Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing the area very well (by driving home nightly down Edgemoor to Kellogg) ...unfortunately it can go either way. To know that area and without seeming belittling, I believe a frequent visitor is very realistic. Oliver is also a "very active" thorough fare for certain types of behavior and "activity". Again...I know nothing proven or solid...just IMO only. He had to have known something....MS just so happened to be there.
not feeling belittled at all - very helpful info to have any insight from someone who obviously is familiar with the area firsthand!

One thing I noticed....she never mentioned the homeless guy when asked if she could think of anything that could have happened.

At what point was she like..."oh, I'll blame the random people OUTSIDE the house rather then blame the man who she actually invited INTO the house.

Wonder who else she might have tried to pin it on?

I feel sorry for CR the homeless man in all this. May he rest in peace.
I know it was DM's opinion that she invited homeless guy over with the intention of framing him but I'm not convinced she wanted anyone to know about him which could be why she didn't mention having him over. Maybe she just wanted to party and he was willing to supply in exchange for her 'company'. Afterall, Lucas was gone and she didnt need to worry about the baby telling JH he stayed the night. Just my thoughts and opinions. Also, I don't know if anyone knows this or can disclose if they do but did CR go to LE on his own or did they trace him to her? I'm thinking the former.

... In JO's interview, she mentions that JH seemed upset that LE called her first to discuss Lucas missing; JH also wouldn't pick her up and she had to get a ride from a guy on Craigslist. Both parents arrived to the scene hours after Lucas was reported missing while searching was already underway and both had to be interrogated. JO further states that during the first 72 hours following EG's arrest, she & JH seemed to be seeing the situation similarly -- it was after EG was able to contact JH that he separated himself again from JO....

I'm not sure why, but this ride thing really bothers me. What was his reasoning? Seriously, your son is missing and you can't give his mother a ride? At a time like that? Just rubs me wrong.

Any psychologists here to explain WHY this bothers me? So many terrible things in this case. How can THIS bug me so?

Snipped for length (Although I appreciated your whole post @hopingicanhelp)

BBM

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

I don’t like JH. I know his type; I grew up with plenty of them. Their Dads beat them and when they have children, they pass it down. I think he overlooked too many bruises on poor Lucas. He thoroughly bought Emily’s BS. But having lived with a Sociopath, I know how they can make you believe what they’re saying is the only truth there is. I don’t think he knew Emily murdered Lucas and I don’t think he’s trying to cover for her anymore. Maybe at first he was but IMO now he gets it. Too late?’of course. That’s my opinion but I welcome and respect everyone else’s. Especially everyone here. I feel downright dumb next to some of ya’ll.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that’s why LE allowed it to be shared? So Emily wouldn’t be aware of exactly what LE had. Keep her off balance? Or perhaps make her think how “stupid” LE are that they don’t even know when Lucas died? So few facts. So many questions.

All of this and maybe also to see if she'd slip up and say something to one or her jail buddies about how stupid LE are. Seems to fit her personality to want to feel like she's smarter than everyone else and would be a way for her to bond with other LE haters in her new home.

I'm not sure why, but this ride thing really bothers me. What was his reasoning? Seriously, your son is missing and you can't give his mother a ride? At a time like that? Just rubs me wrong.

Any psychologists here to explain WHY this bothers me? So many terrible things in this case. How can THIS bug me so?

Snipped for length (Although I appreciated your whole post @hopingicanhelp)

BBM
He probably didn't want to deal with the wrath of EG,once she found out he gave her a ride. It's obvious EG mattered more to him then anyone,including precious little Lucas.
Same reason he turned on his own family,when they were trying to save little Lucas's life.

<modsnip>

I don’t like JH. I know his type; I grew up with plenty of them. Their Dads beat them and when they have children, they pass it down. I think he overlooked too many bruises on poor Lucas. He thoroughly bought Emily’s BS. But having lived with a Sociopath, I know how they can make you believe what they’re saying is the only truth there is. I don’t think he knew Emily murdered Lucas and I don’t think he’s trying to cover for her anymore. Maybe at first he was but IMO now he gets it. Too late?’of course. That’s my opinion but I welcome and respect everyone else’s. Especially everyone here. I feel downright dumb next to some of ya’ll.
I believe it will all come out in the wash. I hope it does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see what you are saying, but I guess we all have to ask ourselves what do we think we would do if our child was missing....and possibly couple that with seeing the variety of things other parents of missing kids have done to find their child - and I think you just know in your gut.

Several years back, I came home from work and my son (probably 6 at the time) was nowhere to be found. My parents were in visiting from FL and they were his babysitter for the week while mom was at work. I freaked! Where is he? Parents: He was out front playing with......So I RUN as fast as I can to that house "No, Liam is not here....haven't seen him in hours" WTF!!! Cue hyperventilating - cue extremities starting to tingle due to stress/anxiety.....I tried 2 other houses with kids.....nothing......and the last one I checked - HE WAS there! This all transpired in 10 minutes time. Another 60 seconds and it would be 911. And I know if he didn't turn up within the hour.....BOOM, I would be calling new stations, printing posters......ANYTHING I could do to bring my son home.

No way would I "be looking for him in my own way"......over my own dead body.
No way No How over my dead body. We know. We've been there.

I'm so glad you found him -- and I am the exact same way! I guess I'm thinking of other factors as well in this particular case. In JO's interview, she mentions that JH seemed upset that LE called her first to discuss Lucas missing; JH also wouldn't pick her up and she had to get a ride from a guy on Craigslist. Both parents arrived to the scene hours after Lucas was reported missing while searching was already underway and both had to be interrogated. JO further states that during the first 72 hours following EG's arrest, she & JH seemed to be seeing the situation similarly -- it was after EG was able to contact JH that he separated himself again from JO. I believe EG was able to make JH question everything he'd discussed with JO up until that point because she pointed to JO as suspect and played on his hope -- now he believed there was no way Lucas was going to be found by these searchers looking in fields and parks. JO had him hidden somewhere, alive, and now EG was in jail and MH had been taken -- he had to work, get his family together, and get Lucas. It may not have been what was in his gut, but it was what he held on to. IMO.
BBM- that was probably the only truth that Emily told Jonathan- that Lucas wouldn't be found in the parks or fields.

If it was 2 weeks ago vs 3 weeks ago I probably wouldn't be able to say very easily. But if the LL was questioned pretty soon after the 17th it's more like 3 days ago vs 10 days ago, and I think that's a lot harder to mix up.

When I viewed the video of the officer reading out EG's written statement there was nothing on that tape saying that it was only highlights that related to the child endangerment case? But she didn't say anything about the LL actually coming over, only that she received two phone calls from him. It must have been only highlights because there was so many gaps?
Yes I believe it was filtered pretty heavily in order to remove as much information pertaining to Lucas as possible since the trial was only about CE regarding MH

He probably didn't want to deal with the wrath of EG,once she found out he gave her a ride. It's obvious EG mattered more to him then anyone,including precious little Lucas.
Same reason he turned on his own family,when they were trying to save little Lucas's life.
Yep. I’m sure Emily would have ripped him a new one if he showed up with JO.

Isn’t it remotely possible there was an issue w the door?

There may have been issues with the back door, as JH stated, but the quote below bothered me. How hard is it, really, to lock a deadbolt in order to keep your family safe and keep the kids inside. (Or to ask the landlord to fix it since you have young kids.). The first time I discovered an issue, I’d be sure to use the deadbolt every.single.time. Especially if I saw suspicious people hanging around outside in the early morning hours. I’m just not feeling the door opened accidentally. JMO

Jonathan Hernandez speaks to Nancy Grace about the disappearance of Lucas

“Jonathan mentioned that they had problems with a back door locking.

"We were having an issue with that back door closing and latching, especially if you didn't lock the deadbolt."

I'm not sure if this is going to work - it is the first time I've tried to bring a post forward from another thread. But, to my knowledge, this is the only source we have for the face time call on 2/15. I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong. KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*
Thanks, and I remember this very clearly. I myself had doubts about the landlord sighting, but then with confirmation that JH had Facetimed with Lucas the day before, it was hard to argue the point. We still don't yet know for a fact that he didn't pass away that Friday, just the word on Nancy Grace podcast, to which even she said it was unconfirmed, that autopsies done showed Lucas died on the 11/12. I don't doubt that those dates, it was what my instinct and heart told me in the very beginning, but until confirmation from LE or MSM comes in, we're stuck in limbo on the timeline.

There may have been issues with the back door, as JH stated, but the quote below bothered me. How hard is it, really, to lock a deadbolt in order to keep your family safe and keep the kids inside. (Or to ask the landlord to fix it since you have young kids.). The first time I discovered an issue, I’d be sure to use the deadbolt every.single.time. Especially if I saw suspicious people hanging around outside in the early morning hours. I’m just not feeling the door opened accidentally. JMO

Jonathan Hernandez speaks to Nancy Grace about the disappearance of Lucas

“Jonathan mentioned that they had problems with a back door locking.

"We were having an issue with that back door closing and latching, especially if you didn't lock the deadbolt."
JH was only in the house for I believe 2 days before returning to work. He may be relying on what Emily told him about the door. We know the LL was supposed to go over there for the “smell” which IMO was Emily doing a CYA because there was an odor from Lucas. I DID NOT like typing that. Maybe this was something JH told Emily to take care of when the LL came over? I’m trying to sort out what I think are big issues and what are little issues. The door IMO is easily explainable.

A big issue for me is the marks on EG’s son. That is a huge issue! If he was capable of leaving marks from trying to take a spray can away from the child, he was suceptible to believing Emily’s BS about Lucas bruises: “He was wrestling with the cousins. Kids bruise easily, ya know?”

A couple more things from JH’s interview that I took note of (bolding is by me for emphasis)

NG: Does the back door have any type of a latch on it, or a lock, that he, maybe, could not reach?

JH: Um, no it did not.

-Then a short time later...

NG: Did you believe her at the time.

JH: At the time, I did. Um, because we had just moved in to that residence, and we were having an issue with that back door closing and latching, especially if you didn’t lock the deadbolt, you would think the door was closed, and then you turn around and it would be open.

JH: I’ve been, you know, tirelessly trying to search for him in my own way, for 3 months, (SBM)

-Then...

NG: Did she.. try to help in the search, when you first arrived home.

JH: Uh, we, we, did not. I… I honestly didn’t even try to search only after speaking with the detectives and explained to them ‘I don’t think he would have wandered off’, so I don’t believe that he is wandering around, and also they had told me they hadn’t - the didn’t at the time have any leads as far as the tracking dogs

I dont see an issue with the bolded statement. There was not a lock that Lucas could reach meaning the deadbolt was too high for him to unlock. At least that's how I heard it and still understand it in written form.

IMO When they remove organs, take samples, etc. testing is done which results in their sometimes needing a second look.
I'm having a hard time believing that there would be any organs, or anything internally for that matter left, after 90+ days. We are talking a small child, the weather was not bitter cold. Even if he had sort of mummified on the outside, IMO there would be nothing on the inside. Insects and the natural process of decomp would have taken care of that.
I think the only thing left for tox testing would be hair, nails and possibly bone marrow. Not sure if there is anything in teeth for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson