Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a teacher....and last year I was internal subbing for 2nd grade. This poor kid looked just awful (blood shot eyes, dark circles.....as a mom, you can spot "sick" a mile away!). I said, "Let's get a buddy to walk with you to the nurse.....well he just burst out crying....and said, "Noooooooo!!! My mom said 'don't you go to the nurse today! you will be in big trouble!! I have important meetings and can't pick you up." She sent him knowing he was already sick and laid the guilt on him. I started tearing up right there!

That poor child [emoji174][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just speculating, but since we all know she was at OG, could she have put him in the restaurant dumpster out back? No one is usually around them until end of business day.

Yes perhaps he heard someone knocking at the door and looked out to see who was there. I could see that happening.

That's a really good theory. So EG is sick of Lucas because he's been home from school so long, and she just wants a break from him. Maybe he does something during the day that makes her mad and, as a punishment, she says he has to stay home while she and the baby go out to eat. She calls a friend and asks them to meet her at the restaurant. When she gets there, she calls the friend again to see if they're there/where they're sitting (call #1). While having dinner, someone goes to the house (not a friend, but someone like a neighbor, landlord, etc). They knock on the door and little Lucas peeks out to see who it is, but doesn't answer the door. That person calls EG's phone to let her know that they're there and want to talk to her (call #2). EG says she'll be home soon. EG is furious that Lucas let someone see him because now she knows she's going to be in trouble, and flies into a rage...

I still think that he wasn't really "sick". I think that the incident on the 4th between JH and EG's son involved him somehow. Maybe JH was also mad at him... maybe EG retaliated by beating him... maybe everyone was just beating everyone... I don't know. This was the same time he got "sick" (internal injuries?). The neighbor said that Lucas had bruises on his face on the 11th. That could easily still be from the 4th. Maybe something was already damaged from that, and that's why when he was beat again on the 16th, it ended the way it did.

ALL JMO.

I'm a teacher....and last year I was internal subbing for 2nd grade. This poor kid looked just awful (blood shot eyes, dark circles.....as a mom, you can spot "sick" a mile away!). I said, "Let's get a buddy to walk with you to the nurse.....well he just burst out crying....and said, "Noooooooo!!! My mom said 'don't you go to the nurse today! you will be in big trouble!! I have important meetings and can't pick you up." She sent him knowing he was already sick and laid the guilt on him. I started tearing up right there!
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT LUCAS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the affidavit and wondering. The final paragraph says "the phone records show that Emily had two phone calls made on....The phone calls are being made from the area of central and rock. The... restaurant is located just north of this intersection" http://www.kake.com/story/37715009/document-details-child-endangerment-case-against-emily-glass

I'm sure it isn't particularly relevant, but the intersection is actually north of the restaurant, not the other way around. Her home is south west from OG, would traffic at this time of day make it sensible to drive out of the way north to come back south? Or is it just that this places her outside her home in proximity of the restaurant and the actual intersection is irrelevant?

I think the wording "had two calls made" and "calls were made from" is sticking out because it isn't how normal people speak. I had two calls, I made two calls. Does the affidavit purposely not specify, only imply, that the phone calls are originating from EGs phone? Is it possible that "made" is not synonymous with "dialed out" but "connected" so the phone calls are "being made" by another source in the next sentence?

I'm also wondering about EG getting visits w/ her daughter. The news didn't say whether she's allowed contact with JH. It also wouldn't be any of our business whether JH currently has any visits, supervised or otherwise, but the thought crossed my mind.

calls made from her phone might not have been made by her personally. I think that is the reason for the wording. But LE will find out.

Do you remember who the bodies were? Just for my own curiosity.

I will look for the names. This was years ago prior to me knowing the property owners. I do know for certain that they were murdered and dumped here.

Going on the supposition that the landlord saw Lucas through the window but did not communicate with him, my question is why not?

Did he/she not try? Or were they not able to?

What am I missing?

If this occurred, and the landlord tried to communicate with Lucas, it might be possible that he couldn't understand him because of his speech impediment. ?

JMO

If this occurred, and the landlord tried to communicate with Lucas, it might be possible that he couldn't understand him because of his speech impediment. ?

JMO

First I have heard of this. Where is this info coming from?

The ever-helpful cousin also mentioned it in that first news story. She said something along the lines of "he's difficult to understand because he has a speech impediment".

I feel like everyone is truly on track to finding out the why's and how's. I just wish that were enough to figure out the where :( Have been reading some really great theories. I just cant help but feel like there is a piece missing. Perhaps a person that wasn't supposed to be there, some reason that whatever happened couldn't be explained away. JMO

Just got caught up. Scratch my theory then. Nevermind what I said. It was just a thought I had bc they kept stressing on him being sick.

This makes a lot of sense however if this is the case then whoever saw him really dropped the ball and should have reported it to LE that a small child was left alone. JMO because it could have potentially saved his life.

Hypothetically, if someone from the outside saw a child in a house, but didn’t see an adult, they wouldn’t necessarily assume the child was alone. They might just assume the adult didn’t want to talk to them or was avoiding them.

Lucas is difficult to understand because of his repaired cleft palette.

His speech sounds pretty similar to someone deaf or hard of hearing, imo.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

That is heartbreaking

Hypothetically, if someone from the outside saw a child in a house, but didn’t see an adult, they wouldn’t necessarily assume the child was alone. They might just assume the adult didn’t want to talk to them or was avoiding them.

If this happened to me I would call the person and ask what was going on. Maybe they said that they weren’t home.

I would probably be too caught off guard by that answer to question why the child was home alone. I would assume there was an adult there and I wouldn’t immediately call the police until I really processed through what was going on.

Exactly. I'd assume the adult was home and probably call their phone to be like, "Hey, I'm standing outside and need to talk to you. What do you mean you're at OG?"

If I didn't REALLY need to talk to them, I'd probably just walk away annoyed and not think about the situation again until I found out that the kid I saw at the house was missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState