Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There may not be now, but the audit in 2010 found that monetary incentives for keeping kids in foster care was present. Here is a document with links to all audits since 2000 and it speaks to the concerns within the agency over that time period as well as notes the reduction of 5 private foster contract providers to 2 across the state. It’s quite the rabbit hole to delve into.
http://www.kslegresearch.org/KLRD-w...ysTF/SmryFosterCare-LPA-Rpts_2000-present.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't get the links within the link you provided to work for me. Also I couln't find 2010?

I believe his schedule for most of last year was 40 days on and 20 days off.

The 20/10 schedule was fairly new.

Oh! Good to know! So he was trying to be home more.

I'm assuming JH works in the oil industry where there is fracking going on. Please correct me if I am wrong. I've been to these site in North Dakota and Texas. Where I went the workers were pretty tough hard working men. They worked many hours and the living arrangements were poor as there weren't enough accommodations. Many men had families living far away. Most of these men made pretty good money. They worked many days straight and then had several days off in a row so they could go see their families. This is not an easy life imo. Not easy for the worker and not easy for the family.
I suspect EG was lonely and resentful of JH being gone so long. I don't know if she is a jealous woman or an untrusting one but these areas are known for another business being in high demand and readily available. It's rampant in these areas. I wonder if this was a constant subject of heated arguments between them when JH was gone and that's when she took it out on Lucas.

An attorney can file subpoenas and obtain any information necessary. But that’s in the course of a legal proceeding and a judge can rule that while DCF May have to provide it can also keep anything under seal.

I'm assuming JH works in the oil industry where there is fracking going on. Please correct me if I am wrong. I've been to these site in North Dakota and Texas. Where I went the workers were pretty tough hard working men. They worked many hours and the living arrangements were poor as there weren't enough accommodations. Many men had families living far away. Most of these men made pretty good money. They worked many days straight and then had several days off in a row so they could go see their families. This is not an easy life imo. Not easy for the worker and not easy for the family.
I think EG was lonely and resentful of JH being gone so long. I don't know if she is a jealous woman or an untrusting one but these areas are known for another business being in high demand and readily available. It's rampant in these areas. I wonder if this was a constant subject of heated arguments between them when JH was gone and that's when she took it out on Lucas.

When in Alaska most people I know worked oil field. Accommodations were fairly nice considering conditions(cold). Good meals gym facilities housekeeping etc. with the recent downturn in Alaska’s economy housekeeping and meal quality has decreased but overall the money and housing meals provides a good work environment.

The guys that are working long term are tough they have to be, but the family sacrifices provide a good salary and after a couple years can provide upwards of $80 to $100 k per year. I don’t think the lower 48 provides the same salary but it’s still good work and families get ahead. The one good thing I can offer is that JH had to be dedicated to improving the life of his family.

With the time away or the work schedule oil field work is also rife with domestic violence alcoholism and drug abuse. But employers have a zero tolerance for failed drug tests. You fail you’re on the next plane home. They can’t afford the liability. Ever. People die when mistakes happen on the north slope if Alaska or on a rig in Cook Inlet.

In light of the information that EG told JH that Lucas was with JO on Valentine’s Day, I’m wondering if we should expand the flyer campaign to include the areas south of Wichita to the Oklahoma border. I also remember mentioning that EG was familiar (or at least had visited) the Oklahoma Badlands, which is near the Oklahoma border. JO lived in Oklahoma. Any feedback is appreciated. TIA

ETA: Areas such as Belle Plaine, Riverdale, Wellington, South Haven...

I can't get the links within the link you provided to work for me. Also I couln't find 2010?

Apologies, the audit was released in 2011
http://www.kslpa.org/media/files/reports/media/files/temp/r-11-011.pdf

There are other articles for that time period where family court judges raised similar concerns.
To access the other years I did a google search ‘kslpa foster care audit (year)’ I don’t know why the links within the document aren’t working now they did earlier this morning. So strange.

In light of the information that EG told JH that Lucas was with JO on Valentine’s Day, I’m wondering if we should expand the flyer campaign to include the areas south of Wichita to the Oklahoma border. I also remember mentioning that EG was familiar (or at least had visited) the Oklahoma Badlands, which is near the Oklahoma border. JO lived in Oklahoma. Any feedback is appreciated. TIA

Has the places that are familiar with Emily been talked about or searched? I only ask cause he could be close to her childhood home?

Has the places that are familiar with Emily been talked about or searched? I only ask cause he could be close to her childhood home?

Not saying where she grew up. But maybe her old stomping grounds?

I suspect EG was lonely and resentful of JH being gone so long. I don't know if she is a jealous woman or an untrusting one but these areas are known for another business being in high demand and readily available. It's rampant in these areas. I wonder if this was a constant subject of heated arguments between them when JH was gone and that's when she took it out on Lucas.

JMO, but I think EG found ways to deal with her loneliness and would probably have excuses or reasons when she couldn’t be reached by phone.

Talked about, yes. I don't know about searched because the searches are being conducted behind the scenes. I would assume so, but have no way of knowing for certain.

IMO

When in Alaska most people I know worked oil field. Accommodations were fairly nice considering conditions(cold). Good meals gym facilities housekeeping etc. with the recent downturn in Alaska’s economy housekeeping and meal quality has decreased but overall the money and housing meals provides a good work environment.

The guys that are working long term are tough they have to be, but the family sacrifices provide a good salary and after a couple years can provide upwards of $80 to $100 k per year. I don’t think the lower 48 provides the same salary but it’s still good work and families get ahead. The one good thing I can offer is that JH had to be dedicated to improving the life of his family.

With the time away or the work schedule oil field work is also rife with domestic violence alcoholism and drug abuse. But employers have a zero tolerance for failed drug tests. You fail you’re on the next plane home. They can’t afford the liability. Ever. People die when mistakes happen on the north slope if Alaska or on a rig in Cook Inlet.

Alaska is a totally different scenario because they've dealt with this for decades and ironed these problems out long ago. In other areas where the fracking is newer companies have gone in and built "man camps" to provide housing. But until the "man camps" are completed housing is scarce and very expensive. I've been to N. Dakota and Texas looking into this for this exact reason. Until these "man camps" are available living conditions consist of row after row of campers or small trailers without the conveniences of an established area.

Alaska is a totally different scenario because they've dealt with this for decades and ironed these problems out long ago. In other areas where the fracking is newer companies have gone in and built "man camps" to provide housing. But until the "man camps" are completed housing is scarce and very expensive. I've been to N. Dakota and Texas looking into this for this exact reason.

Man Camp in Texas

https://apps.texastribune.org/shale-life/life-in-a-man-camp/

JMO, but I think EG found ways to deal with her loneliness and would probably have excuses or reasons when she couldn’t be reached by phone.

As you know we have suspected this on here and that maybe Lucas witnessed something. :tears:

Jonathan sent it to me in a message this afternoon when I asked what time he arrived back to Wichita. I believe he was frustrated that I was questioning him again. He said about 25 people had verified where he was.

“And just so theres no speculation about it, they gave me 1 slice of cold pizza at 2pm.”

Thank you for this PB. I'm sure LH is frustrated with all of the questions and speculation about him but he must understand (I hope) that we all just want Lucas to be found and are trying to understand what happened to cause his precious little boy to disappear. I wont bring up the pizza again because it's neither here nor there in solving anything but different things stand out to different people and this stood out to me. I have thankfully never walked in his shoes but doubt I would remember what I ate or what time it was in the midst of what was going on at that time. It really doesnt matter what i think or how I think. All that matters to me now is that Lucas is found and justice served.

Apologies, the audit was released in 2011
http://www.kslpa.org/media/files/reports/media/files/temp/r-11-011.pdf

There are other articles for that time period where family court judges raised similar concerns.
To access the other years I did a google search ‘kslpa foster care audit (year)’ I don’t know why the links within the document aren’t working now they did earlier this morning. So strange.

You and I are reading to very different reports because it clearly says there is no correlation between how long or how many children are put in foster care and the fees that were paid. The state of Kansas, as many other states, use privatized foster care providers because they don’t have enough resources to do so. There was not any talk of incentives or bonus, only is how they structure their fee schedules. These agencies aren’t for profit, no one gets rich of this. The concerns judges had and have had, were that private agencies who charges the least would be favored and there was harder time with oversight of the financial side of things.

I took a screenshot of the report findings which clearly say fees paid did not affect how long a child stays in foster care longer than needed.

eea20895c35b5fa8bb75ebd1072e9575.jpg

You and I are reading to very different reports because it clearly says there is no correlation between how long or how many children are put in foster care and the fees that were paid. The state of Kansas, as many other states, use privatized foster care providers because they don’t have enough resources to do so. There was not any talk of incentives or bonus, only is how they structure their fee schedules. These agencies aren’t for profit, no one gets rich of this. The concerns judges had and have had, were that private agencies who charges the least would be favored and there was harder time with oversight of the financial side of things.

I took a screenshot of the report findings which clearly say fees paid did not affect how long a child stays in foster care longer than needed.

eea20895c35b5fa8bb75ebd1072e9575.jpg

These two photos show that fostering vs adopting fostering is incentivized where adopting is disincentivized. As well as states the providers received amounts over the costs per child per month.
1ac4d8601a20a0a5d3513ec6cdfaf3f6.jpg
b647d296e52a4de3069c0a7533855621.jpg

Also it says in the report that looking at long term fosters wasn’t done.

Maybe not ‘getting rich’ but at the minimum amount estimated ($140 per month per child) and estimate 6,000 children in the system that’s $840,000 overage per month.

I'm back to thinking maybe JH wasn't fully aware of all the abuse EG was performing on Lucas. This makes better sense to me. He was gone for long periods of time. EG could have told him anything she dreamed up and he was in the position of having to take her word for it. I know many parents that have and do smack their kids upside the head occasionally for discipline. Not beat them, but give them a smack. Maybe JH thought that was the extent of it and other bruises were the result of being a boy, a kid.

I hope and pray JH was unaware.
I also would greatly appreciate any followup he could possibly give us...tho he really owes US nothing IMHO.
We have who is acting as a liaison and that's more than good enough for me.
I'm like everyone else.
I just want Lucas home in whatever fashion that may be. :(

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads