Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas is the first case I've followed from the beginning. To those of you that have been bravely doing this for awhile, I have a question. Providing LE currently has enough evidence to charge her with Lucas's disappearance without his body, how long will they sit on the evidence before they charge her? Or do you think LE & the DA will offer her some type of plea deal just to recover his body? And if they will offer a plea, how much longer (without his body) before they do so? I know cases differ greatly from one another but based on previous, similar situations & your opinion, how will this play out?

These are good questions that I don't think I can answer but someone with more knowledge will chime in soon I'm sure.
:moo: :blushing:

Lucas is the first case I've followed from the beginning. To those of you that have been bravely doing this for awhile, I have a question. Providing LE currently has enough evidence to charge her with Lucas's disappearance without his body, how long will they sit on the evidence before they charge her? Or do you think LE & the DA will offer her some type of plea deal just to recover his body? And if they will offer a plea, how much longer (without his body) before they do so? I know cases differ greatly from one another but based on previous, similar situations & your opinion, how will this play out?

I think it is way to early in the case of missing Lucas to say if any of the things you mention will happen. So much depends on evidence and so much more. I would hate to even take a wild guess. jmo

My heart breaks a little more with each day Lucas is missing. People are looking for you sweetpea. We haven't forgotten you

If there are any locals reading, would someone kindly order a pizza from Papa John's and tell me if it arrived with the flyer on top? TIA :blowkiss:

Yes I did notice she kept talking so she wasn't committed to getting out of the interview but rather what was being said at that moment. Another thing that caught my attention was when she said "me and dad are worried sick." What did you think about that?

It says to me that she's aware that JH is worried about his son, and she's tacking herself onto this, possibly because she spent 3 days with JH prior to her arrest and during that time she had to act as if she was worried for Lucas? I think the phrase is something she thinks someone with a missing child ought to say. EG chooses to not expand on it with examples of how they're worried sick, so it seems a rather surface thing for her.

Reviewing the transcript again, so much of it is about the abuse allegations, and she's making it that way.

The interviewer tries twice to broach Lucas' disappearance. The first time EG brings up the two strangers. The second time she says she has ideas but then says she really shouldn't have spoken to the interviewer and she has to go. (But the interviewer does manage to keep EG talking and EG goes back to talking about the abuse allegations.

I think EG feels on safer ground when talking about the abuse, maybe because she's had so long with these allegations being a part of her life and so long to 'make up' defense stories for herself, so they're a lot easier to talk about. Talking about the abuse allegations also keeps the interviewer asking questions on that subject, so it keeps EG from having to talk about Lucas being 'missing'.

In this regard she's the opposite of JH who didn't want to talk about the abuse allegations, he said that Lucas being missing should be the current focus. EG doesn't want to talk about Lucas' disappearance, she prefers to talk about the abuse allegations.

O/T, I just came across this awful case of a little girl, Marissa, beaten and murdered by her stepfather and mother:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...s-ME-Killed-by-mother-amp-stepfather-02-25-18

In her case, the mother has been ordered for a mental evaluation.

Any talk of that happening here with EG? Sorry if I've missed this.

I can't answer your question, but I just have to say that this case is absolutely horrifying. This, in particular, made me think of little Lucas:

"Police say the child had multiple bruises on her head, stomach, legs and knees."

From this article: https://www.necn.com/news/new-engla...arges-Details-Police-Affidavit-475299463.html

Also: "The Chief Medical Examiner ruled Kennedy's cause of death as Battered Child Syndrome..."

:mad:

How did EG end up watching Lucas full time anyway? I get his father was out of state working a lot. But where was his mother? Is there a reason he wasn't living with her when JH was out of town? I'm sure this must have been addressed somewhere but I missed it.

I apologize if it's not a question I'm allowed to ask either. I know his mom isn't a suspect. But I'm just wondering if there is a reason he was left alone for weeks with an adult who had no biological connection and no legal responsibilities to him at all. How does a child get to be watched alone for weeks by an adult who can't see their own children unsupervised instead of being with his own mother?

I'm so glad you posted this as I have been wondering the very same thing. Was Child Services even aware of who was taking care of Lucas,
FGS?

It says to me that she's aware that JH is worried about his son, and she's tacking herself onto this, possibly because she spent 3 days with JH prior to her arrest and during that time she had to act as if she was worried for Lucas? I think the phrase is something she thinks someone with a missing child ought to say. EG chooses to not expand on it with examples of how they're worried sick, so it seems a rather surface thing for her.

Reviewing the transcript again, so much of it is about the abuse allegations, and she's making it that way.

The interviewer tries twice to broach Lucas' disappearance. The first time EG brings up the two strangers. The second time she says she has ideas but then says she really shouldn't have spoken to the interviewer and she has to go. (But the interviewer does manage to keep EG talking and EG goes back to talking about the abuse allegations.

I think EG feels on safer ground when talking about the abuse, maybe because she's had so long with these allegations being a part of her life and so long to 'make up' defense stories for herself, so they're a lot easier to talk about. Talking about the abuse allegations also keeps the interviewer asking questions on that subject, so it keeps EG from having to talk about Lucas being 'missing'.

In this regard she's the opposite of JH who didn't want to talk about the abuse allegations, he said that Lucas being missing should be the current focus. EG doesn't want to talk about Lucas' disappearance, she prefers to talk about the abuse allegations.

It really bothers me that JH totally avoids talking about the abuse allegations as if they could not possibly have anything to do with Lucas being missing. JMO, but his statement does give a lot of insight into how he may have handled any indications that Lucas may have been being abused. In other words, turn his head the other way and totally ignore the fact.

Going back to the question of prosecuting a case without a body. I've not personally seen a case with so many locals searching so determinedly for so long. There's a very good chance Lucas will be found.

IMHO having a body, even without COD, will be a game-changer for putting a case to a jury and raising the chances of a conviction.

I really think it's in EG's best interests to tell all before a body is found. I think it's important to try to empathize with EG and try to look at things from her side out. If she was to tell all now, she'd have more control over the story than if she waits for a body to be found and letting the body tell the story...the latter would surely backfoot her, and I can't see her wanting to be in that position, given the style of the interview where she seems to want to control the interview and keep pushing it toward what she considers safer ground.

We saw in Bella's case that the first person to go to LE with a story was the one who got believed and got let off with time served.

Obviously I expect EG's lawyer to tell her to say nothing about anything, but that might not be the best advice for her given her apparent personality style combined with the hefty circumstantial evidence that she is the one who 'disappeared' Lucas, and that's even before we consider that LE might have other evidence that they are sitting on with forensics and stuff.

Do judges still take remorse into consideration? If EG tells things now and guides LE to the body, she can frame a remorseful story and say that she belatedly did the right thing in coming clean, because she's full of remorse! If she holds out then I think it will be harder to persuade a judge that she is truly remorseful rather than thinking only of herself.

Going back to the question of prosecuting a case without a body. I've not personally seen a case with so many locals searching so determinedly for so long. There's a very good chance Lucas will be found.

IMHO having a body, even without COD, will be a game-changer for putting a case to a jury and raising the chances of a conviction.

I really think it's in EG's best interests to tell all before a body is found. I think it's important to try to empathize with EG and try to look at things from her side out. If she was to tell all now, she'd have more control over the story than if she waits for a body to be found and letting the body tell the story...the latter would surely backfoot her, and I can't see her wanting to be in that position, given the style of the interview where she seems to want to control the interview and keep pushing it toward what she considers safer ground.

We saw in Bella's case that the first person to go to LE with a story was the one who got believed and got let off with time served.

Obviously I expect EG's lawyer to tell her to say nothing about anything, but that might not be the best advice for her given her apparent personality style combined with the hefty circumstantial evidence that she is the one who 'disappeared' Lucas, and that's even before we consider that LE might have other evidence that they are sitting on with forensics and stuff.

Do judges still take remorse into consideration? If EG tells things now and guides LE to the body, she can frame a remorseful story and say that she belatedly did the right thing in coming clean, because she's full of remorse! If she holds out then I think it will be harder to persuade a judge that she is truly remorseful rather than thinking only of herself.

Judges do take remorse into consideration at times but given the time that has passed, I think it would be obvious she was just trying to save her own skin at this point...JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad you posted this as I have been wondering the very same thing. Was Child Services even aware of who was taking care of Lucas,
FGS?
It seems with all the things going on with other kids in EG's life, like custodial strife found in court documents, that it was probably known by PCS who was supposed to be watching dear Lucas. However we know his extended family members tried repeatedly to get help for him, but sadly it never came:tantrum:
Lucas was much-loved and it's not their fault.
:moo:

It really bothers me that JH totally avoids talking about the abuse allegations as if they could not possibly have anything to do with Lucas being missing. JMO, but his statement does give a lot of insight into how he may have handled any indications that Lucas may have been being abused. In other words, turn his head the other way and totally ignore the fact.

He didn't just ignore the giant elephant in the room, but also punished anyone (no matter which side of the family) who brought allegations up with denial of future contact with Lucas. All the more heartbreaking for those who truly cared about the boy's well-being.

Thank you all for the attempts to answer my questions. Unfortunately it sounds like this poor little guy hasn't had much real stability in his life. I'm so saddened that all those earlier warnings were ignored. I guess CPS investigated the reports of abuse?

I thought they usually really dug into a home environment though when abuse is reported, especially from multiple sources. So I'm not sure why they'd investigate and decide he was doing just great in a home with a woman who was not his mom, had no custody of her own kids and with multiple reports of domestic violence between his father and EG.

I known a couple of families over the years who said they'd had CPS called on them for their home being a mess. Usually due to some gigantic stressors in the family at the time. No allegations of any actual abuse. And they really had to jump through hoops over where every single thing in their home was, down to being told they couldn't have laundry baskets sitting out of clean clothing not put up. Or not one single dish left in the sink. So I don't understand why kids with bruises, repeated reports of domestic violence and other clear signs of abuse get ignored and no one dissects their entire homes and lives. (But someone leaving their teens home alone for a couple of nights when their 8 year old is transferred to a hospital too far away to drive back and forth because she's almost died have to jump through hoops to have stain free carpeting and a spotless home. And this incident was in Kansas.)

I just don't get it.

Wow. I always have laundry baskets full of clean clothes in the living room, toys all over the floor and dirty dishes in the sink. I'm a single mother of 4 who works. So, apparently I'm abusing my kids? Lol. DCF is a joke.

IMO, she shouldn't get any kind of deal. But if Lucas isn't found soon, I hope that they do offer her a deal so Lucas CAN be found. I don't know what they will do though. I agree with the statement that there are so many wonderful people searching for Lucas that he will be found. There are 3 weeks until her next court date. My fingers and toes and eyes are crossed.

My heart breaks a little more with each day Lucas is missing. People are looking for you sweetpea. We haven't forgotten you

I spend a lot of time going back and forth catching up on other cases. Whenever I come here, my eyes fill with tears, each and every time. I don’t even have to look at a photo of Lucas because I can see in my mind, that bruised little face and his gentle eyes.
EG, time to step up and bring that little boy home to those who genuinely love him.

I think the first searches were based on statistics. Nothing more.

What statistics if I may ask? I realize you may not know, everything is speculation so I’m curious what your thoughts are. I’ve never seen an all out search like this without some sort of evidence leading LE. I’m thinking there had to have been some sort of fact - just makes me wonder STILL about a second persons involvement and replacement of evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes me mad that she doesn't seem to understand that everyone needs closure. She is so worried about self preservation that she sits there in jail saying nothing. People like her need to rot in jail. Sorry. I am just so fed up. Its been over a month and we have nothing. She knows what happened. Ots time to let it all out and face the consequences. If it were one of my daughters, i would press her til she broke.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Interesting point. We tend to deflect from what's uncomfortable for us to talk about and IMO only, talking about the abuse has become uncomfortable for JH because deep down he must be coming to terms with the possibility that EG caused them and he now feels responsible for turning family away who made the abuse claims. And as far as EG not wanting to talk about Lucas' disappearance, that could only be, IMO, because she's responsible. When she brings up the strangers in front of her house, she's trying to plant a seed in people's minds that he could have been abducted yet she makes no public plea for these people, or whoever she wants us to believe took Lucas, to please bring him home. She seems more concerned about clearing herself than anything else. Guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem