Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please remind me about the cat? When was the cat surrendered? (I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I cannot find it now)

Can someone please remind me about the cat? When was the cat surrendered? (I'm sure it's in here somewhere but I cannot find it now)

I believe that was the 12th, but that was so many threads back I could be mistaken.

Scully the cat was taken in on the 12th, released to someone on the 13th.

Thanks. If someone could put together an updated case timeline with links and confirmed information from our VIs, that would be really helpful. I wonder what compelled her to report Lucas missing on Saturday night. Was she expected to be somewhere on Sunday with Lucas and knew it would be hard to explain why he wasn’t with her?
Other posters have already mentioned the upcoming Sunday visit by her 2 oldest children. I wonder if Lucas' illness, previously discussed in earlier threads and confirmed by our VIs (IIRC), caused him to be absent from school. If he was absent, did he miss enough that would result in school officials checking up on him, or requiring a doctor's note for him to be able to return? This is just speculation on my part.

Other posters have already mentioned the upcoming Sunday visit by her 2 oldest children. I wonder if Lucas' illness, previously discussed in earlier threads and confirmed by our VIs (IIRC), caused him to be absent from school. If he was absent, did he miss enough that would result in school officials checking up on him, or requiring a doctor's note for him to be able to return? This is just speculation on my part.

That's a good point about schools generally requiring a doctor's excuse for extended absences these days.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/St...pear-in-court-Monday-afternoon-475174883.html

Something that has always bothered me in this part of her interview:

"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Why would she want or need to "send him off"? Who says that about a child? To me, it indicates that she couldn't handle him being around, that she had to send him away or else......

Yes, but that was only after Lucas was reported missing. Him going missing was the reason for asking to cancel/postpone the visitation.

Yes. This is what I was saying. If you read my prior posts it would be better understood.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/St...pear-in-court-Monday-afternoon-475174883.html

"A majority of the time when he had gotten hurt and ended up with bruises, he wasn't under my care because I would send him off with my cousins and there's older boys there and he's a very little, small boy and he could get hurt easily and when he's playing with older boys who are like 10 years old, even though we'd say hey Lucas be careful. We had to tell him all the time you know, be careful," she said.

Why would she want or need to "send him off"? Who says that about a child? To me, it indicates that she couldn't handle him being around, that she had to send him away or else......

Also very telling that she claims they tell LUCAS to be more careful. He's the little guy in the situation, wouldn't most caring parental figures tell the OLDER kids to be more careful with the littler ones? Or stop "sending him off" if he was getting hurt by them so often? IMO it just goes to further show she puts them blame for things on him and anyone else except herself/her decisions/her actions.

I think this has been her diversion excuses in prior accusations. IMO, if my child were continually getting hurt under someone else's watch I wouldn't be sending my child there anymore. To say that they warned Lucas to be careful is ridiculous! She continued to send him, knowing he was in harms way.

One room for the sweet baby girl, one room for her boys and one room for her and boyfriend. No room for Lucas.

Speaking of her children- I've been praying for the three of them. Praying the baby is in a great foster home, praying that the other children aren't being taunted at school or in their neighborhood by mean kids because of what their mom did. My heart aches for them all. :heartbeat:

I hope other children are not being mean. I do know children can be cruel . I truly hope other children do not even realize the connection .

Something I've been pondering...

WE now know it was the LL that stopped by and saw LH peeking through the window.

What if EG thought it was a case-worker coming to check out the house in consideration of her requesting more time with the boys?

LH may not have known who it was that stopped by and subsequently saw him possibly home alone. He may have just mentioned a man/woman came by and had seen him.

In her mind, this would have been a MUCH worse scenario. Causing her to project blame for losing her boys onto sweet little LH. I could see this setting her off.

Oh my, I had never thought of that. She had texted him that she was going to Olive Garden with just the baby, and left Lucas alone, and she thought perhaps the caseworker was called by him?

Right? I mean, otherwise, she could have waited for days and days to report him missing. Although she doesn't strike me as the stay indoors and bake cookies type. She probably had places to be and people to see and that would have eventually led to someone wondering where Lucas was.

Not to mention, the school would be calling to check up on Lucas as well, seeing that he was already out of school for several days prior to him going missing.

I don’t know. I probably missed that, which is why I need a timeline to sort this out in my own brain. That sounds like a compelling reason, though.

They were supposed to come that Sunday. Her ex called her to reschedule the visit due to Lucas being missing.

I didn't find the phrase "sending off" to play all that odd. But it immediately struck me as odd that she said they kept telling him to be careful since he was playing with bigger boys. I would expect that the bigger boys would have been repeatedly told to be careful and not hurt a little boy. And if they wouldn't stop hurting him then he'd not be sent off to play with them.

Not to mention, the school would be calling to check up on Lucas as well, seeing that he was already out of school for several days prior to him going missing.

He was in pre-K, right? Do we know if it was public or private? My kids went to private pre-K and nobody called if my kids missed a day or more. But it might be different with public pre-K because they get their funding based largely on attendance.

He was in pre-K, right? Do we know if it was public or private? My kids went to private pre-K and nobody called if my kids missed a day or more. But it might be different with public pre-K because they get their funding based largely on attendance.

Also someone had asked if he had had measles vaccination since there has been an outbreak. Do kids need to show vaccination records to get into preschool?

Yes! In that same quote she would send him, but "we would tell him be careful". So is he sent away or is she there telling him to be careful? That's rhetorical, obviously she's being deceptive. I do believe her that she sent him away...even a majority of the time.

Also someone had asked if he had had measles vaccination since there has been an outbreak. Do kids need to show vaccination records to get into preschool?

Yes, typically, but there are always ways to get exemptions. Usually, if there is a documented medical reason that the child needs to have a certain vaccination delayed, then the child's doctor can provide that documentation to the school. I don't know if Lucas had any chronic health problems that would have warranted delaying any of his vaccinations. He was born with a cleft palate/lip, but I assume that was basically resolved and not an ongoing danger to his immune system or something.

Oh my, I had never thought of that. She had texted him that she was going to Olive Garden with just the baby, and left Lucas alone, and she thought perhaps the caseworker was called by him?

I don’t recall her texting that she was going with just the baby, just that she was going, after she smoked a couple bowls in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018