Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #14 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, much too quiet in here [emoji29]

I am trying to get as many businesses in Wichita, and surrounding areas on twitter to send flyers too and hopefully get them shared even further ����

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks so much for all you are doing to get the word out!

We still need EG to talk though, instead of all of the volunteer's doing her work. Ugg so frustrating!

In the meantime I do appreciate everything everyone is doing in the background. You all are great!

:yourock: All of you Rock!

Third time is a charm? In reviewing this timeline of the events in EGs life, the most major mistake I made is the affidavit she filed happened in 2017, not 2016.

I still think it is notable that she has a history of hitting a grown man in the face hard enough to leave marks.

February 2016, police were called to an apartment Hernandez was sharing at the time with Glass during an argument over a bar tab that Hernandez had paid, the report shows. Hernandez said Glass hit him in the face, but told officers he did not want to press charges because he didn't want her to go to jail, according to the report.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-bo...story-violent-fights-police/story?id=53274743
The police are called back later this night when JH is threatening to throw EGs stuff out.

April 2016 - ax handle/fight about sex assault incident, both arrested, EG charged, JH charges dropped

May2016? Pregnant. Public Facebook pic of ultrasound shows 18w 2d on Aug 11 2016

November 2016 altercation with JH visible injuries:. Later that year, on Nov. 8, 2016, police went to the apartment on South Webb after a report of a loud disturbance. An officer wrote in a report that he saw injuries on the side of Hernandez’s face where Hernandez said that Glass had slapped him. She admitted to pushing him.

Police noted that a child’s table, possibly a Ninja Turtle table, had been knocked over.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201455644.html

January 2017 baby is born

May 2017 Lucas has visible injuries to face and body

July 2017 files affidavit seeking changes to parenting time with older boys, notes visit to Chisolm Park in affidavit and She said she had lived for three years at an apartment at #### S. Webb and was planning to move to New Mexico or Colorado for health reasons and for her fiance’s job.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html

October 2017 EG uses prior 2.5 years of "care" for Lucas as an example to gain parenting time with older boys

November 2017 Lucas is still being abused per FB timeline

December 2017 EG is napping with JH, her live-in BF, and neither one remembers to pick Lucas up from school, when someone finally gets there EG accuses JO, who arrived first, of hitting EG, but there are no visible injuries, per LE (see previous kansas.com)

February 4 2018 parenting time results in marks on older son's chest; noted as 2nd incident in 6 mos

Feb 7 move

Feb 9 JH back to work

Feb 11 parenting time

Feb 12 cat surrender

Feb 14 Valentine's Day

Feb 16 EG smoking & OG at 3:30pm, Lucas has been sick for approx 2 weeks, LL sees child home alone at 5:30pm, EG last known whereabouts at intersection near OG making phone call at 5:43pm.

February 17 2018 Lucas is reported missing @ 6:14pm, the weather has been nice but a winter storm is on the way

I would be happy to go to Atwood’s (farm/outdoor store) in Andover and hit the Feed and Seed in Augusta along with other businesses, that will hang a flyer there, if it hasn’t been done yet .
Feeling useless.........
ETA -spelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is ever useless especially the ones who are local to this case and trying so very hard to get everyone notified and up-to-speed. Hang tough it's got to be so frustrating.
:tyou:

I agree, much too quiet in here [emoji29]

I am trying to get as many businesses in Wichita, and surrounding areas on twitter to send flyers too and hopefully get them shared even further 🤞🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Please come on over to our Flyers for Lucas thread and add the businesses to our spreadsheet! That way you can see if they’ve already been contacted, we have a pretty extensive list going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking about how to help. I want to go back in time to help Lucas! :tantrum: So, maybe out-of-state folks, like me, take a step to help the local system struggling to save the next Lucas? I can try and dig for the right contacts if someone needs help.

Local women's shelters are one resource. They may need something as simple for us as donations. But the small comforts are a big deal to kids in shelter (a previously well-loved Spider Man "button book" for much older kids was my own toddler son's special something he treasured, years ago). See if they need boys toys and send Batman in honor of Lucas.

They need volunteers to help with all sorts of things, like babysitting for an hour or two in the evening for the kids so moms in all stages of leaving their abuser can attend a support group. Even counselors and folks to answer crisis lines.

Look into the training and time required and sign up to be a foster parent or guardian ad litem or big brother/big sister.

See if there is legislation languishing in the background and contact your lawmakers to let them know you care whether it passes. (This one is getting out of my league, but it is a thought.)

I am posting this here as well as the Flyers thread.

I constantly see comments like, “I wish I could help” “I hope he is found” “I can’t search” “Any searches this weekend?” “What can I do?” Information is scattered here, there and everywhere in regard to search efforts, fundraisers, the reward fund, etc. I believe there are people who genuinely want to help, but don’t know how.

One example: I went to the Crime Stoppers website and I don’t even see Lucas on there. http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/ There are a couple of posts about Lucas on the FB Crime Stoppers page, but the posts have now moved way down the page due to all the newer posts. If someone were interested in submitting a tip and wanted to know how much the reward is, where would they find it?

So, my thought is this: What if we develop a comprehensive list (maybe in the form of an attention-grabbing graphic) to be posted on the Facebook page as a pinned post, that details every way we can think of that people can help find Lucas? Random example here: http://camasridge.4j.lane.edu/10-reasons-to-get-involved-flyer/ And I love this one (with a photo of Lucas in the center): https://elearninginfographics.com/10-ways-to-make-everyday-earth-day/

Anyway, the graphic would include information like the following (and whatever else we can think of) all in one place, and wouldn’t disappear down the page. It would also be the first post seen on the page. (Please excuse this VERY rough draft, not complete or in any particular order):

HELP FIND LUCAS – 10 Ways you can help! or
10 ways YOU can help find Lucas! or
10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP BRING LUCAS HOME or…?

1. Volunteer to search – https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604302856350065/

2. <modsnip>

3. Search your property. [Tips for searching or link inserted here?] If you need help searching your property, contact: SearchingForLucas@gmail.com

4. Submit tips to Crime Stoppers
a. By phone: (316) 267-2111
b. Online: http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/

5. Submit tips to Wichita Police Department
a. By phone: (316) 268-4407
b. Online: ?

6. Do you live Wichita, KS (or surrounding area) and have a security camera? If so, please check your security footage for February 16 and 17, 2018. Unusual headlight activity&#8230;?

7. Donate to the Crime Stoppers reward fund here:

8. Support fundraisers that benefit the Crime Stoppers reward fund, for example:
· T Shirt<modsnip>
· Wristbands and Magnets<modsnip>

9. Help distribute flyers to businesses and property owners. See ____________ for more information.

10. Distribute flyers ONLINE, as well as any and all things LUCAS! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Use hashtag #TeamLucas

Thoughts anyone?

What about having a protest/vigil at the jail? Make signs demanding that EG give up Lucas's location? Demand that LE give up some information on Lucas and demand that they keep searching for him. That would definitely get some news publicity for Lucas and it will definitely be talked about inside the jail so EG would know what was going on. Maybe it would put some pressure on her?

I think some signs showing pics of Lucas's abuse wouldn't hurt either. Make people more aware of what Lucas was going through.

I think almost all the time when LE posts those updates and requests to keep an eye out, they're doing that for a child they believe had a good chance of being alive.

People are happy to help in that kind of request, they'll look at the faces of kids they see when they're out and about and mentally compare to the missing child. The public can't do that in a case where a child is likely to be deceased.

I was pretty grossed out by an early presser that I thought would include info on Lucas if it wasn't fully about Lucas. There was a long time setting it up while the camera was running, someone in the audience asked something like whether there would be something BIG said in the presser, oh yeah, very BIG. It was 85% stuff about other things going on in Wichita, and quite a light hearted feel to it. Near the end they said a few words about Lucas and I hit the off button in disgust.

That's about PR, that isn't about the investigation.

I agree with that maybe WPD could be doing more to get the word out about the public searching their own properties, farms, etc.

To be coldly frank, it's going to be hard for LE to make a plea to the public to help them search for a dead body.

Despite this, a lot of people seem to still be out there searching, with full knowledge of what they're likely to be looking for. (God bless them all!)

I think it's a tricky one. In the first few days, and it's been reiterated since, there were requests to call with any info on Lucas' whereabouts, but LE haven't really seemed to put out pictures of EG and clearly connected those pleas to her or her vehicle. They haven't really explained, as far as I can see, what kind of info they want people to call in with? They've clearly managed to get some information through the course of the investigation, for instance the child endangerment charge. I presume they've been doing a lot of investigative work behind the scenes, and I don't think I'm wrong in that because they do have the endangerment charge, and they have brought that charge instead of sitting on it and seeing it as "Let's not bring a a charge of smoking marijuana against a grieving caregiver of a young child who is missing".

Also I think for drawing people in that a mystery factor can be helpful. If LE can say they have a gap in their timeline and really need the help of the public to fill in that gap, I'd expect a few helpful calls to come in. People want to help, especially in a case with a young child. The question is, how can they really help in a case like this? Lots of people will go out searching in the first 48 hours when there's a chance in their mind of finding a scared and crying child. When a case turns to recovery it's normal for LE to say they don't really want the help of the public at this time, and if they do support a public search they're often worried about site contamination and LE seems to want to control where the public search takes place and maybe put that in lower probability areas while expert searchers go to the higher probability areas. I don't know that I personally have ever seen people out searching for a body of a child months down the line. This could be a one-off, a rare occurrence (it won't be necessary or optimum in most cases), but I think it's something LE might not be primed for, and the media probably aren't primed much better, though they can use these searches to give time/page space to a case.

What can the media do at this point in a case? Perhaps a plea for people to search property could go alongside a story with the timeline of Lucas and Emily, but maybe some parts of that might need expanding to flesh out the story, so maybe if they had someone they could talk to to create a fuller inside story of the disappearance of Lucas Hernandez, and that would get the eyeballs in, and attach to that what the public can do at this point? The local media do seem to be trying to keep on top of this story about Lucas, and I think they are the key ones to focus on, as opposed to national media.

For a lot of the public this case at this point in time will not catch their attention once they are aware that it's unlikely to be a random abduction, but that's okay for most of them because most of the public probably can't do anything to help if they're too far out of the area or unable to go help with practical search efforts. But on the other hand in amongst that public you've got people who own properties, who were driving around that night, people who own businesses and can put up flyers if they understand there's still public desire and need for answers.

If you want to solve a problem, the first step is to fully assess the problem. And that is what my post is aimed at, getting people to think about the nature of the problem.

I'm with you on WPD addressing the public once again and emphasizing the need for private landowners to search. They can also emphasize that help is available through a search group, should these landowners wish to utilize them rather than LE (I can see someone with a recreational garden variety hesitating to invite anyone on to their property, for instance). They need to give the phone numbers again. Charley Davidson (or Chief Ramsey?)--someone needs to look directly at the camera and make it personal. The public needs to see that WPD is still very much invested in finding Lucas.

While I think we'd all love something new to chew on -- such as a timeline gap like you suggested -- I think LE has to be careful in tipping their hand. What if they do have a gap but they're telling EG they've got her locked down? Is there a way they can state they need more information in a particular area? I think they almost have to take what tips they can get and sort through them. However, I think they could acknowledge what is "given," such as confirmed timeline pieces (clear up rumors), what EG drove, etc.

My concern on tips is this: most people now have heard of stories where LE uses cell pings, cameras, computer searches, and other technology. My worry is that people become complacent, assuming LE will figure something out or already have figured something out. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had in my lifetime that involved someone NOT wanting to call in a tip on something because "What if it's nothing?" or "What if I'm wrong?" I'm talking about people who have mentioned noticing something that made them question someone's involvement in a case --this car looks like the one in the poster, or so-n-so looks like that sketch -- it's good enough for conversation, but there's a hesitance in calling in a tip.

We do need SOMETHING resembling a presser from SOMEONE. LE can do a lot to clear up rumors. I've heard so many stupid rumors about that conspiracy piece. I've heard people insist that they feel certain Lucas is alive and well and we should leave it alone. LE can do what they can within their constraints, but they need to SAY something!

My other thought -- we can certainly try to get JH and JO out to do another appeal. What if, instead (or in addition to), we had other family talking about Lucas? I think it was tnith that said we need more out there to personalize this case beyond the pictures. Would the family who cared for Lucas when he was younger be willing to do a story, or FLA--anyone that can tell us stories about Lucas? Could we get someone local to do a series over a few days and on Facebook? Tell us stories and help us get to know him better -- if possible, share home video. Ask the public to help in finding answers and bringing him home -- appeal to anyone's wish for the same should they ever have to endure the disappearance of someone they love.

Thoughts?

I am posting this here as well as the Flyers thread.

I constantly see comments like, &#8220;I wish I could help&#8221; &#8220;I hope he is found&#8221; &#8220;I can&#8217;t search&#8221; &#8220;Any searches this weekend?&#8221; &#8220;What can I do?&#8221; Information is scattered here, there and everywhere in regard to search efforts, fundraisers, the reward fund, etc. I believe there are people who genuinely want to help, but don&#8217;t know how.

One example: I went to the Crime Stoppers website and I don&#8217;t even see Lucas on there. http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/ There are a couple of posts about Lucas on the FB Crime Stoppers page, but the posts have now moved way down the page due to all the newer posts. If someone were interested in submitting a tip and wanted to know how much the reward is, where would they find it?

So, my thought is this: What if we develop a comprehensive list (maybe in the form of an attention-grabbing graphic) to be posted on the Facebook page as a pinned post, that details every way we can think of that people can help find Lucas? Random example here: http://camasridge.4j.lane.edu/10-reasons-to-get-involved-flyer/ And I love this one (with a photo of Lucas in the center): https://elearninginfographics.com/10-ways-to-make-everyday-earth-day/

Anyway, the graphic would include information like the following (and whatever else we can think of) all in one place, and wouldn&#8217;t disappear down the page. It would also be the first post seen on the page. (Please excuse this VERY rough draft, not complete or in any particular order):

HELP FIND LUCAS &#8211; 10 Ways you can help! or
10 ways YOU can help find Lucas! or
10 WAYS YOU CAN HELP BRING LUCAS HOME or&#8230;?

1. Volunteer to search &#8211; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1604302856350065/

2. Support the search effort with donations (Search teams have expenses such as gas money for ATV&#8217;s, cases of water, drones, cadaver dogs, etc.) <modsnip>

3. Search your property. [Tips for searching or link inserted here?] If you need help searching your property, contact: SearchingForLucas@gmail.com

4. Submit tips to Crime Stoppers
a. By phone: (316) 267-2111
b. Online: http://www.wichitasedgwickcountycrimestoppers.com/

5. Submit tips to Wichita Police Department
a. By phone: (316) 268-4407
b. Online: ?

6. Do you live Wichita, KS (or surrounding area) and have a security camera? If so, please check your security footage for February 16 and 17, 2018. Unusual headlight activity&#8230;?

7. Donate to the Crime Stoppers reward fund here:

8. Support fundraisers that benefit the Crime Stoppers reward fund, for example:
· T Shirt<modsnip>
· Wristbands and Magnets<modsnip>

9. Help distribute flyers to businesses and property owners. See ____________ for more information.

10. Distribute flyers ONLINE, as well as any and all things LUCAS! Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Use hashtag #TeamLucas

Thoughts anyone?

Great ideas! I especially love the ones that line out how "YOU" can help -- people often feel overwhelmed by the entirety of a situation and feel they can't do anything, so anything answering the question "What can I do?" is awesome!!

I think one of the most beneficial things that LE could do right now is let the public know if there are any suspects who have been cleared. That might help squash some rumors that have been floating around out there. On the other hand, even if LE states this, people probably still won't listen. LE has already said that this isn't an abduction and that Lucas didn't just walk out of the house but people still think an abduction happened. Imo. I have wondered about the Brewer family maybe helping? Has anyone tried contacting them? The grandfather of Evan Brewer is in congress or something like that isn't he? Maybe he would be willing to spread the word about landowners checking property and maybe getting something out in the news. Just a thought.

:grouphug:
I'm with you on WPD addressing the public once again and emphasizing the need for private landowners to search. They can also emphasize that help is available through a search group, should these landowners wish to utilize them rather than LE (I can see someone with a recreational garden variety hesitating to invite anyone on to their property, for instance). They need to give the phone numbers again. Charley Davidson (or Chief Ramsey?)--someone needs to look directly at the camera and make it personal. The public needs to see that WPD is still very much invested in finding Lucas.

While I think we'd all love something new to chew on -- such as a timeline gap like you suggested -- I think LE has to be careful in tipping their hand. What if they do have a gap but they're telling EG they've got her locked down? Is there a way they can state they need more information in a particular area? I think they almost have to take what tips they can get and sort through them. However, I think they could acknowledge what is "given," such as confirmed timeline pieces (clear up rumors), what EG drove, etc.

My concern on tips is this: most people now have heard of stories where LE uses cell pings, cameras, computer searches, and other technology. My worry is that people become complacent, assuming LE will figure something out or already have figured something out. I can't tell you how many conversations I've had in my lifetime that involved someone NOT wanting to call in a tip on something because "What if it's nothing?" or "What if I'm wrong?" I'm talking about people who have mentioned noticing something that made them question someone's involvement in a case --this car looks like the one in the poster, or so-n-so looks like that sketch -- it's good enough for conversation, but there's a hesitance in calling in a tip.

We do need SOMETHING resembling a presser from SOMEONE. LE can do a lot to clear up rumors. I've heard so many stupid rumors about that conspiracy piece. I've heard people insist that they feel certain Lucas is alive and well and we should leave it alone. LE can do what they can within their constraints, but they need to SAY something!

My other thought -- we can certainly try to get JH and JO out to do another appeal. What if, instead (or in addition to), we had other family talking about Lucas? I think it was tnith that said we need more out there to personalize this case beyond the pictures. Would the family who cared for Lucas when he was younger be willing to do a story, or FLA--anyone that can tell us stories about Lucas? Could we get someone local to do a series over a few days and on Facebook? Tell us stories and help us get to know him better -- if possible, share home video. Ask the public to help in finding answers and bringing him home -- appeal to anyone's wish for the same should they ever have to endure the disappearance of someone they love.

Thoughts?
Great post! Anyone with NextDoor app has surely been active in getting this info out I would hope.
Still digesting all the things you have covered here.:thinking:
:moo:

I think one of the most beneficial things that LE could do right now is let the public know if there are any suspects who have been cleared. That might help squash some rumors that have been floating around out there. On the other hand, even if LE states this, people probably still won't listen. LE has already said that this isn't an abduction and that Lucas didn't just walk out of the house but people still think an abduction happened. Imo. I have wondered about the Brewer family maybe helping? Has anyone tried contacting them? The grandfather of Evan Brewer is in congress or something like that isn't he? Maybe he would be willing to spread the word about landowners checking property and maybe getting something out in the news. Just a thought.

bbm

This made me think what about local congress representative's in the area. Maybe contacting them to help get the word out. Or contacting City Council and let them know the disappointment in LE not spreading the word about locating Lucas. Put some pressure on the power's above. jmo moo

OT kind of. I just came from a Dr appointment at the hospital in another town. While going to my car on the row in front of me is a black car with a big emblem of Batman on the hood. Made me tear up and think of Lucas. I would have taken a picture but I didn't want someone to think I was up to something and it was close to the front door where there is a lot of activity.

Sending the bat signal for Lucas!

What about having a protest/vigil at the jail? Make signs demanding that EG give up Lucas's location? Demand that LE give up some information on Lucas and demand that they keep searching for him. That would definitely get some news publicity for Lucas and it will definitely be talked about inside the jail so EG would know what was going on. Maybe it would put some pressure on her?

I think Lucas is still being talked about as there seems to be some sort of story about him at least once a week. My opinion is the biggest problem is anyone who has a camera op associated with the media reports, has not said what needs to be done which is property owners need to search their property.

Just listened to the NG podcast.

PB, you did an amazing job explaining everything. I am so glad you are here for Lucas. :heartbeat:

I am a little disappointed that there's no new info, BUT, people that aren't on here with us got a TON of new info, so that's something!

I'm just glad we got the word out a bit more for Lucas. He needs all the help he can get.

I think Lucas is still being talked about as there seems to be some sort of story about him at least once a week. My opinion is the biggest problem is anyone who has a camera op associated with the media reports, has not said what needs to be done which is property owners need to search their property.

This post ^ and the one about people being confused as to who is an actual suspect and whether or not LE believe there was an abduction.

Are people 30 miles out going to be searching their properties or thinking about odd sounds or a car parked at the side of a country road on the night of the 16th if they think Lucas was abducted on the 17th and taken to New York, Texas, or Alaska?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem