Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #21 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not related and don't have a relationship in any way to any children involved other than Lucas so we wouldn't have the opportunity to have kinship placement or adopt.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Actually, in many states, a relative of Lucas would be considered “fictive kin” to the babies (the one already here and the one she is pregnant with). And there could be some long term benefits for the children to be with Lucas’ family. It may be worth considering and looking into if someone is interested.

Do the dates have to match though? If she stole someone's identity or a prescription pad or doctor's stationery or whatever it was on 1/11, it still could have been used later in relation to Lucas, right? She may not have taken whatever she took to help EG, but rather just happened to have it when EG needed it.

IMO
I don't know how it works, but I would think if it were for forging drs note the date of the charge would be the date the note was forged. The charge that throws me is the stealing of identity causing more than a 100,000 damage to the victim. Time will tell, I hope whatever the charges are that it does shake something loose and helps in finding Lucas.

You might be right, I just can't figure out how it could apply - the date of occurrence is 1/11/2018 for all the charges and the identity theft charge is

[FONT=&quot](B) severity level 5, nonperson felony if the monetary loss to the victim or victims is more than $100,000.

[/FONT]So I just can't figure out how that works into something regarding Lucas.

Hopefully it will become clearer soon.

I don't know how it works, but I would think if it were for forging drs note the date of the charge would be the date the note was forged. The charge that throws me is the stealing of identity causing more than a 100,000 damage to the victim. Time will tell, I hope whatever the charges are that it does shake something loose and helps in finding Lucas.

I keep letting my mind wander to a life insurance (or some sort of insurance) fraud/forgery with that specific amount. But I feel doubtful that is correct too.

I keep letting my mind wander to a life insurance (or some sort of insurance) fraud/forgery with that specific amount. But I feel doubtful that is correct too.

Actually that is the first thing that came to mind when the charges first came out, but then a poster informed me that it was impossible to purchase a life insurance policy that large on a minor child, in addition to there being a certain waiting period between when policy was purchased and death occurred in order for the death amount to be paid out.

Wild speculation, but forging someone's signature is the identity theft, right? So whomever she took the Rx pad from is the victim, and maybe that person faced a significant fine for not securing the Rx pad? I admit it seems far fetched that a fine would be over 100K, especially given that I worked for a surgeon 20 years ago and while we were not careless with Rx pads, we certainly didn't treat them like they were worth 100K.

It all really does depend on current law.
It can be proven that he left his son in the care of a violent abuser.
There is neglect that lead to the death of a child.
Currently it might be a case by case basis.
A new law would be across the board.
No one gets to skirt.

I’m thinking the new law would only apply to new cases though - the other cases are grandfathered. For instance Jessica Lunsford Act couldn’t be applied to jessica lunsfords case retroactively but from here on out continuous sexual abuse (defined as over a period of more than 30 days ) will apply for a 25yr minimum all the way to 99yrs.
I know way too much about this particular law as we attempted to get my ex husband on this law but couldn’t prove dates of the abuse against our child. ::angry::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking the new law would only apply to new cases though - the other cases are grandfathered. For instance Jessica Lunsford Act couldn’t be applied to jessica lunsfords case retroactively but from here on out continuous sexual abuse (defined as over a period of more than 30 days ) will apply for a 25yr minimum all the way to 99yrs.
I know way too much about this particular law as we attempted to get my ex husband on this law but couldn’t prove dates of the abuse against our child. ::angry::

Oh, no. I'm so sorry that your family had to experience this. My heart breaks for you and I hope he eventually gets what he deserves, and then some.

Thank you, you worded that explanation better than I did.

I think she's been laundering money (by filing false medical insurance claims) through the place she worked - among other things, and got busted when the investigation into Lucas' disappearance began. JMO MOO Then again, would she be smart enough to pull that off?

A new law is applicable at the date determined when the law is passed. The law passed after Lucas went missing, which means it wasn't an applicable law when Lucas was being abused, which mean JH was not committing a crime by not reporting his knowledge of abuse because there was no law requiring it. No one is skirting anything - there just wasn't a law on the books. I haven't read into it, but it may not still be on the books, even today, yet.
I will be pizzed off if he is not held responsible one way or the other.
Lucas was his responsibility. He failed.
Hopefully he NEVER gets custody of his other kids.

Speaking of custody. Why did he have custody of Lucas?
He lived on the road.
An argument that holds water in family law.
I dont understand. Theres alot we dont know.

Wild speculation, but forging someone's signature is the identity theft, right? So whomever she took the Rx pad from is the victim, and maybe that person faced a significant fine for not securing the Rx pad? I admit it seems far fetched that a fine would be over 100K, especially given that I worked for a surgeon 20 years ago and while we were not careless with Rx pads, we certainly didn't treat them like they were worth 100K.

ik in the article released, link below, it references a few dates regarding doctor's notes. but maybe this had happened a few more times and it wasnt released to MSM - maybe the damage amount increased with multiple occurrences or there was one RX pad note that was for something more significant than "falling or the flu". maybe a prescription to a sedative/medicine Lucas absolutely did not need.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article208704089.html

I will be pizzed off if he is not held responsible one way or the other.
Lucas was his responsibility. He failed.
Hopefully he NEVER gets custody of his other kids.

Speaking of custody. Why did he have custody of Lucas?
He lived on the road.
An argument that holds water in family law.
I dont understand. Theres alot we dont know.
JO gave up custody on her own. Without cause, you can't have your child taken from you for having employment that requires travel, so there was no reason to not allow him custody. Professional athletes are a prime example. But you should have the common sense to ensure your child is in good care while you are gone.

ik in the article released, link below, it references a few dates regarding doctor's notes. but maybe this had happened a few more times and it wasnt released to MSM - maybe the damage amount increased with multiple occurrences or there was one RX pad note that was for something more significant than "falling or the flu". maybe a prescription to a sedative/medicine Lucas absolutely did not need.

But KE's Court docs show the charge was for 1/11 - not multiple dates, and 2+ weeks prior to the doctor's notes. It could still be this, but I'm not sure how it can line up.

Edit: I misinterpreted what you meant. You meant other doctor's notes were written at different times, and MSM doesn't have those dates. I was assuming you meant dates for the alleged crimes. My apologies.

I think she's been laundering money (by filing false medical insurance claims) through the place she worked - among other things, and got busted when the investigation into Lucas' disappearance began. JMO MOO Then again, would she be smart enough to pull that off?
Are you thinking like disability or workmen's comp? If she had access to an rx pad, it's not the first or only time she's used it. To properly pull off forged rx to obtain drugs, more than likely she has an accomplice in the medical office to verify controlled rx to pharmacy standard procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018