Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has crossed my mind from the get go. I felt that since she was sharing her intent with JH then surely it was only marijuana, or at lease he thought so. But of course many drugs can be smoked, marijuana can be laced with other drugs, etc. Authorities believe there is drug abuse with EG and there is an obvious history of it.
The CINC case is scheduled to be heard tomorrow. Do you think she might get that continued in hopes of getting some or all of her confession thrown out or would it matter?

She told JH she was going to smoke via FB messenger, in text form. LE obtained the info legally from her phone. So it’s not a “confession”, it’s simply evidence obtained during the investigation.

They have a statement from the landlord that he saw Lucas in the home during the time Emily is known to be at or near Olive Garden, based on her phone pings. Again, evidence.

Most likely there’s surveillance video of Emily and the baby with no Lucas at OG, which is more evidence.

As far as I can tell the only thing that could be considered “confession” is the info saying she left Lucas at home because he was asleep and hadn’t been feeling well, but all that is is justification for all the actual indisputable evidence against her, so there’s actually nothing to throw out.

Thx Ana- you took the words right out of my mouth. None of it makes sense, how can it? Either he is in denial, or he knows she is capable of something to this magnitude. Either way, he seems non-committing on any negative aspect including his girlfriend and his son. I am glad I don’t have to live in his brain when he lays down to go to sleep. Is Jonathan that broken that he cannot see this for what it is? So sad!! MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avoidance and denial.

I think I might be able to shed some light on different questions I saw asked or discussed about the upcoming hearing on EG’s attorney’s motion:

A few weeks back, there was a discovery hearing in which the DA entered into evidence (the affidavit someone posted earlier) the evidence found on Emily’s phone and her then confession to have driven under the influence. The judge allowed it to be entered so now the defense attorney is wanting to get that confession thrown out based on accusing LE of obtaining that confession illegally. This is very standard and makes it that much harder for EG to later appeal if she’s found guilty of the endangerment.

Emily was not mirandized until her arrest several days later, after the fact she had made this confession to LE. LE doesn’t have to remind someone that they have the right to remain silent if they aren’t under arrest. People just assume if they are being questioned, Miranda rights apply to them but they do not.....it’s only if they are under arrest.

It’s been awhile since we discussed this in depth, but keep in mind the reason why it’s been so important to charge Emily with some sort of crime regarding her children....especially M. If a child is removed from a parents custody, the only way to keep that child out of the home is to charge that parent with a crime against a child. Until her rights are terminated (that is a long way off, the process can take years), she still has rights to her children. So the motivation in charging her with the endangerment is more about keeping Emily behind bars as long as possible and protecting her children from her. This is a common tactic and can usually be very effective. Everything going on in this case is about the endangerment charge for M, not Lucas. So the LL’s testimony is irrelevant here. No warrant was needed for the cell phone because Emily turned it over voluntarily. She’s also not being charged with using drugs, she’s been charged with being under the influence of them and endangering M’s life in the process. There won’t be any drug screen because of how much later it was from when the incident occurred. Yes drug screen technology has changed but there is limits on when those tests can be administered and how they can be used in a court of law. The attorney isn’t disputing the fact that Emily had used drugs or even put her child in danger, she’s just saying the information was improperly obtained.

The affidavit states that Emily gave her confession and offered her phone "post miranda". That means after she was read her rights, right? I could be wrong but I always thought that post anything was after the fact.
FB_IMG_1524807923822.jpg
FB_IMG_1524807931611.jpg

After reading the affidavit a couple of times it does appear that the interview was conducted post miranda. I also wanted to say sorry for making this a duplicate question because I was way back and hadn't seen the other's comments on it yet. ��

Friday, April 27th:
*CINC Hearing (@ 9am CT) – KS – re baby girl / both parents scheduled to appear.
Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; not found yet) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (26) (stepmom) charged (2/26/18) with 1 count of child endangerment (of 1 year old, for Feb. 16th, day before Lucas was reported missing; suspected of drug use). There are 2 other charges of Child Endangerment with warrant drawn on booking page; bond stays at $50K, per Judge on 3/14/18. 4/16/18 Defense asked for a continuance rescheduled for 5/14/18.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment.
3/14/18: Glass’s bond will remain at $50K, and if she is able to post bond, she will be under electronic monitoring if she gets out of jail, O’Connor said. O’Connor said he will leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child.

Is it possible that JH won't verbally tell others he thinks now that EG did hurt Lucas to save his own behind because once she would find out he turned on her she would squeal on him for something big? Something that could put him behind bars for a long time? I just can't fathom what else it could be because it's clear as a bell she harmed Lucas. He said so!

Is everyone forgetting the fact that EG’s older sons told their dad that JH left marks on one of them?

He doesn’t want to implicate himself or risk being held responsible for anything. Simple as that imo

Unless otherwise stated, everything above is MOO[emoji230][emoji5]
This clearly shows what you have correctly posted, IMO.
((and please note how close this incident's date is to the critical date of Lucas' "disappearance"...things were clearly out of control in that :home)):gaah:---I am angry---
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html
RSBM--
"Feb. 5, 2018: Although the report is mostly about Lucas, it also deals with Glass' two elementary school age sons from a previous relationship who visit her from time to time. In February, DCF received a report alleging that Hernandez, Lucas’ father, “smacked” one of Glass’ two sons during a visit. It left a hand print on the boy’s chest, the father of Glass’ son said. DCF assigned a social worker to investigate. The Sedgwick County Exploited and Missing Child Unit also investigated. According to the court document, filed Feb. 23, the investigation was ongoing.
Feb. 8, 2018: That afternoon, a DCF social worker interviewed Glass’ son at his school. He said he got into trouble for spraying air freshener and showed how Hernandez pushed him onto a couch, the document says. The boy said his mother witnessed it and that Hernandez “used bad words at” his mother. No marks were visible on the boy’s chest. Her son said that Hernandez also “uses loud voices” with Lucas. The social worker and police detective assigned to the investigation couldn’t contact Hernandez."
Chi :( @thinking about Lucas everytime I roll over...

The affidavit states that Emily gave her confession and offered her phone "post miranda". That means after she was read her rights, right? I could be wrong but I always thought that post anything was after the fact.
View attachment 133495
View attachment 133496

After reading the affidavit a couple of times it does appear that the interview was conducted post miranda. I also wanted to say sorry for making this a duplicate question because I was way back and hadn't seen the other's comments on it yet. ��

That is correct. Anything said in an interview will have to be repeated to be put on the record. But they had the information from her prior and then had to have the formal interview done again afterwards once she was arrested and read her rights.

IMHO, I am not a lawyer and I don't exactly know what the CINC hearing will entail. I only have the hearing for Sherin Mathews' sister to go by for a possible example.

I don't think the confession matters at all for the CINC case. In this hearing the LL sighting of Lucas being home alone comes into play, and that is far more important in showing how EG treats a child in her care. How EG treats any child in her care becomes relevant in the CINC case, even though the CINC case is about MH. We've already seen some parts of the papers that the media was allowed to look at, and it's 99% about how EG treated Lucas, so I do expect Lucas being home alone to come up in that hearing.

Well, it’s true that it might come up but CINC cases are still held to a very high standard when it comes to removing a child from their parents custody. Social workers and attorneys can’t just use any information in making their recommendations to the court, it has to be relevant and legally proveable evidence to back them up. But having attended many of these hearings, it’s more of a case management type hearing and not presenting any new evidence or anything.

The CINC case, this is the state showing they are not fit to parent ? Is that right. Do they then try to show they are ? Or is it more a case of the state will list what has to occur for them to be reunited. I am wondering if EG and JH will appear as a couple showing a united front or if JH will be trying to show he is fit as solo parent regardless of what’s going on ?
Or have I got this all mixed up

The CINC case, this is the state showing they are not fit to parent ? Is that right. Do they then try to show they are ? Or is it more a case of the state will list what has to occur for them to be reunited. I am wondering if EG and JH will appear as a couple showing a united front or if JH will be trying to show he is fit as solo parent regardless of what’s going on ?
Or have I got this all mixed up

What a great question......asking if they will show as a united front. I kind of don't think so as JH has taken down all pics of EG on his FB. I would think the judge might look down on JH if he stood united with EG under the current circumstances. But hey! JH is saying he doesn't think EG hurt Lucas plus she's his witness as to whether or not he hurt her boys so who knows?

I sure wish Emily would tell someone where Lucas is! I have a feeling she's counting on him never being found or if he is COD won't be able to be determined nor will her involvement. We have to prove her wrong! I feel pretty certain LE isn't showing their hand whilst building a very strong case, although circumstantial at this point. We can't have another CA on our hearts. Casey can have another child whenever she wants and nobody will take him/her away from her. EG has 2 sons, a 1 yr old little girl and one on the way. We can't let her have access to them. imo

In my opinion, most abusers don’t consider their actions to be wrong because it’s not their fault (in their minds). It’s always the other person’s (the victim’s) fault....if only he/she ate their vegetables, didn’t talk back, didn’t wet the bed, etc.

If only Caylee didn't stop Casey from living her happy life with Tony Lazzaro, if only Emily didn't have to be stuck with Lucas all of the time when JH was away, if only Sherin was as amazing in her parents eyes as their biological daughter... it's all relative. We've seen it so many times and we'll see it again and again. It's always the little victims fault.

I sure wish Emily would tell someone where Lucas is! I have a feeling she's counting on him never being found or if he is COD won't be able to be determined nor will her involvement. We have to prove her wrong! I feel pretty certain LE isn't showing their hand whilst building a very strong case, although circumstantial at this point. We can't have another CA on our hearts. Casey can have another child whenever she wants and nobody will take him/her away from her. EG has 2 sons, a 1 yr old little girl and one on the way. We can't let her have access to them. imo

BBM. That is a terrifying thought. I one saw Casey (in the last year or so) sitting having lunch while holding someones baby and smiling...................... I know it's likely nothing would happen to that baby just because he was in her arms but noooo way would she be holding any baby of mine. (Not that I'd be at lunch with Casey anyway, but you get what I mean). It's, well, I sure hope that never happens. And the same goes for Emily. IMO, little Lucas has paid the ultimate price to protect his siblings and step-siblings... I don't want that to be in vain.

View attachment 133495
View attachment 133496

You are correct

BBM. That is a terrifying thought. I one saw Casey (in the last year or so) sitting having lunch while holding someones baby and smiling...................... I know it's likely nothing would happen to that baby just because he was in her arms but noooo way would she be holding any baby of mine. (Not that I'd be at lunch with Casey anyway, but you get what I mean). It's, well, I sure hope that never happens. And the same goes for Emily. IMO, little Lucas has paid the ultimate price to protect his siblings and step-siblings... I don't want that to be in vain.

Someone let CA hold their child in a public place? I would be terrified some kook might see that and try to attack Casey and my child be in harms way. I would never be near that woman either, unless I was interviewing her behind bars.

Someone let CA hold their child in a public place? I would be terrified some kook might see that and try to attack Casey and my child be in harms way. I would never be near that woman either, unless I was interviewing her behind bars.

Yep. I have no idea whose baby it was but I did a double take!

Yep. I have no idea whose baby it was but I did a double take!

This makes me shudder. What is the matter with people?
See, if EG doesn't get charged and convicted with harming Lucas she just might get out on probation, be able to take care of MH and her one on the way. And apparently there's not a dad that will think she might harm the little ones.......so no protection! I can't wait to see what happens in the CINC case today, If we get to know. This is regarding a minor and the judge said he'll seal it as of this date so I'm not sure how much we'll find out.

This makes me shudder. What is the matter with people?
See, if EG doesn't get charged and convicted with harming Lucas she just might get out on probation, be able to take car of MH and her one on the way. And apparently there's not a dad that will think she might harm the little ones.......so no protection! I can't wait to see what happens in the CINC case today, If we get to know. This is regarding a minor and the judge said he'll seal it as of this date so I'm not sure how much we'll find out.

Agreed. And I'm sorry to all who a just fed up with me comparing Lucas' case to Caylee's case all of the time but the parallels are too much that I can't help it. There is a little boy missing here, presumed deceased, but there is also a bunch of other kids whose, imo, futures depend on the conviction of this one woman.

I'm usually reading along not posting very often and trying to keep up with two huge threads right now so my apologies if these thoughts have already been made, and this is all MOO:
1- wondering if EG had told her bio sons to cover for her abuse by telling anyone who noticed marks or bruises on them that JH was the one who caused them. They may have been afraid of her and just went along with it to avoid getting any more injuries if they told the truth.
2- has it been made known who the phone calls were made to at the time she was at OG? If something terrible happened to Lucas before she left, was she phoning someone to let them know that she needed help covering something up? I realize the LL saw him through a window so maybe that's all irrelevant, but if she knew he was in bad shape when she left she might've been desperate to get him out of the house.
My heart hurts for the beautiful, innocent children we discuss on this site [emoji174][emoji174]
May they know real love wherever they are now.

All above is MOO

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads