Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without doing a Google search, I don't have the numbers in front of me. But if I recall, the initial assumption is a 30 minute radius, soft ground, and familiar areas to the perp. I have Wikipedia bookmarked, so this is a good place to start if you want to dig into it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disposal_of_human_corpses

Other than that, I don't think the searching is extraordinary. Even you participated because you really wanted to help, which we are grateful for. I think there was an unusual amount of local interest who were also WS members, so it sort of grew at a fever pitch because of that. I think when LE stops looking and asks the public for help, we all just sort of give up. I'm just in awe that Wichita citizens are not quitters, and you are setting the bar. :cheer:

Thanks- but I’m happy to continue the search for his family. It’s heartbreaking to think of his grandparents and relatives without closure. And thank you for all you do !!! And Henry!!!
Respectfully speaking, I’m just not 100% sold on statistics being the reason why LE was there. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not even kidding when I say how amazing people are. PommyMommy you are the bomb diggety. Also, I need help with the name of the WS member who arranged to have them delivered to the pizza place. You both deserve a huge :cupcake:

Aww, shucks :blushing:. Thank you, but Hoping I Can Help is the real MVP!!!

JMO

I feel like I just read some sort of exquisite poetry. I like it, but I can't competely follow what each message is up there at the top. I'm sure I agree though, just because nothing seemed obviously against my impressions. But again, not confident I understand what I'm agreeing to, fully. Care to say it again using the "for Dummies" approach? I really want to know what's happening all up there in the first half. :D

I like the gist but I’m getting the feeling that a situation close to her might be leading to the complexity of what he/she is saying. I personally think EG is definitely narcissistic behavior, and a classic example of abandonment issues from childhood, coupled with some neurotransmitter issues. I just don’t give her the “powerhouse master manipulator “ title- I think she is a good liar out of practice and need, has substance abuse issues, may not have medication she needs (lack of insurance)- although she could go through com-care, and I haven’t heard anything about depression, anxiety or BP factually, but it’s obvious. I think she is good at reading people to get what she wants, but not “super smart” by any means. JMO

Imo there are many variables here.

1. Depends on how strong EG ACTUALLY IS. And maybe how mentally ill she is.

2. Is she staying silent and following attorneys advice?

3. It takes but one slip up to give LE a subtle clue.

4. I hate stating this, but it also depends on where Lucas may be. If in a landfill the more likely she is pretty confident he will not be found or if he is, the COD MAY not be determined. After 5 weeks it might be sad but nature takes its course and evidence degrades. ( this is tough my grandson is close to this age).

5. I am pretty sure by now LE knows where and who she purchases her drugs.

6. I am still very uncertain about the accuracy of the timeline we are considering mostly due to LE silence. But I certainly respect their strategy and confidentiality.

7. EG, or so it appears, may not have lived or had a good pleasant nurturing atmosphere for her children or even herself. The situation in its entirety looks like a fluid checkerboard of moving relationships, very questionable characters and selfish behavior. Living in her current relationship is probably the best she’s ever had in her young life.

8. Most of the time there was no one around to check her behavior. EG probabably hiD much more than we know. WE don’t know if she’s been caught on video anywhere.

9. We also don’t have details about tracking her cell or the vehicle(s) they own or had access to.

10. I also appreciate the newly suggested/questioned fidelity OF EG. 3 kids while complaining of endometriosis is pretty positive results when it’s supposed to be difficult to become pregnant if diagnosis correct. Also She’s been pregnant for 27 if the last 96 months since high school. That alone is significant hormones which at times makes us crazy or at least it did me.

11. Nothing suggested it priven re EG WIULD SURPRISE ME AT THIS POINT.

12. LE members are trained and very intelligent. I have no doubt they will find him, the question is when. EG May believe she’s outsmarted everyon, but LE IS RARELY WRONG, and nothing indicated she is overly intelligent. Decieptful yes, an addict probably, questionable lifestyle for kids definitely, able to fool those close to her yes, but I do t see her getting away with this much after her April hearing date.

EXCUSE MISSPELLINGS HANDS NOT GOOD TODAY

AND ALL THIS IN IS MY VERY RESPECTFUL AND HUMBLE OPINION.

Great reminders!!!!!!!!!

Maybe if they approach it from the angle of how hard it must be for her and what a great job she had been doing, she doesn't get a break, dad goes away to work maybe even goes out for drinks with the guys after his shift, sleeps in on his days off, while she is stuck at home taking care of children 24/7 - up at night for teething, sick children, making sure they get to school, that all their daily needs are met. Heck she has to even be the mean parent and get rid of the cat, while dad comes home for 10 days and is the fun parent. Make her feel like a super mom and maybe she will drop her defense and open up. As long as they attack her parenting skills she is gonna stay clammed up I think. She needs someone to justify and appreciate what is in her mind that she is a great parent.

Just to clarify I am in no way saying she is a great mom, but I do believe in her mind she thinks she is and people are being unfair to her and don't appreciate everything she does.

Yes ma'am, I think this is spot on.

Ya, I’m just not going to put all that out there on the forum. I can see an interview lasting 5-6 hours with her, if it were me interviewing, it would be all about her up until the 6th hour. JMO. She needs to feel good, vindicated, safe, right, and stroked. She’s smart, in reading people, so I would think a good “jib jabbing” session with a feminine woman, plain hair, normal clothing, little make-up might be a good. Someone who can relate to any story, anytime, any circumstance type of person. Someone used to talking and being safe to talk to- a place or time to tell their story. A creation of environment .

I think you are right on track, too. Though, I picture a man gaining her trust more easily, possibly.

Well that's one I haven't heard yet... As if any of Lucas's family (or anyone at all) could go "Hey guys, you tried your best. Let's just call it quits, mmmkay?" Geez.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

When posting the flier on my FB, a friend of mine said that she heard they were not going to search for Lucas anymore because he is presumed dead - I was astonished at the way word of mouth really twists things.

Thank you for this post. I have too been wondering what evidence they have and hoping they have enough to put her away for a long time!! How much evidence could they realistically have in their pocket and still wait til the next hearing? Could they have all the evidence they need to convict her, just not the body, and they just haven’t shared it, hoping to find poor little Lucas’ body first?

I guess I’m just trying to say that’s what I hope. I hope they have a lot of evidence and are just keeping it close to the vest. Hoping and praying little Lucas is found soon, preferably today :)

Amen to that!

When posting the flier on my FB, a friend of mine said that she heard they were not going to search for Lucas anymore because he is presumed dead - I was astonished at the way word of mouth really twists things.
That's :gaah:. So many are searching even now, like Hoping I Can Help.
Tirelessly and endlessly night and day people are working privately to help bring Lucas Allen home where he always belonged.:loveyou:
:moo:

Aww, shucks :blushing:. Thank you, but Hoping I Can Help is the real MVP!!!

JMO
Yes thanks to you and every other who is searching and especially for Hoping I Can Help:tyou:.
Mad Respect:heartluv:

Yes ma'am, I think this is spot on.

I think you are right on track, too. Though, I picture a man gaining her trust more easily, possibly.

I see that too- a skilled interviewer can attack and conquer no matter what the sex.

Just ordered a pizza and they have Lucas fliers on all of the boxes!!

YESSSSS! I saw PommyMommy's comment and was so worried they wouldn't do it. Yay! THANK YOU to all who made that happen. So glad this is one of the first things I see when I sign into here :heartbeat:

Contact Marisa from The Vanished Podcast. She can do a whole episode on him!

I done a case submission for Lucas, not sure if anyone has already. Marissa does great work on her podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We need joe kenda on her.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Thanks- but I’m happy to continue the search for his family. It’s heartbreaking to think of his grandparents and relatives without closure. And thank you for all you do !!! And Henry!!!
Respectfully speaking, I’m just not 100% sold on statistics being the reason why LE was there. MOO

Regarding the part bolded by me....

I'm not sure I agree with you - mainly because I want to THINK they had/have some information that led them to those searches. But then I think of HT's kidnapping (outside of Charleston earlier this year) - they were searching nearby bodies of water immediately, yet she was 2 or 3 states away by the time they even knew she was missing. So, I don't think they were searching those bodies of water based on anything other than past experience/incidences of missing children. I worry that is the same case with the initial searches for Lucas. I hope we are wrong. Though I don't guess it matters in the long run since we still don't know where he is.

We don’t actually know what LE has as physical evidence and/or circumstantial evidence. She hasn’t been under this type of questioning, for any length of time, because remember, she chose to remain silent and requested a lawyer in the beginning. She waited till the last hour and had to obtain a court appointed. So really, in essence she hasn’t had to withstand hours of questioning and trying to tell her story forwards and backwards-rigorous lying, getting caught up, withstanding the pressure. She could get little time like you mentioned, but I’m hoping for the ace in the pocket by detectives and DA.

Just because she has a lawyer for the child endangerment charge does not mean she’s not being interviewed about Lucas’ disappearance. That’s the beauty in not arresting her for that because she’s being “interviewed” and not “questioned”. She will not have the option of not talking to social workers tho if she wants contact with her children. The fact is we don’t know what is being done behind the scenes, this investigation isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. It takes 6 weeks to go to court on a speeding ticket, so this is a waiting game, EG isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. She’s young, used to instant gratification and obviously has some self control issues. There is a method to the madness here, and dragging this out investigation wise is exactly the way to go. Control is what is at play here, and the second EG feels like she has lost all that is when she will talk, unless we find Lucas first, and we are searching hard. I’ve lived in Wichita 30 years and I’ve seen areas I didn’t know existed looking for Lucas.

Just because she has a lawyer for the child endangerment charge does not mean she’s not being interviewed about Lucas’ disappearance. That’s the beauty in not arresting her for that because she’s being “interviewed” and not “questioned”. She will not have the option of not talking to social workers tho if she wants contact with her children. The fact is we don’t know what is being done behind the scenes, this investigation isn’t a sprint, it’s a marathon. It takes 6 weeks to go to court on a speeding ticket, so this is a waiting game, EG isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. She’s young, used to instant gratification and obviously has some self control issues. There is a method to the madness here, and dragging this out investigation wise is exactly the way to go. Control is what is at play here, and the second EG feels like she has lost all that is when she will talk, unless we find Lucas first, and we are searching hard. I’ve lived in Wichita 30 years and I’ve seen areas I didn’t know existed looking for Lucas.

Thank you!!

Regarding the part bolded by me....

I'm not sure I agree with you - mainly because I want to THINK they had/have some information that led them to those searches. But then I think of HT's kidnapping (outside of Charleston earlier this year) - they were searching nearby bodies of water immediately, yet she was 2 or 3 states away by the time they even knew she was missing. So, I don't think they were searching those bodies of water based on anything other than past experience/incidences of missing children. I worry that is the same case with the initial searches for Lucas. I hope we are wrong. Though I don't guess it matters in the long run since we still don't know where he is.
Yes and hopefully with the FBI involved since the beginning basically I do cross my fingers that they are looking across state lines as well as county lines.:crystalball: Don't believe in crystal balls but we all wish we had one for Lucas:scared:.

Agree that she believes her own lies and plans on throwing shade in anyone else's direction that she can.:gaah:

I don't think she believes her own lies. I think she has pulled the wool over so many peoples eyes for so long she thinks she's a rock star at it!
I have a family member who chooses to lie way before telling the truth. She gets a kick out of the power it gives her. Of course once I realized her game I found listening to her a waste of my time. That's what I think we should do with Emily. Just let her know her current tale of events is a waste of our time and she's not doing herself any favors with her bs, that JH knows she's full of it at this point too, her ex does and so does her cousin.

I don't think she believes her own lies. I think she has pulled the wool over so many peoples eyes for so long she thinks she's a rock star at it!
I have a family member who chooses to lie way before telling the truth. She gets a kick out of the power it gives her. Of course once I realized her game I found listening to her a waste of my time. That's what I think we should do with Emily. Just let her know her current tale of events is a waste of our time and she's not doing herself any favors with her bs, that JH knows she's full of it at this point too, her ex does and so does her cousin.
Yes she probably doesn't believe her own lies. Correct. She's a chameleon that changes from public persona to her other persona IMO.
Maybe if she had help after the fact she doesn't actually know where he is?
IDK just frustrating.:thinking:

Yes she probably doesn't believe her own lies. Correct. She's a chameleon that changes from public persona to her other persona IMO.
Maybe if she had help after the fact she doesn't actually know where he is?
IDK just frustrating.:thinking:

I've given a lot of thought to that. I think she knows exactly where he is. When they find him he might be pretty degraded and that's what she's counting on imo. Of course if he has broken bones, a blow to the head, puncture wounds, they will be able to tell. Then it's a matter of who inflicted them. I think with the history of abuse she will be the only suspect. Her bs stories of him getting hurt by her cousins kids are outrageous! He obviously was continually struck in the face which probably lines up to his size and her swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot