Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #12 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder we are confused. The affidativ is not clear. It says both "had" and "made". Sheeeesh.

"the phone records show that Emily HAD two phone calls MADE on February 16, 2018 at 16:53 and 17:43 hours

The affidativ can be found in the link by clicking on it in the link

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/lucas...disappeared-according-to-affidavit/1039368471

BBM
This is strange wording. Did EG have two phone calls made from her phone or someone else's phone on her behalf?

It goes on to say "the phone calls are being made from the area of Central and Rock. The Olive Garden restaurant is located just north of this intersection."

Did she perhaps call the Landlord? Maybe they had previous plans to meet at the house that evening (to collect payment or to fix something) And Emily was calling at 5:43 to say she was away but could meet sometime after 6, then was surprised/horrified/upset to hear the landlord say that they had just been by her place 15 minutes prior and no one answered the door but a child was peeking through the window?

That's the only scenario I can think of where Emily could have really worried about a CPS call or her visits with her bio children being in danger, and therefore being REALLY upset with Lucas; if she inadvertently admitted to being away or "on her way home" to Landlord via phone before lanlord admitted to already having stopped by?

Just theorizing/thinking out loud...

What is the legal age to leave a child unattended in KS? Surely you shouldn't be allowed to leave a 5 year old alone for any length of time?

There isn’t a legal age but there are DCF guidelines. Ages 0-6years are in the ‘never should be left alone for any period of time’ category
http://www.dcf.ks.gov/services/PPS/Documents/PPM_Forms/Appendices/Appendix_1B.pdf
de9ec31ddb3fc7adf49ca622292d1ff9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two thoughts:

1. Is it normal for a landlord to have a tenet's phone number and to make random calls about things observed? I've lived in a few apts in my day and I can't recall ever once getting a phone call from the landlord about anything, if they needed to communicate with me it was always done via a letter left on my door. Also, do we even know if the LL knocked on the door? If the LL knocked on the door and Lucas was left with another person that person would have answered the door. Since no one else has yet been implicated in this crime I don't think there is another person, particularly because EG would have ratted that other person out by now in order to save her own behind.

2. I don't think EG left Lucas alone with another person while she went to OG. She seems very aware and paranoid about others perceptions of her, if she left Lucas with someone to go out to eat, especially on Lucas' father's dime, without including Lucas what kind of message would that communicate to Person X? They would think horribly of her and that's the sort of thing that would be told to someone else and would very quickly be spread through the grapevine to EG's other friends. EG desperately wants to be seen as a loving, caring mother. The only way I can see this scenario fitting in is if Person X was left at the house with Lucas while EG went to get OG take-out with the intention of returning home with the food. Has LE even indicated that she actually sat down at OG to eat and not gotten take out?

BBM
This is strange wording. Did EG have two phone calls made from her phone or someone else's phone on her behalf?

It goes on to say "the phone calls are being made from the area of Central and Rock. The Olive Garden restaurant is located just north of this intersection."

Good point. I should have kept reading. I would have to lean then that her phone "made" the calls IMO. Thanks.

That's my thoughts right now

Landlord could have left papers (copy of the lease?) with Lucas to give to EG so she knew he answered the door after being told not to. Could have thrown her into a rage because: 1) he disobeyed; 2) she knew someone (landlord?) knew she was negligent in childcare. Again, MOO and speculation.

Two thoughts:

1. Is it normal for a landlord to have a tenet's phone number and to make random calls about things observed? I've lived in a few apts in my day and I can't recall ever once getting a phone call from the landlord about anything, if they needed to communicate with me it was always done via a letter left on my door. Also, do we even know if the LL knocked on the door? If the LL knocked on the door and Lucas was left with another person that person would have answered the door. Since no one else has yet been implicated in this crime I don't think there is another person, particularly because EG would have ratted that other person out by now in order to save her own behind.

2. I don't think EG left Lucas alone with another person while she went to OG. She seems very aware and paranoid about others perceptions of her, if she left Lucas with someone to go out to eat, especially on Lucas' father's dime, without including Lucas what kind of message would that communicate to Person X? They would think horribly of her and that's the sort of thing that would be told to someone else and would very quickly be spread through the grapevine to EG's other friends. EG desperately wants to be seen as a loving, caring mother. The only way I can see this scenario fitting in is if Person X was left at the house with Lucas while EG went to get OG take-out with the intention of returning home with the food. Has LE even indicated that she actually sat down at OG to eat and not gotten take out?

As far as a LL calling, it varies. Some do some don’t. Some leave notes, some stop by to talk... it depends on how much of a paper trail they want to maintain, and what sort of relationship the tenant has with the LL IMO

The affidavit says she says she was at OG for about an hour. It doesn’t specify whether she ate there but that is the implied meaning.

Two thoughts:

Yes, IMO it is very normal for a LL to have a tenant’s cell #. Renting a house from a private owner is completely different than renting an apartment which has a management company overseeing it. I have had landlords knock on my door unexpectedly for various reasons, unless you are up to no good it shouldn’t be problematic.

IMO, EG did not know that LL saw Lucas when she was not home. If she did, I don't think she would have done something to harm him.

If LL sees Lucas home alone and then hears something happens to him THE NEXT DAY, isn't that suspicious? You would think if you were in EG's shoes you would be more careful. Or, at least, if something happened to him that night, since you know he had been seen home alone, use that to your advantage to say he was taken/wandered off, right? Not report him missing 24 hours later.

Perhaps I am giving her too much credit, but it seems risky. I think that whatever happened to him when she got home that night was not due to him being seen home alone and that this is a coincidence (though a helpful one, because it establishes a timeline.)

IMO:sigh:

Gotcha, I just wasn’t sure if I had missed something that would still make it relevant. Thank you for answering [emoji847]

I think the odds of anyone helping her hide Lucas are slim to none. She doesn’t strike me as someone who has people in her life who would be willing to risk their life in prison to help her, particularly if she had just hurt/killed a child. I think that scenario is next to impossible.

No, I don't think you've missed anything :)

I'm just personally curious about the events leading up to directly before Lucas "disappeared". Just my own curiosity is all.

Could either of our VIs answer whether the information you provided to us about getting Lucas a fish as a pet to replace the cat that they had to get rid of is in some way relevant to Friday night or was that just an added detail that is irrelevant?

I don't think she had a black out spell. IMO, she knows every detail.

Could either of our VIs answer whether the information you provided to us about getting Lucas a fish as a pet to replace the cat that they had to get rid of is in some way relevant to Friday night or was that just an added detail that is irrelevant?

My impression was that it was just a little backstory to the cat convo. Didn’t seem relevant to his disappearance at all. I have & could be wrong though [emoji6]

I really don’t like asking this, BUT; for the locals—
In my town it’s pretty well known where the drug deals go down, common knowledge and is just known areas to avoid. Believe it or not these places in my town are areas most people wouldn’t even think would be utilized for a / an illegal exchange to happen, ie; places like M—— ald’s, W ——- art. The local grocery store parking lots etc.
I have seen many so much of it I’m continually amazed how brazen and right in front of everything this happens.
My question to the locals—-
Is there a place within a 2 mile radius of LH home where this kind of stuff happens?

IMO, EG did not know that LL saw Lucas when she was not home. If she did, I don't think she would have done something to harm him.

If LL sees Lucas home alone and then hears something happens to him THE NEXT DAY, isn't that suspicious? You would think if you were in EG's shoes you would be more careful. Or, at least, if something happened to him that night, since you know he had been seen home alone, use that to your advantage to say he was taken/wandered off, right? Not report him missing 24 hours later.

Perhaps I am giving her too much credit, but it seems risky. I think that whatever happened to him when she got home that night was not due to him being seen home alone and that this is a coincidence (though a helpful one, because it establishes a timeline.)

IMO:sigh:

Good point, but what other choice does she have really if she doesn't want to admit to murdering him? Leaving him alone the night before was already too risky to report him missing the very next day, but it didn't stop her, so what difference (in her mind) does it make if she's going to report him missing 24 hours after a landlord sees him peeking through a window, especially if she can (poorly) point suspicion in the direction of a couple who were outside smoking "a few days" prior. Technically, the more time that would pass WITHOUT knowing someone had seen him, the more suspicion would be directed at her.

Wouldn't saying he disappeared while she was at Olive Garden been more believable than he disappeared from the house while I was there napping? Can't go with that story if you know the landlord saw him.

Gotcha, I just wasn’t sure if I had missed something that would still make it relevant. Thank you for answering [emoji847]

I think the odds of anyone helping her hide Lucas are slim to none. She doesn’t strike me as someone who has people in her life who would be willing to risk their life in prison to help her, particularly if she had just hurt/killed a child. I think that scenario is next to impossible.

I agree with this, she’s not talking and she seems like she would throw someone under the bus if there was someone to throw.
Also, given the events since she went to jail - was gonna hire an attorney but ended up asking for a public defender, her appearance of anger at the bond reduction hearing - things aren’t going according to the script she had in her head...and no one seems likely to help out...

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/lucas...disappeared-according-to-affidavit/1039368471

Phone records show Glass made two phones calls on Feb. 16 at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. from the area of Central and Rock. The Olive Garden is located north of the intersection.

Not to nitpick the journalist but they didn't double check the location of the intersection in relation to the restaurant before regurgitating what they think they've read about the phone calls. I tend to agree that "made" seems like "dialed out" but the wording might be intentionally vague. If it is intentional and we hit on it, then we haven't helped much.

Can someone else look at the map? Isn't Central the next street north of OG on Rock?

Good point, but what other choice does she have really if she doesn't want to admit to murdering him? Leaving him alone the night before was already too risky to report him missing the very next day, but it didn't stop her, so what difference (in her mind) does it make if she's going to report him missing 24 hours after a landlord sees him peeking through a window, especially if she can (poorly) point suspicion in the direction of a couple who were outside smoking "a few days" prior. Technically, the more time that would pass WITHOUT knowing someone had seen him, the more suspicion would be directed at her.

Wouldn't saying he disappeared while she was at Olive Garden been more believable than he disappeared from the house while I was there napping? Can't go with that story if you know the landlord saw him.

I see your point, and that about the couple, but respectfully disagree-- I think you would be MORE inclined to go with that story (that he disappeared while she was at OG) if you knew someone saw him. There was plenty of time for him to disappear in between the LL being there and EG getting home (especially assuming LL had no idea when she got home). Yeah, it's bad to admit that you left your child home alone and he disappeared, but wouldn't it make you look way more suspicious if you know LE is going to find out that he was also abandoned the day before?

Again, maybe giving her too much credit, and perhaps this doesn't have anything to do with his disappearance, but I also think discussing EG's mindset is valuable when considering where he may be now.

I really don’t like asking this, BUT; for the locals—
In my town it’s pretty well known where the drug deals go down, common knowledge and is just known areas to avoid. Believe it or not these places in my town are areas most people wouldn’t even think would be utilized for a / an illegal exchange to happen, ie; places like M—— ald’s, W ——- art. The local grocery store parking lots etc.
I have seen many so much of it I’m continually amazed how brazen and right in front of everything this happens.
My question to the locals—-
Is there a place within a 2 mile radius of LH home where this kind of stuff happens?

A lot of the drug houses are in South Wichita. Some are stupid enough to actually deal right out of the same houses that the drugs are being produced or stored. Other dealers conveniently drive to you to avoid suspicion and traffic at their own personal residence. Others meet in various places around the city; some are surprising places others not so surprising. A two mile radius of the area Emily was dining would not be at all surprising for a lot of activity in general since it's s high-traffic area and a lot of shopping and restaurants etc.

Broadway. North of downtown and south of downtown. Seems to be the biggest and worst known area.
Then you have Oaklawn.
13th and hillside area...
And truthfully most neighborhoods are 1-2 blocks, good, then bam it’s a bad area. It’s kind of peppered throughout the city.

I concur, hotspots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members