Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for mods are any pictures of Lucas ok to post even if they are before EG came into the picture? I know several have been posted that did not come from EG's facebook so am confused a bit on what can and can't be posted and don't want to break and TOS.

ETA: Nevermind, I went back and read Mod alerts at beginning of thread if you can't link where you got the pic from you can't post.

I’m still searching for the article. I know I read it in msm. I wonder if it was just a mention in another article, or one of those tidbits that got edited out in updates *frustrated*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am simply guessing, but after looking at everyone involved and the craziness of the accusations, the likelihood the people who were supposed to be parenting obviously failed, the judge may simply decided to keep her in a safe place for the time being. At least I hope so.

Makes you wonder if Lucas took away the attention that baby girl needed and EG couldn't stand that. EG probably wanted it to be just her, JH and the baby. imo

Hi guys! I was gone all day and am still catching up but I wanted to chime in on Jewels' excellent comment. Way, way back I did some work with "families at risk" and during the training period I picked up a book on child abuse from the library - written in the 1950's no less! - and one chapter talked about reasons why a parent abuses a child. This was in reference to why sometimes it's only one child while the others are left alone but applies generally too.

It's been a long time and the book didn't cover some of the more contemporary reasons we see today but a couple of points have stuck in my mind all these years. One was that sometimes a child physically resembles a person the abuser is angry at (often a spouse but it holds for other circumstances too IMO) and the abuser takes out anger on him/her.

The other, which I think is quite relevant today, is that people, mostly women, have the wrong idea that having a child creates a little person who depends upon them and will give them unconditional love. I think of it as "reverse parenting." With this kind of attitude it doesn't take much for the abuser to get angry when the child appears to reject them (colicky crying for example) or isn't "grateful" enough. It stems from an unrealistic view of children, coming from a self-centered notion that doesn't take into account all the (sometimes thankless) work needed to raise a child.

I'm not sure either applies to EG but it's interesting how many "reasons" people have for hurting innocent little kids. And frankly, I don't give a flying flip why EG couldn't treat Lucas with love and respect but at the same time my inquiring mind always wonders what abusers say to themselves that makes it okay to mistreat kids and Lucas' case is no exception.

Anyway, back to catching up - I just wanted to spew for a minute, lol. I love y'all! :grouphug:

As time continues to pass is it more likely that Lucas will be found further out than the initial search range? We've discussed this many times, especially about confusion being caused by possible crossing of county lines.
Seems this latest search today has yet to yield anything. Leaving so many desperate for news.:heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
:moo:

Its been so long with no answers to the many questions we all have. So for the last few hours I've tried to consider other possibilities. What other things could have happened to poor Lucas, if not at the hands of EG?? Not coming up with much....

The other thing that troubles me is, why did TXES leave the second time? They stated in the beginning that they would stay until Lucas was found, as long as LE wanted them (paraphrasing), then they left for a break in another case and then came back to KS to search for Lucas. But then they left again. I know they trained locals. I know they said they would come back if there were new leads... it just seems odd ( in my nonprofessional mind ) that they left. Makes me think possibly LE knows a heck of a lot more than we think??
Just my ramblings... so frustrating.

I agree. But, wasn't her bond not lowered because the judge determined she might be a flight risk? That's what I don't get.

My Dad was a defense attorney. I used to work in his law firm. The attorney and prosecutors and even judges have lots of behind the scenes, off the record, types of conversations. It is how the 'sausage gets made', as they say. When they discuss Plea Deals or Bail amounts, they get far afield and it is not always by the book, exactly. It is a negotiation and so many factors come into play.

What a judge says publicly on the bench, is not always totally aligned with his reasons expressed behind the scenes with the participants. There are often things that are discussed but not allowed to be revealed in the trial, or to the public, or to the jury pool. So they say a blanket statement like ' flight risk' because if they bring up a subject like child custody arrangements, it is like :worms:

You are absolutely correct about the behind the scenes happenings between lawyers and judges. I know a lot of lawyers, defense and prosecutors, as well as judges who often get together to play golf and share meals etc.
That's where most of the action occurs in my experience.

You are absolutely correct about the behind the scenes happenings between lawyers and judges. I know a lot of lawyers, defense and prosecutors, as well as judges who often get together to play golf and share meals etc.
That's where most of the action occurs in my experience.

Yep. My father was a very renowned defense attorney and he fought hard with the prosecutors and even the judges at times. You'd think they hated each other. But they did often share steak dinners after a long trial. Or go out for a drink and discuss the outcome.

My father was often called on personally, by a prosecutor or a judge, to take on the case of their child or grandchild. These same people that he argued with angrily, in court, would send their son to him if they needed legal help. :wink:

In essence, they are all working together to make the legal system work.

Just ordered a pizza and they have Lucas fliers on all of the boxes!!

If there are any locals reading, would someone kindly order a pizza from Papa John's and tell me if it arrived with the flyer on top? TIA :blowkiss:

I’m behind... one arrived on my pizza!

I’m behind... one arrived on my pizza!

This is wonderful. No word back from the Kansas farm radio people. I’m trying them again. Sigh.

Going to bed with a smile on my face about the pizza boxes. ;) Praying, hoping and wishing for more movement on this case soon. :candle:

6dfcf0b8d091885811961ec963034b5b.jpg

Here it is!!

The delivery driver was misinformed though.. he told my sister that the family asked WPD shut down the investigation. [emoji19]

Yes I did notice she kept talking so she wasn't committed to getting out of the interview but rather what was being said at that moment. Another thing that caught my attention was when she said "me and dad are worried sick." What did you think about that?

I think that quote by her about me and dad is pretty normal verbiage when you have been together for awhile and children are present. For Ex: I will say to my kids “Dad and I need your help today”, or “Dad and I are worried about your grades. Now, what I DO find interesting about it, is that she says “please say something, cuz me and dad are worried sick”. As though she is talking TO the child, not pleading for a stranger to say something about the child’s whereabouts. THAT is weird. Is that what you were thinking?

I think that quote by her about me and dad is pretty normal verbiage when you have been together for awhile and children are present. For Ex: I will say to my kids “Dad and I need your help today”, or “Dad and I are worried about your grades. Now, what I DO find interesting about it, is that she says “please say something, cuz me and dad are worried sick”. As though she is talking TO the child, not pleading for a stranger to say something about the child’s whereabouts. THAT is weird. Is that what you were thinking?

I agree , it was like she was talking to Lucas , instead of pleading to the public

She noted a visit with her two sons on July 8 at Chisholm Creek Park near 29th and Woodlawn – where on Friday police returned to do a grid search for Lucas after combing the park on two consecutive days earlier this week.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

To me, that’s a calculated move, not just searching because she was there in July. What is the missing piece here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member