Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also very telling that she claims they tell LUCAS to be more careful. He's the little guy in the situation, wouldn't most caring parental figures tell the OLDER kids to be more careful with the littler ones? Or stop "sending him off" if he was getting hurt by them so often? IMO it just goes to further show she puts them blame for things on him and anyone else except herself/her decisions/her actions.

Same thoughts here.

He was in pre-K, right? Do we know if it was public or private? My kids went to private pre-K and nobody called if my kids missed a day or more. But it might be different with public pre-K because they get their funding based largely on attendance.

I do believe it was pre-k. In Kansas pre-k is not mandatory. You don’t “have” to even call them in sick when absent. Whether the school called to check on him is probably largely up to the school unfortunately. Hopefully if he was missing that long a follow up call was made.

Also very telling that she claims they tell LUCAS to be more careful. He's the little guy in the situation, wouldn't most caring parental figures tell the OLDER kids to be more careful with the littler ones? Or stop "sending him off" if he was getting hurt by them so often? IMO it just goes to further show she puts them blame for things on him and anyone else except herself/her decisions/her actions.

Thank you. I was going to say same but went through to make sure someone had not already. I know with our younger kids My 11 year old knows to play gentle with them. He has never been to hard on them. Now them being 6 weeks apart and thinking they are ' Twin cousins ' are always wrestling ( this never results in bruises ) . SO really I myself did not buy EG excuses.

I think this has been her diversion excuses in prior accusations. IMO, if my child were continually getting hurt under someone else's watch I wouldn't be sending my child there anymore. To say that they warned Lucas to be careful is ridiculous! She continued to send him, knowing he was in harms way.

Yes, a normal adult, even one who is not a parent, knows that you tell an older child to be careful with a younger child. Only a narcissist who dislikes or hates the younger child would expect the younger child to protect himself from older children. IMO

I don’t know. I probably missed that, which is why I need a timeline to sort this out in my own brain. That sounds like a compelling reason, though.

I agree. The boys were supposed to come for their visit. She couldn't say he walked out while she napped. Her ex called to cancel Sunday visit when he heard Lucas was missing.

He was in pre-K, right? Do we know if it was public or private? My kids went to private pre-K and nobody called if my kids missed a day or more. But it might be different with public pre-K because they get their funding based largely on attendance.

Public pre-k through wichita usd 259. And while attendance isn’t compulsory until age 7 in KS (age 3 for special needs), once a student is enrolled attendance is expected and truancy can and will be reported. And in the pre-k program if they miss too much they can be removed from the program to allow another child the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops forgot to add this in my previous post
90930faaca299cd23f8e63779b55c88a.jpg

https://www.usd259.org/domain/3743

Public pre-k through wichita usd 259. And while attendance isn’t compulsory until age 7 in KS (age 3 for special needs), once a student is enrolled attendance is expected and truancy can and will be reported. And in the pre-k program if they miss too much they can be removed from the program to allow another child the spot.

That's how it is in my town as well as the old town we lived in in another state. If you are part of their public school system, you not only have to call when their absent, but you must also provide a doctor's note if they are out longer than 2 days. If they are out for three days without a doctor's note, you may be summoned by the superintendent and if they feel your reason isn't valid to be out for any length of time, your child will be taken out of the preschool or PreK class so that another child may take their place.

Children in first grade and up in our town will actually get a failing grade for that term if the parents fail to provide a doctor's note if they are out longer than two days.

Also, if you plan on taking a vacation other than during scheduled school vacations, you now have to have the Superintendent's permission to do so, and they have the right to decline permission, unless it is a death in the family or an emergency.

I know they will be monitoring her jail contact with others (phone conversations etc) but I wish they could get JH or her family to start putting pressure on her. Am I right in thinking that she can just refuse to talk to LE? Why doesn’t JH start demanding answers? I know if it were my child missing I would be?

Worth repeating.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Thanks Flute- I could go on about our Chief and how fair and just he is- not to mention how hard our Cops work.

He left the residence for weeks on end for work. In a completely different state. She had no job and no money of her own to come after him. He wasn't scared of her.
None of those things affect the mentality of a battered spouse, or even a person who is far too concerned about being alone over being safe/happy. He could still easily have been afraid of her.

Just thinking out loud...

Quick update: the FB page for Lucas will be published as soon as the name change is approved. The name we originally chose was too close to several FB groups.

An email account has been setup for anyone who may need assistance checking their property. It’s SearchingForLucas@gmail.com.

FLA and AnaPisces are admins on the FB page.

An updated flyer will also be posted on the new page.

We’re encouraging everyone to use the hashtag #TeamLucas.

(O/T - I’m having some complications from my accident and will be going for testing/lab work this afternoon. I will check in as soon as possible and catch up on missed posts).

Please take care of yourself. I’m not sure how I could possibly help you, but if needed, I am here! #TeamLucas

Is there any documentation that we can research to see if she has had visitors and who?

Thanks.

If someone could put together an updated case timeline with links and confirmed information from our VIs, that would be really helpful.

I wonder what compelled her to report Lucas missing on Saturday night. Was she expected to be somewhere on Sunday with Lucas and knew it would be hard to explain why he wasn’t with her?
The only thing I can speculate is that her bio sons had visitation on Sundays, and she would have to explain where Lucas was when they arrived.

His sister, his brother and his playmate-cousins :(

About the rooms though. I believe it is acceptable for same sex siblings to share a room. Our neighbor was TICKED that she could not get a three bedroom apartment paid for by the state with two daughters with 10 year age difference. The girls were expected to share.

So, one bedroom for each full time kiddo, with another bunk bed set up in Lucas' room for super exciting sleepovers with his big brothers, might be a perfectly acceptable solution for a family like this. If we weren't jaded by the facts of this case.
I'm in a different state, but I had a friend going through a horrible divorce who was pushing for full custody of his kids. IIRC, it was close to as you said, separate rooms for kids of opposite sex; however, I believe if same sex were 10+ years apart, it was separate rooms for the age spilt also. But either way, a 3 bedroom house would meet the requirements for them, as the boys are all close in age.

The only thing I can speculate is that her bio sons had visitation on Sundays, and she would have to explain where Lucas was when they arrived.

My apologies...I should have read ahead and noticed that several people already said this before I replied.

I'm in a different state, but I had a friend going through a horrible divorce who was pushing for full custody of his kids. IIRC, it was close to as you said, separate rooms for kids of opposite sex; however, I believe if same sex were 10+ years apart, it was separate rooms for the age spilt also. But either way, a 3 bedroom house would meet the requirements for them, as the boys are all close in age.

(Interesting. It was hard to sympathize with my neighbor much. Maybe she knew this 10 year rule, but there might only be 9.5 years between hers. That would help me understand why she seemed to feel entitled to that extra bedroom. And I remember a guest bedroom being part of her rant too. The neighbor - well, the neighbor's grown daughter - was complaining that she thought a 4 bedroom apartment was completely reasonable for her and her 2 daughters to have on someone else's dime. I think she's still living at home there.)

I thought this same thing at first. That he must have been due home and she had no choice but to report him missing. There must be some reason why she waited until that late on the Saturday. Even if it was just to get her story straight.

Possible FaceTime/phone call with Dad? Possible problem with absences from school (no doc note) and Monday was coming? Her boys were scheduled for a visit?
I am getting the strong feeling that she had a lot of “catastrophic “ things happen when JH was away working. It makes me veer more towards her needing His full attention- I would assume this pattern is nothing new. She is by herself (insecure), she wants/needs to feel taken care of, she needs his attention. In the release of their DV docs, it was said that one of their arguments began over her “sexual assault “ by a male friend. Was JH not really supporting this victimization theory? It seems some major things “happen” to Emily. Most of it while he is away? She is alone, she is broken, she probably gets herself into situations that start with drug use. Men are probably present ( she seems to need this male attention). Is what happened to Lucas a complete by-product of what SHE was doing Saturday night and someone she was with ? I’m guessing she scored something other than weed while out to OG if she was even there- Grocery Store right there, perfect for drug exchange-
Maybe this has all to do with her extra curricular activities and JH not finding out- After all, all she wants is his attention and for him to be around. For him to care about her. For him to back her up-
Any male she is in a relationship with- stems from childhood- needing to be wanted. She probably lives with a lot of guilt and shame from things she does. Those two things together will lead you down a dark hole - and keep you there.
Just thinking out loud. MOOOOOO

One room for the sweet baby girl, one room for her boys and one room for her and boyfriend. No room for Lucas.

Speaking of her children- I've been praying for the three of them. Praying the baby is in a great foster home, praying that the other children aren't being taunted at school or in their neighborhood by mean kids because of what their mom did. My heart aches for them all. :heartbeat:

Second that. We can’t forget what this situation will do to her other children, now, and 10-20 years from now.

Thanks Flute- I could go on about our Chief and how fair and just he is- not to mention how hard our Cops work.

Indeed. They care

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads