Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Months already..where are you sweet Lucas ??

My older children, I could tell you what style they normally wear but I couldn’t tell you what they wore TODAY. Youngest I dress so I could tell you what he’s got on. Considering they’re usually gone without me seeing them, maybe I need to start insisting on a daily selfie...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O/T
I worked retail sales for one of the larger wireless carriers when camera phones first hit the market. This was actually a selling tactic management wanted us to use (strange as that sounds) to get new & existing customers to buy/upgrade to one: take a picture each day of what your child is wearing in case they were to come up missing. As a parent, I wasn't a fan, even though it did make sense.

Yes he had been absent for 8 days. But that still wouldn't be something they "always do" just because he was out of school for a few days. Also, they had just moved in to this house. I doubt anyone but the baby had much of a chance to take a nap. IMO. Also, saying that you always do a particular thing means that it is part of your daily routine. "We took a nap like we always do". That suggests a routine and with Lucas normally being in school those hours it makes me believe that laying down for a nap just wasn't something they always do. Of course this is just my opinion.
I agree. Seven days begins the habit. 21 days maintains the habit. My point, she made it a habit, however short-lasting, as a source of convenience. It seems like she was/is a creature of finding "easy" as a lifestyle. IMO

There is a case, now in trial phase, that reminds me of this tragic case here.

Aliayah Lunsford, was an adorable 3 yr old, that went missing and was never recovered. But people seemed to know from day one, that her abusive mother killed her.

Like Lucas, there were other children in the home, but she was the one that was scapegoated, and treated harshly and brutally. Both parents were in the home, but the husband was at work when the baby went missing. Both parents had a drug history .

The older sisters were 9 and 11 at the time they witnessed the tragic beating of their baby sister, and were taken along to the woods where her mother disposed of her. It took 5 years for them to be able to overcome their fears and tell the truth about what they witnessed. Poor girls were so scared and probably had PTSD.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ewis-Co-24-Sep-2011-14-*Trial-Underway*/page2

This case really makes me concerned for Lucas's situation. There are probably no witnesses who can come forward. I hope she cannot get away with this because of the lack of witness testimony.

Just curious why you think more charges would help solve the case?

More serious charges like Abduction would put the pressure on her that she would be facing some very serious jail/prison time if convicted and that may be enough scare into her for her to want to give up some information for some sort of deal on lesser charges or lesser possible prison sentence.

More serious charges like Abduction would put the pressure on her that she would be facing some very serious jail/prison time if convicted and that may be enough scare into her for her to want to give up some information for some sort of deal on lesser charges or lesser possible prison sentence.

I'm not quite following this. How could she be charged with abduction?

I'm not quite following this. How could she be charged with abduction?

LE would have to have more evidence that we are not aware of that she was responsible for his disappearance. Abduction is what is sometimes charged in cases like this where the body is not found.

If LE has other evidence from the phone logs or any video tapes that we are not aware of then maybe they would have enough to charge her with something like that.

I do think they need to charge her with something more serious to try to pressure her to talk. Its obvious the current charge of child endangerment which i think is just a misdemeanor is not enough to scare her.

JMO of course.

Please do not post links to unapproved sources, such as blogs. Stick to mainstream media, please.

If there are any questions, please PM a moderator before posting.

Not sure how the law applies when someone has left their child legally in the care of another that they live with, but the legal definition of abduction is very clear.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction
RSBM {Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force. Some jurisdictions also require that the abductee, the person abducted, be a child or that that the abductor intend to marry or defile the abductee or subject him or her to prostitution or concubinage. Parental abduction, a parent's abduction of his or her child, is a crime. Although the terms abduction and kidnapping are, at times, used interchangeably, kidnapping is narrower, generally requiring the threat or use of force.}:thinking:

I am not understanding. If EG is ever charged for Lucas, it will be an entirely different case. Wouldn't it be a different attorney?

Not necessarily. It depends on how the DA applies the charges. They could, for example, add charges and all be taken into one trial. Or the DA could open a completely different case and it be separate trials. And then it’s up to the judge on whether to keep current counsel assigned across the board or to assign new counsel. The attorney could file a motion to withdraw as counsel but it would have to be a better reason than ‘because I don’t want to represent her’.

Not sure how the law applies when someone has left their child legally in the care of another that they live with, but the legal definition of abduction is very clear.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction
RSBM {Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force. Some jurisdictions also require that the abductee, the person abducted, be a child or that that the abductor intend to marry or defile the abductee or subject him or her to prostitution or concubinage. Parental abduction, a parent's abduction of his or her child, is a crime. Although the terms abduction and kidnapping are, at times, used interchangeably, kidnapping is narrower, generally requiring the threat or use of force.}:thinking:

My ex husband was charged with abduction and kidnapping for molesting our daughter in both Ohio and Pennsylvania. (This went on for 7 years over two states without my knowledge) It was explained to me that by him not allowing her to leave her room while he was in there molesting her was considered both abduction and kidnapping. He was convicted in both states for quite a few sex crimes in addition to kidnapping and terroristic threats.

Why would you want to give her a reduced sentence???? She deserves the maximum...

What set her free to hurt another child???

Let me put it this way. The man who murdered (tortured) my sister was out of jail 9 days from threatening to slash a 13 year olds throat...
He made sure he slashed my sisters.

5 times.
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Why would you want to give her a reduced sentence???? She deserves the maximum...

Let me put it this way. The man who murdered (tortured) my sister was out of jail 9 days from threatening to slash a 13 year olds throat...

5 times.

Please keep in mind that Lucas is still missing. IF she is ever charged with anything related to his disappearance or death, I imagine the prosecutors would consult with Lucas’ family to see if they would be willing to accept a plea deal in exchange for her giving up the location of his body.

I don’t think anyone wants the person responsible for Lucas’ disappearance or possible death to get a light sentence. It’s often a difficult decision that families are forced to make if their loved one isn’t located and presumed deceased.

5 times.

I can’t click on the thanks because it turns into a heart and I don’t want to heart that story. I do want to give you a hug tho. I am so so sorry your sister had to endure such an awful end and that your family has been through so much getting justice for her. [emoji17][emoji174]

I can’t click on the thanks because it turns into a heart and I don’t want to heart that story. I do want to give you a hug tho. I am so so sorry your sister had to endure such an awful end and that your family has been through so much getting justice for her. [emoji17][emoji174]

Im very sorry that your sister was murdered. I can’t imagine. My heart goes out to you for your endurance, perseverance and determination. You’re a hero just for surviving and sharing her story.

Another day and no info and no Lucas.
This is excruciating to us....but a million times more so to his family who needs him home.
We are all hoping and praying and doing whatever we can, local and not.
Prayers especially for the safety, health and well-being of the searchers on the ground.
May tomorrow bring news.
Chi:candle:

Another thing that struck me there, is FLA said he attended afternoon pre-k which is from 1-4:30 I believe so, when were they ‘always’ taking a nap? EG said in the interview they took a nap like they always do...

Well, that sentence to me has always been very telling. “Taking a nap, like we always do”. I am sure she did nap when the baby slept-mine always took afternoon naps, just not that late. The key words there are “took a nap like we always do”. Lucas didn’t nap, he was in school during that timeframe usually. She is telling us “he wasn’t there”. He was never involved in their afternoon routine.
Also, learning more about Emily, and her distaste for Lucas, you can be assured, if he were able to go to school, she would have sent him. The nurse brought up questions, and that made her uncomfortable-she tried to send him back, even though it was apparent he was not well. He was sent home, twice I believe. She “lazily” tried to hide bruises by using “kids tattoos”- all the time knowing he would be seen by family!!!
Why did she take him out of school when he had those bruises??? How long was he gone from school? I’d bet he missed more school than kids dream of, because of his bruises. She could always pin it on someone else in others eyes-but the school would have reported LONG ago, had he been in school. The only reason she would keep him out of school, was to hide her abuse. And then probably got pissed at him for having to be home from school!!!
Listen, I love my kids, but I relished the time I could take them to school for a couple hours. ANY parent would want their kid at school, just to sit and catch up!! She has shown us how little she thought of him.
The last time Lucas was seen, was when she was at OG, making phone calls and eating with her daughter-
WHERE IS LUCAS???
What does your gut say people??? Put it out there!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need Lucas Home.
I might suggest that everyone go back to the first pages of this thread and look at the facts that we have. Lets put all these brilliant minds here together and start from the beginning, with the facts we have. There is always something new that someone can add.
MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members