Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to address something from the previous thread about the safety of Wichita. Someone had commented about an area of the city that is dangerous, and another poster was concerned about how that reflected on the city.

Without giving away too much personal info, I can confirm that there are definitely places on the north side that someone I know very well has advised me NOT to go, especially after dark. This is someone who's business it is to know these things, and I trust their judgment/opinion completely.

BUT, those are only small areas of the city, and do not represent the overall safety of Wichita. Every city has unsafe neighborhoods.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

To say you need to run red lights in the area they are searching is just absurd. If there is anywhere you should feel concerned about your safety it is down town.

The previous poster was painting an unrealistic picture of what the area is like. It used to be very run down and was dangerous years ago. It truly has changed— and if you disagree I’m guessing you don’t live in Wichita or you are not familiar with the area in it’s current state.

For those not familiar with the area here is a link to a GIS map that our county has:

https://gismaps.sedgwickcounty.org/sheriff/wgo/

You can do your own research here and see if it’s as crime saturated as others make it seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious as to why the parents names are not given. Also the girlfriends name. I did see the fathers name in a recent article, but not the other two names. Why is that? When Sherin Mathews went missing, we learned the parents name early on. We also learned search warrant contents right away. Are there any search warrants being exercised? Gps info from the car (like Mathews)? Why so secretive at this point? I'm wondering a lot of things today, as I have been catching up on this whole thread. My gut is not good. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am curious as to why the parents names are not given. Also the girlfriends name. I did see the fathers name in a recent article, but not the other two names. Why is that? When Sherin Mathews went missing, we learned the parents name early on. We also learned search warrant contents right away. Are there any search warrants being exercised? Gps info from the car (like Mathews)? Why so secretive at this point? I'm wondering a lot of things today, as I have been catching up on this whole thread. My gut is not good. Sigh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dad’s name is in MSM.

I'm still here and reading. You guys have been wonderful and have been the best source of confirmed information that I've found. If questions come up that I feel comfortable answering then I will.

I am so glad you are still here, hun. Don't worry about answering any questions, just let us know how you're doing and if there is anything we can do to help you. We do care about you and want to be there in any way that we can to help you.

I understand the reluctance to be on camera, but it seems unusual that parents/family members aren't making a plea for help other than through statements off camera.

Hoping tomorrow brings good news.

jmo

I can't blame Lucas's parents for not wanting their name or faces out there yet. As it is we're all getting random people messaging us asking personal questions or saying hurtful things. They don't need even more people harassing them at this point. We have been contacted to do interviews, but they only want on camera at this point and I personally don't feel comfortable with that. I have offered written statement or phone interview and they declined.

I can't help but think about the number 3 and how it often comes up in these cases... 3 o'clock, 3 hours... Everything just points in the same sad direction.

Sweet Lucas, please be okay. FindLucasAllen, I admire your grace and resolve. I echo my fellow WSers when I say we are here for you (even many of us who rarely post). Wishing you and all who love Lucas much much love, peace, and strength. Hoping above all for a miracle.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I can't blame Lucas's parents for not wanting their name or faces out there yet. As it is we're all getting random people messaging us asking personal questions or saying hurtful things. They don't need even more people harassing them at this point. We have been contacted to do interviews, but they only want on camera at this point and I personally don't feel comfortable with that. I have offered written statement or phone interview and they declined.

I can't blame them for being cautious with doing interviews either. IMO, family of missing children are "d@mned if the do and d@mned if they don't" when it comes to doing tv interviews or press conferences. No matter the reality of what happened to Lucas, as soon as his parents put their names and faces out there, there will be people who say they don't believe them. On the other hand, if they don't speak in front of the cameras people ask--"what are they hiding?"
I'm so sorry for what your family is going through right now.

In thread 1, there was mention of the step mom seen doing some gardening. It gave me pause for reasons I cant really say, yet. Has that been addressed?

Has anyone heard if there are search teams currently out? I wouldn't think so at this point. The weather is getting worse by the minute.

In thinking about Lucas and the many questions we are wondering about, I realized that LE has all the answers and are way ahead of us in knowing what really happened.

Questions such as: Was Lucas out of school for ten days? Was Lucas taken to the doctor for medication? Did father know Lucas was ill and home from school? Did father talk with Lucas the week prior to moving? If not, what reason was he given for not talking to him? It could be that father didn’t talk to Lucas on a regular basis, however, with him being gone so often, I can’t imagine that happening.

I am confused on this and don’t think I have seen it answered. Was dad home to help the family move? Or did girlfriend do the moving with dad being gone?

I honestly think LE has the circumstances of Lucas missing solved, they just need one more thing to make an arrest. It may be they have what they need, they are holding off hoping the stepmom will break and give them his location. As long as LE can keep her talking to them, there is at least that chance she will give up.

I pray she isn’t like Lisa’s parents, Kyron’s stepmom, Alliah, the WV girl, or the little boy lost in the mountains.(his name just won’t come), and Hayleigh Cummings. There have been too many children who disappear into thin air when we all suspect the parents are guilty.

When the dogs did not find a scent of Lucas in the new home, that put up many red flags for me. Something is terribly wrong with that scenario!

My opinions only.

With a crime rate of 65 per one thousand residents, Wichita has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15. Within Kansas, more than 100% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Wichita. In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Wichita to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

Importantly, when you compare Wichita to other communities of similar population, then Wichita crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average.
For Wichita, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ks/wichita/crime

It does not sound like a very safe place to me, and it's also ranked among the most dangerous cities in the USA. In fact, its crime index (2, with 100 being safest) is worse than Flint, Michigan (5) and the same as Detroit.

@1&2&3

I share your thoughts, and your confidence that LE is thoroughly investigating. No doubt they have answers to questions we haven't even thought of yet.

With a crime rate of 65 per one thousand residents, Wichita has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 15. Within Kansas, more than 100% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Wichita. In fact, after researching dangerous places to live, NeighborhoodScout found Wichita to be one of the top 100 most dangerous cities in the U.S.A.

Importantly, when you compare Wichita to other communities of similar population, then Wichita crime rate (violent and property crimes combined) is quite a bit higher than average.
For Wichita, we found that the violent crime rate is one of the highest in the nation, across communities of all sizes (both large and small). Violent offenses tracked included rape, murder and non-negligent manslaughter, armed robbery, and aggravated assault, including assault with a deadly weapon.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/ks/wichita/crime

It does not sound like a very safe place to me, and it's also ranked among the most dangerous cities in the USA. In fact, its crime index (2, with 100 being safest) is worse than Flint, Michigan (5) and the same as Detroit.

So proud. LOL.... 🤙 ugh.
Great info. Def has changed with the downturn in the economy. Wichita has failed to attract replacements for huge losses such as Boeing & Coleman (just 2 of many). People are desperate for quality jobs, as evidenced by Lucas’s dad driving out of town to work. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In thinking about Lucas and the many questions we are wondering about, I realized that LE has all the answers and are way ahead of us in knowing what really happened.

Questions such as: Was Lucas out of school for ten days? Was Lucas taken to the doctor for medication? Did father know Lucas was ill and home from school? Did father talk with Lucas the week prior to moving? If not, what reason was he given for not talking to him? It could be that father didn’t talk to Lucas on a regular basis, however, with him being gone so often, I can’t imagine that happening.

I am confused on this and don’t think I have seen it answered. Was dad home to help the family move? Or did girlfriend do the moving with dad being gone?

I honestly think LE has the circumstances of Lucas missing solved, they just need one more thing to make an arrest. It may be they have what they need, they are holding off hoping the stepmom will break and give them his location. As long as LE can keep her talking to them, there is at least that chance she will give up.

I pray she isn’t like Lisa’s parents, Kyron’s stepmom, Alliah, the WV girl, or the little boy lost in the mountains.(his name just won’t come), and Hayleigh Cummings. There have been too many children who disappear into thin air when we all suspect the parents are guilty.

When the dogs did not find a scent of Lucas in the new home, that put up many red flags for me. Something is terribly wrong with that scenario!

My opinions only.
SABBM

Little DeOrr Kunz Jr. :(

Excellent post with some good questions , btw !

Can't believe he isn't found yet. I am struggling to keep up from my Timezone. You guys are moving fast. Big hugs to FIndLucas.

In thread 1, there was mention of the step mom seen doing some gardening. It gave me pause for reasons I cant really say, yet. Has that been addressed?

Yes it has. She was seen weeding the front flower beds. I'm sure LE didn't miss that fact, however it has been submitted to LE just in case they overlooked it.

Checking in for little Lucas. I hope whomever is covering up whatever has happened is shaking in their shoes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I was hoping to wake up this morning with some good news but instead a second thread. I never expected it to go on this long without finding him.
When the poster put the map on to show the new park that has been searched I was shocked to see it was completely in the opposite direction to the nature reserve.
It makes me question if they are going off phone pings.
I suppose if Lucas has been put somewhere, whoever did it could have gone to the park nearer the family home and found it wasn't suitable ad the gone to the nature reserve.
I had the same feeling the other poster had. Something is bugging me seeing the two places that have been searched and the home set out on the map.
I hope today's the day either Lucas is found or someone is arrested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia