previously, supposedly, according to NG (so consider the source), preferred to be known as live in GF. An important distinction to make in a common law marriage state (usually part of the deal is that the couple lives and presents themselves to the public as husband and wife, right?). I think she wanted to have her cake and eat it too...GF as convenient (like manipulating your live-in BF to "put a ring in it" or holding out for a big wedding party or flirting with your smoking companion), stepmom/wife when convenient (my house, my money, my kid).

I assume it didn't occur to her that JH's money is not actually her money. And that he might not pony up to defend her.

At first I thought his possible unwillingness to pay for her defense must mean he doesn't believe her and was not involved. Then, it occurred to me that he could just see it as a waste of money for various reasons, some of them nefarious, some frugal.

Maybe EG and Evan’s mom can become friends now that they are both in jail with the same accusations [emoji23]

What do you use to open it with when it's downloaded?

Hi ESO, I'm having difficulty too, I realllllllly want to read it. :) thanks so much for any assistance.

Assuming EG is guilty. What does she get from telling the truth? She goes to prison forever (as a child killer) and never sees her bio children ever again.

If no one finds Lucas, then she is only up for the endangerment charge, maybe a few months in local jail, and then maybe she could have a chance of supervised visits with her children.

I really don't see any incentive for her to tell the truth.

Even if she admits to moving the body and claiming Lucas fell or drowned in the bath while she was in another room, or he died of sickness, even without a murder charge (I don't think manslaughter is usually applicable for child deaths?) she's still looking at jail for at best neglect, and probably never seeing her bio children ever again, not even with supervision. Maybe this is what she's trying to configure in her head...can she tell enough of the truth to say where Lucas is but not end up in prison and never again seeing her bio children? Maybe that's why she's desperate for the best attorney she can get, so she can sit with them and talk openly without LE hearing, and ask them "theoretically, if L died of natural causes or accident under my care, and I then panicked, what would be the consequences for me?"

Great stuff, thanks for weighing in, Henry. I would have to say I agree with these, moo.

Jumping off this, duffle bag maybe? Had meant to mention this before...
30 gal trash bags can hold 40-50 lbs. Double bag lessens risk of breakage.
That sweet boy....how could so many let him down? :(

I’m back from my walk through his neighborhood. My stomach is doing flip flops. It looks like Saturday is trash day, carts out at the curb at most houses.
Also, the laundromat has a dumpster right in the parking lot wide open. There’s another laundromat just down at Oliver too. And dumpsters beside Parklane shopping center also wide open.
Other than that I didn’t see anything noteworthy. [emoji17]

Agree with all of these points and aspects of comparing EG and Casey. Nice work.
This case reminds me of Misty Croslin and Haieghly Cummings.
Misty claims the back door was open and Haieghly was gone when she awoken.
Haieghly has never been found and no charges have ever been filed.

Misty was sentenced to 25 yrs on a drug charge.
At least LE got her on something.

I’m back from my walk through his neighborhood. My stomach is doing flip flops. It looks like Saturday is trash day, carts out at the curb at most houses.
Also, the laundromat has a dumpster right in the parking lot wide open. There’s another laundromat just down at Oliver too. And dumpsters beside Parklane shopping center also wide open.
Other than that I didn’t see anything noteworthy. [emoji17]

Thank you so much Scarlett. I will note locations of dumpsters on the complete list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member