Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much to add, just still so sad Lucas hasn't been found.

I do wonder if he's closer to the OK border....lots of land all around :(

I have two boys and neither have ever gotten the kind of bruises Lucas had, or, got them that often! Boys have bruises, I'm a grown woman and find bruises all the time I don't know how they got there. But they are never on my FACE! And falling off playground equipment....kids fall off all the time and never are covered head to toe in bruises. EG's excuses make me soooooooooooo angry, like she can just "explain" everything "away". I'm sure some he truly may have gotten from falling, because he was too frail and week from stupid EG's abuse to fully handle himself. EG wants to try to make it look like it's "all normal" when even if he wasn't missing, it would still be crystal clear is was NOT normal or ok! As poor Lucas's family and teachers tried to reach out on.

Pot smoking, whether legal or not, let's be real, it's so common these days. I for one don't find that to be a big deal (other than she was pregnant!!!). I know a lot of people who do it, who have younger kids at home, who NEVER have touched another drug in their life, and they live normal and you would never know. That she "smoked a bowl" isn't a big deal to me (again, except now knowing she's pregnant), what's a big deal is you leave a child home alone to go eat by your selfish self! Monster.

I haven't ever had to turn in a doctor's note for my boys. They may have it in the "rules" it's required, but I've never been asked. My youngest was pretty sick his first 6-7 years of life and they just knew I was being honest. I wonder if EG turned in the notes because the school Nurse had questioned his bruising and EG felt like she "had" to make it seem "normal/ok"? I am under the feeling the school didn't request it but EG got it to cover her rear.

Does anybody have any new ideas about how we find Lucas? This was posted about five threads back:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by liltexans
I think the key to finding Lucas is getting the word out to farmers, landowners, fishermen, hunters, hikers, etc. We have seen countless cases where a body has been found by a hunter or a farmer.

IMO
A few suggestions
Snip
13.2.7 Additional Federal Grants of Interest
Though this list is not comprehensive, there are additional grants that Kansas counties secured in recent years.16 Kansas counties worked with the Department of Justice and found wide- ranging grants: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, Public Safety Partnership and Community Policing Grants, Local Law Enforcement Block Grants Program, Drug Court Discretionary Grant Program, Missing Children's Assistance, and the Weed and Seed Program. The Local Law Enforcement Block Grants Program was the most widely used DOJ grant in Kansas. Kansas counties also worked with the Corporation for National and Community Service—an agency that works with Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and the Social Innovation Fund. A number of Kansas counties used the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program for their respective communities.

https://www.kansascounties.org/DocumentCenter/View/2397

Snip
Funds will support Kansas volunteerism
TOPEKA — The Kansas Volunteer Commission (KVC) has awarded nearly $80,000 in funding to four Kansas volunteer connector organizations through the 2018 Volunteer Generation Fund (VGF) grant competition.

The VGF grant will expand the capacity of volunteer organizations to recruit and manage skilled volunteers and increase the infrastructure of volunteer connector organizations. A volunteer connector agency is a community-based organization that provides volunteer opportunities, community resources, training and technical assistance and recognition programs for communities in which they serve.

http://www.ksde.org/Home/Quick-Link...-awards-80000-to-volunteer-connector-agencies

Commissioners guide the staff of the Kansas Volunteer Commission, provide recommendations for grant funding, and provide feedback on programs such as AmeriCorps Kansas, Kansas Mentors and volunteer engagement training.

http://www.kansascounties.org/102/Kansas-County-Commissioners-Association

Anybody use twitter? If so, will you tweet a flyer to the following, please?

Kansas Outdoors, @KDWPT - Updates from Kansas Dept of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism
TravelKS, @TravelKS - Sights, sounds and events in Kansas.
KANSASMag, @KANSASMag - Updates from the folks who bring you KANSAS! Magazine
Kansas Byways, @KSByways - Tweets about the state's scenic and historic byways

Thank you to anyone willing to help.

IMO

Tweeting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shared again with the great folks over at Truckers Missing Child Project. So many of them are also hunters.
I cannot help but admire them and the dedication of all the drivers they constantly update.:loveyou:

This a good point and it reminds me of something. One of my relatives children was sick recently and their doctor actually didn't want them coming in at all. Since contagious illnesses have been so bad, it was less risk to just send in a prescription for what they thought the symptoms sounded like than it was to have them come into the office.

I have no idea about the details of Lucas's doctors notes, but it's possible he never even saw anyone in person (although now I'm realising that one note mentioned his injuries so that potentially voids my whole story).

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. She could have mentioned to the doctor that Lucas fell off the monkey bars at school and had bruises and that the school nurse was concerned about them. If it was a doctor that had seen Emily before or seen the little girl, the doctor may not have thought twice about jotting down a little note about Lucas's injuries being from a fall. So your point could still be valid. Our doctors office was doing the same thing this last winter. Doctor's offices, ER's, ExpressCare's, etc were so packed that doctor's were doing over the phone prescriptions and notes to lots of people.

A few suggestions
Snip
13.2.7 Additional Federal Grants of Interest
Though this list is not comprehensive, there are additional grants that Kansas counties secured in recent years.16 Kansas counties worked with the Department of Justice and found wide- ranging grants: Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant Program, Public Safety Partnership and Community Policing Grants, Local Law Enforcement Block Grants Program, Drug Court Discretionary Grant Program, Missing Children's Assistance, and the Weed and Seed Program. The Local Law Enforcement Block Grants Program was the most widely used DOJ grant in Kansas. Kansas counties also worked with the Corporation for National and Community Service—an agency that works with Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and the Social Innovation Fund. A number of Kansas counties used the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program for their respective communities.

https://www.kansascounties.org/DocumentCenter/View/2397

Snip
Funds will support Kansas volunteerism
TOPEKA — The Kansas Volunteer Commission (KVC) has awarded nearly $80,000 in funding to four Kansas volunteer connector organizations through the 2018 Volunteer Generation Fund (VGF) grant competition.

The VGF grant will expand the capacity of volunteer organizations to recruit and manage skilled volunteers and increase the infrastructure of volunteer connector organizations. A volunteer connector agency is a community-based organization that provides volunteer opportunities, community resources, training and technical assistance and recognition programs for communities in which they serve.

http://www.ksde.org/Home/Quick-Link...-awards-80000-to-volunteer-connector-agencies

Commissioners guide the staff of the Kansas Volunteer Commission, provide recommendations for grant funding, and provide feedback on programs such as AmeriCorps Kansas, Kansas Mentors and volunteer engagement training.

http://www.kansascounties.org/102/Kansas-County-Commissioners-Association

Thank you! I'm on page 41 of 303 at the first link...

:candle: Where are you Lucas?

[video=youtube;5NDuX1qgvVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NDuX1qgvVs[/video]

I love this video. Our sweet boy has quite the personality. It's hard to fathom anyone doing him harm. We love you Lucas and our awesome searchers are going to find you.

Shared again with the great folks over at Truckers Missing Child Project. So many of them are also hunters.
I cannot help but admire them and the dedication of all the drivers they constantly update.:loveyou:

They are wonderful!

OMG, brought tears here! Sweet Lord, please bring the child home!

I also believe she had help .. I do have my suspicions. That why I was asking if LE is sti interrogating family and friends

I've not ready to conclude premeditation. Yet. I definitely will declare this as a deliberate setup for Jamie to become the red herring. I'll also go a step further and am inclined to believe Lucas will be found somewhere near JO's whereabouts at the time he disappeared. I hope it goes without saying, I'm not implicating complicity on JO's part. IMO

I just remembered something. There is an app called Doctor on Demand and you can see a Dr. via videocall on your phone. I know they can write you prescriptions, I bet you they also do Dr.’s notes. I’m going to see if I can find out one way or another.

Update:
Yep, they sure do.

<modsnip>

They are wonderful!

Yes that is great. And thanks to our VI's and everyone here and all the searchers with boots on the ground. Everyone is trying the best they know how to give ideas and anything we can do from afar.

I know it seems like a lot of the brainstorming we do may not seem to help much but one thing that is not always realized is sometimes someone will uncover or mention something rather important and sometimes tips are phoned into LE from these discussions. Its not always announced when that happens which is a good thing.

And LE has been known to read here too at WS so we never know when the right person may be reading and it could start the wheels turning in the right direction.

And of course, at the very least, it shows we care and have Lucas and his extended family in our thoughts and prayers.

So THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE for doing all you can do for Lucas and his family and friends. It is much appreciated.

Thank you! I'm on page 41 of 303 at the first link...
I'm glad you're reading pommy. I'm not in a position to make anything productive happen right now. I'm a strong advocate for reliance and enforced accountability upon our state agencies, boards and administrative code. They work for us. Once a public servant, always a public servant.

Yes that is great. And thanks to our VI's and everyone here and all the searchers with boots on the ground. Everyone is trying the best they know how to give ideas and anything we can do from afar.

I know it seems like a lot of the brainstorming we do may not seem to help much but one thing that is not always realized is sometimes someone will uncover or mention something rather important and sometimes tips are phoned into LE from these discussions. Its not always announced when that happens which is a good thing.

And LE has been known to read here too at WS so we never know when the right person may be reading and it could start the wheels turning in the right direction.

And of course, at the very least, it shows we care and have Lucas and his extended family in our thoughts and prayers.

So THANKS TO EVERYONE HERE for doing all you can do for Lucas and his family and friends. It is much appreciated.

Very well said [emoji847]

I honestly can’t recall many cases of a missing child - under the age of 12 - where LE has given so few details, updates or press conferences about the disappearance. I’m certainly not telling WPD how to do their job, but it’s becoming frustrating. I’m sure they have their reasons and are working hard behind the scenes. It’s extremely rare that LE doesn’t ask residents to check their property, outbuildings, etc. Finally, the family and I discussed it and decided we would make a personal plea to the public. There’s an incredibly dedicated team on WS who has been instrumental in getting the word out to locals. The media picked it up (thankfully) and that helped spread the word. http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204521784.html

I feel strongly that WPD needs to make some sort of announcement regarding the status of the case (aside from the same phrase we keep hearing, “It’s still an active investigation.”). We’re not asking for details that will hinder the investigation, but the public needs an update.

MPN did a recent post and included the Wichita Eagle article detailing the CINC petition and court filings, along with photos of Lucas’ with various bruises all over his body. The post reached 900k people with 10k reactions/comments. It was very disheartening to read over and over, “They still haven’t found him?” or “He’s still missing?”

The people on this WS thread have been wonderful and have helped keep Lucas name out there. I can’t thank you all enough for all you’ve done [emoji172]

I pray Lucas is found soon!!!

I honestly can&#8217;t recall many cases of a missing child - under the age of 12 - where LE has given so few details, updates or press conferences about the disappearance. I&#8217;m certainly not telling WPD how to do their job, but it&#8217;s becoming frustrating. It&#8217;s extremely rare that LE doesn&#8217;t ask residents to check their property, outbuildings, etc. Finally, the family and I discussed it and decided we would make a personal plea to the public. There&#8217;s an incredibly dedicated team on WS who has been instrumental in getting the word out to locals. The media picked it up (thankfully) and that helped spread the word. http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204521784.html

I feel strongly that WPD needs to make some sort of announcement regarding the status of the case (aside from the same phrase we keep hearing, &#8220;It&#8217;s still an active investigation.&#8221;). We&#8217;re not asking for details that will hinder the investigation, but the public needs an update.

MPN did a recent post and included the Wichita Eagle article detailing the CINC petition and court filings, along with photos of Lucas&#8217; with various bruises all over his body. The post reached 900k people with 10k reactions/comments. It was very disheartening to read over and over, &#8220;They still haven&#8217;t found him?&#8221; or &#8220;He&#8217;s still missing?&#8221;

The people on this WS thread have been wonderful and have helped keep Lucas name out there. I can&#8217;t thank you all enough for all you&#8217;ve done [emoji172]

I pray Lucas is found soon!!!

I couldn't agree more. I see these comments every.single.day.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member