Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not caught up but I have to say these pictures are so very sad to look at! How someone does this to a child, adult, or animal is beyond my understanding. How nothing was done by DHS is also beyond my understanding. So so [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don’t know if they had been investigating because they can’t say.....please don’t assume that there was or was not something being done until they say otherwise. Investigations can take an unbelievable amount of time, especially if there are reports coming from other states and other jurisdictions.

I'm going to share the flyers to my Facebook pages for Fuller House and Girl Meets World. The GMW one has almost a million likes and the Fuller House one has half a million. At least that is some sort of coverage. Will post links once I do. :)

ETA: Should I share the post about landowners searching? Which do you think?

I think the land owners searching is the most important to get out.

I wish I was local.. I’m going to see if I can find a contact for McConnell and WSU criminology surely they have people who can volunteer to search

Who is the main contact for search group

If people are interested in searching, there is one group doing the more organized searches, I’d be happy to pass on that information. I think right now having homeowners checking their properties is the best way to help until we can get more targeted information. But I will be happy to ask for volunteers when we need them or get a list together of people to notify when we are organizing searches. Unfortunately because so many of the places we haven’t searched is private, we have to coordinate with homeowners and LE to make sure we are allowed to do so.

That’s an excellent question.

I have seen where the local LE and the Sheriff's Dept work together in case's and it seems unusual they are not. Unless WPD thinks it strictly falls under their jurisdiction. jmo

O/T but related as it shows experience with WPD EMCU

On a warm May day, going about my regularly scheduled activities I received a phone call. I don’t get many phone calls, and since it wasn’t a school number or a family member I sent it to voicemail. When I listened to the voicemail, my stomach completely sank. I listened to the message three times. It was a detective with WPD EMCU asking me to return his call ASAP. I even googled the name and number to see if it was a prank. This was my worst nightmare come to life. See, my son has severe autism and he is completely nonverbal. I’m freaking out in my mind, he’s wandered away from school and they lost him! (Mind you, what I have described just now took less time than it took me to write it, but it felt like a millennium).
I called the detective back. He tells me he is calling about my son. I’m glad I’m sitting or I might’ve fallen, my knees are weak, my hands are shaking, my voice breaks as I ask is he ok. The detective tells me something that makes me so happy I could sing- my son is fine! I am so relieved but now I am confused- why is he calling?
He tells me he is investigating a report made by a staff member at the school, on another staff member. That said person may have mistreated my son. That they saw the person twist his arm inappropriately and other things. He asks me has my son mentioned anything about anyone mistreating him? I started crying again- my second worst nightmare come to life. I told him as much - my son couldn’t tell me even if he wanted to. I am hyper vigilant with my son, I check him for marks and bruises daily, watch for changes in behavior because that is how he ‘talks’ to me.
The detective didn’t have the extent of his disabilities in his report, he said. The person who reported it to them, may not have that knowledge of my son and he wanted to speak with me before they approached the school. He told me he knew it was a hard thing to hear and we chatted for a bit. I remember him being so nice and comforting. I asked him to keep me appraised of developments as he was able.
When I got off the phone, I was a wreck. I called my husband, my family members, my friends, and I consulted an attorney friend of mine. He told me to just keep on the detective and make sure it didn’t get swept under the rug or forgotten.
I called to check in about once a month. No new updates to report each time but he was glad to hear from me.
Then, almost six months later to the day, I got a call. The person had been charged with 22 counts of abuse! And wouldn’t ever be allowed to work in the school system or with children again! I wasn’t provided their name though.
Shortly after this, they had an EMCU Q&A night at the school - there were several high profile cases in the news about the same time in the same district also. EMCU came to the school and answered many questions about their investigations, how thorough they are, what tools they use, how the testing especially takes awhile... they were amazing to hear.
I’ve told this to help provide some perspective. My son was well, he wasn’t missing, not a visible mark on him. The investigation took almost 6 months, and they had solid proof for every charge. Sure it was annoying and frustrating to hear ‘no new updates’ for almost six months. But the peace of mind I got, knowing someone is watching out for my son when I can’t, was worth the wait.
I pray every day that Lucas’ family can have that same sense of closure and the department doing their very best job for Lucas.

God bless you and yours, girl. And thank you for sharing. ((((hugzz))))

We don’t actually know what LE has as physical evidence and/or circumstantial evidence. She hasn’t been under this type of questioning, for any length of time, because remember, she chose to remain silent and requested a lawyer in the beginning. She waited till the last hour and had to obtain a court appointed. So really, in essence she hasn’t had to withstand hours of questioning and trying to tell her story forwards and backwards-rigorous lying, getting caught up, withstanding the pressure. She could get little time like you mentioned, but I’m hoping for the ace in the pocket by detectives and DA.

did EG accept a court appointed attorney? I saw her decline in a hearing video.

People like EG wear our friendships, aquaintences and family. That’s at least part of the reason she is still in jail. That and they figured out that LE has a strategy to keep her there.

She can’t be all that smart. Her story is one of the first scenarios law enforcement knows to be untrue statistically. I don’t understand monsters disguised as parents. I used to feel so bad when I spanked my kids when they absolutely deserved it. It did not happen very often, and the punishment definitely matched their infraction. ( the time my 5yo got into our Subaru when we were camping in Anchor Point, Alaska, started it and drive through a tent and into a tree. THE SECOND TIME THAT DAY. she is a 35yo wonderful soccer mom with 2 beautiful children, and yes she remembers clearly. But my kids were both very loved. Very loved.

I simply don’t understand the EMILY GLASSES of this world.

LE definitely had time with her prior to her arrest. And most of them have a pretty finely tuned educated sense when a person is lying. They had a few days to ask some very pointed questions as they might relate to Lucas’ disappearance. Never underestimate them. I firmly believe they are buying time in hopes he is found. I think we may find that out around the time of her next court appearance. And some evidence does take time to sort out and process.

Im beginning to honestly wonder if she had help.

First I want to thank you for your kind words -- I do want to clarify that I have not been searching. I am a local but have been unable to participate in the searches thus far. While I'm willing to once I'm able, I'm really hoping we don't have to wait that long to find him. Forgive me if I forget anyone, but I know ESO, RMT, n_6CC, kansasjason, ScarletLin, perfectingpink (and Mr. Pink) Royalsgal..... have been diligently searching -- thank you!

And Henry, GigTu, & PommyMommy have been feverishly working behind the scenes to help us locals and Lucas. PommyMommy and AnaPisces got the whole pizza box idea rolling -- PommyMommy bumped and set the ball so all I had to do was call a friend to spike it.

My point is -- we have a great team.. lots of little things each person can do within their abilities can get big things done. Let's find Lucas!

I think I can safely speak for PerfectingPink and I by saying the behind the scenes help, encouragement and support is what is keeping us going as we search....well get stuck in mud, pee in fields, get stalked by homeowners, open really stinky bags of rotting food, pick ticks off our clothes, get sunburned in seemingly well covered up areas, etc. I honestly could not do any of this on my own and Pink’s endless amount of energy is contagious (and should be bottled). So I hope all of you know how much your efforts are appreciated!

and FLA I have also shared the page that was created by you and FLA. You should start seeing the likes go up a lot. :)

Paddleboader I think I can speak from all of here we all care so much I think it breaks our hearts that Lucas hasn't been found.

Question? Why hasn't the Sheriff's Office from the county been involved in the search? If they have I apologize and I haven't noticed.

tia

SCSO has been working the case alongside WPD from the start
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201304694.html
ac30d8bebb00c0ee042fe8c81d0e54ec.jpg

did EG accept a court appointed attorney? I saw her decline in a hearing video.

People like EG wear our friendships, aquaintences and family. That’s at least part of the reason she is still in jail. That and they figured out that LE has a strategy to keep her there.

She can’t be all that smart. Her story is one of the first scenarios law enforcement knows to be untrue statistically. I don’t understand monsters disguised as parents. I used to feel so bad when I spanked my kids when they absolutely deserved it. It did not happen very often, and the punishment definitely matched their infraction. ( the time my 5yo got into our Subaru when we were camping in Anchor Point, Alaska, started it and drive through a tent and into a tree. THE SECOND TIME THAT DAY. she is a 35yo wonderful soccer mom with 2 beautiful children, and yes she remembers clearly. But my kids were both very loved. Very loved.

I simply don’t understand the EMILY GLASSES of this world.

Im beginning to honestly wonder if she had help.

She initially said she was going to hire an attorney at her court appearance Feb 26, then asked for a court appointed attorney the day before or day of her appearance on Mar 13.

WillenFan, (forgot the quote and don't know how to insert it now!)
Thank you for doing this. I will add them to the spreadsheet in the flyer thread. :great:

WillenFan, (forgot the quote and don't know how to insert it now!)
Thank you for doing this. I will add them to the spreadsheet in the flyer thread. :great:

Welcome! I also tweeted it on the GMW website acct as all the actors follow me on there and I tagged every signle one of them. Hoping we can get some RTs to it.

And I don't know why I didn't do that sooner. What a fail!

Perhaps a silent vigil needs to be held, with all the major (and not so major) local media aware and in attendance. My suggestion would be to have it in front of police headquarters. Carry signs -- "We can't hear you, WPD" -- and the photos of that poor bruised child. Flyers for passing cars, same shocking pictures, single question: What about Lucus?

Let their silence be DEAFENING.

Then, I think, they will remember Lucus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yappychappy