Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #10 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink, what's the latest on the ground? What are Mr. Pink's latest thoughts?

:websleuther:

(Alright, going back to read now!)

The only thought Mr. Pink has is >>> :sleep:

Tomorrow we are going to look at a few places but I think he is as perplexed as the rest of us. Earlier this week, I tried to go look at the places we are going tomorrow and found I am a big chicken without my sidekick, so my searching has slowed down. (That and getting ready for the big reveal on Sunday!)

The only thought Mr. Pink has is >>> :sleep:

Tomorrow we are going to look at a few places but I think he is as perplexed as the rest of us. Earlier this week, I tried to go look at the places we are going tomorrow and found I am a big chicken without my sidekick, so my searching has slowed down. (That and getting ready for the big reveal on Sunday!)

(Yeah, please keep your sidekick with you...don't go alone (feeling extra protective here LOL :heartbeat: )

(Ok, this going to be really embarrassing to admit, but I used to think a gender reveal was when you reveal your gender :blushing: )

(Eta: It's awfully quiet in here tonight, only 6 members...)

(Oh, I need to go see if Tricia responded to my request yet about having JH on True Crime Radio!!)
(And if PB talked to him yet!)

I just want to say that this thread makes me proud to be a Kansan. I've had to take a step back for a couple of reasons that I'm not comfortable discussing, but I'm here reading every day and our boy is never far from my mind.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Great to hear from you, flute4peace. Thank you again for everything.

I keep going back to EG's neighbor witnessing her digging in her flower bed. Could she have been gathering some sort of landscape rocks or decorative rocks (since she seems to be into rocks :) to use as weight? If they had just moved they probably have some large rubbermaid tubs in their possession. I hate to think of her placing Lucas in a tub with rocks/stones for weight. How sinkable would a tub with a body and a bunch of rocks be? She could of loaded the tub with Lucas in the back of her SUV and added the rocks and duct tape it shut and drive to a desolate bridge, back up as close as she can get to the edge and just slide the tub into the water. :(

I have also wondered, if he was transported inside a closed up plastic tub, sealed with duct tape, would that prevent cadaver dogs from hitting on the car during a later search?

Does anyone know if the place she was staying had a septic tank ?

Or is there one real close to where she was with the kids?

Septic tanks give me the creeps and the one I have definitely has a large enough opening for a small child to fit through once the lid is taken off.

Some lids have locks and if she locked it back then she could have easily hidden the boy down in one because nobody hardly opens them unless they are being drained by a tanker truck.

Some have a handle attached to a heavy lid and you have to pry it upwards to get the lid off. Once the lid is off the opening to the septic tank is large enough for a small child.

They have different types of openings but all septic tanks will have an access point so they can be cleaned out.

Hatfield, always great to see you in threads..

This reminds me, I've been thinking about your posts today (now yesterday )....

Re: the storm drains you mentioned in another post, those spots on the roads...say Lucas was put in one of those within a fairly close radius, where do those drains drain? To where do they flow? Can we look this up online (Neighborhood map of water drainage from culverts/storm drains...)...Where does all the water go? Additionally, is there a wastewater plant connection, etc...what does a grid of the sewer lines look like?

I have also wondered, if he was transported inside a closed up plastic tub, sealed with duct tape, would that prevent cadaver dogs from hitting on the car during a later search?

Hi Katy, my guuuuueeeessss would be no, moo.

Eta: Actually you really have me wondering now...

Requires further research....

:lookingitup:

Dear google,
"can scent dogs detect body/in storage tote"

BINGO / CIA / first result:

Human Scent and Its Detection
https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...ence/kent-csi/vol5no2/html/v05i2a04p_0001.htm

Old article, 1993, let's see what it says...

Eta:

"Parameters of Detection

If one is willing to make a number of simplifying assumptions, it is possible to estimate the approximate amount of human odor a dog would have available at a given distance from a man. The calculation is rather crude, but at least it gives a quantitative idea of the order of magnitude of the dog's ability.

Take a man standing in a field with a wind blowing across his body and a dog 100 yards down wind. Scent is transferred from the man's body to the air and is carried down wind to the dog. We will assume the man and dog have maintained their positions long enough that a continuous cloud of scent is present between them. As it goes down wind, the cross section of the cloud will grow larger and the concentration of the scent in the air smaller in rough proportion to the square of the distance. The concentration at any particular point will vary, however, not only with the rate of emanation of the scent, wind speed, and distance, but also with corrective factors expressing the effects of weather and terrain on the width and height of the cloud, the earth's drag on the part of the cloud near the ground, and the tendency of the concentration to decrease with altitude."

(Going down the rabbit hole, article talking about sniffing fot chemical warfare agents...getting distracted, exit this link and keep searching, lol)

(Gah, timed out on post.

Sorry, o/t, here is the link for Foxfire, for newbies, referred to in post #476:

Longtime WS'er, FOXFIRE, has passed away
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-er-FOXFIRE-has-passed-away&highlight=foxfire )

( Eta: O/T, which reminds me, I've cleared some space in my PM box for anyone who cares; it's really hard because I'm saving my conversations with Foxfire...

Maybe I can screen shot them or something...:( )
you can download the messages into an excel spreadsheet and save them that way too.

im sorry about foxfire :grouphug:

Just under 30 (26.2 miles), straight shot...hmmm....not bad, chihuahua.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Dorado_Lake

"El Dorado Lake*is *advertiser censored*reservoir*on the*Walnut River*0.5 miles (0.80*km) northeast of*El Dorado*in the*Flint Hills*region of*Kansas.[5][6]*Built and managed by the*U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, it is used for flood control, recreation, and water supply.*El Dorado State Park*is located on its shore.[1]"

*I like it. It covers elements I just addressed to Hatfield in post #486

Anything in particular as related to EG which could/would point in this direction?
(Sorry if already mentioned, trying hard to keep up here.)

This, of course, assuming a water disposal. I seem to be 50/50 on land vs water. Actually, with the park searches..leaning towards maybe 60/40ish at this moment, moo.

I'm still thinking bridge (subject to change by the second).

Going back to look at Henry's and GigTu's bridge mapping (or anyone else's)?

(Eta:: GigTu just saw your post a second after write your name lol! :wave: Can you please bring yoyr bridge stuff forward? I've got a million windows open..

Hey, while I've got you on the line, I've thought about Sara Graham (still not found) for some reason a lot during Lucas' case; I remember that's where I first met you I think, anyway, how were fields associated with her? Sorry, weird question...Was it corn fields? Going back to look at that (don't ask me why...NC and Kansas, quite different...) )

Eta: Omg....the stepmom!!! Sorry, talking to myself...I swear I just made that connection, as I was thinking strictly terrain (fields)...wasn't her stepmother ruled a suspect?

NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?270348-NC-Sara-Graham-18-Fairmont-4-February-2015-1

All these victims speak to us and we learn from every one of them. And think about them often. Not sure why SG popped in my mind. )

So, who all potentially went fishing where and when again? Sorry, I think a recall a comment from a VI but can't remember what it was...

Did these guys fish? And where. Tia.

(Eta: Newbies, you wouldn't believe how often this fishing question comes up...the darn fishing pole in Dylan Redwine's case, Abby and Libby's case (Who is BG / "Bridge Guy?")

-Links for reference: (always great to get new eyes when the opportunity presents itself!!!! Do you recognize this man's voice, etc etc? Audio file at link )

ABIGAIL WILLIAMS
Murder Victims
Delphi, Carroll County, Indiana
February 13, 2017
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams

LIBERTY GERMAN
Murder Victims
Delphi, Carroll County, Indiana
February 13, 2017
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german

(Looking for Abby's poster, just found this post, WOW: (not commentable per TOS, sorry, basically this POI was ruled out and we are not allowed to talk about him anymore)
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-68&p=13654100#post13654100 ....

*I will continue to trust my instincts. Always good to have confirmation, even though one may not be correct all the time. )

So, where is Lucas?

The first thing I'd like to conquer is are we looking at a land or water disposal, and or why or why not in your opinions?

(Would love to especially hear from Henry, who is working on his Doctorate in Forensic Psychology.

(Gosh, timing out badly tonight, posts are "thick"...my hour to finish the above post expired, continuing: )

Henry, I realize you're very busy with mapping (you rock!); not sure if you saw my post way back, and above, that since you are working on your Doctorate in Forensic Psychology iirc, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the land vs. water disposal aspect, and "stepmother" as killer, etc... tia.

(Please keep doing what you're doing! You are on a roll and I dont want to stop the momentum...just saying, whenever you get a chance, I'd love to hear your thoughts from a Forensic Psychology perspective. Thanks.)

I have never seen a more collective feet on the ground response by WS members ever in any case I've followed here. People talking about searching is one thing-- folks actually going out there and doing it is anither...amazing work guys. Again, please be careful. It can be hard when when the adrenaline is pumping, etc.

Back to Bridges, Arkansas River, would do those point look like?

Questions for JH, if I had the opportunity (please feel free to contribute):

(Eta: nevermind, will take too long LOL, maybe tomorrow, thanks for listening tonight, having many thoughts tonight about the seatch for Lucas. And about many other victims and their cases. All over the place. But believe it or not they tie together in many ways...I'd add Lucas to the Malik Drummond/Sherin Mathews group....

Day 21...

Eta:

JH, what is EG's drug(s) of choice? What is missing from the home? When did you....timeline...locations....etc etc etc....

Have we decided definitively if a metal detector can pick up Lucas' dental work?
If so, again, would like a drone flown with one attached in areas deemed potentially pertinent per LE, which may be hard to access via ground search.

I think some are giving her far too much credit. There’s no doubt in my mind that this was a quick disposal (whether close to the home or further out, I don’t know). I really don’t think she put any more effort into it than just quickly placing him somewhere (dumpster, woods, drainage pipe, etc.). Middle of the night, high, probably paranoid and freaking out...something quick. My best guess still would be a local dumpster. In her mind she probably figured that if he was found, she could always just blame it on someone abducting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh....maybe you're right... :(

We realllllly need to find him, not only to bring this little guy home ("little guy" reminds me of "little man" (Where are you "little man www.littlemanlost.com Deorr and Relisha?))...If there is little forensic evidence as far as a death occurring (no blood, etc)....not sure how much there will be for a no body case as far as the DA is concerned
? Who is the DA? Current Prosecutor(s)?

Sigh we might be in for a long road here. By the time he is found, autopsy, COD, Tox report, etc etc....

(Or not, I mm don't want to be negative...being optimistic, so many resources and searchers here, the more quickly Lucas is found, the more quickly charges can be filed, obviously.

(Eta: I'm no gitana though lol)

Maybe she will be released on house arrest, ankle monitor, etc..

You guys may be right. She might walk. For now. She will no doubt receive harassment if so, imo.

What terms has she violated again (in addition to a Child Endangerment)? Drug use, right?

So, if she had help, which I agree with many of you is highly likely imo, she would call them in a panic. So LE would see this phone trail. And might know more than we k n ow about this. Unless she used a burnerer as mentioned which brings to ask did she already own one, or did she maybe GO BUY ONE after he died? How long after he was deceased did she get rid of his body? I've often seen in other cases (Hailey Owens, different type of case completely but for example off the top of my had, ARS again with Jessica, again totally different example, they wait til the next day. Again, we are not privy to when exactly the death may have occurred. And how many hours she had exactly.

Dang timed out again. Last post, sorry...

Continued from above:

I think the best insight on Lucas' whereabouts could lie within JH, moo, consciously OR subconsciously. Or her cousin or closest alliances, friends, family, dealer, etc etc.

Surely she told soooomeone? Or not? (Poll)

Eta: Just saw this post:

I think she would of confided her cousin. I was thinking the same thing also, she would of been so messed up and scare and called someone that understood her and she trusted to help her. Not sure if her cousin would of helped her but I think she confided in her. I have my reason and suspicions for thinking she has been told by EG. I just don't know if she would of asked her to help dispose of Lucas.

(O/T thought before I fall asleep, what can I take from this thread, LUCAS' thread, to help with other cold case search specific threads, for example the one I started for Alexis in 2013 re: potential search areas; she has still not yet been found...I would do what Henry and GigTu, etc have done, revisit with more satellite imagery, etc...awesome to come back 5 years later armed with more tools, technology and experience:

Alexis Murphy Search Discussion/Possible Locations of Interest
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...rch-Discussion-Possible-Locations-of-Interest

(FLA, you told us to go about with what we do as if you're not here; this is what we do....)

Eta: i just posted in AM's thread to revisit more digitally, as in Lucas' case here, and linked this post. )

I think it's getting off track of Lucas because we are all stumped. Sometimes it takes bringing up old cases and remembering where our thought patterns were then, in order to bring up new thoughts to find Lucas.

Word.

IMO it might be a case of she is protecting someone and that someone is protecting EG because they both have alot to lose if the truth comes out.

Interesting to think about this.

Ok, man holes... is that a viable option? Are we able to look in them? If it's an option, I will start at her house and find some close by.

And where would contents of manholes in the area end up? Again, what is the storm sewer drainage grids, etc...

"A manhole (alternatively utility hole, cable chamber, maintenance hole, inspection chamber, access chamber, sewer hole, or confined space) is the top opening to an underground utility vault used to house an access point for making connections, inspection, valve adjustments or performing maintenance on underground and buried public utility and other services including water, sewers, telephone, electricity, storm drains, district heating and gas."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhole

With JH being a "mudlogger", might the there have been any special tools/ equipment in the garage? As mentioned, probably giving her too much credit...but if she had help...

So, how smart is this woman anyway? Thoughts? Any opinions on her general level of intelligence? (Speculative, of course)

I've seen some posts mentioning maybe she acted on insight gleamed from CA...she might not know anything about that, maybe too young to know or care, jmo...

"Baby boy"... :thinking: ...dockacot...

Revisiting:

Neighbor recalls first - and last - time he saw missing 5-year-old child
February 23, 2018
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

(***and there goes the 1 hour timer again!
:eek:fftobed: )

Whaaaaat??? TES found one of the ladies??? Teresa or Brianna?
:scared:

(Eta: Going straight to Gardener's Profile to find the right thread!
Never mind, long way around the block...too many posts...

MI - Brianna Vibert, 24, Genesee County, 15 July 2017
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Brianna-Vibert-24-Genesee-County-15-July-2017
TES:
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-brianna-vibert-25-yrs-flint-mi-071717/

MI - Teresa Woolard, 48, Burton, 5 Dec 2016
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?324778-MI-Teresa-Woolard-48-Burton-5-Dec-2016
(Awwwww our dear Los started her thread :heartbeat: )
TES:
http://www.texasequusearch.org/missing-teresa-towne-woolard-49-yrs-burton-mi-121116/ )

Los :cry:

It is a picture of a conversation between Emily Glass and someone else. Emily is explaining to this person the reason why she was going to lose visitation with her boys. It seems to me like she had a motive for harming Lucas. Imo based off the conversation.

Please don’t post this. I have seen it circulating and it is against the TOS on here.. it will get the thread shut down.

We really have no way to prove that conversation was legitimate.

(Gah, timed out on post.

Sorry, o/t, here is the link for Foxfire, for newbies, referred to in post #476:

Longtime WS'er, FOXFIRE, has passed away
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-er-FOXFIRE-has-passed-away&highlight=foxfire )

( Eta: O/T, which reminds me, I've cleared some space in my PM box for anyone who cares; it's really hard because I'm saving my conversations with Foxfire...

Maybe I can screen shot them or something...:( )

I think you can download these Magz. Might be worth it for you to be able to keep them but also have the room in your inbox.

Most of my conversations with Los were over FB so I've got them stored for good!

I’ve started making a list of children who were murdered but were reported missing and where the body was found. It’s NOT complete but I thought I’d post what I have so far. Hopefully this will be useful because some of these cases are heartbreaking [emoji26]

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h6CyLxMzFdSj4gaJ6CJ60-ih-kMXmmt9

ETA-This list isn’t complete, I will be posting what I have so far....it’s a work in process!

ESO :heartbeat:

So, every time I get here, I catch up on all the pages I have missed and by the time I get to the end I honestly feel so astounded at all of your work here, that I never know what to what to say. I mean, after all you have all done, what could I possibly add? ...

But, I'm checking in. So I'm here whenever you need me.

May this be the day for Lucas:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:.
I'm just stuck on the idea that EG had help after the fact. With disposal.
I wouldn't think he was actually buried but rather left above ground wrapped in something. I keep focusing on an area between Pine and Ivy found on this map of Eureka, Kansas. Don't know why.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/N+P...=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x87b9789670a74ae7:0xdc
I'd probably take the route that isn't a tollroad but two are listed on this map:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Edg.../data=!3m1!4b1!4m17!4m16!1m5!1m1!1s0x87bae313
:thinking:
jmo

Hmmmm....visitation? Where and when? What were the logistics of this arrangement? Tia. This could be very important if she had to go pick them up, etc, etc...we're the other kids there? What is the vicinity of the pickup location IF there was one? (Catching up, maybe I'll come across it so sorry if already posted.)

Eta: Scarlett, I remember you're new because I welcomed you personally. Earlier you had mentioned/asked what common element might these parks contain? I wanted to let you know that before you joined (iirc) we too had been pondering this and there had been some discussion; I wanted to make a note to bring these forward so you could take a look at it, since you might be interested. :) I had posted some information about the parks I could find online. I thought you had a great idea this afternoon to have one of our folks on the ground look for a particular common element, fwiw. We had discussed everything from gravel and turf to flora, fauna, feathers and duck poop (O/T, Leave it to CLUE to mention the duck poop, here is a great light thread for anyone who needs a break, CLUE and I spent some time here, it's a great place for a self timeout, link in progress).

This is fantastic. Exactly what needs to be done, imo. Road sides within the 30, ditches, tree lines, creek beds. And fence lines, moo. Good job and thank you, motheroffour!

Remember everyone who looks in remote areas to please be careful! Who knows what lurks in the woods. I don't hike up here alone anymore for this very reason, scary homeless people, etc in the bushes, there's even a whole NatGeo episode about it like COPS about this called "The Hills Have Eyes". Of course I'm not sure Kansas/Wichita has a homeless epidemic like Colorado (and SoCal) have.

Eta: FTR not saying all homeless are people are violent. I've had the opportunity to talk with many.

Hi Margarita- and thanks for the welcome! I meant to say thanks earlier but I lost who had said it -apologies!
I’m working on getting all my thoughts together on paper to see if I can link stuff together and make a better picture just to keep it all straight in my head, and make my efforts more cohesive.
It’s funny you should mention duck poop and the connection it might have to parks- wichita has a LARGE population of Canadian Geese and they tend to congregate in and near parks. They do sometimes even travel on foot and will stop traffic especially along McLean I have found.
Anyway, back to my musing and prepping to go walk his neighborhood today...

Dang timed out again. Last post, sorry...

Continued from above:

I think the best insight on Lucas' whereabouts could lie within JH, moo, consciously OR subconsciously. Or her cousin or closest alliances, friends, family, dealer, etc etc.

Surely she told soooomeone? Or not? (Poll)

Eta: Just saw this post:

(O/T thought before I fall asleep, what can I take from this thread, LUCAS' thread, to help with other cold case search specific threads, for example the one I started for Alexis in 2013 re: potential search areas; she has still not yet been found...I would do what Henry and GigTu, etc have done, revisit with more satellite imagery, etc...awesome to come back 5 years later armed with more tools, technology and experience:

Alexis Murphy Search Discussion/Possible Locations of Interest
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...rch-Discussion-Possible-Locations-of-Interest

(FLA, you told us to go about with what we do as if you're not here; this is what we do....)

Eta: i just posted in AM's thread to revisit more digitally, as in Lucas' case here, and linked this post. )

Word.

Interesting to think about this.

And where would contents of manholes in the area end up? Again, what is the storm sewer drainage grids, etc...

"A manhole (alternatively utility hole, cable chamber, maintenance hole, inspection chamber, access chamber, sewer hole, or confined space) is the top opening to an underground utility vault used to house an access point for making connections, inspection, valve adjustments or performing maintenance on underground and buried public utility and other services including water, sewers, telephone, electricity, storm drains, district heating and gas."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhole

With JH being a "mudlogger", might the there have been any special tools/ equipment in the garage? As mentioned, probably giving her too much credit...but if she had help...

So, how smart is this woman anyway? Thoughts? Any opinions on her general level of intelligence? (Speculative, of course)

I've seen some posts mentioning maybe she acted on insight gleamed from CA...she might not know anything about that, maybe too young to know or care, jmo...

"Baby boy"... :thinking: ...dockacot...

Revisiting:

Neighbor recalls first - and last - time he saw missing 5-year-old child
February 23, 2018
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

(***and there goes the 1 hour timer again!
:eek:fftobed: )
Margarita- you make me smile . All these thoughts tumbling out and the "dang system" times out. :)

I've tried to lay low on theories. I have a couple of opinions that influence my thoughts on searches.
Little man is somewhere local that she knows the area.
It was dark, so he's close to the side of the road.
He's in a blanket, maybe with both in another bag.
Even if she had help, she is quite the boss. So she knows.

Don't read too much into these...just my opinion.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Hi Margarita- and thanks for the welcome! I meant to say thanks earlier but I lost who had said it -apologies!
I’m working on getting all my thoughts together on paper to see if I can link stuff together and make a better picture just to keep it all straight in my head, and make my efforts more cohesive.
It’s funny you should mention duck poop and the connection it might have to parks- wichita has a LARGE population of Canadian Geese and they tend to congregate in and near parks. They do sometimes even travel on foot and will stop traffic especially along McLean I have found.
Anyway, back to my musing and prepping to go walk his neighborhood today...

Thank you so much for your walk. I will be checking in all day, so feel free to give me a shout if you are in an area and need my help from a map perspective.

PS it’s supposed to be a lovely day, slightly overcast with a high of 72 so I fully expect to see lots of people out and about [emoji4]

PS it’s supposed to be a lovely day, slightly overcast with a high of 72 so I fully expect to see lots of people out and about [emoji4]

Awesome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads