Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the source of the information?

Yes. I trust the source, however there's also a possibility that they're wrong somehow.

I'm a firm believer that you never try to figure out if a woman is pregnant unless you actually see her giving birth... and even then you shut your mouth. But I saw her belly myself during jury selection at her trial and I still believe it's possible that she's pregnant. Obviously I have no clue if she really is though.

I think I picked the wrong quote lol, I was saying to the person who said they didn’t hear a response to the concussion thing that it sounded like she said uh huh.
I was not talking about the baby or sister lol - sorry! I’m still learning how to quote on here
AHTH: Ha, I am the same way, still learning how the ropes too.

If he was making anywhere near 60,000 that was more than enough to live in their area.

Rents in that area range between $600-800, tack on MAYBE $500/month in utilities or heck even $1000 you are still only at LESS than $24,000...

You've still got $36,000 or so to be stupid with.

I grew up in this area, and have family in the area still, $60,000 is more than enough for a family of 4 to live comfortably...things are super cheap compared to actual big cities.

Do we know his job paid well? We know he did something in the oil field. Some pay well, but some are more modest, especially for a family of 4. (I have a friend who's hubby does the 3 weeks away, 1 week home for $60k a year, I suppose with Kansas' rent that is do-able, but they aren't going to have a ton left over)

Emily: I don't know exactly where it's at. I just know it's in Kechi.

What is Kechi? And why would she not know exactly where (it’s) Lucas’ body is?
Kechi is a tiny little town north and just slightly east of Wichita. (If straight north is 12 on a clock, Kechi is about 12:30, maybe 12:45) As she says on the recording ‘between I -135 and 254’, although it’s closer to 254

If he was making anywhere near 60,000 that was more than enough to live in their area.

Rents in that area range between $600-800, tack on MAYBE $500/month in utilities or heck even $1000 you are still only at LESS than $24,000...

You've still got $36,000 or so to be stupid with.

I grew up in this area, and have family in the area still, $60,000 is more than enough for a family of 4 to live comfortably...things are super cheap compared to actual big cities.
I wish my husband and I made that. I’d be happy. Social security checks and my pension just barely makes it for us.

I just want to thank you and all the others for your devotion in the search for Lucas. Like everyone else here, his sweet face has captured my soul as well. I feel better knowing that you feel that LE will bring this to a just conclusion. All of you who have had a part in this case have restored my faith in humanity. To the family of Lucas, I pray you find peace and justice. To all of you here supporting Lucas, may God bless you all.

Yes. I trust the source, however there's also a possibility that they're wrong somehow.

I'm a firm believer that you never try to figure out if a woman is pregnant unless you actually see her giving birth... and even then you shut your mouth. But I saw her belly myself during jury selection at her trial and I still believe it's possible that she's pregnant. Obviously I have no clue if she really is though.

lol...that’s a good motto to live by

That's like, for her CE charge, and the judge wouldn’t reduce the bond or let her OR out.
So basically, she now realizes the stark reality of county jail life. She’ll have to stay there until she is sentenced. Please believe me when I say county jail is super torture when you compare it with prison. I’ve worked with both male and female inmates for years. I’ve heard it all. Everytime she’s on the yard, it’ll come and be crackin’ as they say.

Kechi would be a super weird reference point unless she was from there or very familiar with that town.

A. It wasn't the nearest town

B. Most often what you would hear is a reference to the nearest "town with a Walmart) something like near Park City or Near Valley Center... especially to "outsiders" who aren't from our little part of the world.

3rd thought that just came to me; unless she was subconsciously telling us how she got there, Kechi IS the last "town" she would pass ONLY if she took Oliver. Woodlawn, last town was Bel Aire. Greenwich (next major road to the east) would have been Furley.

I-35, as mentioned previously would have been Park City/Valley Center.

Edited to add: if one were to map from OG to 96th and Woodlawn the most direct route seems to be Oliver.

Kechi is a town like northeast side of Wichita. I mean the technical address was Valley Center, but all those outskirt towns kind of run together anyway. Kechi, Valley Center, Park City...

Last edited:
I want EG in prison for good.
Now...
If they have to reel her in only to let her go several times to get it done, so be it.
A new booking process each.and.every.time is fine & dandy with me
To be dragged back in from the comforts of civilian life only to have every possession and dignity stripped from you over and over again? New roomies to size up, having to earn her pecking order all over again
Crowds waiting outside and sleeping with one eye open with each release
Let her think she's winning -- in & out, in & out as many times as it takes.
I think at least once for every dot in every ellipse sent to JO would be a start
I want her to beg to stay put
JMO....

After months of searching for Lucas, a private investigator found his body in Harvey County. Stepmother Emily Glass led private investigators to the bridge where Lucas's body was hidden.

On a national podcast, the investigator said Glass told him she found Lucas dead in his bed the day she reported him missing.

Lucas' case is why private investigators say they can sometimes solve cases that police can't. There are differences that give them an advantage.

They use the same tools as police, but private investigators like Jim Murray and Matt Hunter of Star Investigations can sometimes get a lead police can't.

"We're less of a threat sometimes to people that we're talking to because we have no powers of arrest," said Jim. "We can't arrest them."

They also work only one or two cases at a time - not 40 or 50.

They're more casual.

And they don't give Miranda Warnings.

"Typically if you're talking to somebody and you start reading them their rights, they are going to get nervous," said Jim. "Questions are going to change, and the direction of the interview is going to change."

"Private investigators have more time to deal with the case," said Matt.

That was the case for 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez.

A private investigator drove around with Lucas' stepmother Emily Glass, and they ended up at the bridge where Lucas' remains were hidden from view.

So why would a suspect talk to a private investigator?

"They want to save face with the family, so they will participate within the investigation, or with an interview," said Matt.

They also say anyone who commits a crime usually tells someone. They're another option for the families of victims who are desperate for answers.
Lucas Hernandez story shows why private investigators approach cases differently

EG is obviously self-absorbed, to say the least, but it’s amazing to realize she’s oblivious to the reality that she’s safer in jail. I watched the long unedited video of people outside the courthouse when she came out with her latest trash bag and the citizens of Wichita are angry. Which they should be. I don’t think any of those ladies outside the courthouse are violent, but someone else might be. EG would be better protected in jail. Unless JH has promised to stand guard over her, which actually wouldn’t surprise me.

I am aware this is a longshot - by a LOT. But I'm just curious.
Lucas was found in "Valley Center" but in Harvey County -- most of Valley Center is considered Sedgwick County.
Breaking down counties, you often get "townships" -- the one in which Lucas was found is Darlington Township.
My questions:
1) Anyone here a genealogy whiz?
2) Can someone provide all the places EG has lived? Outside of Butler & Sedgwick counties, didn't she live other places? Weren't there ties to Cowley County? Possibly Udall...maybe Atlanta?

I'm trying to find that connection to that area -- although I also think it's possible she just drove straight N on Oliver and thought she was in Kechi as mentioned prior, I'm wondering if there was a connection to this specific area that perhaps she always understood to be in Kechi?

I'm not convinced she did this in the daylight, so I'm still wondering level of familiarity with this area in the dark -- perhaps "pretty early in morning", barely dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper