Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Please remember we can't post any picture without linking back to its source. Also, rarely do we allow random social media pictures. We have no way of knowing if the photo is legit.

Thanks,
Tricia

Bumping Tricia's warning from earlier.

I agree. There is another picture that is floating around I saw in the Missing Lucas group of him in a black baseball cap and its a different version than the one that is posted in the beginning of this thread. The picture in this thread is cropped but if you saw the one that is not cropped you'd be disturbed by it. He looks SO skinny. The way to describe how he looks is like children who have cancer that are really thin. He looks sickly. I just can't. He looks so different than in the picture you quoted. Like a totally different kid.

This is a less cropped version from the Daily Mail:
cache.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5410217/Boy-age-five-missing-Wichita-Kansas.html

But what about before they get to court? Before the attorneys/judges. We never got to court to go for custody. We only got to court for the other children after her death. CPS just didn't do anything when we called to report abuse/not putting on weight etc. Are there hands tied when calls are made and no action is taken? (I really don't mean this snarky, like it is coming across, I'm struggling to word it properly. I'm sorry)

My only answer to you, and please know it is with utmost respect to all families like yourself that have gone through this- follow a social worker around for one month. You will see and hear things you can't even imagine happening to children. They have to go to schools and talk with teachers and principals, confer with LE, go to the person's home who is accused of abuse and assess the situation. Thanks to laws and lawyers that promote them, a social worker cannot just show up when a call is made- they have to give the parent(s) a notice. Then they have to document everything, lots and lots of paperwork.

They also visit children in the hospitals, taking statements of what occurred to them from the children, doctor's and nurses.

Many social workers are lucky if they get lunch on the run- most have to pack and eat in their cars on the way to the next case.

Social workers have to be present at every court hearing- do you know how many of those they attend per year?

Social workers miss family dinners, get called out on holidays. It is an endless job, it isn't like many of us who leave our work at the end of the day, come home and eat, spend time with our family, watch TV shows or sports. MANY social workers do work after hours on their OWN dimes. They love and care about children. Believe me, it hurts them when you have a precious child like Lucas and your niece, they want to take them away, but their hands are ties because of laws. Laws!

I have seen quite a few tears shed over the years by beautiful and caring social workers, who berate themselves when the court system failed the child. As I have said before, they have to follow a protocol and the criteria has to be met before they can take action.

The hours are endless, the pay is just awful. There are so many cases, not enough social workers or time in the day for them to complete their assessments.

Let's also get into foster homes- there are some emergency foster homes set up for temporary stays, but then, the social worker has to find a permanent situation, which is not easy. One time, the court was actually trying to protect a teen from abusive parents- every time they tracked where their child was, LE and the social worker had to drop what they were doing, arrest the parents, grab the child, and get them to another safe emergency location and find another safe place across the state- yes, that far away, in this particular case. This happened several times, some in the middle of the night! She had to get out of bed, and mind you, she wasn't feeling well herself and was very run down, but she threw on her clothes, left a note for her family (no cell phones or internet back then), and off she went, driving an hour away from her house, collecting the child's things while LE and the foster parents tried to calm the frightened child down, drove another hour and plus minutes to another emergency foster home, found a new place a few days later, gathered the child, went to court on the behalf of the child, transferred the child's school records (did you know social workers do this?), and try to get the child established in their new envirnment

Then you have times when the foster parents and the child don't mix personality wise- not too often, but there are times the child tries to run away from their foster parents, and guess who has to go and try to look for them and find them a temporary place to stay, then a more suitable foster home.

I think you all get my drift on the day of a social worker, but please know, I am sympathetic on both sides here, both to the victims and their families, and to the wonderful social workers who put more hours in one or two days a week than some of us do in 7 days.

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families, as well as the social workers who work long hours with no thanks but non stop criticism, when the courts and lawyers fail to protect the children.

Thanks. He does look quite thin in that photo. But then I think of my own son (age 4.5) and how he has really thinned out a lot in the past 6 months or so.

Even in the full body photo in the middle, his arms and stuff look thin. He just had chubbier cheeks. So it's possible he's always just been a thin child and as he's gotten older he has thinned out and lost more baby fat. I guess I'd need to see more photos to see if there's a scary difference to me. I do wonder how much time passed between photo on the left and the photo in the middle though.

He really is such a little cutie pie!

I've been here reading and am so sad for little Lucas :( I don't have anything to add so I just keep watching for updates.

FindLucasAllen - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. You have been strong for Lucas.

Once I heard the question of if it was true he was not in school, my stomach dropped. I had concerns in the beginning anyway, but this just took it to a whole new level. When was he last seen??!!!!! That question hasn't been answered by anyone other than SM and that is such a huge concern for me.

Poor baby. I pray he is found soon.

There you go! I was waiting for it to show up in MSM. This one is still cropped but you can see what I was referring to.

He is so tiny, I agree, and his little face breaks my heart! The thing is, we don't have any way of knowing when these photos were taken. He might be 3 or 4 in some photos and that could be why he looks smaller in different shots. It also looks like he has an oversized sweatshirt in one photo and a hat that is too big for his head and that could be making him seem even smaller. JMO.
I hope they find Lucas soon. :please:

My only answer to you, and please know it is with utmost respect to all families like yourself that have gone through this- follow a social worker around for one month. You will see and hear things you can't even imagine happening to children. They have to go to schools and talk with teachers and principals, confer with LE, go to the person's home who is accused of abuse and assess the situation. Thanks to laws and lawyers that promote them, a social worker cannot just show up when a call is made- they have to give the parent(s) a notice. Then they have to document everything, lots and lots of paperwork.

They also visit children in the hospitals, taking statements of what occurred to them from the children, doctor's and nurses.

Many social workers are lucky if they get lunch on the run- most have to pack and eat in their cars on the way to the next case.

Social workers have to be present at every court hearing- do you know how many of those they attend per year?

Social workers miss family dinners, get called out on holidays. It is an endless job, it isn't like many of us who leave our work at the end of the day, come home and eat, spend time with our family, watch TV shows or sports. MANY social workers do work after hours on their OWN dimes. They love and care about children. Believe me, it hurts them when you have a precious child like Lucas and your niece, they want to take them away, but their hands are ties because of laws. Laws!

I have seen quite a few tears shed over the years by beautiful and caring social workers, who berate themselves when the court system failed the child. As I have said before, they have to follow a protocol and the criteria has to be met before they can take action.

The hours are endless, the pay is just awful. There are so many cases, not enough social workers or time in the day for them to complete their assessments.

Let's also get into foster homes- there are some emergency foster homes set up for temporary stays, but then, the social worker has to find a permanent situation, which is not easy. One time, the court was actually trying to protect a teen from abusive parents- every time they tracked where their child was, LE and the social worker had to drop what they were doing, arrest the parents, grab the child, and get them to another safe emergency location and find another safe place across the state- yes, that far away, in this particular case. This happened several times, some in the middle of the night! She had to get out of bed, and mind you, she wasn't feeling well herself and was very run down, but she threw on her clothes, left a note for her family (no cell phones or internet back then), and off she went, driving an hour away from her house, collecting the child's things while LE and the foster parents tried to calm the frightened child down, drove another hour and plus minutes to another emergency foster home, found a new place a few days later, gathered the child, went to court on the behalf of the child, transferred the child's school records (did you know social workers do this?), and try to get the child established in their new envirnment

Then you have times when the foster parents and the child don't mix personality wise- not too often, but there are times the child tries to run away from their foster parents, and guess who has to go and try to look for them and find them a temporary place to stay, then a more suitable foster home.

I think you all get my drift on the day of a social worker, but please know, I am sympathetic on both sides here, both to the victims and their families, and to the wonderful social workers who put more hours in one or two days a week than some of us do in 7 days.

My heart goes out to all the victims and their families, as well as the social workers who work long hours with no thanks but non stop criticism, when the courts and lawyers fail to protect the children.

I understand this and I thank you for sharing this with us. I have no idea what each day looks like for each CPS worker. And I agree, completely, that some are this way. Most in fact. But sometimes, there are those cases were the CPS worker is prosecuted for their lack of action in cases like this.

I cannot image having that job (dang, I'm in real estate - my job is hardly life and death) and my heart goes out to each and every one of you who work so hard to keep these children safe and to each and every one of you who have their hands tied by the system. My god, what a distressing situation to be put in? So close you can almost pull a child from that awful experiences but so far because the ridiculous laws keeps it that way.

We did not experience any of the good from ours.

Sorry, Steels and everyone here. I have let my emotions get in the way of this and I'm dragging this thread into whole other realms.

I know personally, I cannot think about another day of hitting “refresh” without seeing positive news. We are in this together and need to feel productive, for the family & most of all for sweet Lucas. We are being told we cannot go search.. so we must work through things here, together.

I’m going to ask this, please do not judge, but what about the older boys? Boys play rough. The back door was open. Had they been outside and something went accidentally wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know personally, I cannot think about another day of hitting “refresh” without seeing positive news. We are in this together and need to feel productive, for the family & most of all for sweet Lucas. We are being told we cannot go search.. so we must work through things here, together.

I’m going to ask this, please do not judge, but what about the older boys? Boys play rough. The back door was open. Had they been outside and something went accidentally wrong?

What older boys?

I've looked and can't find the answer - are we allowed to say what we "see" being said on social media, or no?

There will be no good outcome here, and I think many of us have a good idea who the responsible person is.

Oh hell. I thought she no longer had custody of them (sorry, I might be confusing my cases).

I have seen several people say she no longer had custody of them as well, and hasn't since they were very little.

I've looked and can't find the answer - are we allowed to say what we "see" being said on social media, or no?

No. If we can't link to it, we can't discuss it. (We can only link to MSM/LE)

I understood this from PD. I don’t follow any SM info on this case.

:heartbeat: Let today be the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members