Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Feb. 17, the Saturday that the stepmother reported Lucas missing, the weather was fairly nice, Tiflati recalled. His children were in their backyard that day, and he and his wife were outside from time to time working on a dining room table. They can see into the backyard of the house where Lucas had moved. They never saw anyone in the back yard next door that Saturday.*

Has anyone seen this before? I can't believe I missed this part of the article but this is the first time I have read this part. Has this been talked about? So the neighbor's were outside all day and never seen Lucas come out the back door. This may be the reasoning behind the police saying that Lucas didn't just walk out. An eyewitness to the time frame given by EG? Also, I think that if the neighbors kids were playing outside having fun, surely Lucas would habe wandered over there to play? This would also debunk the kidnapping theory.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

BBM
I don't think it was premeditated either which is one of the main reasons (at this point) I think he is nearby. She had to be in a panic as far as what to do.

I can't imagine being able to do that. I can understand being scared you'd get in trouble or lose your kids. It's actually leaving a child's body somewhere and then not telling where.... I can't imagine.

I've hard a far more difficult time with guilty and grief over my inability to save a KITTEN. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I was responsible for the disappearance/death of a child. No matter who's child it was.

http://www.kake.com/story/37741815/no-sign-of-lucas-hernandez-nearly-a-month-after-disappearance

"WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

Where is Lucas Hernandez? It's a question burning in the hearts and minds of many in the Wichita community and across the nation.

After tireless efforts from police and volunteers, the 5-year-old Wichita boy is no closer to being found. Saturday marks a month since he was reported missing."

"He has become Wichita's son and we've got to bring him home,"..."

("No closer to being found? Possibly subjective, imo, as who knows what's going on behind the scenes and what LE has learned thus far, moo)

I agree that "no closer to being found" is not correct.
They have eliminated many areas that he is NOT. By default, that means they are closer to finding out where he IS. Even if they aren't geographically close, they are eliminating areas, which is still progress.

Feb. 17, the Saturday that the stepmother reported Lucas missing, the weather was fairly nice, Tiflati recalled. His children were in their backyard that day, and he and his wife were outside from time to time working on a dining room table. They can see into the backyard of the house where Lucas had moved. They never saw anyone in the back yard next door that Saturday.

Has anyone seen this before? I can't believe I missed this part of the article but this is the first time I have read this part. Has this been talked about? So the neighbor's were outside all day and never seen Lucas come out the back door. This may be the reasoning behind the police saying that Lucas didn't just walk out. An eyewitness to the time frame given by EG? Also, I think that if the neighbors kids were playing outside having fun, surely Lucas would habe wandered over there to play? This would also debunk the kidnapping theory.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.com/news/local/article201763589.html

They weren’t outside the whole day. My impression is that they were in and out working on a project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not questioning or commenting as a VI here...I simply have a legal question.

What if she got home from OG and LH said something like, “Mr. X knocked on the door while you were gone. He waved at me.”...What if this angered EG because she was afraid the LL would know she’d left LH home alone...What if she lashed out at him, hit him, knocked him unconscious and he died shortly thereafter. Would that be considered an impulsive killing with malice aforethought?

That’s hard to say because it would require EG to admit to it. The normal thought pattern would be to most people you can hit a child hard in anger because you will hurt them. But if you were raised that way, if your discipline has included physical punishment and you have never knowingly broken a bone in the process with that child, then what would make this time different? Well if we find Lucas and we can tell what happened that’s one thing. But child abuse cases can be tricky, the longer this drags on, the less certain we can be about proving what did happen, and what didn’t. The gamble EG takes is not being able to say it was accidental and getting charged with first degree murder. The gamble the state has is charging her without a body. In Wichita we have had several cases with very different, extreme outcomes. I’m only speculating obviously because I’m not involved in the CPS side anymore, but escalating abuse can be documented thru photos of course, but every time Lucas has been physically discipline and lived, makes EG more comfortable that she can abuse him without major injury. As far as I know, there has been no broken bones, only bruising. BUT, soft tissue bruising on the skin is visible, bruising of internal organs is not. That’s what troubles me about the reports he was sick prior to his disappearance. What was sick with or was it he was just bruised and the school is a mandated reporter? I would guess getting a call from your LL like that would make her angry if that is what happened. Unfortunately, EG’s and LH’s luck run out this time, and Lucas was either weakened from being sick, or had internal damage that couldn’t be seen that made this last beating fatal. He could have hit his head, passed out in the bathtub. All EG would have to say, which would require her to confess of course, is that she had been discipline Lucas physically for an extended period of time, he never died before so how could she know he would this time? It’s disgusting, but effective.

Absolutely heartbreaking to think about but I could see that happening.

Yep I agree and reason being is because of something similar with my cousins son. Before I go into this I want to be absolutely clear this situation is not it all abusive it was a matter of disappointment/frustration. My cousins son he Is about to turn 4 years old and is in the potty training stage. For the longest time he was scared to death of pooping on the potty and would request a pull-up when he had to poop. Her mom told her that When she had him she wasn’t going to enforce him to poop on the potty like they do at home because she wanted to be able to enjoy her last couple months with him bc come fall he starts pre-school. My cousin and her husband are both teachers so come Summer they’ll be off and Grandma won’t have the kids. She wanted to just be the Grandma. The one day he ask for the pull up so she puts it on him and then he poops in it. Later on when his parents got home he tells Daddy he pooped in the pull up. His dad was disappointed so he goes and tells Mommy as he’s crying that Daddy was mad at him. She tells him honey you don’t worry about Daddy. Like in other words it’s ok and don’t worry about anything. Well last weekend when I was babysitting him and his siblings he went right on his own and pooped the potty. He was so damn happy and could not wait to tell Daddy about it bc he knew Daddy would be happy with him.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. Kansas statute 21-5402 states that 1st-degree murder can be charged if someone commits or attempts to commit child abuse and the child dies as a result:

Universal Citation: KS Stat § 21-5402 (2017)
21-5402. Murder in the first degree. (a) Murder in the first degree is the killing of a human being committed:

(2) in the commission of, attempt to commit, or flight from any inherently dangerous felony.
(c) As used in this section, an "inherently dangerous felony" means:
(G) abuse of a child, as defined in K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 21-5602, and amendments thereto;

K.S.A. 2017 Supp. 21-5602 cites:

21-5602. Abuse of a child. (a) Abuse of a child is knowingly:

(1) Torturing or cruelly beating any child under the age of 18 years;

(2) shaking any child under the age of 18 years which results in great bodily harm to the child; or

(3) inflicting cruel and inhuman corporal punishment upon any child under the age of 18 years.

(b) Abuse of a child is a severity level 5, person felony.

(c) A person who violates the provisions of this section may also be prosecuted for, convicted of, and punished for any form of battery or homicide.

First-degree murder is punished by 25 to 50 years to life.

So it looks like Glass is screwed if the DA can prove she abused Lucas to the point of death, regardless of what she may claim happened. Certainly she can be offered a plea bargain on a lesser charge. Second-degree murder includes:

21-5403. Murder in the second degree. (a) Murder in the second degree is the killing of a human being committed:

(1) Intentionally; or

(2) unintentionally but recklessly under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

The punishment is 9-41 years years if unintentional and 12.5 - 54 years if intentional.

http://www.ksrevisor.org/statutes/chapters/ch21/021_054_0002.html
http://www.kslegislature.net/li_201..._article/021_056_0002_section/021_056_0002_k/
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/kansas-law/kansas-second-degree-murder.html

IMO as a layperson I don't think Glass will skate on manslaughter. MOO.

Unfortunately we had a case last year where an abused toddler ended up dead in a field. By the time they found the body, they couldn’t determine why she died and the person who killed her got charged only with abuse of a corpse and got probation. It’s always going to be down to what can be proven in court. Past abuse may or may not be admissible, it just depends on the strategy and the case. I just know how many times our hands were tied if we couldn’t prove something in court. Knowing what happened and proving it are two totally different things.

Unfortunately we had a case last year where an abused toddler ended up dead in a field. By the time they found the body, they couldn’t determine why she died and the person who killed her got charged only with abuse of a corpse and got probation. It’s always going to be down to what can be proven in court. Past abuse may or may not be admissible, it just depends on the strategy and the case. I just know how many times our hands were tied if we couldn’t prove something in court. Knowing what happened and proving it are two totally different things.

Hey, stop raining on my parade. ;) But yes, proving the case may be a difficult task. We've seen cases here where the guilty got away with minimal punishment so it's certainly possible it'll happen in Lucas' case too but I'm crossing my fingers that LE has enough evidence to prevent her from walking away scott free. IMO a lot will depend on whether or not Lucas is found, and if he is what the ME will find, and how good the DA is.

Hopefully the prior reports to CPS and the photos from the relatives will provide some evidence of abuse. And with luck Glass will paint herself into a corner by talking too much. She seems to have a need to "tell her side" of the story, which may be her undoing.

No. Tim explained to me why they aren’t announcing it. His reasoning made sense.

O/T - Tim is one of the most unpretentious men I’ve ever encountered. He’s down to earth, tells you what’s on his mind, and doesn’t play games. I’m so impressed with him and his team.

I know that one reason they don't like to divulge that info is because if she has an accomplice, they can move evidence or remains to an area that has been marked off as 'searched.'

Hey, stop raining on my parade. ;) But yes, proving the case may be a difficult task. We've seen cases here where the guilty got away with minimal punishment so it's certainly possible it'll happen in Lucas' case too but I'm crossing my fingers that LE has enough evidence to prevent her from walking away scott free. IMO a lot will depend on whether or not Lucas is found, and if he is what the ME will find, and how good the DA is.

Hopefully the prior reports to CPS and the photos from the relatives will provide some evidence of abuse. And with luck Glass will paint herself into a corner by talking too much. She seems to have a need to "tell her side" of the story, which may be her undoing.

Hahahaha!! Okay I will let you have this one! I think I may be slightly jaded here [emoji849]. Hind sight is always 20/20 of course too. I honestly steer clear of stories like this, have for years because it’s too hard. I completely missed that I knew someone dealing with a missing family member (Evan Brewer case here in Wichita) because of my frustration with a system I know is broken and can’t fix. I need to be reminded sometimes that hope is what can make the difference between sleeping well at night and not.....as it’s 2:20 am and I’m still up. Researching past child abuse cases before bed probably isn’t doing me any favors either.

What it might come down to is dancing with the devil to bring Lucas home. But there is an amazing group of people here, in Wichita, and with the names of Texas Equusearch who are going to our best to keep that from happening.

I wonder if EG followed or looked up prior cases involving abuse of children resulting in death. It would be interesting to see what's on her computer. I'm sure LE is checking that out.

I might have missed but was the 5:53 call pinged at OG? LE must have an idea on who she was talking to. The timeline from when the LL saw Lucas at 5:30 and EG either gets or makes a call at 5:53?

I might have missed but was the 5:53 call pinged at OG? LE must have an idea on who she was talking to. The timeline from when the LL saw Lucas at 5:30 and EG either gets or makes a call at 5:53?

There were two calls on the 16th - 4:53 and 5:43. The affidavit said the calls were made from the area of Central and Rock, which is 0.2 miles from OG. LE probably does know who she was talking to from the phone logs but the affidavit doesn't say who.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nxs-ksnwtv-... Child Case_1520964691832_36986193_ver1.0.pdf

Ok, I missed some of thread 12 and the start of 13 because it's the craziest time of the year at the office. But, first I have to say that I cannot fathom how FLA and family are feeling. Seeing PB's post about Lucas being seen by the landlord made me want to throw up. I cannot remember the last time I felt so bad. That poor child!!

And next...this seems crazy, but follow along....most lies have a half truth. What if EG doesn't know where Lucas went? How many parents, even good ones, use a little fear to teach a lesson when your kid doesn't do what you've taught them? There's a fair chance Lucas didn't know their landlord. He hadn't lived their long. What if he opened the door when the landlord came by, but said EG was napping, so the LL asked him tell her a message.
EG gets home, and Lucas says, "The LL was here, and said to tell you x, y, and z." And EG says something like, "You know not to open the door to a stranger, something bad could happen to you." Then to *teach him a lesson* she makes him open the door for something, and someone grabs him. This someone being the "helper" we've all thought existed. This person is supposed to take him for a little bit and bring him back, just to scare him. But something goes wrong, and he dies in the helper's custody. It would resolve the reason why EG doesn't rat out the other party...she asked them to do this, and they won't rat her out because a child died on their watch, and that wasn't the plan at all.

Yes, far fetched maybe, but I feel like it fits what we know, and the timeline.

Just thinking out loud...

As always praying today is the day Lucas is found. Thanks so much to PB and FLA. My heart goes out to you. And big hugs to everyone who is searching.
Lucas:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

You know I just had another thought maybe he slipped up and said “Mr. xxxxxx stopped by but I didn’t answer the door like you said” and Emily says to him “ if you didn’t answer the door and how do you know he was there” and then Lucas says “ I saw him outside” and then Emily just freaking lost it on him and freaked out because she was worried that he saw or found out Lucas was alone. It would make sense if it happened this way because Lucas could’ve been trying to prove to her that he was a good boy to make her proud of him but unknowingly it on accident slipped up because he’s a kid and didn’t know then she flipped out. His thought process may have been if Emily knows I’m good and listened to her then maybe she won’t hurt me anymore.

That's what I was thinking

Finally caught up again. This thread moves so fast because of all you amazingly dedicated folks. My heart goes out to FLA and family and I just hope and pray today is the day Lucas is found. :heartbeat:

It's also possible E.G. doesn't know where Lucas was placed but as time goes on I tend to think she does. In the long run she left him home alone. He was seen in a window (unknown to us which room but sure LE knows) by the LL.
This says a lot and definitely tightens down the timeline to those crucial hours of darkness that followed. She showed him her angry face all the time I am sure. I can't imagine what he saw in her cruel eyes that last time :(.
In those hours she could've driven a long way. I'm thinking towards Andover and maybe as far as El Dorado. Maybe some significance to her in that area. I also think this was premeditated. It only takes a moment.
I'm a very forgiving person and try to see all sides. I can't see anything that indicates E.G. is gonna break or talk any more than CA did. Can any of us begin to fathom her actions and her continued silence? She has a soul but it is a very sick one.
:moo:

I have huge respect for Civil Air Patrol. I made contact with CAP last fall when my aunt was missing/Silver Alert. CAP was going to do S&R since the counties didn't have the resources. They are a super valuable resource.

Sadly until the last hurricane down there I didn’t know much about CAP. For years I thought it was a pilots club that they think they’re cool and wear flight suits. Lol. True story. Haha. I’m happy to report I now know the difference and have the upmost respect for these men and women.

Still undisclosed. And volunteers had to sign non disclosure agreements
Oh really! I had no idea. Then I won't try to find a workaround to that, and instead continue on the same track. Thanks for the heads up about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966