Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we touched on them allegedly doing 2 autopsies within a short period of time? I am curious to hear the reasons you all might have for them needing to do a second autopsy almost immediately after completing the first.
Sometimes a ME will ask for a second opinion to back up something or gain another opinion on whether or not their findings are accurate. It does occur occasionally when the COD is thought to be homocide. Also, family can request to have another autopsy done.

<modsnip>

<modsnip> Just try to remember that we're not arguing, we're debating and theorizing and trying really hard to keep things factual so we can get to the truth. And we have great mods here - if you feel like someone is berating you or being rude, you can always alert on the post. I'm still pretty new here, but I've never had to do it, and I'm sure I've probably made some off-the-wall comments, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
You raise some really good points here. The one thing that gives me pause about the LL sighting is that one doesn't just mix up "yesterday" and "a week ago" when being questioned about a missing child. I mean, I'm as forgetful as they come, but I just don't think I would be that far off when it came down to supposedly seeing a kid on the night he allegedly died. This is a high-profile, public case, not what was for supper, ya know? I'm still of the mind that there's something very off about the sighting/timeline.

Unless LL just says “Friday” in which he meant Friday before?

There may have been issues with the back door, as JH stated, but the quote below bothered me. How hard is it, really, to lock a deadbolt in order to keep your family safe and keep the kids inside. (Or to ask the landlord to fix it since you have young kids.). The first time I discovered an issue, I’d be sure to use the deadbolt every.single.time. Especially if I saw suspicious people hanging around outside in the early morning hours. I’m just not feeling the door opened accidentally. JMO

Jonathan Hernandez speaks to Nancy Grace about the disappearance of Lucas

“Jonathan mentioned that they had problems with a back door locking.

"We were having an issue with that back door closing and latching, especially if you didn't lock the deadbolt."
He did say that. But before he said that. He told NG that there were no latches and things like that.

I'm not sure why, but this ride thing really bothers me. What was his reasoning? Seriously, your son is missing and you can't give his mother a ride? At a time like that? Just rubs me wrong.

Any psychologists here to explain WHY this bothers me? So many terrible things in this case. How can THIS bug me so?

Snipped for length (Although I appreciated your whole post @hopingicanhelp)

BBM

I'm a little behind, sorry if this has already been answered, but JO said in the ISC Investigations interview that he would have had to go 2 hours out of his way, so it sounded to me like it would add 4 hours onto his trip.

Missing Person: Lucas Hernandez

Isn’t it remotely possible there was an issue w the door?
Something about this part seems hinky to me. Emily says LE was coming over because of a foul smell. Jonathan mentions an issue with the back door- why didn't they have the landlord fix that door first, for obvious reasons (safety)? Did Emily ever mention about the back door? All I remember her saying in the very beginning was that the door was open- they alluded it to being a screen door. Now it's the door on the inside with latches and locks. I missed the part that it changed?

You raise some really good points here. The one thing that gives me pause about the LL sighting is that one doesn't just mix up "yesterday" and "a week ago" when being questioned about a missing child. I mean, I'm as forgetful as they come, but I just don't think I would be that far off when it came down to supposedly seeing a kid on the night he allegedly died. This is a high-profile, public case, not what was for supper, ya know? I'm still of the mind that there's something very off about the sighting/timeline.
Absolutely - I don't think the LL mixed up the dates. But LE has never confirmed that the LL was there or the date of the encounter with Lucas; the neighbor Q&A was never given a date either. We don't even know if this was 1 person or 2.

We're trying to grasp what happened with 2 different timelines now. Either way, EG knew it was better to admit to leaving Lucas at home on 2/16 while she went to OG; she knew it was better to fess up to smoking "cannabis."

If we're working off the theory that Lucas died earlier in the week than 2/16, my belief is that Lucas died shortly before the couple was outside the house but after the LL/neighbor saw him alone. However, when EG was arrested on CE, she claimed the LL had been by on 2/16. EG was arrested on 2/21 -- tons of info was coming in. Perhaps the LL came forward or was contacted after the arrest -- what if the truth is that the LL saw Lucas not on the 16th but days or even a week prior? Same with neighbor (if we're talking about 2 different people).

BUT EG tells LE that all of it happened on the 16th -- she wants to cop to leaving Lucas home alone only once, because he was sick and asleep. She wants JH to believe it was the exception, not the rule. She was spotted at OG or her phone puts her out of the home--no one sees Lucas with her out & about. She has to say he was alone and recalls the LL/neighbor even talked to Lucas when she was gone.

LE lets it go and doesn't push -- EG already admitted to enough to get arrested for MH. Maybe they questioned her about the dates after the arrest, maybe not. EG needs JH and the world to believe Lucas was seen on the 16th, but was he? We don't really know when anything happened.

Something about this part seems hinky to me. Emily says LE was coming over because of a foul smell. Jonathan mentions an issue with the back door- why didn't they have the landlord fix that door first, for obvious reasons (safety)? Did Emily ever mention about the back door? All I remember her saying in the very beginning was that the door was open- they alluded it to being a screen door. Now it's the door on the inside with latches and locks. I missed the part that it changed?

She noted the back door was open about three-quarters of an inch because it wouldn’t shut.
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I dont see an issue with the bolded statement. There was not a lock that Lucas could reach meaning the deadbolt was too high for him to unlock. At least that's how I heard it and still understand it in written form.

I read it the opposite way...that Lucas "could" reach the locks.

"NG: Does the back door have any type of a latch on it, or a lock, that he, maybe, could not reach?
JH: Um, no it did not.

He did say that. But before he said that. He told NG that there were no latches and things like that.
JH Interview with NG.docx

NG: Does the back door have any type of a latch on it, or a lock, that he, maybe, could not reach?

NG asked if it had a lock/latch he could not reach. Maybe he thought he was asked if there was a lock/latch he could reach?

IMO it’s just not that big a discrepancy in the scheme of things. Just my opinion.

I read it the opposite way...that Lucas "could" reach the locks.

"NG: Does the back door have any type of a latch on it, or a lock, that he, maybe, could not reach?
Same. I think she was trying to allude to them not being great at keeping the kids safe by not having a childproof lock of some sort on the door.

I initially had a screen door in mind from Emily saying there was an issue that the black door was open. I think JH is getting all his “door not closing” info from Emily. God knows what the hell she was telling him. Don’t forget he was only in the house 2 days before he had to return to work. She may have told him over the phone on the 11th that the black door wasn’t closing and there was a “smell.” Maybe he said to call the LL.

<modsnip>

There are reasons for why things look the way they do, some of which is EG's intentional obfuscation and some of which is actual evidence.

The time for these things will come. I know for a fact that there are MSM sources for these connections but one step at a time right now.

No, it's the exact same article that has been posted every time CR has come up since the podcast was released. I see no new info.

And you won't until LE decides it's time.

Not because it's not findable.

EG is a horrible excuse of a human being.

Last edited by a moderator:
She noted the back door was open about three-quarters of an inch because it wouldn’t shut.
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I agree with "it's hinky". I really think that EG said that just to try and plant another seed of doubt...door problem, suspicious people, she was asleep for 3 hours.........but none of that matters now since she led DM to the body. I think maybe JH is just once again backing up some BS that she said.......

It will be interesting to see if it comes to light that the door problem was real....Another thing the LL can confirm or dispute.

IMO, etc.

That is true, however, all samples needed should be taken at the first autopsy and toxicology shouldn’t have come back that quickly.

I’m way behind but I’ve thought about this and IMO I think the first autopsy was done by the ME and the DA wanted another autopsy due to the advanced stage of decomp to be done by a forensic anthropologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel