Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if a law is to happen from all this it should be something to do with hiding a body. There should be some serious consequences for doing that because there is never a good reason to hide a body. If someone dies, there is a protocol that most people follow and it drives me crazy seeing cases where a body is hidden long enough that important evidence regarding the circumstances of the death can no longer be found. It is the person's intent to have that happen because I can't think of any other reason why someone feels they have to hide a body.

Back to the law...if they could find a way to charge that differently or make it a more serious crime than it apparently is now, that might make (some) perps consider that hiding the body might hurt them more than it could help. I just think it's too easy for these killers to say the person died accidentally and they "panicked and didn't know what else to do..."

snipped quote by me

This drives me crazy too. It happens so often when the main suspects claim innocence when a person disappears. Then when the body is found and evidence proves they were involved, they claim it was accident, or self-defense. I would love to see a law enacted that automatically charges a person who hides a body, guilty of murder. The few, if any innocent people need to know that they can't hide dead bodies. Charge them and take them to trial to see justice or scare the living crap out of them. I think we know that EG will likely claim innocence due to an accident or unforeseen natural death. She should face a strict law that severely punishes her for hiding Lucas, regardless of the forensic evidence. JMO

I wasn't inferring that a person would choose to not hide a body to avoid being in more trouble than murder. What I was trying to say was that if a person hides a body they should be in bigger trouble than just tampering with a corpse or whatever the wording is for the a specific jurisdiction.

The way it is now sort of encourages hiding the body to hide evidence, then if a body is found they can say it was accidental and they panicked. It is done too often and the reason a person hides a body is so glaringly obvious that, imo, the consequences for such action should be more than just a tampering with corpse charge, which is all it is in some jurisdictions.

As for a loss of custody/sole caregiver law, I am for that. There is nothing saying there can only be one law change.

I wasn't inferring that a person would choose to not hide a body to avoid being in more trouble than murder. What I was trying to say was that if a person hides a body they should be in bigger trouble than just tampering with a corpse or whatever the wording is for the a specific jurisdiction.

The way it is now sort of encourages hiding the body to hide evidence, then if a body is found they can say it was accidental and they panicked. It is done too often and the reason a person hides a body is so glaringly obvious that, imo, the consequences for such action should be more than just a tampering with corpse charge, which is all it is in some jurisdictions.

As for a loss of custody/sole caregiver law, I am for that. There is nothing saying there can only be one law change.
Gotcha! Sorry, I jumped to conclusions and didn’t finish reading your post.

I think the problem with that is until they find the body, it’s usually difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they hid it.

In this computerized day and age you would think that they would have something the minute a complaint came in listing for example e.g. it would come up that she doesn’t have custody of her own kids and her entire background with CPS

I agree, but unfortunately, they weren't married (legally, anyway), and Jonathan was granted custody of Lucas before he hooked up with Emily.

There isn't any court documents that she had custody of Lucas, but she did use him in front of the judge, as a way to sway the judge to allow visitation with her owns sons because she said she was taking care of Lucas for two years or so. I'm surprised that during that hearing, no one questioned why she was helping raise Lucas while she wasn't even allowed visitation with her boys up until that point. She also blew off the courses she was suppose to take to earn visitation with her boys back, yet the judge forgave her for her previous drug use and other things, with the knowledge that if she went back to using drugs again, it would be her choice not to be a parent.

You better share that hummus with me. Speaking of Hummus, ever tried Hummus Pods? Delish!

No worries. We're all still smarting, myself as well. I've had some rough emotional moments, I can just imagine what his Mom, FLA, and other loving family members are going through right now, along with the searchers on here and elsewhere. Kids disappearances are the hardest, and worse when they've been abused and killed.
I don't know if I have tried them. I know I should know what I've tried, but I've learned things are often called something else in different parts of the country--but I don't get out much, and my work travel consists of relying on locals to tell me of good places and if they can't I stick to the tried-and-true-but-boring chains. What exactly is a hummus pod? I'm pretty sure I already like it!

Yes -- thinking about what JO is feeling along with the emotions experienced by siblings, all family, teachers, and playmates is so heartbreaking. I want to hug them all, feed them all...but there is no taking the pain away. Only time will take off the sharp edges and help us find meaning & purpose evolving from the loss.

Ah, Steels, we don't always see things the same way at the same time, but I frequently look to your posts to measure whether I've abandoned all logic to emotion. ;)

O/T I dig this new board and all, but I could really use some of those old animated emojis right now!!

Gotcha! Sorry, I jumped to conclusions and didn’t finish reading your post.

I think the problem with that is until they find the body, it’s usually difficult to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they hid it.

They proved it in the Sierra LaMar case.

Killer's attorney tried to argue during trial that without a body there was no proof she was even dead.

Killer is now doing LWOP in San Quentin.

Lena Lunsford was found guilty of murdering her daughter even though the body was never found.

Sadly, not all murder cases where the body was hidden turn out that way.

I think what families are put through when their loved one is missing has to be considered and if tampering with a corpse is all a person faces after putting the family through that kind of hell, something is radically wrong with the law.

That definitely could be. I took it as she lost it a little once finding out he had found him. I can see both scenarios play out for sure. As much as I want details I can understand and appreciate them keeping tight lipped. It’s hard not knowing but I get it.
I took it to be that she saw him, and was probably surprised at his appearance. Anyway you slice it, I think she was a person who was at least somewhat caring, when she was in a "good" condition (free of drugs, anger...whatever it was messing with her), and to see a child you loved at least sometimes in the state he was probably in, was probably very hard.

Now, dont think for 1 second I have sympathy for her....but she may not have expected him to look how he did.

I hope she saw him...I hope that whatever he looked like last week is what she sees in her mind every night before bed for the rest of her life. I don't think she's a person who fits the definition of a psychopath, with zero emotion. So I'm sure it affected her...and if it were up to me, she'd see his fragile, decomposing body for the rest of her life.

I think we will find that an early tip came in from someone close to EG who knew the area he was in hence him being found where he was. I think LE used the info from the tip and were just searching in slightly the wrong area. I have wondered all along why they focused on the parks. I think someone close to EG was just off when they gave the police a tip.
I agree, but will say I think a tip consisting of 96 and Woodlawn, coupled with factual evidence they may have had at the time, could have pointed to exactly where they searched. The tip, if given, was vague enough to be able to be misconstrued. I’m chalking it up to lack of exact information by “said” tipster, and other info LE may have had- Sheer luck on Emily’s part.
JMO

IMO

EG was homeless when she became involved with JH.

SHE had her clothes in what we called “trailer trash Samsonight”(so)

They had just moved into a sweet little house. The only thing missing was a white picket fence. Her life would have been good for her.

Maybe for what ever reason EG sabatoges her life when there is happiness and Goodness surrounds her. Maybe she couldn’t handle it or Lucas as a 5 yo innocent. Maybe she wanted attention. Maybe she wanted her life full of conflict.

She sure got it and wrecked others lives as well.
I again, don't want to sound like I am defending her. But I don't think "she" sabbotages her life. I think addiction sabbotages it. Is it her fault she got mixed up in this? Yes. But most have us know how much someone can become someone else when drugs take hold.

And she would've gone down the north side. She turned left off of Woodlawn onto 96th, she would pull her car off onto the right side of the road... the north side.
All JMO as I am still trying to better understand the pictures of the tunnel pipe area that goes under the road.

The only thing though about the north side is wasnt the boy found on the south side of the pipe tunnel that goes under the road? That is where I think I saw all the flowers and stuffed animals starting to be left at the top on that south side.

And didnt we hear the PI or LE say they were glad there was grating or something to stop him from going through the pipe tunnel that goes under the road?

If he was found on that southern side I tend to think she either just tossed him from the top of the road or she just scooted on down the south slope which looked doable.

Because if she went down on the north side it means she would have to crawl through the dark tunnel under the road and I dont think she would do that. Plus if there was grating that stops debri then that would stop her from being able to get all the way through.

JMO of course because still learning from the pics of the area.
All JMO as I am still trying to better understand the pictures of the tunnel pipe area that goes under the road.

The only thing though about the north side is wasnt the boy found on the south side of the pipe tunnel that goes under the road? That is where I think I saw all the flowers and stuffed animals starting to be left at the top on that south side.

And didnt we hear the PI or LE say they were glad there was grating or something to stop him from going through the pipe tunnel that goes under the road?

If he was found on that southern side I tend to think she either just tossed him from the top of the road or she just scooted on down the south slope which looked doable.

Because if she went down on the north side it means she would have to crawl through the dark tunnel under the road and I dont think she would do that. Plus if there was grating that stops debri then that would stop her from being able to get all the way through.

I agree. I think personally, the south side.

Oh, yes, very true -- sooooo many mistakes by MSM as of late. I must be really old because I'm so used to picking apart "gospel" quotes from MSM & I keep forgetting about the 24/7 & SM pressure to get the scoop.
So pass given and no further thought explored on passive-aggressiveness from not getting the result he wanted or anything else. Never mind that, I was "thinking out loud."

Thanks, Steels -- you showed me I'm veering and need to chill on the couch with you and the other gals. I poked around earlier and found some hummus in the fridge. And beer. I could really go for a margarita. Speaking of which, where is she these days?
@hopingicanhelp I just laughed out loud on the bottom rant. I feel the same way lately. At the end of reading it I went “squirrel” haha. My focus isn’t very good these last couple of days so thank you - much needed laugh.

JMO of course because still learning from the pics of

Sorry, I’ve been trying to navigate the new site over the last couple days. IMO, Lucas was not just dropped over the the side. He was manually pushed into the under carriage of the “bridge”. On the South side of the road. IMO, there is no way he entered the culvert on the North side, as water flow would pull North. Lucas was found 2 ft inside the SE side of the culvert, Now whether that is where he was laid to rest from the beginning, or moved there, we all will not know until more facts arise. I am grateful he was found, and the family has their baby boy. Regardless of why or how it happened, the family now has some closure. I trust in due time, Justice will be served, in a harsh, and swift manner. My heart goes out to all that loved Lucas. He is a beautiful child, and will never be forgotten. NEVER. Looking back on this, I think it is so important to bring forth information that can be used to prevent this from happening again. I love the thought of Lucas’s Law. Every child has a voice and should be heard, before it’s too late. What a perfect world that would be. Just my 2cents.
MOO

They proved it in the Sierra LaMar case.

Killer's attorney tried to argue during trial that without a body there was no proof she was even dead.

Killer is now doing LWOP in San Quentin.

Lena Lunsford was found guilty of murdering her daughter even though the body was never found.

Sadly, not all murder cases where the body was hidden turn out that way.

I think what families are put through when their loved one is missing has to be considered and if tampering with a corpse is all a person faces after putting the family through that kind of hell, something is radically wrong with the law.

What I meant was it would be difficult to convict someone of simply hiding a body if you were unable to convict them of murder. Those examples you gave us were all murder convictions, right?
Odds are that if they are able to prove they hid the body, then they can prove they murdered them as well and that’s going to carry the harshest punishment. Now, perhaps there is a way to add concealing the body onto a murder charge as a special circumstance that enhances the maximum possible sentence?

I don’t disagree with your thoughts on how disgusting it is to put families through not knowing, I’m just trying to look at it from the legal system’s pov.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how JH is doing? I can't help but have empathy for him too. Fgs his whole life has been turned upside down!

I have empathy for him—and until very recently, have spent a fair amount of energy defending him. However, his recent willingness to toss Jaime under the bus-all while going out of his way to give Emily the benefit of the doubt—still has my blood boiling. Lucas is dead because he put Emily first. I still have compassion for him—but zero respect. Jaime deserves a public, earnest apology from Jonathan. For many things. My opinion only.

Hello all!

I don’t think she will. The PI said that all the bridges looked the same to her and it looked much different in winter than in summer. I think she had definitely seen the area before and alluded to that with the PI.

I remember him mentioning that they drove at least 30 times over the bridges, so then he (DM) decided to just start at the first bridge, and that is where he found Lucas. I believe that is what I read in his statement in the article.

Tomorrow she should have arraignment for the obstruction charge. At which time she’ll say if she’s hiring an attorney or if she wants one appointed and if she understands the charge(s) against her.
At any time, the DA can bring more charges as part of this case or as another case.

Has the autopsy been completed? I don't think I saw anything in the last 100 plus posts I've read since yesterday. I would believe that the DA would need that to charge her with murder.... or they just going to go with the obstruction/interference with LE charge for this arraignment??
dont-no-smiley.gif

BUT - just in case it IS today - here's what I have:

Tuesday, May 29th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ CT) – KS – Lucas Allen Hernandez (5) (missing Feb. 17, 2018; found May 24, 2018) – Emily Ann-Marie Glass (27) ( arrested & booked (5/24/18) with 1 count felony obstruction/interference with LE. $250K bond. Booked into Harvey County jail & transferred to Sedgwick County.
Originally arrested (2/21/18) for 2 counts of child endangerment. 5/16/18: A six-person jury delivered the not guilty verdict after deliberating for less than an hour Wednesday morning.
Judge O’Connor said he will it leave up to another judge who is handing a child-in-need-of-care case involving the 1-year-old whether Glass can have contact with that child. 4/27/18: The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday. Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass’ daughter is, under state law, a “child in need of care.” The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

judge-smiley.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member