Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 134952
The circled spot is where I understand him to have been found. The picture was taken from the north end facing south.
Thank you pink. That picture tells me so much. And even deepens my hatred for EG. How could she? Just how could she sit, eat and sleep knowing his body was out in those elements? I hate her. I’m no longer going to keep trying to stay detached to avoid the grief. That photo put me over the edge. I’m going to go in my bathroom, close the door and let it out. I say it again, I hate her.
ETA: I apologize to readers. Hate is such an ugly word and an even uglier feeling, one I’m not used to. I don’t like it. I’m sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many feet would you say it is from the roadside to the bottom of the embankment she would have to go down to get to the actual "bridge" opening? How steep is it? From the aeriel shots it looks kind of steep and scary, but the bridge itself actually looks bigger and more noticeable than it does from the road - so I'm guessing it might not be as steep as I was thinking.

On the north and south side, it is about 5 foot down from the road to the ground (according to Mr. Pink) and the slope is not sharp at all. I am not a climber and if I had to, I could get down and back up on my own.

The north side is easy to get in. Down a little embankment and then the culvert is wide open. I am thinking more like dragging in this scenario. I should say, I am not discounting help or other possible shenanigans.
*smacks myself in the head* Well, duh, Steels...........

I didn't even give dragging a thought. I see what you mean now. I still feel she had to know it was there, though, right? I mean, in the pitch dark, while driving, she just so happened to find this place by herself? It was under a bridge, hidden so to speak. If she didn't know it was there, then who did? Or was she just really really lucky?

I, too am in the camp of worrying about if she had her daughter with her that night. God, I hope not. That poor sweet baby, she must have been so confused after Lucas disappeared. Babies that age are attached to their siblings, especially if they live at home. My one year old (at the time) daughter used to get so excited when we'd greet the bus, because she knew her sister was on it. Then to be taken away from both parents, my heart aches for the little darling. I hope and pray that she is happy, healthy, and well adjusted in her new home. I also pray she stays there or in some other safe and happy home for the rest of her life, free from any abuse. Lucas would want that for her.

View attachment 134952
The circled spot is where I understand him to have been found. The picture was taken from the north end facing south.

Thanks for posting this. That poor kid. Ugh......

How many times did people post in the beginning that they thought he was in a culvert? I remember hours and hours of discussion about this, Henry and GigTu trying to help searchers with areas that possibly had them. Whoever brought that up first- my hat is off to you.

Hi everyone, long time lurker of multiple cases but first time poster. Lucas has touched me as he as all of you. As a first time new Mom I just can not imagine or comprehend hurting such a sweet, pure little boy.
I know it had been discussed whether or not Lucas was deceased at the time he was placed. This has been bothering me for some time thinking of that poor little boy. But I honestly think EG did something to him before and placed him there. If he were still alive at the time he was placed I would think he would be making noise, which under that bridge would echo. I know its rural but a mailbox is visible from the a

I am disappointed that Marshburn called searcher's out to the scene, he had no right to do that. He took a huge risk of anyone tampering with the crime scene. The searcher's could have gone out there after everything was totally cleared. jmo
I wasn't aware that he had called them, I thought that he had contacted LE. I thought that searches showed up on their own when he was found. I'll go back and look.

Exactly -- if you want or need to believe in something so strongly and people around you are feeding that, then you're not wrong and you're not crazy.
I keep going back to JO's kind words about him. She's a straight talker, and she said that he can be difficult (won't type her choice quote here even though I think they would emphasize my point much better), but she knows he loves their boy.
Jamie means well, and I believe in her heart, she believes this of Jonathan, or she did up until her last interview. I have no idea how she feels now- if anything has changed or if she still feels the same way towards him.

However, the Jonathan that she was with back when Lucas was born, and the man he is today, with Emily, are quite clearly two different individuals. Jonathan would probably never have turned his back on his family, had he and Jamie stayed together, because they didn't have an abusive type of relationship, and she didn't abuse Lucas or any other children. Emily, on the other hand- well, we all know about her.

Jonathan quite clearly changed after he paired up with Emily. He is not the same man now. He chose Emily's side over his family, over Jamie, and worse of all, over his abused son! He's also abusive himself. Did it ever occur to anyone that some people are actually turned on by violence? I don't know if that is the case with him, but why would you stay with someone who is allegedly abusing you and the kids, especially if you haven't been abusive or abused before? There is just something so sick about him defending her and denying she abused Lucas. I just don't see it in his personality to take much crap from anyone, never mind Emily or any other woman.

I probably am alone in this thinking, and that's ok. I could be very wrong, but looking into his face during that first interview, to which he displayed anger about the abuse allegations. He displayed anger again in another interview, saying people were wrongly accusing Emily of hurting Lucas online (in FB groups, etc). He was angry! He was angry at everyone else, but the one person who he chose to have this abusive relationship with- Emily. He chose to stay, as did she.

Just my opinion and thoughts. I have no facts to back this up. Just my own observations.

Jamie means well, and I believe in her heart, she believes this of Jonathan, or she did up until her last interview. I have no idea how she feels now- if anything has changed or if she still feels the same way towards him.

However, the Jonathan that she was with back when Lucas was born, and the man he is today, with Emily, are quite clearly two different individuals. Jonathan would probably never have turned his back on his family, had he and Jamie stayed together, because they didn't have an abusive type of relationship, and she didn't abuse Lucas or any other children. Emily, on the other hand- well, we all know about her.

Jonathan quite clearly changed after he paired up with Emily. He is not the same man now. He chose Emily's side over his family, over Jamie, and worse of all, over his abused son! He's also abusive himself. Did it ever occur to anyone that some people are actually turned on by violence? I don't know if that is the case with him, but why would you stay with someone who is allegedly abusing you and the kids, especially if you haven't been abusive or abused before? There is just something so sick about him defending her and denying she abused Lucas. I just don't see it in his personality to take much crap from anyone, never mind Emily or any other woman.

I probably am alone in this thinking, and that's ok. I could be very wrong, but looking into his face during that first interview, to which he displayed anger about the abuse allegations. He displayed anger again in another interview, saying people were wrongly accusing Emily of hurting Lucas online (in FB groups, etc). He was angry! He was angry at everyone else, but the one person who he chose to have this abusive relationship with- Emily. He chose to stay, as did she.

Just my opinion and thoughts. I have no facts to back this up. Just my own observations.
I can definitely see this side too!! He could have been turned on by violence or simply by the chaos of her alone -- the implied danger before it became violent, but wasn't able to see how she might turn that toward Lucas.
I know someone quite well who likes to be a "rescuer." This person is trying to fill a void -- children have to properly reflect this person's desired social self, but they are put in danger meanwhile as homeless/criminal elements are invited into the home over & over again. This person does it to appear selfless and likes to demand gratitude.
I'm not saying JH is entirely like this, but I do wonder if he felt sorry for her, felt he rescued her from a life of drugs on the streets -- meanwhile she's convincing him that they were "destined" to be "soulmates" after a chance first meeting. IOW, I think it's highly likely she breathed a certain excitement into his life and he became addicted to her.

Thank you pink. That picture tells me so much. And even deepens my hatred for EG. How could she? Just how could she sit, eat and sleep knowing his body was out in those elements? I hate her. I’m no longer going to keep trying to stay detached to avoid the grief. That photo put me over the edge. I’m going to go in my bathroom, close the door and let it out. I say it again, I hate her.
ETA: I apologize to readers. Hate is such an ugly word and an even uglier feeling, one I’m not used to. I don’t like it. I’m sorry.
Totally understandable. I have to hold myself back from unleashing my own feelings towards her. I'm just giving it up to a higher power.

I totally agree! A lot of people change when they meet other people. They can be introduced to the same bad habits and become addicted! I say this, as I knew someone who had a wife and daughter,then met a girl who introduced him to meth and they shared that bad habit together.That soon became their addiction! This guy changed into a horrible monster and because of meth,developed severe anger issues amongst other things.
He lost his wife and daughter and everything else but didn't care, because meth took a hold of him and didn't let go. You lose all sense of what's important in life to this addiction. In my opinion,from pics and EG's known violent behavior, this was her drug of choice and might be what her and JH loved more together. Kind of fits with his changing appearances and anger you've mentioned above.
In my friends case,he was able to get his life back on track and dropped the crippling addiction that took over his life for 30 years, by Gods grace.But sadly for little precious Lucas, was in her care and suffered by her hands and who knows who else's

How many feet would you say it is from the roadside to the bottom of the embankment she would have to go down to get to the actual "bridge" opening? How steep is it? From the aeriel shots it looks kind of steep and scary, but the bridge itself actually looks bigger and more noticeable than it does from the road - so I'm guessing it might not be as steep as I was thinking.

I should add, when we were out there, things were not green and overgrown and there was no water so it was much less scary back then than it looks now.

I'm not that great at edits. But I made this one just now. Make sure you tap it to make it bigger so you can read the text. Everytime I hear Concrete Angel I think of him. I've been listening to it lately. I changed the lyrics to make it about a boy. RIP sweet Lucas. <3

286vsl.jpg

Hi everyone, long time lurker of multiple cases but first time poster. Lucas has touched me as he as all of you. As a first time new Mom I just can not imagine or comprehend hurting such a sweet, pure little boy.
I know it had been discussed whether or not Lucas was deceased at the time he was placed. This has been bothering me for some time thinking of that poor little boy. But I honestly think EG did something to him before and placed him there. If he were still alive at the time he was placed I would think he would be making noise, which under that bridge would echo. I know its rural but a mailbox is visible from the a
I know what you mean about his voice echoing, had he been alive at the time she placed him there. I live on a body of water, and everything echoes once the ice melts here. You can hear our neighbor's conversations several houses down. Fireworks several houses down sounds like they are exploding in your own back yard. A child's voice would definitely be heard, especially if they were crying. However, didn't someone mention that the closest house was 1/4 of a mile away? It could also be said that they would have had all their windows shut and doors closed, being winter. Any noise he might have made might have not been heard that far away, or assumed it was an animal (we have a lot of animals here that scream loudly at night- quite eerie, those fisher cats!).

However, didn't someone mention that the closest house was 1/4 of a mile away? It could also be said that they would have had all their windows shut and doors closed, being winter. Any noise he might have made might have not been heard that far away, or assumed it was an animal.

Very true, I know that the animal noises alone creep me out! I would be interested to know if the closest house had any dogs that picked up on anything that night? I know that at this point that is a long time ago, but my dog picks up most unusual noises. Also if anyone has any trail cameras out that could have picked up any sounds or cars going by? Not sure how rural of an area it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member