Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people, including those who get on a jury, smoke weed and her trial ended with many thinking what's the harm, really, in smoking a little here and there even if the kids are around...

Not so with a missing child. Most people do not identify with a kid going missing and the person in charge of the kid not telling what she knows.

I think her next jury will not have empathy for her; her first jury could have done so very easily, imo.

I am so thankful Lucas has been found! This case has been quite different for me than any other I have participated in. I have made good friends, learned a lot about what to do and not to do while searching and saw my city come together in a way that at moments made me want to find another state but mostly made me proud. Thank you to everyone who contributed their minds and energy into finding Lucas. Hopefully soon, there will be a time to go deeper into everything that has gone on behind the scenes but for now, I will just say you will not believe how close we had been to this little guy on more than one occasion. By close, I mean within feet! I take solace in knowing God has His time and His plan for how things needed to unfold. #TeamLucas

"We knew we would eventually have to make this update, but it doesn’t make it any less painful
1f494.png

A body, believed to be that of Lucas Hernandez, was recovered this afternoon in Harvey County, KS - 18 miles north of Wichita.

A PI hired to investigate the case reportedly questioned Emily Glass for quite a while and she eventually led him to an area under a bridge in the area of the 9700 block of South Woodlawn. A badly decomposed body was discovered.

Glass was booked into Sedgwick County Detention Center at 10:34 pm. and charged with interfere with LEO/obstruction.

More information will become available in the next few days.

Please keep those who knew and loved Lucas in your thoughts and prayers. May justice for Lucas will be swift and without mercy."

Missing Pieces Network
BBM
This isn't to say she knowingly and intentionally led him to the area the body was found. He might have questioned her enough that she felt she needed to move the body........further. I just wonder if she told JH or if this is new to him.

12:30am here... not sure how I am going to sleep tonight but I hope its with beautiful dreams of Lucas and all the other children in Heaven playing.

I know some are upset that EG was released on the previous charge, but I wanted to remind everyone of 1 thing... We have been praying to every higher power available to bring Lucas home and pleading with Lucas in spirit to lead searchers to him. Maybe, they tried and releasing the only person who knew where he was located seemed like the only way to do that. Then once that didnt go to plan, the reached the needed amount to hire a PI (even though none of us liked how any fundraising was handled).... Day 2 of being there, Mr. Marshburn gets info out of EG and locates Lucas? Yea, I dont believe in coincidences.

Lucas, if all that you survived in life and all that you have accomplished in death isnt what makes someone a superhero, then I dont know what does. Move over Batman, we have a new HERO and he is beyond SUPER!!! Someday, I hope to be as awesome and beloved as you.

@FindLucasAllen and Jamie and all those that loved Lucas, my prayers are with you all. Nothing I say will make this hurt less, but please know, you are surrounded by love and wrapped in the cape of the cutest little superhero the world has ever known.

@EG, I wouldnt waste my time to say anything more than, I hope you rot for the remainder of your miserable life all alone never to even lay eyes on another precious child.

It’s a way to hold her til bigger charges come. Breathe! I promise! She’d already been identified as a flight risk! They want to hold on to her now!
I'm surprised she didn't flee, knowing this PI was coming. She's a brazen one for sticking around, I will give her that much.

I still can't get over her smirk at the end of her trial. Little miss high and mighty thought that she fooled everyone. Karma came back and bit her in the tail this time. She's not going anywhere now.

I am so thankful Lucas has been found! This case has been quite different for me than any other I have participated in. I have made good friends, learned a lot about what to do and not to do while searching and saw my city come together in a way that at moments made me want to find another state but mostly made me proud. Thank you to everyone who contributed their minds and energy into finding Lucas. Hopefully soon, there will be a time to go deeper into everything that has gone on behind the scenes but for now, I will just say you will not believe how close we had been to this little guy on more than one occasion. By close, I mean within feet! I take solace in knowing God has His time and His plan for how things needed to unfold. #TeamLucas

The work you did was amazing, you are a saint. Please don't think I discounted what you all did when I said I was glad searchers did not find him. I just like the nail in the coffin effect it could have on EG.

If I'm ever missing, I hope someone gets all of the Wichita searchers on the case.

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

Members of the group "FLH: Finding Lucas Hernandez" have spent countless hours the last few months hoping and praying for the boy to be found.

The group told KAKE News they got a call just after 5 p.m. Thursday that Lucas' remains had been found in Harvey County. Private investigator David Marshburn is the one who found Lucas' remains under a bridge in the 9700 block of South Woodlawn, east of Sedgwick.

Sheila Medlam, one of the main faces of the finding Lucas group, said their last search was just over a two minute drive from the rural area of Harvey County. The group said they were not leaving the scene until Lucas does.

Searchers fight back tears after body of Lucas Hernandez is found

The work you did was amazing, you are a saint. Please don't think I discounted what you all did when I said I was glad searchers did not find him. I just like the nail in the coffin effect it could have on EG.

If I'm ever missing, I hope someone gets all of the Wichita searchers on the case.

I wasn't offended by anything you said! I think it worked out well for the same reason!

I'm believing that dad is devastated this evening. His blind faith in the woman he loves..we may never see it, nor ever hear it, but this man will carry the blame and burden for the rest of his life. I believe he loves Lucas very much. (Loved.) I feel so sorry for the whole family, all of their complicated sides.. (Not E G, though. Nothing but contempt for her.)

I'm wondering if she slipped up in questioning with the PI yesterday. She knew he knew where LH was now, so she was scrambling to try to move him so that when he wasn't found she could just make up another lie, to go into her never-ending string of lies, about why she made up a random spot where he was and claim she isn't involved.... Just thinking out loud
So glad to *hear* you thinking again. :D

Last edited:
I knew I had heard of you folks going out there- wow! Thanks so much for all that you did searching for Lucas.

Wow, checked the news before bed and I guess I'm not sleeping for a minute now! I honestly didn' think he'd be found so quickly after EG's release. Wondering if she grew a conscience in jail and gave up his location; It's doubtful, I know. Glad Lucas has finally been found and EG is being booked for presumably what she should have been in jail for in the first place. It doesn' surprise me, but it still angers me to think there are garbage people like that in the world.

I saw someone ask earlier how long she had been out of jail...
She had been released just over one week ago, last Wednesday 5/16
Eight days.
Im still crying. Happy he’s found, sad he’s truly gone... FLA my heart and prayers are with you and your family

Thank you to all searchers, WS’ers, PI, & family members who refused to let Lucas down, an

Now that Lucas’ body has been found, I feel the real sorrow caving in around me. I knew this was the outcome, but now it’s no longer hypothetical. It pains me how real and dangerous the abuse was. Absolutely sickening.

It’s so unfair that the “justice” is to keep EG locked up. It feels so insignificant for all the pain and hurt, and eventual death she caused in an innocent child’s life.

I came to WS because of Lucas. I’d stay up reading anything about the case when it first broke, just hoping that within that first week he would be found safe. I found WS and I kept visiting the boards before joining. Like others before me, I really want to believe I’m one and done after this. For those of you who work with these cases for a living, God Bless You. You are angels on earth.

May Lucas wrap his love and strength around all those grieving him tonight.

I wonder if the PI put a tracker on her car?

Would she have known where you were searching and got rattled that you were so close?

OK, I no longer believe EG just gave up the location of where she put Lucas. I think she said something inadvertently or, more likely, visited the area to be sure he would not be found, and was followed. Jennifer17 suggested the PI may have put a tracker on her car. That is a reasonable scenario.

It seems that the district attorney who visited the scene earlier Thursday is the person who claimed EG had been at the scene hours earlier, long before the arrival of the PI and LE. Now, if that is true--and I don't know for sure how accurate that reporting is--it would make sense that EG was somehow not necessarily followed but tracked to the scene. That could be the reason for them knowing exactly where to go without actually following her directly.

It should all be clearer soon. I do have a huge problem accepting that EG just came clean on her own. Something happened that tripped her up, imo. You will be able to knock me over with a feather if it is shown that EG confessed or gave away the body's location willingly. She just doesn't strike me as the type to confess to something that she knew she could get away with if she just watched her Ps and Qs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member