Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She will have to request a public defender and fill out another financial affidavit.

You’re right- she indicated she was hiring her own. To now get a PD she will have to go back before the judge and ask, and go through the financial application. How they handle the asking of the judge I’m not certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so also. So the cousin asking has me confused. I don't think they will get any where. It has to come from EG herself. imo

ETA: Paddleboader It is not that I don't believe you. Just going off what I have seen in other cases.

I haven't been to El Dorado Lake for a few years. Do they still have the outhouses that are pit toilet style?

If she doesn't have an public defender by Tuesday chances are the hearing will be rescheduled.

She drives a white SUV.

As of noon yesterday, she did not have an attorney. Her cousin is trying to arrange for a public defender.

Where is this woman's family? Is it considered off limits to even ask that? Not for sleuthing them. I don't want names or anything.

I mean are her parents even alive? Does she have siblings? Was she raised by one or the other biological parent? Was she raised with these cousins? Was she raised by wolves?

I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm just not that close to my cousins, while other people are very close to cousins for any number of reasons. I think I'm looking for logical reasons for this person's level of involvement in the missing person case in particular.

I wonder if "the cousins" EG speaks of in her interview where she "sends" (not takes?) Lucas to, where he supposedly plays so rough. I think she assigns ownership of the cousins to him, Lucas, his cousins.

Are there multiple cousins going on? The MSM story of a cousin searching the first night, the jailhouse interview cousins who play rough, and the cousin trying to assist with the attorney?

I sure hope this post is ok.

Thank you for all you do .

The bbm I always thought that was done at the first court appearance when the judge asked if she could afford an attorney. then she had to prove she couldn't afford one. I could very well be wrong.

I can only speak to the laws in VA. I don’t know about KS law. She stated in her first appearance that she wanted the hire her own attorney. From what I’ve been told she cannot afford an attorney. There were calls and visits to the public defender’s office Thursday and Friday. I haven’t spoken to anyone this morning to find out if it was resolved. I hope this won’t result in a continuance.

I think so also. So the cousin asking has me confused. I don't think they will get any where. It has to come from EG herself. imo

ETA: Paddleboader It is not that I don't believe you. Just going off what I have seen in other cases.

If the cousin really is trying to arrange a PD (not sure where that info came from) she may be trying to find an attorney willing to take EG's case pro bono for her or she may be trying to get a specific attorney from the PD's office to represent EG.

I'm not familiar with how the whole PD thing works but if I'm not mistaken a PD can either come from the PD's office or they can be a private attorney who can request to be assigned a case and that private attorney can serve as EG's public defender. EG's cousin may be trying to find a private attorney who will serve as EG's defender. I hate to say this but there are attorney's out there who have no problem using spurious defenses to get people off charges or who specialize is using the public to pressure prosecutor's to reduce or dismiss charges because the defendant "has it so hard."

I can only speak to the laws in VA. I don’t know about KS law. She stated in her first appearance that she wanted the hire her own attorney. From what I’ve been told she cannot afford an attorney. There were calls and visits to the public defender’s office Thursday and Friday. I haven’t spoken to anyone this morning to find out if it was resolved. I hope this won’t result in a continuance.

Thanks for replying! Yes I looked up applications for Public defenders and It only showed for Felony cases, which this charge is not.

I hope not for a continuance also, except for the fact it might keep her in jail longer. imo

Thanks so much for all you are doing for the family!

Thanks for replying! Yes I looked up applications for Public defenders and It only showed for Felony cases, which this charge is not.

I hope not for a continuance also, except for the fact it might keep her in jail longer. imo

Thanks so much for all you are doing for the family!

She will need to show up prepared - with or without an attorney.

It brings back memories of the FCA case, in which she said she was Indigent and qualify for such, but he was paid out of book/photos royalties through a deal that they had for him to be paid. Imho. He was brought on as somebody who had to get on the list to be a freebie, and then he was qualified. And we know how the rest went from there.

Pay retainer, then Qualified to be Indigent, then have qualified As an Indigent person represent you, and then he gets paid by the state an hourly wage which makes you lots of money in addition to any deals behind the scene? Perhaps she is looking for such?

Where is this woman's family? Is it considered off limits to even ask that? Not for sleuthing them. I don't want names or anything.

I mean are her parents even alive? Does she have siblings? Was she raised by one or the other biological parent? Was she raised with these cousins? Was she raised by wolves?

I don't want to jump to conclusions. I'm just not that close to my cousins, while other people are very close to cousins for any number of reasons. I think I'm looking for logical reasons for this person's level of involvement in the missing person case in particular.

I wonder if "the cousins" EG speaks of in her interview where she "sends" (not takes?) Lucas to, where he supposedly plays so rough. I think she assigns ownership of the cousins to him, Lucas, his cousins.

Are there multiple cousins going on? The MSM story of a cousin searching the first night, the jailhouse interview cousins who play rough, and the cousin trying to assist with the attorney?

I sure hope this post is ok.

Thank you for all you do .

BBM Depending on your upbringing, some cousins are more like siblings then cousins. I'll use myself for an example. I'm from a very large Italian family and the entire family lives in very close to proximity to each other, I easily have 35 or so cousins. Some are younger, some older and some are the same age as myself, those of us that are near each other in age essentially grew up together and we're more like siblings to each other then cousins. I have several cousins who would work together with my own brothers to help me out or serve as a "voice" if something were to happen to me or if I needed help in some way. Not that I would ever commit a murder but if I did and needed help getting rid of the evidence I know without a shadow of a doubt those cousins would help and keep their mouth shut.

I have never followed a missing child case like Lucas's case before. For some reason Lucas has captured my heart and I can't stand that he is out there in the Kansas elements somewhere. I think about him 24/7 even when I can't be here.

I pray each and every day someone will find him. Let today be the day!

Hugs to the family! :grouphug:

BBM Depending on your upbringing, some cousins are more like siblings then cousins. I'll use myself for an example. I'm from a very large Italian family and the entire family lives in very close to proximity to each other, I easily have 35 or so cousins. Some are younger, some older and some are the same age as myself, those of us that are near each other in age essentially grew up together and we're more like siblings to each other then cousins. I have several cousins who would work together with my own brothers to help me out or serve as a "voice" if something were to happen to me or if I needed help in some way. Not that I would ever commit a murder but if I did and needed help getting rid of the evidence I know without a shadow of a doubt those cousins would help and keep their mouth shut.

I am from a very large, very close family but I guess I’m weird reading all the comments on here of people with people they would tell and have help with dire situations....there isn’t one person in this earth I would be able to burden with such a thing, or that I would ever give that level of power over me....

The answer is with EG and she is not going to tell anyone what she did to Lucas or where she threw his body. She is evil.

It is cases like this when I wish we didn't have so many protections for suspects. A withering 24 hour interrogation would crack her.

You guys are all so awesome. I have to take a step back from this case now. I'm not giving up. I need to regroup and refresh. It's really getting hard with him not being found yet. Thank you all for loving this boy. Wichita's baby. :heartbeat:

Is there perhaps an attorney relative or friend that EG was hoping would step forward to help her out and that's why she was thinking she would get her own atty?

She needs to realize Lucas will be found. She will be given no favours for not helping. This won’t help her. Unless she is hoping it’s months or years from now and a autopsy won’t reveal much like Little Lonzie.
Give him up EG!

She needs to realize Lucas will be found. She will be given no favours for not helping. This won’t help her. Unless she is hoping it’s months or years from now and a autopsy won’t reveal much like Little Lonzie.
Give him up EG!

BBM
That's what I think she's hoping for too. That he won't be found for a long time if ever and the elements would have destroyed evidence of COD. I doubt she made mistakes like CA showing homicide. I think she learned from CA's case and maybe others.

She drives a white SUV.

As of noon yesterday, she did not have an attorney. Her cousin is trying to arrange for a public defender.

Ahhhhh, her bestie still by her side. Not surprised........
Thank you for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members