Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I have mentioned this before somewhere along the way but we (our family) lost a baby after she was killed by her mother (we were dad's side). And we called, and called and called to CPS. Nothing was done. Oh they said they would look into it. They didn't. Our calls about our worries to her and her siblings safety were ignored and then that was it. Who is to blame on all of this? Her mother of course, but CPS too. They left us powerless :( It was all over the news media, reporters everywhere, court appearances, everything. But who wanted to listen before her life was over? No one it seems.

Sorry. Taking a time out. I'll be back :(

I’m so sorry. I can’t imagine your heartache. Big hugs to you!

I agree!

It's unfortunate, because for the people who aren't doing anything wrong and mistreating their kids, a more thorough investigation into each case is going to take longer, be more thorough and frustrating, etc. BUT, if it saves the lives of these kids that are continuously hurt, then it's worth it.

The ones I find the most disturbing are the complaints filed by mandated reporters. Look at Sherin. The pediatrician called that one in. That is someone totally impartial to any of the adults involved. Why even have mandated reporters if they aren't doing what they are supposed to do. I think of the Mariah Woods case, she was actually removed, then given back. What follow up was done? It's just a terrible situation.

I had to call CPS once on my daughters father. She had told me that he put masking tape over her mouth and left it there. And then when he removed it he ripped it off hurting her lips. They did absolutely nothing. I don't think they even did anything other than take the call.

The ones I find the most disturbing are the complaints filed by mandated reporters. Look at Sherin. The pediatrician called that one in. That is someone totally impartial to any of the adults involved. Why even have mandated reporters if they aren't doing what they are supposed to do. I think of the Mariah Woods case, she was actually removed, then given back. What follow up was done? It's just a terrible situation.

I had to call CPS once on my daughters father. She had told me that he put masking tape over her mouth and left it there. And then when he removed it he ripped it off hurting her lips. They did absolutely nothing. I don't think they even did anything other than take the call.

Omg. It shocks me how many people here have called CPS and got the same results. Nothing. It's terrifying. What is being done wrong? Is it that CPS/DCF just are not doing what they should be? Are there hands tied, legally? Is it the laws that are wrong?

I'm sure I read in the Turpin case that some called CPS in regards to them, and were told that they couldn't take the report unless they (LE) actually saw it happening? Was that the Turpin case or another case that was being discussed on that thread? ... No matter really, whichever case, that's just horrifying.

I do hope your daughter is ok, jamielynn.

Checking in this morning. I can't sit with the group on the thread today like I did yesterday, but I will be checking in for updates.

Lucas, people are looking for you!! We all want you found, little guy.

It is very icy today in Wichita and the surrounding area. Thunder ice fell very heavy on me here. It's 22 degrees. The emergency accident reporting plan is in effect. Several schools are closed.

Lucas where are you????

Came to see if there are any updates on little Lucas...praying for this little one & all those who love him❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would have been a huge national story a decade ago and still should be. We are so busy looking at stupid news about celebrities and politics and who sings ok or not, that no one has time and the media hardly even reports on missing babies anymore.
Be brave, young man. They are coming for you!

I agree!

It's unfortunate, because for the people who aren't doing anything wrong and mistreating their kids, a more thorough investigation into each case is going to take longer, be more thorough and frustrating, etc. BUT, if it saves the lives of these kids that are continuously hurt, then it's worth it.

I get discouraged when considering the DCS failures. It's worth it to websleuthers and people reading here if added cost saves lives. To politicians who write the laws and fund the agencies? I'm not so sure.

IMO, our society still values parental rights more than children's rights. Children are more or less owned by their parents, and only egregious abuse / neglect cases result in parental rights being permanently removed.

IMO, we also do not have an adequate safety net for children who are victims of neglect and abuse, particularly children who have physical, emotional or developmental issues that predate or are a result of abuse/neglect. Older children with behavioral issues are sometimes warehoused in foster homes where they may or may not receive appropriate care or treatment. Living with responsible relatives can be a great option; unfortunately, I've also seen cases where parental custody was suspended and a grandparent was awarded (temporary) custody ... with the parent whose rights were suspended living with said grandparent. It was just window dressing. Since parental rights are often not severed completely, child victims don't have the option of being adopted if there were adoptive parents available, or the adoptive parents have to be willing to 'foster' the child indefinitely with no guarantee that adoption is forthcoming. A 17-year-old relative of mine wanted desperately to live with me rather than stay with her neglectful, itinerant mother who had repeatedly had interaction with DCS. However, it would have taken longer to challenge for custody or sue for emancipation than it would have been to wait until she turned 18 (she moved out the day after her birthday).

Then, when they turn 18, they are considered adults, regardless of whether they have any coping skills. I've seen where young adults have returned to an abusive / neglectful parent because it was either that or living homeless. Even loving relatives can't simply add dependent adults to insurance coverage or try to see that they receive treatment or therapy or life skills.

I agree that DCS often fails children and needs an overhaul, but I think our society also fails children, or, at the very least, does not place appropriate value on their health, care and welfare. Then, too often, we see the cycle repeated when neglected and abused children become parents themselves. MOO.

I am with u onlyjamie.....every time I follow one of these heartbreaking cases I swear it will be the last. But then, sadly, there is always another missing child case that I find myself sucked into and I pray & pray along with all my fellow Websleuthers for a good outcome. It’s so devastating to read about all these innocent little ones who have been abused and basically ignored by DCFS/CPS. It hurts my heart to know that abuse is taking place right now as I type this and I can’t do anything to stop or prevent it.

I just wanted to say- please folks, remember, it's not LE or the social workers that are to blame. Many of them agree with us on everything we're posting. They have to follow certain protocols to get children removed from these abusive situations. Blame the God awful lawyers and judges that side with the parents and basically force the children to either go back or stay in these abusive homes. Social workers and LE's hands are tied- once they present the evidence, often times, lawyers find ways to defend these God awful parents, and the victims, the children, have no say but to stay in these abusive situations, which often lead to MORE abuse after, silencing the children from talking in the future.

This would have been a huge national story a decade ago and still should be. We are so busy looking at stupid news about celebrities and politics and who sings ok or not, that no one has time and the media hardly even reports on missing babies anymore.
Be brave, young man. They are coming for you!

I agree, why are we not hearing more pleas for little Lucas to be found. If Lucas truly walked out the back door on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, why are there not more witnesses that saw him wandering the streets.

What is LE doing today? The lack of noise is deafening. Its been over 48 hrs Where are you Lucas?

I just wanted to say- please folks, remember, it's not LE or the social workers that are to blame. Many of them agree with us on everything we're posting. They have to follow certain protocols to get children removed from these abusive situations. Blame the God awful lawyers and judges that side with the parents and basically force the children to either go back or stay in these abusive homes. Social workers and LE's hands are tied- once they present the evidence, often times, lawyers find ways to defend these God awful parents, and the victims, the children, have no say but to stay in these abusive situations, which often lead to MORE abuse after, silencing the children from talking in the future.

But what about before they get to court? Before the attorneys/judges. We never got to court to go for custody. We only got to court for the other children after her death. CPS just didn't do anything when we called to report abuse/not putting on weight etc. Are there hands tied when calls are made and no action is taken? (I really don't mean this snarky, like it is coming across, I'm struggling to word it properly. I'm sorry)

Agreed. I have mentioned this before somewhere along the way but we (our family) lost a baby after she was killed by her mother (we were dad's side). And we called, and called and called to CPS. Nothing was done. Oh they said they would look into it. They didn't. Our calls about our worries to her and her siblings safety were ignored and then that was it. Who is to blame on all of this? Her mother of course, but CPS too. They left us powerless :( It was all over the news media, reporters everywhere, court appearances, everything. But who wanted to listen before her life was over? No one it seems.

Sorry. Taking a time out. I'll be back :(

I am so sorry to hear this, hun! That poor little darling. Just know that you and your family did all that you could to love and protect her, she had people that loved her very much in her corner, and that does count for something. I'm just so sorry that your pleas to help her didn't get results- again, I don't believe it's the social workers or LE- they have to follow protocols that the courts set for them. Even if they wholeheartedly agree with you and want those children out of that environment, their hands are tied. The laws need to change, and drastically! This should not be happening, children should not be forced to stay in abusive homes until something tragic like this happens.

Then you have idiots like in DAnthrplgst's niece's case, to which take up precious time and resources investigating false claims because vindictive family and friends call DCSF to enact revenge on the one parent or guardians that are trying to raise the children in a safe and loving environment. These calls happen more often than people realize, and those take up LE's and social workers precious time having to investigate these claims.

Sending you a big hug, my heart is just aching for you and your family. May she rest in peace with the angels. I hope and pray that her siblings are doing well and are happy.

I am so sorry to hear this, hun! That poor little darling. Just know that you and your family did all that you could to love and protect her, she had people that loved her very much in her corner, and that does count for something. I'm just so sorry that your pleas to help her didn't get results- again, I don't believe it's the social workers or LE- they have to follow protocols that the courts set for them. Even if they wholeheartedly agree with you and want those children out of that environment, their hands are tied. The laws need to change, and drastically! This should not be happening, children should not be forced to stay in abusive homes until something tragic like this happens.

Then you have idiots like in DAnthrplgst's niece's case, to which take up precious time and resources investigating false claims because vindictive family and friends call DCSF to enact revenge on the one parent or guardians that are trying to raise the children in a safe and loving environment. These calls happen more often than people realize, and those take up LE's and social workers precious time having to investigate these claims.

Sending you a big hug, my heart is just aching for you and your family. May she rest in peace with the angels. I hope and pray that her siblings are doing well and are happy.

Thank you Steelslady. You are quite right. It is the protocols that are just not protecting the children. It's so easier for me (and everyone) to get so angry at CPS because that's where the anger can be obviously directed. That's where it appears the problem is, but laws are failing them here.

Her sister is doing well as can be. Her brother not so much. He is the eldest and witnessed things he shouldn't have and I think he may carry it with him forever.

Oh my gosh. That is so terrible. I’m so sorry. The system fails. I understand that both COS and custody courts are overloaded, and it sucks. But they really need to do better for these children.

All state and federal agencies need to do better. Schools as well. Early family intervention needs more funding and everyone needs to take responsibility for this never ending epidemic. Mandatory reporters need to call for every little thing and citizens need to flood the phone system to their local lawmakers and demand action to be taken. I floated between social services and teaching and I have seen it all and changes need to happen! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia