Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To clear up the confusion on this: The interview happened on Monday and aired same day. We were in a bit of a rush to get the story out with the podcast and made a typo (wrote Wednesday) It's since been updated. Apologies for the confusion.
Thank you! Glad to have you out here at WS!

Last edited:
I don’t know how to share a google map location. But the article said he was crossing Kellogg here on these screenshots, you can see the yellow road (Kellogg) continues without stopping, and Edgemoor and Oliver have overpasses with traffic signals for entering/exiting onto Kellogg or continuing straight. The photos you shared are of Oliver, and of the overpass with the traffic lights. If he was crossing on Oliver I would expect that to be reflected in the article but it did not.
I am sharing my google search and from there I clicked on maps. Edgemoor comes up first and scroll left (West) to see where Oliver crosses over Kellogg.
https://www.google.com/search?q=kel...,+ks&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
The article I read said Kellogg/Oliver. Argh, bad reporting strikes again!

Thank you for the correction.
5200 block of E Kellogg it is! ;)

These should be correct...
1C822A71-B6EB-4DCC-88F9-2CBA2AD8F556.jpeg D8C60665-31A8-4F3E-9E04-F2D788B22FF0.jpeg 3DCAFF10-A900-46D6-9329-BB62F52B08CE.jpeg

Last edited:
He hit the man at about 9:20pm and turned himself in at 2:30am. Same night.
Well why leave and come back so soon to turn yourself in? Someone innocently hits a pedestrian and leaves the scene? Why? At that age I would have been so distraught if I hit someone, leaving would not even cross my mind. I would be freaking out calling 911 to get help. Strange coincidence for sure.

Well why leave and come back so soon to turn yourself in? Someone innocently hits a pedestrian and leaves the scene? Why? At that age I would have been so distraught if I hit someone, leaving would not even cross my mind. I would be freaking out calling 911 to get help. Strange coincidence for sure.

The last sentence of this article says:
“Officers have not recovered the BMW. Anyone with information is asked to contact police.”
Police identify man hit by vehicle, killed on E. Kellogg

The MSM articles said he was arrested for, among other things, having a suspended license. Perhaps he was under the influence of something, so you leave awhile, then turn yourself in and act like you didn't realize it was a person, and it was an accident, and now you don't have alcohol (or whatever) in your system.

I hear about hit and runs at least 5 times a month in Denver (I guesstimated this number based on hearing it at least once a week, especially when the weather is nicer)...so there are definitely people out there who think it's the best solution at the time. There's actually a stay-at-home mom, with no record whowho just convicted of hitting a child, in the upper middle class neighborhood she lives in, who left the scene, and just sort of pretended it never happened, like it was no big deal.

I'm hopelessly behind but I wanted to thank you for your clever post. I couldn't help but conjure up a vision of Dracula enveloping an innocent victim, fangs at the ready. Pretty accurate IMO. :eek:

While I'm here, a few observations... first, thanks to all the members for their insightful posts - this is such an amazing group! There are too many to mention but a few aligned with thoughts I've posted and still believe. snoshuze reminded us that Glass never bothered to attend the required classes so how is it that she made such a fuss about having her boys? Simple, once again it's about her, not them.

SassynOz questions the diet Glass was feeding Lucas given that he was vomiting for an extended period. Certainly the doctor who prescribed the Zofran would have suggested appropriate foods?

And to add my own thoughts about JH describing Lucas' medical issues with NG. It's clear that he's having difficulty "processing" Glass' abhorrent treatment of Lucas but I found it interesting that while he was vague about asking her what happened to Lucas he went into a lot of detail about the struggles he had medically when Lucas was born.

I felt like he was portraying Lucas as a frail little boy, which made me wonder if he was somehow trying to preemptively explain the possibility that he suddenly got very sick and passed in his sleep.

That's pure speculation on my part and would only apply if JH is still having conflicting feelings about Glass. Or maybe he's trying to work things through in his own mind. I dunno, all I can say is I was surprised how thoroughly he answered NG's question about what was Lucas like.

I have no answers but IMO if Lucas had some sort of fatal illness Glass would have sought further treatment after seeing the Zofran wasn't helping. "Several weeks" is an awfully long time for a child to keep vomiting.

No, I am 99% certain this is a case of an angry caretaker who finally went too far in her abuse. MOO.

When JH started talking about Lucas on NG in response to her question, she cut him off. I got the feeling he would have carried on talking for an hour or more if she'd let him and he was just starting at the beginning? JO has also referenced Lucas' early days and how he was a little fighter.

I did get a sense from the interview that he was still trying to work through it all in his head, and that he was feeling confusion over what did happen. And that a part of him still wants to go back into the denial.

JH said that the only version he knows is really what DM has told him of EG's claim that she found Lucas dead in his bed, and that when she called JH from jail that she didn't give him any more clarity or explanation, only that she'd panicked and that's why she didn't call 911. So I think in that situation anyone would be asking themselves, "if that really happened, why/how could Lucas have passed in his sleep?"

Forgive me, but Jh, the interview with NG. I know everyone grieves differently, but knowing what he knows now..where is his anger, guilt, emotions? If I was him, I would be in a hospital drugged because i would feel so guilt ridden and would want to kill someone! Hes a srange one.

I would also find it difficult to be so calm*. But his demeanor does seem to fit with what JO described of him when she did an interview on one of the radio stations.

He does sound confused, angry, and grieving, in his own way. I still don't hear anything from him, or see anything in his behavior, that suggests to me that he had any actual knowledge of what happened.

*I say that but...in actual fact the two biggest bereavements I've been through, when my mother died when I was a teen I was sent back to school the Monday after the Thursday she died, and then only took a day off for the funeral. When my dad died I was in my 20s, and I had to be put on sedatives by the doctor, and once on them I was numbed and for the week or so I was on them in some ways I might have seemed calmer on the outside than I was on the inside, and I went through a phase of some things still have to be done, even though it was a lot of going through the motions. I also remember saying some things during that time that didn't make a lot of sense. Some of the things JH said remind me of that time for me, in that he doesn't know whether he's been to the site they found Lucas three times or four times, he doesn't recall whether EG called him once or twice...I find those things indicative of events rolling together in a head that's not processing things as well as it normally would.

In a much earlier thread JH was criticized for remembering that at the police station he was offered a slice of cold pizza. When my mother died one of my most vivid recollections was the taste of coffee that I was given when the news was broken to me. And at my dad's funeral one of the few things I can still remember again involves a cup of coffee that someone made for me and how it tasted revolting.

I hear about hit and runs at least 5 times a month in Denver (I guesstimated this number based on hearing it at least once a week, especially when the weather is nicer)...so there are definitely people out there who think it's the best solution at the time.
Thank you for your reply. I live in Los Angeles so I too am no stranger to hearing about hit and runs and we have a tremendous homeless population. I have yet to hear of a witness getting run over after spilling beans to LE in a possible homicide though. I guess it was just a string of really bad luck for this poor guy. First he gets mixed up with a girl who invites him over so she can frame him and then he gets run over after talking to police about it. And I thought my day was bad. Sheesh. May he RIP.

I would also find it difficult to be so calm*. But his demeanor does seem to fit with what JO described of him when she did an interview on one of the radio stations.

He does sound confused, angry, and grieving, in his own way. I still don't hear anything from him, or see anything in his behavior, that suggests to me that he had any actual knowledge of what happened.

*I say that but...in actual fact the two biggest bereavements I've been through, when my mother died when I was a teen I was sent back to school the Monday after the Thursday she died, and then only took a day off for the funeral. When my dad died I was in my 20s, and I had to be put on sedatives by the doctor, and once on them I was numbed and for the week or so I was on them in some ways I might have seemed calmer on the outside than I was on the inside, and I went through a phase of some things still have to be done, even though it was a lot of going through the motions. I also remember saying some things during that time that didn't make a lot of sense. Some of the things JH said remind me of that time for me, in that he doesn't know whether he's been to the site they found Lucas three times or four times, he doesn't recall whether EG called him once or twice...I find those things indicative of events rolling together in a head that's not processing things as well as it normally would.

In a much earlier thread JH was criticized for remembering that at the police station he was offered a slice of cold pizza. When my mother died one of my most vivid recollections was the taste of coffee that I was given when the news was broken to me. And at my dad's funeral one of the few things I can still remember again involves a cup of coffee that someone made for me and how it tasted revolting.
Amonet, I’m so sorry to hear of such tragic events you have had. So young too.
I have friends/ family who have lost children/ young adults and they are very robotic going through the motions. The wave hits hard and then they go back to robot. I haven’t listened yet but the descriptions posters have said sounds about spot on from what I have seen first hand.

I don't find this to be far fetched at all. I grew up in New Kensington,PA which was known as Little Chicago. The mob openly ran the city. There were mob hits back in my teen years. Some of the news articles on this hit and run describe the scene as "We don't know why he was in the street." LE also describe him as crossing the street. I think there is a connection somehow to this..and it might not be a "mob" hit,but perhaps a favor from someone to get rid of a loose end.
Who can tell me the location where the victim was hit by the car...Woodlawn and Kellogg or Meridian and Kellogg? or neither

Not sure if it was confirmed, but a fellow member here found the cat’s photo on the shelter’s adoptable animals page, and I believe someone also confirmed that the cat was adopted.
I will admit that I still have at least 284 posts to get through so this probably has already been covered. In one of the beginning threads I posted a picture of her cat Scully. After going through her FB I found a picture of the cat. I then happened to stumble across Scully on the Kansas Humane Society adoption page. IIRC the cat was indeed dropped off on the 11th and adopted out on the 12th. The intake paperwork had N instead of S listed in the address. I originally thought that was odd. Then the rumors of the cell phone pings and searches that took care of Chisholm took place and it’s so close to KHS and dates seemed odd. I called the tip line and the man on the other line acted like I was a complete moron, which I could be. lol. Since I wasn’t satisfied with the poor guy I got on the other end I sent WPD a FB msg. We all thought it was odd but the timeline was off. I just felt this darn cat meant more than just getting rid of a cat. Gut feeling I suppose.

View attachment 135646 View attachment 135647 View attachment 135648

This should be it...
That’s a large intersection, seems like there is plenty of visibility for him to have seen oncoming traffic and plenty of room for the driver to avoid hitting him.
The intersection here has 3 lanes going each way N/S. Which is Edgemoore. The actual highway is underneath which is Kellogg that runs East/West. If you are driving West on Kellogg and got off on the access rd. leading to Edgemoore to do a left turn to head back West on opposite access rd...there is a crosswalk and a very narrow sharp turn. This is also where the VA is located on the North corner. There have been numerous accidents here. If this was somehow staged...it would not be hard. If it was truly an accident...I can believe that too.

Amonet, I’m so sorry to hear of such tragic events you have had. So young too.
I have friends/ family who have lost children/ young adults and they are very robotic going through the motions. The wave hits hard and then they go back to robot. I haven’t listened yet but the descriptions posters have said sounds about spot on from what I have seen first hand.

Thank you for the sympathy, I appreciate it.

When my mum died, I remember terrible tears to begin with, it was an unexpected death. But after that my dad wanted me to get back to normal asap. We ended up basically both going through the motions because we had to, other than the day of the funeral I cried myself to sleep every night and tried not to cry in the daytime, and as he didn't show too much in the daytime, and I think he was doing the same and crying himself to sleep.

Then when my dad died, I was the next of kin/estate executor, so there was the notifying of relatives, organizing the funeral, writing and receiving letters and phone calls notifying the bank, the insurance, etc. I look back and I don't know how I did it. It's like the world has ended and yet you're still doing things like a zombie.

That’s want EG wants people to believe. IMO

Prior to death according to DM. On a podcast LE tracked him down interviewed him, and eliminated him as having any involvement. Then a time later he died in a hit and run. 4hours after the accident, the driver turned himself in and himself arrested for driving in a suspended license.

It seems as though just keeping track of who has a drivers license in this case is confusing and a mess.

At some point I had thought that EG was smart, it’s beginning to look as if she had a plan, a stupid horrific plan and she simply told one lie after another after more beginning with Lucas death. She has probably lived her entire meth infested life the same way. I don’t understand why she’s the way she is with 3 young children depending on her for their care. Kids look to their others first, and it really has a negative impact when mothers aren’t there for them. Meth or MJ is not an excuse for anything I’ve heard here. Yes an addiction, but EG alone made the conscious decision to use it the first time. And each time afterward. Every time she used she also took that time away from her 3 kids. And ultimately she made the decision to involve and target Lucas.

While back in the 1960’s when I was about Lucas age, diet pills were my own mother’s drug of choice and occasionally alcohol. She went to great lengths to hide the abuse she targeted and inflicted on me. The neighbors saw it, but my wonderful step father didn’t. And she was as good as EG keeping it compartmentalized. He does not know to this day and they are both in their 80’s. I have no need to hash it all out now. My mother would still deny it. Years of therapy gave me an understanding and motive behind her behavior. As people who knew and saw it are dying off its just best to let it go with them.

I’m not sure we will ever know her “truth” but we darn sure will know what happened.

I can’t imagine the emotions the VIs are experiencing but my heart goes out to them. It’s got to be hard when you depend on information, pass it on as valid, then it changes. We appreciate that.

We also want to make certain you know we understand and deeply appreciate the job you are doing. Justice will get here. Maybe not as fast as we’d like. But it’s coming.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member