Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did EG end up watching Lucas full time anyway? I get his father was out of state working a lot. But where was his mother? Is there a reason he wasn't living with her when JH was out of town? I'm sure this must have been addressed somewhere but I missed it.

I apologize if it's not a question I'm allowed to ask either. I know his mom isn't a suspect. But I'm just wondering if there is a reason he was left alone for weeks with an adult who had no biological connection and no legal responsibilities to him at all. How does a child get to be watched alone for weeks by an adult who can't see their own children unsupervised instead of being with his own mother?

I will try to paraphrase FLA and find those posts if life allows me to.

JO for private reasons, but not drug related, did not have physical placement of Lucas. She shares joint legal custody and had an open-ended visitation schedule to see Lucas.

Imho, she was trying to put the best interests of her child before herself.

How did EG end up watching Lucas full time anyway? I get his father was out of state working a lot. But where was his mother? Is there a reason he wasn't living with her when JH was out of town? I'm sure this must have been addressed somewhere but I missed it.

I apologize if it's not a question I'm allowed to ask either. I know his mom isn't a suspect. But I'm just wondering if there is a reason he was left alone for weeks with an adult who had no biological connection and no legal responsibilities to him at all. How does a child get to be watched alone for weeks by an adult who can't see their own children unsupervised instead of being with his own mother?

JH and bio mom didn’t have custody of Lucas when he was a baby. JH got custody back at some point I’m not sure exactly when. Bio mom only had limited visitation from what I understand. She had last seen him at his birthday in December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's been a question and especially since family members from both bio parents sides were reporting abuse to Lucas under her care and Lucas was telling people she was abusing him! I'm not sure if the family was aware that she didn't have custody of her own boys. Does anybody know?
It sure seems like the ball got dropped here for this little guy. I think jurisdictional issues was a factor and JH taking EG's side played into it too.

JH and bio mom didn’t have custody of Lucas when he was a baby. JH got custody back at some point I’m not sure exactly when. Bio mom only had limited visitation from what I understand. She had last seen him at his birthday in December

If not JH and bio mom, who did have custody of Lucas when he was a baby?

I wanted to say in my other post something about that too. I do think an extended family member had Lucas and we don't know why or how it came to be (probably just working the parenting plan) that JH took Lucas out of that environment. I think it is a slippery topic.

I wanted to say in my other post something about that too. I do think an extended family member had Lucas and we don't know why or how it came to be (probably just working the parenting plan) that JH took Lucas out of that environment. I think it is a slippery topic.

I agree it is. Just sticking to bare facts without speculating around it

BBM
I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean a healthy environment, an abusive environment, a physical environment ie a different sate? I don't want to speculate.

I agree it is. Just sticking to bare facts without speculating around it

I read or saw somewhere JO had him until 6 months old. And I don't frequent those other places, but life won't let me search for it properly right now. I really thought JO said it in a video, but heck if I can get to watch right now!

BBM
I'm not sure what this means. Do you mean a healthy environment, an abusive environment, a physical environment ie a different sate? I don't want to speculate.

I chose some strong wording. I envision it as a loving environment that Lucas was placed in with JOs extended family. I think that bothered JH. Just because he is Dad (his boy with someone else). And he would have had to take action, I would think, to change the parenting/custody arrangement. It could also have been a temp family placement with the intention of reunification from the get-go.

I don't know if that helps. I hope so.

It sounds like there has been custody issues and well being issues for Lucas his entire life. I believe that his family has really loved him, from both sides. I can't help but think leaving him with anybody else other than EG would have been in his best interest. This poor little guy seems to have been malnourished too as well as physically abused. All the signs were there! And now look! :tantrum:

LE initially started searching at Chisholm Park, The Nature Center, Glen Del Rey Park, and Land Searched K-96 fishing lake area (by both bodies of water), and the area just North of K-96 on Woodlawn(N of Nature Center).

The efforts led to more rural areas, asking people to search their land. She grew up around Andover, Augusta area.

There was a factual reason LE started around 29th and Woodlawn- what was that reason?
I agree with and search undisclosed locations, but why there initially?

I like this question.

there have been so many ideas put out here.

what have we NOT thought of?

I think the first searches were based on statistics. Nothing more.

She noted a visit with her two sons on July 8 at Chisholm Creek Park near 29th and Woodlawn – where on Friday police returned to do a grid search for Lucas after combing the park on two consecutive days earlier this week.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

Thank you all for the attempts to answer my questions. Unfortunately it sounds like this poor little guy hasn't had much real stability in his life. I'm so saddened that all those earlier warnings were ignored. I guess CPS investigated the reports of abuse?

I thought they usually really dug into a home environment though when abuse is reported, especially from multiple sources. So I'm not sure why they'd investigate and decide he was doing just great in a home with a woman who was not his mom, had no custody of her own kids and with multiple reports of domestic violence between his father and EG.

I known a couple of families over the years who said they'd had CPS called on them for their home being a mess. Usually due to some gigantic stressors in the family at the time. No allegations of any actual abuse. And they really had to jump through hoops over where every single thing in their home was, down to being told they couldn't have laundry baskets sitting out of clean clothing not put up. Or not one single dish left in the sink. So I don't understand why kids with bruises, repeated reports of domestic violence and other clear signs of abuse get ignored and no one dissects their entire homes and lives. (But someone leaving their teens home alone for a couple of nights when their 8 year old is transferred to a hospital too far away to drive back and forth because she's almost died have to jump through hoops to have stain free carpeting and a spotless home. And this incident was in Kansas.)

I just don't get it.

I started digging to see if we had any quotes from articles re JH & MH. Didn't find anything yet, but, imo, the ongoing case with EG's older boys involving allegations about JH probably has something to do with it.

ESO :tyou: made this great Google doc of the visible court docs from this video.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475607173

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13qqkKD7-i_mDVl9uBpWEpQ8tGN_5tdA4TntAKZWQl8M/edit

1. Petitioner (I’m skipping this part)
2. I am the petitioner/father in the above matter. The respondent and I have two minor
children, (kids names and birth years here).
3. I have sole legal custody of the minor children and primary residency where both minor
children reside with me.
a. The respondent has parenting time with our minor children pursuant to the orders
of Minor children and Permanent Parenting Plan filed on October 14, [2017?] as
follows: (hard to read the rest because it’s covered up on screen).
PAGE 2
4. The respondent has never completed a court ordered parenting class on parenting in a
home with anger/violence and a co-parenting class.
5. On Sunday, February 4, 2018 respondent’s boyfriend got physical with our youngest
son, [redacted]. The children reported the incident as soon as I picked them up after
parenting time. I took photos when we returned home, and although it was 4-5 hours
later, there were still red marks on [redacted] chest with visible fingerprints. His chest
was still visible the next day.
a. I spoke with the respondent about the incident and she reported that her
boyfriend (Jonathan Hernandez) said that the mark was “an accident” and that
she kicked him out after it occurred. She then became angry, blamed the
children’s behavior and hung up on me.
6. Since this was the second instance in the past 6 months where a physical altercation
occurred while in her care, I made a formal report for the safety and welfare of the
children to the police the next day.
7. On Saturday, February 17, 2017 I saw on the news that the respondent reported her
boyfriend’s son, Lucas Hernandez, age 5 years old, missing while in her care.
a. I called the respondent concerning her parenting time scheduled for the next day
and she agreed to reschedule.
(This is all I can see on page 2.
There are several pages missing and I’ve not been able to find them on any other news story. I
know this because the next bullet points start with the number that looks like either 20 or 30.
Since I can’t tell I’m just going to use a dot-)
● (20?) For the safety and welfare of our minor children, I believe that it is in their best
interests for respondent’s parenting time to be suspended pending further order of the
court.
● I also believe that it is best for the children that the respondent have no contact with the
children until further order of the court, including that respondent shall not have contact
with them at their school and extra-curricular activities until further order of the court.
● This affidavit states (this is just the final paragraph, signed on what looks like the 28th)

"a. I spoke with the respondent about the incident and she reported that her
boyfriend (Jonathan Hernandez) said that the mark was “an accident” and that
she kicked him out after it occurred. She then became angry, blamed the
children’s behavior and hung up on me."

"Angry", "blamed the children..."....hmmmmm...these words are quite telling, imo.

She noted a visit with her two sons on July 8 at Chisholm Creek Park near 29th and Woodlawn – where on Friday police returned to do a grid search for Lucas after combing the park on two consecutive days earlier this week.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

Additionally (rehash, I know):

"She described herself in court documents since August as a stay-at-home mom whose fiance/husband, Jonathan Hernandez, is the “sole financial care taker” and “is away at work most of the time.”

*So, as I've mentioned before, I seeeeeriously wonder if she was banging someone else.

And if so, what does this person know?

Eta: $10 says she's been screwing her dealer. Moo.

I thought they usually really dug into a home environment though when abuse is reported, especially from multiple sources. So I'm not sure why they'd investigate and decide he was doing just great in a home with a woman who was not his mom, had no custody of her own kids and with multiple reports of domestic violence between his father and EG.

Specific terms, words, volume/frequency of 'reports' are necessary to trigger more thorough review of home & guardians.

Have been drug along to countless juvie hall hearings by my worker & GALs with other kids whose cases were up, they just batch everyone in a home's case actions together, & make a 'family day' of it. Learned a little along the way.

I known a couple of families over the years who said they'd had CPS called on them for their home being a mess. Usually due to some gigantic stressors in the family at the time. No allegations of any actual abuse. And they really had to jump through hoops over where every single thing in their home was, down to being told they couldn't have laundry baskets sitting out of clean clothing not put up. Or not one single dish left in the sink. So I don't understand why kids with bruises, repeated reports of domestic violence and other clear signs of abuse get ignored and no one dissects their entire homes and lives. (But someone leaving their teens home alone for a couple of nights when their 8 year old is transferred to a hospital too far away to drive back and forth because she's almost died have to jump through hoops to have stain free carpeting and a spotless home. And this incident was in Kansas.)

I just don't get it.

Whoever had it out for your acquaintances, knew the ropes enough to get your buddies past the first few levels of hell into the center ring/main attraction.
CPS can't close out files until an intermediate period of stringent response is recorded. Workers don't like this either.

Now do we see why they prefer the 'easy ones' over the drama llamas like EG (who are clearly batshit enough to carry out vendetta on workers)? System doesn't pay to deal with real trauma, kids get abused endlessly, a tragedy comes along, everyone screams NEVER AGAIN, some idiot starts begging off state funds, and the cycle of bs starts all over because NOTHING ever changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi