Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we think a PI will bring to the case at this point? This is not a cold case; it's an open and active investigation. One person is already in jail in connection to this case. We have no reason to think that LE has stopped looking for Lucas. Texas Equusearch has said they plan to return to Wichita if needed.

I'm not against the idea of a PI, but I don't understand why now is the time to hire one. LE isn't going to be able to share much at this point since the investigation is open and active.
I think it is because the parties looking to hire the PI are hopeful the PI will find a different person of interest because the hiring parties don't want to believe the direction LE's investigation is likely headed.

Just thinking out loud...

Honestly, that makes me feel better. Actually a lot better.

Not me. He has said he would welcome her back with open arms. So what if this raised $5000 and they bonded her out? I don’t feel good about it at all. IMO JC is a snake in the grass, and if she has control of the money collected then how can anyone trust that it would go to find Lucas? She’s inserted herself into this case, apparently, and that sends my hinky meter right off the scale when it comes to this account. Imagine if they bonded EG out, they couldn’t monitor conversations she had. They would lose any chance of hearing her possibly slip up. All JMO.

Have we lost our way a bit and gone astray? I haven’t seen much about finding LUCAS. the is secondary, although very interesting. It might be good to think about what EG And her lawyer might try on the 16th.

They will either raise the money or they won’t. And as in other cases LE can be asked to intervene. Getting back to Lucas and finding him might be good.

What do you think her lawyer will do on the 16th?

I’m wondering if he’s going to bring up her pregnancy to try to get her released.

Taking this back to the investigation. Did the police ever use cadaver dogs at the house or in eg’s car? I can’t remember. I know they had search dogs, if I remember correctly but I’m wondering if cadaver dogs were actually taken to the house/car to check things out?

Sounds like Billie Jean Dunn (Hailey Dunn's mother). She was famously quoted after Hailey disappeared as saying, "Every day they don't find Hailey is a good day for me."

Hailey was eventually found, deceased, but to this day no one has been arrested for her murder.

I have always wondered about that quote, but I would never be able to sift thru all the threads, so, totally O/T, how did this statement come to be? And did police not find that awfully suspicious?

Thank you for this times a million. Exactly the words I want to type but can’t because I’m ticked off that I even have to go there- I can’t imagine how failed Lucas felt when he was telling members of his family that EG was mean to him, threw water on him, and was constantly walking around looking like a gosh darn punching bag!!!! I’m sorry but some of those bruises LH has in pictures are some of the worst I’ve seen in a case like this!!! I’m baffled that JH never ever ever caught onto this no matter how much he was away. I believe he knew and turned the cheek! HE FAILED HIS SON!!!!! The only one traumatized was Lucas - (and maybe even EG’s sons after the allegations about JH) let’s think of this- even when LH wasn’t being abused he was watching an abusive relationship!!!! That’s bad enough!

Also, when LH wasn't being abused he was walking on eggs wondering when the hammer would come down. Every day he lived with the fear that he might say or do something that would set his abuser off. It shouldn't hurt to be a kid, and even the kid knows that. But when they reach out for help and no help comes, it's a struggle to get through each day hoping they won't be hit, kicked, punched or whatever.

I know Dad had to work and I know that good jobs are often hard to find and sometimes you are forced to take what is available. But JH knew how life was for his little boy and imo, he should have done more to protect him and if his job paid so well that it justified being away from his family for long periods of time, he was able to hire proper child care.

I have always wondered about that quote, but I would never be able to sift thru all the threads, so, totally O/T, how did this statement come to be? And did police not find that awfully suspicious?

I think in Billie Jean’s drug addled mind, she felt that if Hailey wasn’t found, that meant Hailey might still be alive, but that is not the way LE or the public took it. But it wasn’t just that quote in isolation. It was also because Billie Jean went on Nancy Grace less than 2 weeks after Hailey disappeared and showed off her repainted living room and Hailey’s remodeled bedroom. She had her hair done and was practically giddy. She also said numerous times that she wouldn’t look for Hailey because she couldn’t bear the thought of looking through fields. Meanwhile, Hailey’s dad was traveling all over Texas looking for Hailey. There’s so much more, but the quote was just one of those “I can’t believe she said that” moments. Except we all could believe it coming from Billie Jean.

But nearly 8 years later, still no arrests for Hailey’s murder.

What do you think her lawyer will do on the 16th?

I’m wondering if he’s going to bring up her pregnancy to try to get her released.
Will you see if you have a message from me? I have oldshysmers tonight.

I significantly snipped and bolded this article...

https://www.wxhc.com/?p=37015

A few thoughts...

First....the pattern is obvious, JH and EG had a volatile relationship. But notice, for some reason in Feb 2016 he didn't want her to go to jail. Why, I wonder. And why does he want her out and why would he welcome her home?

Second... the 'sexual assault' mentioned during the ax handle argument. Was the actual sexual assault reported to police? What do we know about this assault...can that be discussed here?

Third...are we sure the 1 year old is actually JH's child?

Fourth...am I totally crazy in thinking (100% speculation here) that perhaps JH and EG had an arrangement we wouldn't know about/understand where he was okay with her doing...let's say favors for friends...to feed their drug supply?
I don't think we have any reason to think he was on drugs. Especially in his line of work, they drug test regularly.

I don't think we have any reason to think he was on drugs. Especially in his line of work, they drug test regularly.

I agree. I don’t think JH was on drugs. It’s almost scarier to me, though, that he makes so many bad decisions while completely sober. His judgment is not good.

I'm feeling that even tho we can sleuth JH somewhat, we still need to view him as a victim. He has lost his children and his mate. Just because we don't feel he should be backing EG doesn't mean this guy isn't hurting like crazy! Can you imagine waking up everyday to this nightmare? I know he should have gotten LH away from EG. But I'll bet he never dreamed in a million years it would come down to all of this! jmo
I agree. I want to feel like I dislike the guy, but unless there's some serious mental illness going on, no one hopes to end up in his shoes. And hindsight is 20/20. We don't really know how things were from inside his life before this, and maybe things became more obvious to him, and now he is supportive of EG because she is carrying his child, and he wants to do right by the kids that are left. I would like to think I would react differently than he is in this situation, but I've never been anywhere near a situation like this, so I can't say with certainty how he should react. Everyone is different under sorrow, stress, fear...all the emotions he is having every day. Until I can see he actually knew/contributed to this situation or knew it was going to get as horrible as it did, I will let him be a victim.

She is essentially a nobody as far as Lucas is involved. She inserted herself into the case a couple of weeks after Lucas disappeared. She was very anti-EG before that. Now she is JH's right hand man. So it's been said. (I'm back on page 9 and I wasn't sure if someone already answered you)
Where are you getting this info from? I felt like FLA's post about this person made it sound as if she was known to the family, perhaps even a relative of some sort. Did I misinterpret that?

<b> EDIT: FLA replied, and Kuyluc's statement was accurate that this person is not at all related, and wasn't known by the family prior to her involving herself in the case. </b>

It was stated before that since EG had just gotten visitation rights to her older kids back, that she couldn't move away from the area or she wouldn't be able to see them. I am guessing myself that this is the only reason why she stayed in Wichita with Lucas and the baby.
Most of the oil field jobs are this way, and the families don't move with them. Hence the long stretch of days off. Plus, the jobs move on a consistent basis, so you'd always be uprooting your family, and the guys don't generally live in a house there. More like campers/trailers. It's not unusual at all that JH's family didn't go with him, even if a permanent position.

Where are you getting this info from? I felt like FLA's post about this person made it sound as if she was known to the family, perhaps even a relative of some sort. Did I misinterpret that?

Perhaps tag FLA or PB (I can't from my phone)? I too would like to know the answer to this but it could very well violate TOS. Not quite sure how that works with the VIs.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

RSBM

Agreed.
It would be nice to see some links, if this information was in msm.

There is no link to this person on MSM. But she is ALL over SM if you'd like to take a look. I have screenshots galore of things this woman has said. Unfortunately, we can't share that here. As for JC visiting EG, I don't understand what you are needing me to explain to you? Does the fact that JC didn't know EG or JH before Lucas' disappearance somehow imply to you that she is unable to visit? JC's name has never been mentioned. If we are going to talk about her, the only links would be from FB and I wouldn't even know where to begin. It's probably better that you go look a little yourselves.

Your math looks good to me. Why do they need an extra $3,000?

3.9% of $28k is $812

The other part depends on what you plug in for the total number of donations. I plugged in an average £5 donation

28k/5 = 5600 * 0.3 = $1680

$1680 + $812 = $2492

And this would be taxable income, so the extra £500 could go toward paying taxes or some other cost? And if the average donation turned out to be less than $5, then it could end up costing $28k to make the £25k retainer.

I believe it would make no sense to raise money to pay her $5k bond. The da is holding the second child endangerment in abayence if that should occur.

I hope the judge eill simply take the easy way out and continue the matter as Long as possible.

She’s locked up for a very good reason. And she was pretty stupid to tell LE that she used (and drove on a limited license) while she had any children she was entirely responsible for. At that moment she also jeopardized getting her boys back in the near future.

I have a great amount of faith in LE and our justice system. Her family isn’t coming to her rescue very fast and are letting her sit. Knowing that she is pregnant.

And to be honest a judge is going to err on the side of caution to keep that unborn child safe. And drug free. I would be very surprised to see her out for months.

I wonder if they turned the rental back to the landlord. I would imagine money’s tight for JH now bebause he had to go back to work. They probably live paycheck to paycheck which is something I haven’t done for 29 years, but I sue can remember the stress of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KiKi_T