Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to put myself in EG's shoes.

I wake up... my boyfriend's (?) son is dead... I'm either high on meth or coming off meth or something similar... I freak out, I don't want this blamed on me so I'm going to say he's missing and

.... then go and hide his body 12 miles away in a culvert?
i think one of the most important, if not most important, elements to putting ourselves in EGs shoes is not only did she abuse Lucas but she knew his family was onto the abuse and she was aware she was an abuser as well.

if this were simply an accident and/or if the abuse was not on people's radars and minimal on his body, i think EG likely would have not hidden the body and told the police/JH a sob story about how she was a wonderful mother and he passed in his sleep...and gone as far as to paint herself as the victim who found him and is so devastated.

regardless of what factors caused Lucas' passing - flu or internal injuries - i believe EG hid his body bc she knew it would not reflect that of a healthy 5 year old - even a five year old w the flu and normal bruises & cuts. so she hid the body (in somewhat of a panic/quick thinking mode explaining why he was not super far/not super hidden) hoping that he would never be found or COD will not be determined.

Last edited:
What is the current relationship, now that Lucas has been found, between JH and JO? I would think they would band together, seeking justice for Lucas.
An opinion only. Considering this moment in time for the child they created and loved together. It’s almost inconceivable they would feel any other emotion but deep connection. Will that last? I don’t know. I suppose they don’t either.

I just hope she wasn't starving him on top of everything else. I think I'll head over to "I need a break" thread. I finished little Aliayah threads about a month ago. It's one thing to click on a thread and read a couple posts, quite another to read the whole she-bang front start to finish. Mind numbing - I think I'll go hang out with the horses.

I wake up... my boyfriend's (?) son is dead... I'm either high on meth or coming off meth or something similar... I freak out, I don't want this blamed on me so I'm going to say he's missing and

How did EG even know about the culvert? Was this premeditated, or was she driving around until she stumbled upon it?
Because it's location looks to be in a rural area, and not many people take random drives in the country. And, take mental notes of a culvert being around, unless they were planning a murder. I highly doubt that Lucas had died in his sleep unless he died from internal injuries. I think EG was high on meth and did some whacked out meth head thing. Do people hallucinate while high on meth? My brother-in-law is a meth head, but I never asked the full details about his experiences. I just know that when he is high, he isn't very nice of a person.

Her shoes are way too loose of me. They keep slipping off.

I'm sorry to be a cynic, but it's my nature. No good deed goes unpunished. You have a good heart, obviously, to even consider such a request. But for your own safety, please don't trust anyone on the internet you don't personally know. @WildcatRunner could comment on the legal side of things, but this is not a road you want to go down. Call the police if you see people posting that they can't take care of their kids. Some of them may be frauds and criminals and some may actually need help with their kids, but the system still has to take care of that situation since human beings are involved.

Ooh, yes. That would be a can of worms. The biggest thing would be not knowing if that person has legal custody to begin with... Or if they're crazy and want to say you kidnapped their child. I agree fully with @liltexans . Try to calm the person by telling them to call a friend or family member to help with the child for tje immediate moment, and also contact authorities with your concern.

I just have the urge to pray for the safety of EG's older kids. Is school still in session in Wichita? I know that school begins and ends at different times around the country, so I don't know much about the Kansas area. I pray God keeps her away from them, I wouldn't put it past her to drive by their house or school to at least get a look at them or to try and talk to them. I saw that she left in a white SUV in the video- strange enough, there was no driver in the seat when she got into it, and the camera turned away so we didn't see who drove her away. I wonder if that is her SUV? Anyhow, going to say an extra prayer for her boys tonight and her daughter, too. I felt better when she was in jail, at least she couldn't harm them in any way or God forbid, try to take them.

It appeared to be a minivan...the channel I was watching I saw it pull away. It was not her Acura SUV.

I've listened to it. I think Marshburn is fine in the interview. Also, he's not the only guest on the show so I'm not sure why he's getting all the hate from the public.
MOO, and just thinking out loud...coincidence that podcast came out, EG released, and today 2nd part of podcast comes out...hmmmm... I'd LIKE to think it is all part of a "grand plan"...I'm praying.

I think when it comes down to it, that by JH finally admitting (to himself and everyone else) that the woman he chose to be the main caregiver of his children actually murdered one of those in her care, is the same as admitting he too is guilty. No one likes to be wrong. This wrong cost him his children. Denial is easier than admitting one’s wrongs.
By acknowledging she did it is the same as acknowledging that everything he thought to be true in his life was in fact not. He denied his own family for her, he has now lost both his children because of her. That has to be a bitter pill to swallow, but that he must do. It’s the least he can in memory of Lucas.

BAHAHAHA, Wildcat! So very true. When people asked me why I was going to law school (looong ago), I'd wink/grin and say, "I love to argue and I always think I'm right."

Mr. Monnat has quite the C.V. and I wonder who is paying for his considerably skilled services? It wasn't he who picked up EG, as I believe I've seen stated here, as well as on several MSM sites. He is definitely the poster-boy for boilerplate defense speak!

ETA: ScarlettLin has kindly pointed out that Mr. Monnat is a local talking head and wasn't speaking as EG's attorney of record. Please ignore my wondering who is paying him to represent her. *will bother to read article before making comments in the future...so much for being right, eh? :)
I was under the impression Monnat was just speaking for purposes of the interview with media. I don't believe he's her retained counsel. AFAIK.
I don't know this for a fact, but I don't think he'd have spoken about it publicly if he were.

i have listened to the NG podcast once and plan to listen again as i did feel it was a very helpful source for gathering the PIs perspective, whom has proven to be useful in not only finding Lucas but talking to EG (regardless of our personal opinions about sharing to much vs strategic media releases).

however, one thing i am making note of is regardless of how great the PI is, that doesnt mean EG told him the entire truth. for ex, if she could feel the walls closing in as they came closer to Lucas' body throughout their extensive drive, she may now be saying she found him passed Sat morning in his sleep and panicked. that version paints her MUCH BETTER than one option a lot of us originally speculated, which is that he died directly from a beating Friday evening. she may be trying to manipulate her timeline now that the body is found in hopes of painting herself in the best light possible that garners sympathy and crossing her fingers COD wont be determined.

i am not yet going to entirely rule out our original timeline of Friday evening and i am not going to discredit her new timeline of Saturday morning - or anything in between. while we have the same unfortunate outcome of losing Lucas, keeping our minds open to both timelines may allow us to find better justice for Lucas if we can find more truth by narrowing down did she have help (and when), did she call someone(s) (and when), who/where/how she got drugs on friday and/or saturday, where was MH, how long the landlord stayed friday, etc.

How did EG even know about the culvert? Was this premeditated, or was she driving around until she stumbled upon it?
Because it's location looks to be in a rural area, and not many people take random drives in the country. And, take mental notes of a culvert being around, unless they were planning a murder. I highly doubt that Lucas had died in his sleep unless he died from internal injuries. I think EG was high on meth and did some whacked out meth head thing. Do people hallucinate while high on meth? My brother-in-law is a meth head, but I never asked the full details about his experiences. I just know that when he is high, he isn't very nice of a person.
Yes, they do. Especially combined with trauma induced mania. Throw in her BPD and you have the Trifecta!

I think JH might be naive, and this is why his love runs deep for EG. He was trusting of two other people, to the point where he gave them his house keys. He didn't know those people... I am not dropping names. Most people know who I am referring to.

is there a source or previous thread # for the two people/did i miss something? ive followed pretty closely and am not sure what you are referring to. only asking bc if JH was handing out house keys (which to be fair, on its own doesnt alarm me, i think most of my extended family have house keys to my parents house and we never lock it), but EG could easily claim someone else caused harmed to Lucas which is why this jumped out at me...

One thing about a liar is they tell so many lie's that they can't keep them straight. Such as the different story's that Emily has told about Lucas death. I wonder how many more she will tell and which one is the truth or if any are the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double