Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also am constantly amazed that even people in Wichita don't realize Lucas is still missing.
and everyone else continuing to work so hard to spread the word, you have my utmost respect and prayers.

I honestly can’t recall many cases of a missing child - under the age of 12 - where LE has given so few details, updates or press conferences about the disappearance. I’m certainly not telling WPD how to do their job, but it’s becoming frustrating. I’m sure they have their reasons and are working hard behind the scenes. It’s extremely rare that LE doesn’t ask residents to check their property, outbuildings, etc. Finally, the family and I discussed it and decided we would make a personal plea to the public. There’s an incredibly dedicated team on WS who has been instrumental in getting the word out to locals. The media picked it up (thankfully) and that helped spread the word. http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204521784.html

I feel strongly that WPD needs to make some sort of announcement regarding the status of the case (aside from the same phrase we keep hearing, “It’s still an active investigation.”). We’re not asking for details that will hinder the investigation, but the public needs an update.

MPN did a recent post and included the Wichita Eagle article detailing the CINC petition and court filings, along with photos of Lucas’ with various bruises all over his body. The post reached 900k people with 10k reactions/comments. It was very disheartening to read over and over, “They still haven’t found him?” or “He’s still missing?”

The people on this WS thread have been wonderful and have helped keep Lucas name out there. I can’t thank you all enough for all you’ve done [emoji172]

I pray Lucas is found soon!!!

WPD has kept quiet in the other two cases where the children are still missing, too. I try so hard to trust they have this great master plan and therefore their reasons for being so quiet. I only hope this does not follow the path of Jaquilla Scales where not one person (that I know of) has been held accountable. Vincent Moore has also not seen justice, but they at least have the person who most likely disappeared him behind bars.

Ana hope you're feeling even a little better.
A break in this case would be so healing for all if us right now. :heartbeat::heartbeat:

I continue to pray for Lucas and I hope he is found soon, as I know its heartbreaking for his family. I continue praying for the mother of Lucas, PB, Fla and other family & WS friends that truly loved Lucas. He is loved by many who didn't even know him....

This face book statement from yesterday doesn't sound like JH is happy with the police investigation.

" I cant begin to explain how agonizing it is, as a parent, to know nothing is being done to find out who is responsible and where Lucas may be."

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.hernandez.942
I’m way back here on page 28. IMO what he is saying is that no one is looking for his living son Lucas. Iirc JH has said that he believes Lucas is alive. So while searches are being done and many efforts being made to find him, most of us are searching to recover his disposed of remains. JH wants to find the “kidnapper” and his living son. JMO

When was EG’s bipolar diagnosis? Have we figured that out? Or how it came about? If it was after Lucas went missing, or something she was diagnosed with as she was planning it (I am leaning towards this being somewhat planned) could it be something that she saw a doctor for, had done enough research to know the symptoms well enough, and convince a doctor into diagnosing her as bipolar? I’m wondering if she thought if no one fell for her “he walked away” story, she could fall back on the bipolar diagnosis as leverage in any sort of criminal charges she could potentially face.

Admittedly, I know very little about a bipolar diagnosis. I’m not sure you could convince a doctor of it if you really weren’t. AND, I could be totally off base with my thought process, but she just strikes me as conniving enough to try something as drastic as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This face book statement from yesterday doesn't sound like JH is happy with the police investigation.

" I cant begin to explain how agonizing it is, as a parent, to know nothing is being done to find out who is responsible and where Lucas may be."

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.hernandez.942

SABBM

How can he say "...nothing is being done..." -- referring to those who have been working so hard to find this little boy ?

He also refused Lucas' relatives access from seeing his son -- after they noticed signs of abuse.

Afaik, law enforcement has been doing everything they can possibly do-- with what information they've been given.
They're (LE) not mind readers. and if anyone has been lying to them-- they cannot be held responsible for that. :(
LE seems to think this is a recovery and not a rescue. My .02 is that they have a lot more information than they are releasing !

Much has been done to try to find Lucas. Not just LE but ordinary folks.

Incredibly sad !
:moo:

I honestly can’t recall many cases of a missing child - under the age of 12 - where LE has given so few details, updates or press conferences about the disappearance. I’m certainly not telling WPD how to do their job, but it’s becoming frustrating. I’m sure they have their reasons and are working hard behind the scenes. It’s extremely rare that LE doesn’t ask residents to check their property, outbuildings, etc. Finally, the family and I discussed it and decided we would make a personal plea to the public. There’s an incredibly dedicated team on WS who has been instrumental in getting the word out to locals. The media picked it up (thankfully) and that helped spread the word. http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204521784.html

I feel strongly that WPD needs to make some sort of announcement regarding the status of the case (aside from the same phrase we keep hearing, “It’s still an active investigation.”). We’re not asking for details that will hinder the investigation, but the public needs an update.

MPN did a recent post and included the Wichita Eagle article detailing the CINC petition and court filings, along with photos of Lucas’ with various bruises all over his body. The post reached 900k people with 10k reactions/comments. It was very disheartening to read over and over, “They still haven’t found him?” or “He’s still missing?”

The people on this WS thread have been wonderful and have helped keep Lucas name out there. I can’t thank you all enough for all you’ve done [emoji172]

I pray Lucas is found soon!!!
In the very very beginning and IIRC about a week or 2 tops after LH went missing the biggest most important phrase LE kept repeating was asking Everyone to keep sharing his picture. I believe it was KAKE that continually had a live loop of his missing person flier live streaming.

At that time and even now I go back to the possibility from LE actions and words and really wonder if they believe he may have been trafficked?

In the very very beginning and IIRC about a week or 2 tops after LH went missing the biggest most important phrase LE kept repeating was asking Everyone to keep sharing his picture. I believe it was KAKE that continually had a live loop of his missing person flier live streaming.

At that time and even now I go back to the possibility from LE actions and words and really wonder if they believe he may have been trafficked?

I keep thinking about that possibility, but wow. That would be a resolution I would never want to see. Although that means he is alive, he would be so, so damaged. I cant even go there.....

Does anybody have any new ideas about how we find Lucas? This was posted about five threads back:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by liltexans
I think the key to finding Lucas is getting the word out to farmers, landowners, fishermen, hunters, hikers, etc. We have seen countless cases where a body has been found by a hunter or a farmer.

IMO

Perhaps the following has already been done, but I've had this thought for awhile now, and since you asked . . . Drive to the rental house from which Lucas went missing. If possible, sit and reflect for a few moments (I realize that may not be possible). Go whatever direction you feel led to go, whichever way a murderous stepmother may have gone in a panic, trying to rid herself of a dead body. Stop at any culvert, storm drain, creek, drainage ditch, overgrown area, etc., that comes across your path.Repeat this sequence for every route away from that house, within a five mile or so radius.I don't know what the protocol is for first responder searches. But I always think they should begin at the last known location and the searchers should look up, to see if any birds are circling anywhere. And keep looking up as the search widens over the next few days. Does anybody know if such a thing is standard practice?Quite awhile ago, someone posted a pic of a street crossing over a creek, and there was a snarl of branches and bushes right next to the roadway. It was during a conversation about possible locations within the city, like golf courses. Yes, golf courses have a lot of groomed areas, but they also have a lot of wilder spaces, usually at their perimeters.If murderous stepmom didn't plan to kill Lucas, I feel he may be close to the home. If she accidentally killed Lucas, I would think she would be very panicked and want to be rid of the body asap. Although that may be giving her feeble brain way too much credit.If she actually planned his demise, then he may be further away, in a place familiar to her. Kudos and prayers to those who have been faithfully searching. Thank you for doing so.To Lucas' family: please know there are many who are standing with you at this time. My prayers go with you.

Just popping in for updates.
Side note, I got home from work tonight and after about an hour, I said to my husband,OMG, I forgot to tell you and my heart is broken ....And before I could finish, he said, "oh, no, little Lucas was found"!!! Well, first of all, I was shocked he said this as I never really thought he listened to me as he normally shakes his head when he sees I am on WS and he now has the kids shaking their heads at me, but what I was going to tell him, was that my favorite store in town is closing and look how much money we will be saving.
But his remark reminded me that stores, money, etc are NOT important, but that little, innocent people who are abused and missing are important in life and that is why we are all here .
#teamLucas

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Perhaps the following has already been done, but I've had this thought for awhile now, and since you asked . . . Drive to the rental house from which Lucas went missing. If possible, sit and reflect for a few moments (I realize that may not be possible). Go whatever direction you feel led to go, whichever way a murderous stepmother may have gone in a panic, trying to rid herself of a dead body. Stop at any culvert, storm drain, creek, drainage ditch, overgrown area, etc., that comes across your path.Repeat this sequence for every route away from that house, within a five mile or so radius.I don't know what the protocol is for first responder searches. But I always think they should begin at the last known location and the searchers should look up, to see if any birds are circling anywhere. And keep looking up as the search widens over the next few days. Does anybody know if such a thing is standard practice?Quite awhile ago, someone posted a pic of a street crossing over a creek, and there was a snarl of branches and bushes right next to the roadway. It was during a conversation about possible locations within the city, like golf courses. Yes, golf courses have a lot of groomed areas, but they also have a lot of wilder spaces, usually at their perimeters.If murderous stepmom didn't plan to kill Lucas, I feel he may be close to the home. If she accidentally killed Lucas, I would think she would be very panicked and want to be rid of the body asap. Although that may be giving her feeble brain way too much credit.If she actually planned his demise, then he may be further away, in a place familiar to her. Kudos and prayers to those who have been faithfully searching. Thank you for doing so.To Lucas' family: please know there are many who are standing with you at this time. My prayers go with you.

Thank you for your response. I don’t know if this has been done, and I wish I could do it but I don’t live in Kansas. Maybe one of the locals will see this and give it a try.

I guess I should have been more specific when I asked if anybody has any new ideas about how to find Lucas. I should have added “from afar.”

Sorry I can’t help you with the spacing issue, but again, I appreciate your reply.

IMO

When does hunting season start down there?

The Wichita Eagle corrected the mistake. Trying to get Fox4 to make a correction, also.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

Nice catch! It should have read step-mother. I messaged the writer. Thanks!

, I saw the correction by the Wichita Eagle (“Correction: An earlier version of the story should have said his stepmother said he fell off monkey bars.”) but I just noticed that the FB post dated April 14 still says "Lucas and his mother." I don't see any comments where anyone has noticed yet, but it could be coming. Just fyi.

I’m way back here on page 28. IMO what he is saying is that no one is looking for his living son Lucas. Iirc JH has said that he believes Lucas is alive. So while searches are being done and many efforts being made to find him, most of us are searching to recover his disposed of remains. JH wants to find the “kidnapper” and his living son. JMO

Okay, putting this together with what PB said makes me feel like someone just punched me in the gut. We know what LE said about Lucas not walking away or being abducted, we know he hasnt been found and LE hasnt been asking people to search their properties so are we now thinking EG may have sold him? That thought horrifies me even more than premeditated murder. I cant remember who posted about OG possibly being a drug run that didnt go through (maybe she had no money). I don't like where my mind is going with this so I'll just end right here.

When does hunting season start down there?

Turkey season started April 18, I’ve been sharing a flyer made (not by me) specific to that. I’m not sure about other game haven’t looked it up
bb6929a88d069da027137269dcacc27e.jpg

Okay, putting this together with what PB said makes me feel like someone just punched me in the gut. We know what LE said about Lucas not walking away or being abducted, we know he hasnt been found and LE hasnt been asking people to search their properties so are we now thinking EG may have sold him? That thought horrifies me even more than premeditated murder. I cant remember who posted about OG possibly being a drug run that didnt go through (maybe she had no money). I don't like where my mind is going with this so I'll just end right here.

If she’s that much into meth, anything is possible. Anything.

Turkey season started April 18, I’ve been sharing a flyer made (not by me) specific to that. I’m not sure about other game haven’t looked it up
bb6929a88d069da027137269dcacc27e.jpg

Thanks for posting this.
Exact same one shared earlier today with thousands of truckers and hunters. Fingers crossed and prayers going up. :loveyou:

IMO, that’s not likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member