Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was under house arrest with an ankle bracelet, the judge may have been concerned with future potential visits with her children. The custody arrangements are all up in the air still, even though she will likely be very limited in her parental duties for now. But it seems safer for all if she stays put ....:jail:

I agree. But, wasn't her bond not lowered because the judge determined she might be a flight risk? That's what I don't get.

Her FB appears to be back unless it was a glitch for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her FB has probably been stolen (hijacked) by someone close to her but it's interesting.:thinking:
I know we will all keep this case on the front burner as much as we can so there will be JUSTICE FOR LUCAS! :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
:moo:

I agree. But, wasn't her bond not lowered because the judge determined she might be a flight risk? That's what I don't get.

*sigh*

CPS won't release a child to another parent if the abuser is still in the same home. Eg has not been officially evicted from the most recent premises, so there it is.

Until the dust settles with EG, JH can wheedle & beg for MH to be released to him (delivered via GAL & other worker/s) to be cared for in another family home where CPS is confidant the offending parent will not be interfering (causing them grief or work). Whether or not JH is 'heard' has a good deal to do with behind the scenes communications between LE & DHS.

Could it be partly because JH works out of state, he appears to be supporting her at the moment, he has his own court issues with allegations of striking a child, he was aware she was smoking pot while being the caregiver for two children, has denied EG was responsible for prior abuse allegations, and has a history of violent altercations. So judge may feel potential for them to take off if she gets out?

...Too quiet...All thoughts with those who are searching. It's time to bring Lucas Allen Hernandez home.:tantrum:.

Thinking of all the searchers today ❤️[emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes and in her jailhouse interview EG continues to use the same words "I take care of him every day" etc.:gaah:The sheer audacity just sickens me. Lucas called her Emily not ever anything else.

Did she resent having to "take care of him"? JH leaving for long periods of time?

Did she resent having to "take care of him"? JH leaving for long periods of time?

Makes you wonder if Lucas took away the attention that baby girl needed and EG couldn't stand that. EG probably wanted it to be just her, JH and the baby. imo

My hope is that with Midwest values we could get a conviction without body. Difficult yes but I pray for charges and a conviction .

I thought EG statement not ready to tell her side yet had to do with the abuse allegations, just like JH got angry when someone brought them up and said now was not the time to talk about it.

I just rewatched the interview. She says the part about wanting to tell *her* side after these two questions asked by the reporter:

Do you have any idea what happened to Lucas?
Referring to his disappearance.

Is there anything else you want to say?
Open ended question.

Her answer wasn't in direct response to probing regarding the abuse allegations. It was her final statement after saying she shouldn't have spoken to the journalist because of her attorney and that she had to go.

EG says she wants ppl to know her side but she's not there yet, then she herself brings up the abuse again and tries to offer more excuses and claims that there's "huge history" with the NM relatives and the bruises didn't even happen under her care, but her cousin's.

Her statement still comes across as callous when the most important questions are Where is Lucas? What happened to him? Do you have any idea? And she's still stuck on the abuse and it wasn't her fault and she's not ready to tell her side...

Seriously?

It's not about your side vs other ppl's version of events. It's about WHY IS THE CHILD YOU CLAIM TO LOVE SO MUCH MISSING? Where did he go? What do you remember? She was the last one to see him alive, before he went missing. There's no escaping that fact.

The interviewer was very gentle with EG even though EG's reactions were very telling:moo:

A lot of defense attornies are very good at spin. Now much is going to depend on the jury pool. Where it comes from. What backgrounds the jurors have. I mean this applies in every case.
Hoping Lucas is found soon enough to determine COD. I think that played a big role in why CA wasn't found guilty of murder in the Caylee case. Along with her (IMO) deceitful yet wickedly capable attorney.:gaah:

i don’t like attorneys. Period. But when faced by the need I’ve used their services. They get paid, although without checking I’m not certain if this is a public defender or if she is payin the legal fees. I recall at her first video appearance she turned down court appointed counsel. Some, not all, attorneys will do nearly anything in a highly publicized case, to gain a successful outcome for clients. (REFERENCE CA MATTER IN FLORIDA). An attorneys reputation and fee scale can skyrocket into the stratosphere based in one successful verdict. Some lawyers have ethics and morals, and others are bottom feeders. Exactly like any other profession.

Thinking tothe future, the da may review the evidence in this case prior to EG next court appearance and if they can’t continue the 50 k bond, then charges may in fact be filed based on existing evidence. I would be surprised if they will file the most serious charge of murder, but there are other charges I could anticipate they may file. It is difficult to prove murder without a body, and this case is going to be complex as it relates to all the moving pieces just with relationships and whatever drug use is involved. ( making a concerted effort to judge the lifestyle of nearly everyone involved)But I’m pretty confident she is going to remain in jail.

Unless LE needs to have her out to watch what she might do.

The goid things that might come from this are;

1. The agency tasked with child welfare is going to have forced changes due to Little Lucas and for the murder of the Brewer child;

2. EG will likely have no more children to possibly abuse and she may do something positive to improve the life she has had and the less than intelligent choices she has made to this point in her first 26 years.

3. She will never have the opportunity to be with her kids alone and thus she will t be able to abuse them ever again, if indeed it is proven she did;

4. Her 3 remaining children might have a decent opportunity to grow up lived in a nurturing environment, recurve a good education and escape the lifestyle they have experienced to this point.

5. Perhaps she might consider cooperating with mental health professionals and behavior scientists in hopes that in the future they can identify warning signs to stop this horrific behavior.

Everyone is guaranteed a defense under the law. Period.:moo:

i don’t like attorneys. Period. But when faced by the need I’ve used their services. They get paid, although without checking I’m not certain if this is a public defender or if she is payin the legal fees. I recall at her first video appearance she turned down court appointed counsel. Some, not all, attorneys will do nearly anything in a highly publicized case, to gain a successful outcome for clients. (REFERENCE CA MATTER IN FLORIDA). An attorneys reputation and fee scale can skyrocket into the stratosphere based in one successful verdict. Some lawyers have ethics and morals, and others are bottom feeders. Exactly like any other profession.

Thinking tothe future, the da may review the evidence in this case prior to EG next court appearance and if they can’t continue the 50 k bond, then charges may in fact be filed based on existing evidence. I would be surprised if they will file the most serious charge of murder, but there are other charges I could anticipate they may file. It is difficult to prove murder without a body, and this case is going to be complex as it relates to all the moving pieces just with relationships and whatever drug use is involved. ( making a concerted effort to judge the lifestyle of nearly everyone involved)But I’m pretty confident she is going to remain in jail.

Unless LE needs to have her out to watch what she might do.

The goid things that might come from this are;

1. The agency tasked with child welfare is going to have forced changes due to Little Lucas and for the murder of the Brewer child;

2. EG will likely have no more children to possibly abuse and she may do something positive to improve the life she has had and the less than intelligent choices she has made to this point in her first 26 years.

3. She will never have the opportunity to be with her kids alone and thus she will t be able to abuse them ever again, if indeed it is proven she did;

4. Her 3 remaining children might have a decent opportunity to grow up lived in a nurturing environment, recurve a good education and escape the lifestyle they have experienced to this point.

5. Perhaps she might consider cooperating with mental health professionals and behavior scientists in hopes that in the future they can identify warning signs to stop this horrific behavior.

When a person is living a certain life style it can be difficult to change. You can only change if you are willing to look at certain aspects of your life. If you are not willing to look at your self and not blame others then you will never change. I speak from experience I had to change myself and the way I reacted to others. jmo

Sorry I have a hard time explaining things.

When a person is living a certain life style it can be difficult to change. You can only change if you are willing to look at certain aspects of your life. If you are not willing to look at your self and not blame others then you will never change. I speak from experience I had to change myself and the way I reacted to others. jmo

Sorry I have a hard time explaining things.
Yep and just like we say about other addictions (and needing to make life changes) all we can do is remind ourselves that "we didn't cause it, we can't control it and we can't cure it". As we feel hopeless over the actions of others like EG it helps everyone to remember that these are HER own unique choices. And SHE will have to answer for them. :moo:

I wish we knew if they are having a good amount of people show up for the searches.. I live several hours away but if they are not having people show up. I would try to arrange a group to come down. I also wonder if anybody contacted WSU and Butler community college criminology students to help

I started digging to see if we had any quotes from articles re JH & MH. Didn't find anything yet, but, imo, the ongoing case with EG's older boys involving allegations about JH probably has something to do with it.

ESO :tyou: made this great Google doc of the visible court docs from this video.

http://www.kwch.com/video/?vid=475607173

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13qqkKD7-i_mDVl9uBpWEpQ8tGN_5tdA4TntAKZWQl8M/edit

1. Petitioner (I’m skipping this part)
2. I am the petitioner/father in the above matter. The respondent and I have two minor
children, (kids names and birth years here).
3. I have sole legal custody of the minor children and primary residency where both minor
children reside with me.
a. The respondent has parenting time with our minor children pursuant to the orders
of Minor children and Permanent Parenting Plan filed on October 14, [2017?] as
follows: (hard to read the rest because it’s covered up on screen).
PAGE 2
4. The respondent has never completed a court ordered parenting class on parenting in a
home with anger/violence and a co-parenting class.
5. On Sunday, February 4, 2018 respondent’s boyfriend got physical with our youngest
son, [redacted]. The children reported the incident as soon as I picked them up after
parenting time. I took photos when we returned home, and although it was 4-5 hours
later, there were still red marks on [redacted] chest with visible fingerprints. His chest
was still visible the next day.
a. I spoke with the respondent about the incident and she reported that her
boyfriend (Jonathan Hernandez) said that the mark was “an accident” and that
she kicked him out after it occurred. She then became angry, blamed the
children’s behavior and hung up on me.
6. Since this was the second instance in the past 6 months where a physical altercation
occurred while in her care, I made a formal report for the safety and welfare of the
children to the police the next day.
7. On Saturday, February 17, 2017 I saw on the news that the respondent reported her
boyfriend’s son, Lucas Hernandez, age 5 years old, missing while in her care.
a. I called the respondent concerning her parenting time scheduled for the next day
and she agreed to reschedule.
(This is all I can see on page 2.
There are several pages missing and I’ve not been able to find them on any other news story. I
know this because the next bullet points start with the number that looks like either 20 or 30.
Since I can’t tell I’m just going to use a dot-)
● (20?) For the safety and welfare of our minor children, I believe that it is in their best
interests for respondent’s parenting time to be suspended pending further order of the
court.
● I also believe that it is best for the children that the respondent have no contact with the
children until further order of the court, including that respondent shall not have contact
with them at their school and extra-curricular activities until further order of the court.
● This affidavit states (this is just the final paragraph, signed on what looks like the 28th)

I don't know... I am feeling really strongly about the fact that the judge refused to lower her bond even though she isn't in jail for charges related to Lucas. Add that to the fact that her charge is a misdemeanor and the child in question has been removed from the home. The judge wouldn't even lower it a little or let her go home on house arrest. I have heard that this isn't something that happens often. It really makes me feel as if there is some really compelling evidence that isn't being released because it is absolutely crucial to the investigation. I believe that the judge was shown the evidence and that is what helped determine his decision in rejecting even the slightest bit of a bond reduction. Imo.

To me it is very reminiscent of the Evan Brewer case.
They arrested his mom and her boyfriend on something completely unrelated to Evan’s death, if memory serves -the mom on custodial interference and the boyfriend on some outstanding warrant. They didn’t charge them with anything regarding Evan for over two months. When they did finally bring those charges the sheer amount of evidence in that affidavit was shocking.
Because of that I truly believe there is much behind the scenes, forensics and whatnot, that we don’t know but will be forthcoming. The judge had to have been given some insight to that to not lower her bond, I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member