Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Interesting. It was hard to sympathize with my neighbor much. Maybe she knew this 10 year rule, but there might only be 9.5 years between hers. That would help me understand why she seemed to feel entitled to that extra bedroom. And I remember a guest bedroom being part of her rant too. The neighbor - well, the neighbor's grown daughter - was complaining that she thought a 4 bedroom apartment was completely reasonable for her and her 2 daughters to have on someone else's dime. I think she's still living at home there.)
There are plenty who abuse the system, for sure. Disappointing, because it makes it harder for the honest people to get by.

Just thinking out loud...

I must be missing something. Who said that the cops didn't care or were lazy? Who said anything negative about the Chief? I see a bunch of posts defending them, but I don't see any posts with negativity towards them, unless they are deleted?

I didn't find the phrase "sending off" to play all that odd. But it immediately struck me as odd that she said they kept telling him to be careful since he was playing with bigger boys. I would expect that the bigger boys would have been repeatedly told to be careful and not hurt a little boy. And if they wouldn't stop hurting him then he'd not be sent off to play with them.
I think "sending the kids off" is a pretty common phrase, I agree. It is odd to tell him to be careful...but I do know I have to tell the 2 year old to be careful because she's much more daring than the older one, and will always try to do things the older kids are doing, and she's just not big enough to do them yet. I keep a close eye on them, but it's consistently reminding her to not hurt herself because she is too fearless for her little size. But, the older kids are never so rough with her that they are inflicting injuries, as EG claimed happened. Around here, the little one is usually the one bruising the big kids. [emoji51][emoji38]

Oh my, I had never thought of that. She had texted him that she was going to Olive Garden with just the baby, and left Lucas alone, and she thought perhaps the caseworker was called by him?

I don't think it's established yet whether she told him she was only taking the baby or if he assumed she'd be taking both children.

Speaking of her children- I've been praying for the three of them. Praying the baby is in a great foster home, praying that the other children aren't being taunted at school or in their neighborhood by mean kids because of what their mom did. My heart aches for them all. [emoji813]beat:

Yes, so sad. There are 3 other innocent children in this situation, who have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Innocence lost. I hope they have someone who will be helping them get the ongoing therapy, or other resources, they need to live life the best they can.

Oh my, I had never thought of that. She had texted him that she was going to Olive Garden with just the baby, and left Lucas alone, and she thought perhaps the caseworker was called by him?
Being that we've seen MSM reports that JH is defending/supporting EG even now, I don't think she would be concerned he would report her to anyone. I speculate she knew him well enough to know he wouldn't do that.

I kinda thought EG was alluding to Lucas trying to keep up with the older kids play and maybe doing things he was just too small for, climbing and stuff, jumping off the sofa or off a wall, rather than implying older children were hurting him?

Either way I think she's just trying to claim that the bruises came from childhood accidents rather than her causing them, and from what the relatives have said, I am not convinced that was the only cause of his bruises.

Hi leyash, I don't think you would have to have addresses. You should check with postal service about mass mailings. They charge you a fee and then deposit your flier in all of the mail boxes in a certain area.

I run a marketing business. I have stamps and envelopes galore, and I just take them all to the local post office and drop them in the drop box.

If I had specific addresses for these really rural houses, I could just slap it all together and mail it to them.

I’m pretty far behind- left off with PB being electrocuted- praying everything is okay! Anything new ?! I wouldn’t mind a quick summary if anyone has the time - currently getting ready to do my school pick up rounds and get the children ready for their practices. Thanks in advance 😉

I've been unable to be here for most of the past two days, so I am hopelessly behind. I just wanted to say how heartwarming it is to check in and see that the loving care you are all giving to Lucas is still going strong.
I feel so blessed to be among you all. It's so hard to have faith in humanity these days, until I come here and am with you all. You all make life better for not only the families that need us, but also so many of 'us' here.
Thanks so much.
(Off to try to catch up!)

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/St...pear-in-court-Monday-afternoon-475174883.html

Something that has always bothered me in this part of her interview:

"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Why would she want or need to "send him off"? Who says that about a child? To me, it indicates that she couldn't handle him being around, that she had to send him away or else......
That bothered me too. That whole interview bothered me.

Quick update: the FB page for Lucas will be published as soon as the name change is approved. The name we originally chose was too close to several FB groups.

An email account has been setup for anyone who may need assistance checking their property. It’s SearchingForLucas@gmail.com.

FLA and AnaPisces are admins on the FB page.

An updated flyer will also be posted on the new page.

We’re encouraging everyone to use the hashtag #TeamLucas.

(O/T - I’m having some complications from my accident and will be going for testing/lab work this afternoon. I will check in as soon as possible and catch up on missed posts).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your in my thoughts and prayers :heartbeat: I pray that Lucas is found soon

I have no other good words... I'm so deflated thinking about all of this. But, seeing little Lucas' face is such a pick-me-up. What a cutie.

Power on!

Where are you Lucas? :candle:

I don't believe there was school Feb 19 and 20 due to Presidents Day and in service workday.

EG's comment of she was always telling Lucas to be careful didn't bother me. Growing up my cousins lived on a farm and my older brother and I would go there quite often, I was always getting hurt simply because they played rough, were older, and I wanted to keep up with them. My mom always told me to be careful when we would head to the farm. If my mom would of said I am not letting you go because your always getting hurt, I would of thrown a fit. I loved going there, had a lot of fun and wouldn't of wanted to be left out.

I know they will be monitoring her jail contact with others (phone conversations etc) but I wish they could get JH or her family to start putting pressure on her. Am I right in thinking that she can just refuse to talk to LE? Why doesn’t JH start demanding answers? I know if it were my child missing I would be?
I respectfully disagree. I think all family and JH need to totally cut contact. She seems to like attention. She likes to talk. If they cut contact, I think she'll turn to either inmates or LE to talk to. Whether she tells the truth or not is a different story, though.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

I respectfully disagree. I think all family and JH need to totally cut contact. She seems to like attention. She likes to talk. If they cut contact, I think she'll turn to either inmates or LE to talk to. Whether she tells the truth or not is a different story, though.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
Thank you for your insight and :praying: for you and Lucas and all who love and miss him.

Michaela on HLN just said the Lucas Warriors will be up after the commercial break!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025