Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But someone mentioned school closings. Today? Doesn't sound like weather is bad enough to keep kids
home but if there is a big storm approaching, I can understand closings for tomorrow.

But my point is: there were 2,000 kids in my area that stayed home yesterday because of an implied threat of violence. It was deemed not credible and things are back to normal today but I'm sure LE is going to be ready, regardless. So maybe that's what's going on?!

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

No, schools are not closed today. They might be tomorrow due to weather that is coming in late this afternoon, though.

Yes, drugs and weapons are sold at parks. Lots of gang activity goes on at these parks. Food trucks are seen but usually when there is a party and they are invited to serve that party. This would be birthdays, weddings, etc.

Also parks are used for clubs such as fencing clubs, exercise groups, etc.

Son, an adult, has seen all this happen when he has attended weddings as late as last fall and when he was in a fencing group.

Yes, here in Wichita. Yes, at some of the parks searched.

What bothers the most when I think of parks or recreational areas is Joseph Duncan, who was one of the worst sadistic pedophile murderers, I have ever seen. He hung out in these same areas always looking for his next prey. :(

He said it was easy to blend in with everyone else there, and at times he pretended to befriend children who were running around playing having fun. When he killed the two little sisters in Washington state he took them to a park a couple of miles away after he had lured them away from a public pool.

I know that most likely with Lucas being a missing child the person/suspect is probably well known to him whom he trusted.

But it scares me also that Duncan said he would learn where the child/children lived, and all about the daily routines of the families of some of the children he kidnapped. He watched the 2 Greone children and their family home three days before he went in, and kidnapped Shasta, and Dylan.

So both possibilities are heartbreaking to even consider. I know LE has said they don't believe an abduction took place, but from what I can tell that was said early on. I know they have had to learned more since then in their ongoing investigation. Investigations are constantly evolving, and never stay the same as they were on day one.

Its sort of like we hear LE say so many times that the community is not in any danger implying the victim was targeted by someone they knew. Yet many times when there was finally an arrest made the offender was a complete stranger to the victim/s. Some of the offenders in other communities even went on to do other crimes before their arrests.

I guess what I am saying is I want LE to keep an open mind to all possibilities in Lucas' case. And not do like the police did who had tunnel vision instantly in Jessica Lunsford, Elizabeth Smart, and with the Greone missing children (etc) by focusing all of their attention and effort on trying to blame the parents when they were totally innocent.

What I pray does not happen is little Lucas is never found. They must find these sweet baby. They must.

IMO

Great!

What would be there that wouldn't be in a regular garden?

Duck feathers? Birds in the lake there?

Need to review the info on their websites more...

duck poop? :thinking:

THAT can get ALL over a park...

speaking from experience...

JMO...

No, schools are not closed today. They might be tomorrow due to weather that is coming in late this afternoon, though.

So today would be a great day to find little Lucas.

I hope LE is working with good leads.

jmo

Dr. Glen Dey Park
http://www.wichita.gov/ParkandRec/CityParks/Pages/DrGlenDey.aspx

"Picnic Amenities

Drinking Fountains | Open Shelter | Parking Lots | Picnic Tables | Restroom Facility

Rent an Outdoor Open Shelter

Recreation

Basketball/Multi-use Court | Children's Playground | Exercise/Fitness Trail | Football Fields | Wichita Wild Habitat Area

Children's Playgrounds

Two playgrounds (west and east).

West playground has sand safety surface.

East playground has rubber pour-in-place safety surface.

Open Shelter

One open shelter (dimensions 54' x 24' x 30') with lighting and electrical receptacles."

I believe this has been mentioned...

but chalk from outlines of sports fields? :thinking:

They can't be going by phone pings/gps otherwise just one park would have been searched, right?

Unless someone cased out/drove around to several parks before deciding on one?

wow!

"someone" may have cell phone ping records of "researching" a number of parks!

good thought! :thumb:

"The variety of habitats and climate provides opportunities for a wide variety of animals and plants. In Kansas alone there have been recorded:

87 species of mammals 457 species of birds 67 species of snakes, lizards and turtles32 species of amphibians142 species of fish~ 20,000 species of invertebrate animals including over 15,000 species of*mnsects 46 species of*unionid mussels~ 200 species of woody plantsover 800 species of non-woody flowering plants~ 150 species of grasses"

http://gpnc.org/

perhaps a fishing pole of Lucas has been analyzed by LE?
(He likes to fish per parents.)

:thinking:

I have to ask again since we're still talking about the parks....hasn't LE left the parks? Or are they still searching parks? I was under the impression they are not in the parks anymore. Clue me in! tia.

I'm getting such a Kyron Horman feel to this. Stepmom with new baby, she's the last one to see him, he's just disappeared without a trace. Oh god, I hope this isn't another Kyron case.

Woody Plants
GPNC
http://gpnc.org/woody-plants/

*more lists at website (birds, etc)

"At the far end of the Koch Habitat Hall, visitors can enter theBob Gress Wildlife Observatorywhich looks out onto the wetlands of*Chisholm Creek Park.* The area immediately outside the windows is landscaped with a recirculating stream, bird feeders and plants attractive to butterflies and birds"

http://gpnc.org/the-koch-habitat-hall/

Do visitors need to pay to park at these parks?

perhaps pay stubs were found in the car/somewhere?

perhaps there is one type issued by all of the parks since they are run by the same department?

But I imagine a date would be stamped on it...

I'm thinking that either the 'SWAT tanks' are being used for searching off-road areas. Or there is a training or other event occurring that has nothing to do with Lucas' disappearance.
I'm thinking either training or it's a convoy of new manufacture. Especially since the generic POLICE and not WPD. There is an academy within an hour of ICT.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

"Now it's one of northeast Wichita's largest parks, with nearly 126 acres and some unique features."

City renames park after Glen Dey
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article1061050.html

"It is designed for enjoyment and education about the heritage of the area. There are native grasses and other plants as well as two football fields, a basketball court and a new playground on the park's east side.

There is also a mural made up of 2,000 glass tiles attached to a curvy, 85-foot-wide concrete wall that includes a feather, arrowhead, turtle, leaf, buffalo, sunflowers and a rainbow.
Elementary school children helped a local artist with the design."

Snip

"The park is bordered by Chisholm Creek on the north, 27th Street on the south and Hillside on the east.

A winding paved road connects the two sides of the park. A bike path that connects the park with the Boys & Girls Club and the Canal Route at McAdams Park is almost complete.

A vast area of the park still needs more developing, Burton and Roseboro said.

Hopes are that some of the land will be used for a meadow made up of native grasses and wildflowers."

OK so what "native grasses" and "wildflowers"....I wonder which might not be prevalent residentially, etc....it's Winter now....

Eta:

Dr. Glen Dey Park
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Dr-Glen-Dey-Park-Wichita-Ks/468365366603604

BBM...

Perhaps his class helped with the making of the tiles?

I don't know why there would be much in this, though...

LE are searching MULTIPLE parks...

Thinking back to little Mariah Woods - it was 5 days after she was reported missing that phone pings led police to her body. I don’t know if that’s the average amount of time it takes for LE to obtain and process that information. In the meantime they searched other areas and I can’t recall if it was mentioned what led them to the other areas. I also can’t remember if LE offered that K9’s had alerted in Mariah’s home.

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster here :lurk:

All of this talks about the parks have me SO confused. I understand that the search came from a tip line but this has to be more than "I think he was at the park," "they said they were going to the park," or any identifying flora, right? IMO a park is a pretty unexceptional place to have/spot a five year-old, so you would think they would just be going there for signs of him to trace his steps..

The fact that they have spent this much time at the park leads me to believe that they received very specific information, and I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

IMO LE are light years ahead of us, information-wise, and I wish that we had a better idea of what was going on. :notgood:

:wagon:
Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster here :lurk:

All of this talks about the parks have me SO confused. I understand that the search came from a tip line but this has to be more than "I think he was at the park," "they said they were going to the park," or any identifying flora, right? IMO a park is a pretty unexceptional place to have/spot a five year-old, so you would think they would just be going there for signs of him to trace his steps..

The fact that they have spent this much time at the park leads me to believe that they received very specific information, and I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

IMO LE are light years ahead of us, information-wise, and I wish that we had a better idea of what was going on. :notgood:

:welcome6:

Has anyone from the family talked to the news or on any blogs, beside the grandmother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm