Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did CPS ever talk to Lucas during their investigation?

I wish I knew. This is so hard on those that know and love Lucas and need him home. Sigh had to take a quick nap.:thinking:

Derbyp screenprinting shop Shamrock Graphics decided to start making T-Shirts with Lucas' name on them, and the phone number for Crimestoppers, as a way to help aid in the search.

"We just wanted to try something to try and help generate some leads to try to locate him." said Co-Owner Byron McNary.

Another local search group has started a similar campaign, offering wristbands and vehicle magnets for sale with the Crimestoppers information.

Both groups have partnered with Crimestoppers, and the proceeds from sales for the T-Shirts, Magnets, and Wristbands will be contributed to the Crimestoppers reward fund for information regarding the Lucas Hernandez case.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Lo...p-attention-on-Lucas-Hernandez-477861823.html
Amazing :cheer:

Lucas needs something in his name, reflecting Wichita's commitment to bring awareness to and stop child abuse. I don't know how something like that gets started, but I already feel like little Lucas would be tickled to know he has a rubber duck race in his honor every year. Just a thought.

Perhaps a silent vigil needs to be held, with all the major (and not so major) local media aware and in attendance. My suggestion would be to have it in front of police headquarters. Carry signs -- "We can't hear you, WPD" -- and the photos of that poor bruised child. Flyers for passing cars, same shocking pictures, single question: What about Lucus?

Let their silence be DEAFENING.

Then, I think, they will remember Lucus.

This is an excellent idea.

I just sent wpd Facebook page a picture of our flyer asking for property owners to search and asked them to put on their facebook
Send them the pictures of abuse and remind them why this matters.

I think the land owners searching is the most important to get out.
I wish I could find the video of the people who have the billboards. They said they would leave Lucas up until he was found. Maybe you all can work with them to update it and send this message. Plus, a change in the billboard will draw attention back to it. jmo

does EG have family that has land somewhere that she might know would be abandoned or not frequented often?

Lucas needs something in his name, reflecting Wichita's commitment to bring awareness to and stop child abuse. I don't know how something like that gets started, but I already feel like little Lucas would be tickled to know he has a rubber duck race in his honor every year. Just a thought.

Send them the pictures of abuse and remind them why this matters.

I wish I could find the video of the people who have the billboards. They said they would leave Lucas up until he was found. Maybe you all can work with them to update it and send this message. Plus, a change in the billboard will draw attention back to it. jmo

GigTu all excellent idea's! What about a billboard with the abuse picture's and searching the land. Just thinking out loud

I’m not suggesting LE isn’t looking for Lucas, I am certain they know what they are doing. However I am surprised that they haven’t posted any flyers or pictures to their Facebook page of Lucas since February 27th. Just scrolled through their page hoping for anything, but nada. I thought with the NCAA tournaments they would have plastered his face everywhere. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think almost all the time when LE posts those updates and requests to keep an eye out, they're doing that for a child they believe had a good chance of being alive.

People are happy to help in that kind of request, they'll look at the faces of kids they see when they're out and about and mentally compare to the missing child. The public can't do that in a case where a child is likely to be deceased.

I was pretty grossed out by an early presser that I thought would include info on Lucas if it wasn't fully about Lucas. There was a long time setting it up while the camera was running, someone in the audience asked something like whether there would be something BIG said in the presser, oh yeah, very BIG. It was 85% stuff about other things going on in Wichita, and quite a light hearted feel to it. Near the end they said a few words about Lucas and I hit the off button in disgust.

That's about PR, that isn't about the investigation.

I agree with that maybe WPD could be doing more to get the word out about the public searching their own properties, farms, etc.

To be coldly frank, it's going to be hard for LE to make a plea to the public to help them search for a dead body.

Despite this, a lot of people seem to still be out there searching, with full knowledge of what they're likely to be looking for. (God bless them all!)

I think it's a tricky one. In the first few days, and it's been reiterated since, there were requests to call with any info on Lucas' whereabouts, but LE haven't really seemed to put out pictures of EG and clearly connected those pleas to her or her vehicle. They haven't really explained, as far as I can see, what kind of info they want people to call in with? They've clearly managed to get some information through the course of the investigation, for instance the child endangerment charge. I presume they've been doing a lot of investigative work behind the scenes, and I don't think I'm wrong in that because they do have the endangerment charge, and they have brought that charge instead of sitting on it and seeing it as "Let's not bring a a charge of smoking marijuana against a grieving caregiver of a young child who is missing".

Also I think for drawing people in that a mystery factor can be helpful. If LE can say they have a gap in their timeline and really need the help of the public to fill in that gap, I'd expect a few helpful calls to come in. People want to help, especially in a case with a young child. The question is, how can they really help in a case like this? Lots of people will go out searching in the first 48 hours when there's a chance in their mind of finding a scared and crying child. When a case turns to recovery it's normal for LE to say they don't really want the help of the public at this time, and if they do support a public search they're often worried about site contamination and LE seems to want to control where the public search takes place and maybe put that in lower probability areas while expert searchers go to the higher probability areas. I don't know that I personally have ever seen people out searching for a body of a child months down the line. This could be a one-off, a rare occurrence (it won't be necessary or optimum in most cases), but I think it's something LE might not be primed for, and the media probably aren't primed much better, though they can use these searches to give time/page space to a case.

What can the media do at this point in a case? Perhaps a plea for people to search property could go alongside a story with the timeline of Lucas and Emily, but maybe some parts of that might need expanding to flesh out the story, so maybe if they had someone they could talk to to create a fuller inside story of the disappearance of Lucas Hernandez, and that would get the eyeballs in, and attach to that what the public can do at this point? The local media do seem to be trying to keep on top of this story about Lucas, and I think they are the key ones to focus on, as opposed to national media.

For a lot of the public this case at this point in time will not catch their attention once they are aware that it's unlikely to be a random abduction, but that's okay for most of them because most of the public probably can't do anything to help if they're too far out of the area or unable to go help with practical search efforts. But on the other hand in amongst that public you've got people who own properties, who were driving around that night, people who own businesses and can put up flyers if they understand there's still public desire and need for answers.

If you want to solve a problem, the first step is to fully assess the problem. And that is what my post is aimed at, getting people to think about the nature of the problem.

what can I do from texas?
I'm open to anything. someone give me a task. what can I do?

I have severe mushy brain and can’t think of the small tasks. Haha. I would say even to look up Wichita businesses and ask them to post his flyer on their page to spread the word. At this point I think we have to just keep pushing forward, reach out to media and get ppl to post the flyer. I wish I had the answer honey.

Does anyone local have any contacts with Fugate Enterprises? The Papa John’s flyers were awesome. Larry owns a ton of Pizza Huts and Taco Bell’s in all of the surrounding towns which is where we want the searches to take place. I’m not sure if he’s retired or not. I haven’t seen him in 15 years or so. I can try to reach out tomorrow unless someone has a good, solid, contact.

09160b473195438ea7779b687f017f31.jpg

I am pretty sure it was Atomic.

Hey everyone on right now, I’m on Tapatalk which I’m not used to yet. Can we access the scanner room on tapatalk? What’s that called ? The basement??

I have severe mushy brain and can’t think of the small tasks. Haha. I would say even to look up Wichita businesses and ask them to post his flyer on their page to spread the word. At this point I think we have to just keep pushing forward, reach out to media and get ppl to post the flyer. I wish I had the answer honey.

Does anyone local have any contacts with Fugate Enterprises? The Papa John’s flyers were awesome. Larry owns a ton of Pizza Huts and Taco Bell’s in all of the surrounding towns which is where we want the searches to take place. I’m not sure if he’s retired or not. I haven’t seen him in 15 years or so. I can try to reach out tomorrow unless someone has a good, solid, contact.

Lemme check, there us a good possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy