Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #25 Arrest

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can buy a plan through "Obamacare" regardless of income. It's the subsidies that would be income dependent, however with children there's typically a lower threshold and more govt assistance available such as CHIP.

This was the same reply I'd started on. Especially a family of their size with only one income. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to qualify for CHIP or even Medicaid.

It's very easy to get children on Medicaid, especially if they have special needs as Lucas did.

Im curious as to how long JH has been at his current job and what his previous employment was.

I believe FLA told us that Lucas was not classified as special needs. His speech was just less clear than other kids his age, but didn't have a special needs qualification. (IIRC)

I believe FLA told us that Lucas was not classified as special needs. His speech was just less clear than other kids his age, but didn't have a special needs qualification. (IIRC)
Yes, but he'd formerly had the cleft palate as well as a feeding button. Being in foster care/placed with outside family would have automatically qualified him for Meidcaid and keeping him on it may have just been a better/easier option for EG/JH, especially if JH wasn't on his job for very long or if the job he had at the time he took over custody of Lucas didn't offer insurance. Like I said, I'm just speculating, but EG seems like the type of girl who knows how to play the system for all she can.

Last edited:
Yes, but he'd formerly had the cleft palate as well as a feeding button. Being in foster care would have automatically qualified him for Meidcaid and keeping him on it may have just been a better/easier option for EG/JH, especially if JH wasn't on his job for very long or if the job he had at the time he took over custody of Lucas didn't offer insurance. Like I said, I'm just speculating, but EG seems like the type of girl who knows how to play the system for all she can.
I am surprised here..all along I believed Lucas lived with his uncle on Jonathons side.. I was not aware he was in foster care. With regard to EG taking the system, was she in fact able to make medical decisions for Lucas, legally? Hmmm. I'm behind here I think. (But I have been following since day one.). Time for me to re-read the early threads!

I am surprised here..all along I believed Lucas lived with his uncle on Jonathons side.. I was not aware he was in foster care. With regard to EG taking the system, was she in fact able to make medical decisions for Lucas, legally? Hmmm. I'm behind here I think. (But I have been following since day one.). Time for me to re-read the early threads!
Lucas lived with JH's ex stepmother in NM, per JO's podcast interview. I had just assumed this was a foster/sponsored type program....although to have legal custody of him, she would be allowed to enroll him on Medicaid or other assistance programs if necessary. She had no blood relation so I am unsure if her private insurance would allow him to be placed on it, if she had any. I guess I really am doing a lot of assuming, but most if not all kids who have been "in the system" (in state care or out of their parents custody) have also been on a state medical program.

I'm sorry if I caused any confusion, I was just making assumptions based off of him being in family care paired with his former disabilities/medical issues.

Yes, but he'd formerly had the cleft palate as well as a feeding button. Being in foster care would have automatically qualified him for Meidcaid and keeping him on it may have just been a better/easier option for EG/JH, especially if JH wasn't on his job for very long or if the job he had at the time he took over custody of Lucas didn't offer insurance. Like I said, I'm just speculating, but EG seems like the type of girl who knows how to play the system for all she can.
I don’t think he was in foster care?

Is there a transcript of the podcast? If so, can you point me to it please? I haven’t been able to listen. I’m mostly deaf and when I tried listening I had a really hard time understanding anything that was said. I’m sorry if I missed the link, I’ve been out of town and was just able to catch up yesterday on our long drive home.
Google Missing Lucas Hernandez ISC Family podcast Blog talk radio.

Hello all!

So we wait....
bored-smiley.gif

Keep refreshing your screen
If nothing pops up,no one is tweeting.

That is what I have been doing since it changed on me! I get very impatient and refresh too often! LOL!

There’s a little ‘bell’ beside where you click ‘follow’ and there you can turn on/off notifications

What if I don't "belong" to Twitter - can I still Ring that little bell? TIA!

Be prepared for the long haul here folks. In Evan Brewer’s case it was at least 3 months after he was found before those major charges came. That was November of last year (charges) and it just went to prelim in April

Sorry Off Topic - Evan's case SHOULD have gone to trial on May 20th, but I have not found anything pertaining to that. Do you know if the trial actually DID start?
TIA again!

Hello all!

So we wait....
bored-smiley.gif

That is what I have been doing since it changed on me! I get very impatient and refresh too often! LOL!

Sorry Off Topic - Evan's case SHOULD have gone to trial on May 20th, but I have not found anything pertaining to that. Do you know if the trial actually DID start?
TIA again!

Hi Niner
I think you and I may be on similar time zones. (Hi from Aus)
I think you may need to be signed into twitter to get notifications
Hopefully someone will pop along and respond for you x

Her case doesn't show up yet on the records access page and usually cases show up right after arraignment.

I couldn’t find it anywhere. Curious. Can’t sleep so here I am. I’ve been thinking of all the evil people in this world. For kids I wish they could Recognize evil by a red tattoo inked across the monsters face. Or their hair dried a putrid color. But there is no easy way to id someone who intends to harm.

This is the first case I’ve read in a very long time. I was the only one in the office who could handle them. No one else wanted to read Rarely was there s good outcome for anyone. At times the State had lost track of a child, some were deceased, and some needed help. I had to fight the Department during some, the parents in a few and muddle through a court system seriously overloaded and understaffed.

These are not disposable children and they deserve so much more love and attention than what they have experienced

I’m sending Tricia a request to discuss a group that might be forming in WICHITA to Lobby to change DCF Responsibilities, statutes and procedures. Anyone out there interested befor another child dies atthe hands of a person they trusted. A person who should have protected them.

Last edited:
Hello all!

So we wait....
bored-smiley.gif

TIA again!

Evan's mother took a plea, Stephen Bodine's trial hasn't happened yet.

Hi Niner
I think you and I may be on similar time zones. (Hi from Aus)
I think you may need to be signed into twitter to get notifications
Hopefully someone will pop along and respond for you x

Hi Horror!
wave-smiley.gif
Actually you are 7 hours AHEAD of me.... Boy that means you are 17 hours ahead of Pacific time!! I thought 10 hours was bad enough!

Evan's mother took a plea, Stephen Bodine's trial hasn't happened yet.

Do you have access to the Sedgwick court site? I can't access it. Thought you might let me know if it shows Bodine's next hearing date. I know the Evan's mother took a plea and will testify against Bodine. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14