Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this out there...what if EG "gathered" up Lucas' body to dump then realized that she couldn't do it alone (too heavy, awkward to carry, etc). Maybe she "trolled" down to where there is a homeless population and asked for someone to help her get rid of some "heavy" garbage...making up an excuse that she couldn't pay to take it to the dump - and needed help getting rid of it for free. She offered them money, alcohol or drugs and they said yes and the deed was done. Now...the helper has no idea Lucas is missing and no idea they helped her get rid of him - because they don't watch or follow social media. This for me is the "perfect" random "helper" scenario. IMO

But the ‘f’ represents felony. It WAS a misdemeanor charge previously. Interesting.

BBM. Yes. (Just out of O/T interest, was it ever confirm she was in the barrel or not?)

Neither would I. We recently helped my brother to move nearby to us and we took a look of stuff to dump, sell, move into the house etc and I would never even think of what is inside or that there could ever be that kind of thing in there. It's family, you just help. Although, I don't think it was family that helped Emily dispose of Lucas.
I don't believe the blue barrel in the Peterson case was ever located...I don't recall for sure, but her body has not been found.

Just thinking out loud...

I think I might be able to shed some light on different questions I saw asked or discussed about the upcoming hearing on EG’s attorney’s motion:

A few weeks back, there was a discovery hearing in which the DA entered into evidence (the affidavit someone posted earlier) the evidence found on Emily’s phone and her then confession to have driven under the influence. The judge allowed it to be entered so now the defense attorney is wanting to get that confession thrown out based on accusing LE of obtaining that confession illegally. This is very standard and makes it that much harder for EG to later appeal if she’s found guilty of the endangerment.

Emily was not mirandized until her arrest several days later, after the fact she had made this confession to LE. LE doesn’t have to remind someone that they have the right to remain silent if they aren’t under arrest. People just assume if they are being questioned, Miranda rights apply to them but they do not.....it’s only if they are under arrest.

It’s been awhile since we discussed this in depth, but keep in mind the reason why it’s been so important to charge Emily with some sort of crime regarding her children....especially M. If a child is removed from a parents custody, the only way to keep that child out of the home is to charge that parent with a crime against a child. Until her rights are terminated (that is a long way off, the process can take years), she still has rights to her children. So the motivation in charging her with the endangerment is more about keeping Emily behind bars as long as possible and protecting her children from her. This is a common tactic and can usually be very effective. Everything going on in this case is about the endangerment charge for M, not Lucas. So the LL’s testimony is irrelevant here. No warrant was needed for the cell phone because Emily turned it over voluntarily. She’s also not being charged with using drugs, she’s been charged with being under the influence of them and endangering M’s life in the process. There won’t be any drug screen because of how much later it was from when the incident occurred. Yes drug screen technology has changed but there is limits on when those tests can be administered and how they can be used in a court of law. The attorney isn’t disputing the fact that Emily had used drugs or even put her child in danger, she’s just saying the information was improperly obtained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will have to go back and check the report, but I believe it said she was Mirandized before she turned over her phone. Anyone recall? I'll go check...

ETA: She may not have been Mirandized. I read through affidavit again. It may just be written in a strange order. It says she gave consent to search her phone, after it acknowledges a post-Mirandized interview. That's where I got the idea I stated earlier.

I think I might be able to shed some light on different questions I saw asked or discussed about the upcoming hearing on EG’s attorney’s motion:

A few weeks back, there was a discovery hearing in which the DA entered into evidence (the affidavit someone posted earlier) the evidence found on Emily’s phone and her then confession to have driven under the influence. The judge allowed it to be entered so now the defense attorney is wanting to get that confession thrown out based on accusing LE of obtaining that confession illegally. This is very standard and makes it that much harder for EG to later appeal if she’s found guilty of the endangerment.

Emily was not mirandized until her arrest several days later, after the fact she had made this confession to LE. LE doesn’t have to remind someone that they have the right to remain silent if they aren’t under arrest. People just assume if they are being questioned, Miranda rights apply to them but they do not.....it’s only if they are under arrest.

It’s been awhile since we discussed this in depth, but keep in mind the reason why it’s been so important to charge Emily with some sort of crime regarding her children....especially M. If a child is removed from a parents custody, the only way to keep that child out of the home is to charge that parent with a crime against a child. Until her rights are terminated (that is a long way off, the process can take years), she still has rights to her children. So the motivation in charging her with the endangerment is more about keeping Emily behind bars as long as possible and protecting her children from her. This is a common tactic and can usually be very effective. Everything going on in this case is about the endangerment charge for M, not Lucas. So the LL’s testimony is irrelevant here. No warrant was needed for the cell phone because Emily turned it over voluntarily. She’s also not being charged with using drugs, she’s been charged with being under the influence of them and endangering M’s life in the process. There won’t be any drug screen because of how much later it was from when the incident occurred. Yes drug screen technology has changed but there is limits on when those tests can be administered and how they can be used in a court of law. The attorney isn’t disputing the fact that Emily had used drugs or even put her child in danger, she’s just saying the information was improperly obtained.

ESO your knowledge about the DCF in Kansas is very valuable in this case and I appreciate it. It comes in handy when discussing about the law and children.

I think you and the rest of the searchers need a Big Ole Pat on the Back for all you are doing!

:tyou: Searcher's Everyone of you!

:yourock:

ESO your knowledge about the DCF in Kansas is very valuable in this case and I appreciate it. It comes in handy when discussing about the law and children.

I think you and the rest of the searchers need a Big Ole Pat on the Back for all you are doing!

:tyou: Searcher's Everyone of you!

:yourock:

DITTO !! THANK you everyone for being here on this thread for Little Lucas !!

Most people's extent of interaction with a drug dealer is the quick exchange of cash for drugs. Over in seconds, they often don't even know each other's real names. I don't envision a drug dealer as the person someone is going to go to if they just killed a person, especially a child. They generally don't have any sort of a relationship with the buyers.

Just thinking out loud...
You're right on the money with your words. The only semi-savvy in the drug circle are the drug dealers who have chosen not to use the drug themselves. It's a business. Only. Those who make the high dollar see what the drug has done to his addict clients. Cutting into his profits for a never-ending monkey on his back is not a good business model. Sly but exploitive of fellow human beings. Such a person wouldn't take a risk for anyone but themselves. Addicts are only a means to an end. The only ones EG even thinks she can count on are the lowly end users like herself. I wish we knew more about her back-story and how she grew up. What is her role in the dynamic of her family? I speculate extended family was part of her inner circle and remains so.

Thank you for all the informative posts regarding this Jackson Denno information. I feel better again this morning. I have to remind myself we are in different countries and do things different instead of moments of panic. ESO your trash and child care info is so insightful.
Always many thanks to our searches who I cannot even grasp at how much they are actually doing. It’s certainly setting the bar I agree.

It's been a common underlying theme that the two people, outside EG's house, were possibly connected to a drug buy. What if we turn the tables for a minute and ponder the possibility that EG could be the drug dealer. Addicts will go jonesing for the drug at all times of the night. Often addicts needing daily bumps often buy larger amounts to divvy up and resale. Meth is sold in weights of grams. This short-sighted method pays for their use with a little to trade for weed or extra cash. Don't underestimate the addict. Always resourceful to maintain their habit at whatever cost.

It's been a common underlying theme that the two people, outside EG's house, were possibly connected to a drug buy. What if we turn the tables for a minute and ponder the possibility that EG could be the drug dealer. Addicts will go jonesing for the drug at all times of the night. Often addicts needing daily bumps often buy larger amounts to divvy up and resale. Meth is sold in weights of grams. This short-sighted method pays for their use with a little to trade for weed or extra cash. Don't underestimate the addict. Always resourceful to maintain their habit at whatever cost.

We know from the court documents that DCF had tried to contact JH after the alleged incident with her bio kids on 2/4... I have wondered if the two people outside might not be related to that investigation...

We know from the court documents that DCF had tried to contact JH after the alleged incident with her bio kids on 2/4... I have wondered if the two people outside might not be related to that investigation...

I doubt they were DCF at that time of night. I think they were lowlifes of some sort. Criminals drug dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I doubt they were DCF at that time of night. I think they were lowlifes of some sort. Criminals drug dealers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We don’t know what time it was. All she said was ‘it was pretty early in the morning’. Given her other statements tho, even that is suspect IMO

I will have to go back and check the report, but I believe it said she was Mirandized before she turned over her phone. Anyone recall? I'll go check...

ETA: She may not have been Mirandized. I read through affidavit again. It may just be written in a strange order. It says she gave consent to search her phone, after it acknowledges a post-Mirandized interview. That's where I got the idea I stated earlier.

This is common because her prior “confession” was off record. So the affidavit has to state some of these things: who is filling out the report, who was interviewed, what the crime was, what the evidence was, what the suspect said and when, etc. So once she was formally arrested, then they conducted an on the record interview based on the evidence they found on her phone and the official “confession” was therefore on the record. If it wasn’t for that, then the detectives would not have been able to use her confession against her if it’s off the record.

In Caylee's case I think it was LE that messed up the worst. First, there was the dead body smell in the car. Then they had tips on where Casey might hide Caylee's body early on and they didn't check them out. Also, the meter reader raised concerns early on and that was not taken seriously enough. That poor baby could have and should have been found sooner. Time not being the best of friends in a missing child case is exactly what is scaring me the most with Lucas.

I've contemplated this angle and think that it is very plausible.

But the ‘f’ represents felony. It WAS a misdemeanor charge previously. Interesting.

There is two types of endangerment charges, misdemeanor and felony. There is a different standard for what can be a felony and what can’t. Since the crime with M** was relatively not as serious as say, leaving a sick 5 year old child home alone who later is reported missing is. They are going to use the charges that are the easiest to prove until Lucas is found because charging EG with something regarding Lucas also requires them to disclose evidence they have against her. If this ends up to be a “no body” case (we are searching round the clock to keep that from happening), the investigation is going to have to be top notch and held to a much higher standard in order to be successful. The only worse than EG never being charged with Lucas’s death would be her being charged but then found not guilty because the state wasn’t able to prove its case.

It’s not unheard of for someone to be arrested for one crime but then formally charged with another. Just like the charge for Lucas was something EG was arrested for but was not formally charged with.

It is very possible that she could have been dealing. I know some folks wondered if she, er, used herself for cash or drugs while JH was away. I wouldn't put it past her to have done something illegal before this, anyway. Only this time, Lucas is missing and there are more questions than answers, and that poor child needs to be found. My heart goes out to all the searchers- how deflating, going out day after day, and still no signs of him.

It's also crossed my mind that if and when LE charges EG with endangering Lucas (leaving him alone) someone might come up with saying they were there with him. Evidence is so important in cases. It really bothers me that JH still doesn't believe EG hurt Lucas. She must be a pretty convincing talker. If she can convince him when all the signs are there, would a jury not be able to convict her? Could her atty present reasonable doubt? What if JH took the stand for the defense?

BBM:Some men are must p whipped and will believe absolutely anything and everything they are instructed to believe. This post may be deleted but it is my opinion and a very strong opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia