DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTEMPTED
CONSPIRACY
SOLICITATION

Hmmm...I don't know who the attorneys are here, but HELP! Lol

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...e-crimes-conspiracy-attempt-solicitation.html

From the link:

What must the defendant do to constitute an “attempt?”
People must take a concrete, substantial step towards furthering their intent to break the law before they will be guilty of an attempt. This is an act of perpetration (Step Four, above), not mere preparation (Step Three). So, for example, purchasing the weapon, without more, won’t expose the actor to attempted murder, but aiming it towards the victim and firing will.

Conspiracy

The crime of conspiracy is another incomplete, or inchoate, crime. It’s an agreement, explicit or implied, among two or more people, to commit a criminal act. But it’s a very controversial crime, because its definition is so vague. Courts have struggled for years to differentiate mere ideas from agreements to break the law; there’s a real risk that people will be punished for what they say, not for what they do. Indeed, historically conspiracy laws have been used to suppress controversial activity, such as strikes and dissent against public policies.
[h=3]What must the defendant do to justify a conviction for solicitation?[/h]The defendant must invite, request, and so on, but the actual target crime need not be committed, or even attempted, for the accusation of solicitation to stick. For example, if Able asks Bob to rob Victor, but Bob refuses, Able has still solicited Bob. However, if the request is never communicated, the crime may be attempted solicitation, as when Mary writes to Kay, asking Kay to perform an illegal act, but Kay never receives the letter: Here, Mary may be guilty only of attempted solicitation.
Sounds to me like a "plan" was made and not carried through.

Imo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

EG now has a court appointed attorney and an order has been entered to have the case sealed. The hearing will be a bench trial on March 13 at 9:00 a.m.

This is the charge:

21.5601.a - Endangering a child

Class A Misdemeanor - attempted conspiracy solicitation - non drug

I had to put myself in a time out for a little while...the frustration of this case was making me grumpy :)

Non drug??? What does that mean?? And why did news outlets report suspected drug use if the charge says it’s not?

Attempted conspiracy solicitation...she tried to make a deal with someone to buy/sell something?? Is that right??

But it’s “non drug”?? Uhhhh...

I don't want to put words in any ones mouth or twist anything, but by saying haven71 is spot on, I conclude that #4 occurred: E.G. gave a tip about the park. And if so, I would look everywhere EXCEPT a park. E.G. is a narcissist and a liar.

But giving a tip about where a missing child might be would implicate a person as knowing where that child is. It's a bit of a confused conundrum, and I'm having trouble buying that E.G. gave a tip but has not been arrested as a suspect in his disappearance.

As far as #4, I was agreeing that I think she gave LE false information.

I don’t think she gave them a “tip” of any sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EG now has a court appointed attorney and an order has been entered to have the case sealed. The hearing will be a bench trial on March 13 at 9:00 a.m.

This is the charge:

Please forgive me, but what is a non-drug attempted conspiracy solicitation? I've looked on Google but the answer isn't really clear.

This is the charge:

http://www.kslegislature.org/li_201..._article/021_056_0001_section/021_056_0001_k/
21-5601. Endangering a child; aggravated endangering a child. (a) Endangering a child is knowingly and unreasonably causing or permitting a child under the age of 18 years to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered.

ATTEMPTED
CONSPIRACY
SOLICITATION

Hmmm...I don't know who the attorneys are here, but HELP! Lol

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/...e-crimes-conspiracy-attempt-solicitation.html

From the link:

What must the defendant do to constitute an “attempt?”
People must take a concrete, substantial step towards furthering their intent to break the law before they will be guilty of an attempt. This is an act of perpetration (Step Four, above), not mere preparation (Step Three). So, for example, purchasing the weapon, without more, won’t expose the actor to attempted murder, but aiming it towards the victim and firing will.

Conspiracy

The crime of conspiracy is another incomplete, or inchoate, crime. It’s an agreement, explicit or implied, among two or more people, to commit a criminal act. But it’s a very controversial crime, because its definition is so vague. Courts have struggled for years to differentiate mere ideas from agreements to break the law; there’s a real risk that people will be punished for what they say, not for what they do. Indeed, historically conspiracy laws have been used to suppress controversial activity, such as strikes and dissent against public policies.
[h=3]What must the defendant do to justify a conviction for solicitation?[/h]The defendant must invite, request, and so on, but the actual target crime need not be committed, or even attempted, for the accusation of solicitation to stick. For example, if Able asks Bob to rob Victor, but Bob refuses, Able has still solicited Bob. However, if the request is never communicated, the crime may be attempted solicitation, as when Mary writes to Kay, asking Kay to perform an illegal act, but Kay never receives the letter: Here, Mary may be guilty only of attempted solicitation.

Oh thank you, thank you! I am not the only one confused by this. I, too, asked for clarification. I found another page that had a murder scenario in it, and it unnerved me, thinking of that darling baby girl possibly in such a scenario, it upset me enough to ask on here what it meant.

As far as #4, I was agreeing that I think she gave LE false information.

I don’t think she gave them a “tip” of any sort.
Yeah, I'm wondering if she even knows how to tell the truth!

I had to put myself in a time out for a little while...the frustration of this case was making me grumpy :)

Non drug??? What does that mean?? And why did news outlets report suspected drug use if the charge says it’s not?

Attempted conspiracy solicitation...she tried to make a deal with someone to buy/sell something?? Is that right??

But it’s “non drug”?? Uhhhh...

A simple definition of conspiracy is that if involves 2 or more parties.

Solicitation simply means that one person is encouraging another person to commit a crime.

It’s actually a very vague charge and could be for any number of offenses.

Sounds to me like a "plan" was made and not carried through.

Imo

Ok so you read it the way that I did (after I found that dastardly page that talked about attempted murder pertaining to the charge). I was wondering if a plan was made with the baby as well, which is even more frightening? Of course, that is if this is what it means, hence why I asked for the meaning of that charge. It's really upsetting me now, time for some Tums. :(

There is nothing checking the Attempted Conspiracy Solicitation so I don't think it applies, I think it is a generic form basically and if it applied would after comment after the :

It would be interesting to see if any other individuals were arrested around the same time as EG.

Solicitation simply means that one person is encouraging another person to commit a crime.

That really is interesting. Especially where it was a non-drug charge. I wonder what went on that afternoon to cause LE to charge her with this. Thanks for the help, .

There is nothing checking the Attempted Conspiracy Solicitation so I don't think it applies, I think it is a generic form basically and if it applied would after comment after the :

If we are allowed to post a screenshot it will be easier to explain.

It would be interesting to see if any other individuals were arrested around the same time as EG.

Is there a Wichita Police log online somewhere? Of course, they probably have several police depts. there so it might be like searching for a needle in a hay stack. A local may know which log to read.

Thanks!

If we are allowed to post a screenshot it will be easier to explain.

I have it pulled up - but there is nothing after the [FONT=&quot]Attempted Conspiracy Solicitation:
But others have indicators [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Level Class: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Misdemeanor /[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Offense Class: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Misdemeanor Class A[/FONT]

already been answered by another poster... I am way behind :facepalm:

"In general, the potential punishment an offender faces can be determined by reference to*sentencing grids."
"Anticipatory nondrug crimes are rated at severity levels less severe than the completed offense."

https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/district-attorney/sentencing-guidelines/

50c808781f765b7d6bda2316160d0e64.jpg

Child endangerment laws are often very broad - it could be as minor as having a child unsecured in a car seat, having an unsecured weapon around a child, leaving a young child without proper supervision, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member