Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.missingkids.com/content/dam/ncmec/en_us/desktop/publications/nc74.pdf

This is the link I had asked for help to learn to post here. Thank you to those who gave me direction to post this.

First, this lengthy document gives direction to LE for tasks which should be completed in various stages of investigation

NOTE: ASPECTS OF INTEREST:

1. After initial responses do fairly soon local landfills are notified to segregate waste from general area missing person last known location,

2. At a point close to the beginning the first responders and the Chief Investigator compare detailed statements obtained from persin(s) who last sa missing person (LUCAS),

I strongly believe that this is probably when EG slipped up and told two different stories to different WPD. By this point LE might have had reason to arrest her for child endangerment and had arranged for the baby to be placed with children’s services. I also think the FBI had been asked to brin their Midwest ( I think it’s CART) special team into the investigation early on.

3. LE would have had access to the CIN case and other criminal/civil records involving EG, JH, her ex husbands statements, LUCAS school records, claims of abuse by relatives and the school nurse and other pertinent infirmation

4. I believe a profile also quickly came into the investigation and EG met the criteria pretty closely if not perfectly. The FBI has highly trained profilers and investigators. As a group I think investigators probably identified her as the person most likely to be responsible for what ever was done to LUCAS very early, maybe even during the first interview. The FBI profile and investigation findings probably gave them a firm ground to arrest EG and keep her in custody. And the endangerment charge is giving them additional time to investigate and hope that LUCAS’ remains would be found.

////////////////

The guidelines identify an area in feet and miles for a search area in different age groups. After the initial searches LE may have determined he was taken out of the house and most likely killed some where else. I believe LE would have brought cadaver dogs in at some point. Since we have no information regarding what if any alerts the dogs may have had, I believe that LE determined Lucas Was harmed somewhere other than home.

At the moment the DA and LE IS USING THIS TIME TO investigate where that might be, and the likelihood that she had assistance. I’m just beginning to get a grasp on the scope if her friends and aguaibtences as well as the tone of how they behave. I believe LE has a lot of information, drug use and criminal activity to sift through and are making sure they get it right.

I hope this document helps everyon who have had questions have a bit clearer understanding of what’s been done (perhaps) and the scope of what investigators are currently doing to gather evidence and find LUCAS.

This document is 232 pages. I think the most pertinent information begins on or about page 22.

I have one other document to post and have to find it. It outlines profiling in missing children’s cases.

Please keep in mind that Lucas is still missing. IF she is ever charged with anything related to his disappearance or death, I imagine the prosecutors would consult with Lucas’ family to see if they would be willing to accept a plea deal in exchange for her giving up the location of his body.

I don’t think anyone wants the person responsible for Lucas’ disappearance or possible death to get a light sentence. It’s often a difficult decision that families are forced to make if their loved one isn’t located and presumed deceased.
I realize that but families have to consider what can happen if they agree and let that person off on a lighter sentence. Do you realize how many repeat offenders there are in prison. The man who murdered my sister was out 9 days. He was stalking us for those days. He was a predator. He murdered my sister on the 9th day. He had two graves dug ahead of time. One was for me. It was a stark realization for me.

I would hate to see another child harmed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I often wonder if the whole “valentines day” story came out after Lucas had disappeared. Maybe when LE was trying to figure out where she was the week prior to Lucas’s missing. So, out of curiosity, why would she need a Valentine’s Day story? several threads back I mentioned that I thought Lucas’s story might begin on Valentines Day. The recent article mentioned that Lucas may have been abused by Emily during times she was mad at Jonathan. It was Valentine’s Day, was she mad at Jonathan? Why the lie at Lucas being with his mom? Was she entering bio-mom into the picture maybe to thwart eyes in JO direction? She was only going to be caught in this lie. Even if she were doing something behind Jonathan’s back, why lie about JO?? This was not very well thought out on her end, so, I’m guessing it wasn’t planned out-That was a careless lie, and could easily be verified. She slipped.
I’m starting to think the only persons opinion she cares about is JH. She will blatantly lie about Lucas seeing his mother on V-day- yet, he is still by her side. He obviously has been so mind @#$%^ by her he believes what she says over LE or anyone else. Surely he is starting to see through the facade.
Let’s hope. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's possible that EG inflicted new injuries upon Lucas and knew that JH would notice them the next time he face-timed with Lucas. By telling JH that Lucas was with his mom on VD, she is innocent. Apologies if this has already been suggested - I'm behind this morning. :coffeews:

IMO

I realize that but families have to consider what can happen if they agree and let that person off on a lighter sentence. Do you realize how many repeat offenders there are in prison. The man who murdered my sister was out 9 days. He was stalking us for those days. He was a predator. He murdered my sister on the 9th day. He had two graves dug ahead of time. One was for me. It was a stark realization for me.

i wanted to again share my gratitude for you sharing your horrific experience. It speaks a great deal of the unselfish person you must be. And while your sister was murdered you understand the good that can come from it.

My my aunt was killed when I was 17 by a distant relative and it took years to get law enforcement to address it. It looked like a suicide and for a long time the perps bragged they had killed her.

She was 18 and we were very close. I remember the range of emotions I experienced, but it’s nothing compared to you. And I appreciate you much more than I can explain and how very special you must be to share. My deepest thanks. You are wonderful.

Looking back at the report for the CINC case, this just jumped out at me.
When investigating the incident reported by her children, DCF and LE were unable to contact JH on Feb 8, 2018. JH left to work in NM on Feb 9, 2018.
Was contact attempted in person? Via the telephone? Did they, EG and JH know of the attempt to contact? Would that have been the motivation to send the pic of 2 strangers in the yard? ‘They’re back looking for you’ and knowing it was regarding her sons, she’s angry and paranoid because she doesn’t want to lose visitation? We also know that Feb 9 was the last day Lucas went to school...
d3d0103381e596852c184c9b748953a1.jpg

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they moved!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Additionally, FLA I believe previously said they (Lucas’ extended family) didn’t know the new address they had moved to. But EG’s bio sons visited on 2/11, so did the ex have the new address, and if so when did he get that information? We don’t know the date of the mysterious two people seen in the yard...but if DCF was trying to contact JH and the ex had the new address, he could’ve provided that...
So maybe the two didn’t directly have anything to do with Lucas missing, but they were an instigating factor... lies are often peppered with bits of truth...

I’m very sorry about the tragedy you and your family have suffered. My comments are in no way meant to diminish your situation, but it doesn’t appear that these two offenders are similar. The man who murdered your sister and EG are not the same type of perpetrator - EG may be a danger to children in her care, but she’s not likely to injure anyone in the general public.

Respectfully, I don’t think it’s fair to put pressure on Lucas’ family based on your experience. They are suffering and need to make decisions based on their own situation. I don’t think this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.

This is my last comment on the subject. I’m am so very sorry for your loss. ❤️

I'm sorry for your traumatic pain and all you've experienced with your sister. My brother was missing for five months before we found his skeletized body. Words aren't enough to explain the excruciating misery, the nightmares, the fear that accompanies one's psyche in the "not knowing" So many what, where, when, how and why questions ignite the mind and heart's quench for sanity. Each involved family must make the decision for themselves to how to best proceed with recommendations from LE and the legal system to find peace and justice. My brother is now silently at rest, that fact provides some solace and comfort to my parents. I know if we would not have ever found him, we would still be searching today, even after 12 years. My heart hurts for those who love Lucas. This case has forced me to grow another layer around my own heart.

I'm thinking EG's ex stating that he thought she was using again and her behavior was erratic is it. I think she was using meth again, became paranoid and irritable. The people out front and her reaction demonstrates paranoia. More than likely the LL coming over resulted in paranoia. I think this is it. Meth. If anybody helped her in any way, it's someone in that world of hers imo.

So so sorry! So traumatic, such tragedy. :grouphug:

From this link -

Entry 2/8/18 - EG’s son was interviewed.

So, she still had her parenting time on 2/11. I think either her ex, at the handoff, or her sons during the visit said something about CPS or LE being involved and that was when she snapped and started taking everything out on Lucas.

Additionally, FLA I believe previously said they (Lucas’ extended family) didn’t know the new address they had moved to. But EG’s bio sons visited on 2/11, so did the ex have the new address, and if so when did he get that information? We don’t know the date of the mysterious two people seen in the yard...but if DCF was trying to contact JH and the ex had the new address, he could’ve provided that...
So maybe the two didn’t directly have anything to do with Lucas missing, but they were an instigating factor... lies are often peppered with bits of truth...

after this interview, coupled with the other derogatory information DCF had, they made an egregious error in failing to remove all the children in the household.

Their inaction is duplicative if other cases I've read. There is no credible excuse for any of these kids to have been exposed to this. IMO

I’m very sorry about the tragedy you and your family have suffered. My comments are in no way meant to diminish your situation, but it doesn’t appear that these two offenders are similar. The man who murdered your sister and EG are not the same type of perpetrator - EG may be a danger to children in her care, but she’s not likely to injure anyone in the general public.

Respectfully, I don’t think it’s fair to put pressure on Lucas’ family based on your experience. They are suffering and need to make decisions based on their own situation. I don’t think this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.

This is my last comment on the subject. I’m am so very sorry for your loss. [emoji173]️
I don't mean to put pressure on the family in any way. I am sorry if they took it that way. I feel extremely bad about Lucas. It I keeps me up at night.

I don't understand the heart of a person who could be so cruel as to take someone's child from them and never give them the solace of putting that child to rest.

Every Sunday I light a vigil candle for Lucas in church. If I lived closer I would be out there searching. He reminds me of my grandson Brady.

We didn't find my sister right away either. She was in a national park here.

From this link -

Entry 2/8/18 - EG’s son was interviewed.

So, she still had her parenting time on 2/11. I think either her ex, at the handoff, or her sons during the visit said something about CPS or LE being involved and that was when she snapped and started taking everything out on Lucas.

Where does it say she had her parenting time or are you assuming she did? I think she probably did too and she was informed of the CPS interviewing her son(s) at school on the 8th, but I didn't see that verified.
I also think letting her know that the abuse was being investigated would probably make her ex feel that it might help protect his sons. I also think if she knew, it enhanced her paranoia.

My Goodness, I've been lurking for an update that Lucas has been found. I can't imagine the heartbreak not knowing.

Where does it say she had her parenting time or are you assuming she did? I think she probably did too and she was informed of the CPS interviewing her son(s) at school on the 8th, but I didn't see that verified.
I also think letting her know that the abuse was being investigated would probably make her ex feel that it might help protect his sons. I also think if she knew, it enhanced her paranoia.

The interview with the neighbor, stated he met her 4 children (her two bio sons, LH and MH) on 2/11 and he noted the two older boys played swords with broken rake handles (!!!???) Also, it is stated the boys had their visit on 2/11 in the affidavit filed by the ex I believe.

It seems that DCF has failed a lot of children recently there. I was reading about it last night. Does anyone think there could be any charges against the people that failed Lucas? Have they fired people that did not do their job in the Evan Brewer case and now we have Lucas?

Just wondering...

At least in Virginia, CPS is not required to and does not generally inform parents that they’ve interviewed the children at school, unless they discuss it at the first sit down with that parent.

Source- friend is a caseworker

The interview with the neighbor, stated he met her 4 children (her two bio sons, LH and MH) on 2/11 and he noted the two older boys played swords with broken rake handles (!!!???) Also, it is stated the boys had their visit on 2/11 in the affidavit filed by the ex I believe.

I wonder why Lucas wasn't playing? I think it said he stood off to the side. Was he already hurt or sick? Maybe he wasn't allowed..

I just thought of something. She was digging in flower bed. Was she really getting all the rocks she could out of flower beds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member