Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found websleuths through the Rhoden case that happened in Ohio. I then followed Libby and Abby, along with the Harts. I began Lucas tragedy right from the time he went missing, and every day since. I haven't typed one response unit today. Forgive me, but I have been offline since this afternoon so haven't read back. I couldn't read or listen to anything after hearing about EGs suicide. I was so angry, disappointed, and sad that I needed to walk away. I don't know anyone involved, never been to Kansas. My heart hurts for everyone, including those poor kids. I just wanted to write how glad I am that we have this wonderful resource to come to, because without it I would probably be so lost right now. I told my boyfriend this afternoon, that I couldn't understand why I was so upset...I do know. I knew then, and I know now. Thankfully, there's others who really do understand. I'm not a.n overly emotional individual, but this case has just been truly heart wrenching. Thank you everyone for being here, and letting me read all your thoughts and feelings these past months while this case unfolded.....and will continue. I appreciate all of you. FLA JO and family I'm so sorry this has happened. Lucas was a special little boy who grabbed so many hearts. I will never forget him. From earlier today it was said JH found her. If true, my heart goes out to him In my mind he's guilty of a lot, but that's a huge thing to carry for someone.

Just sitting here and pondering all the latest events involving this case. I must say, I am still dumbfounded. If this were a movie, instead of a real event, I'm pretty sure most of us would be shaking our heads in disbelief that all this could even happen! Sad but true!

I found websleuths through the Rhoden case that happened in Ohio. I then followed Libby and Abby, along with the Harts. I began Lucas tragedy right from the time he went missing, and every day since. I haven't typed one response unit today. Forgive me, but I have been offline since this afternoon so haven't read back. I couldn't read or listen to anything after hearing about EGs suicide. I was so angry, disappointed, and sad that I needed to walk away. I don't know anyone involved, never been to Kansas. My heart hurts for everyone, including those poor kids. I just wanted to write how glad I am that we have this wonderful resource to come to, because without it I would probably be so lost right now. I told my boyfriend this afternoon, that I couldn't understand why I was so upset...I do know. I knew then, and I know now. Thankfully, there's others who really do understand. I'm not a.n overly emotional individual, but this case has just been truly heart wrenching. Thank you everyone for being here, and letting me read all your thoughts and feelings these past months while this case unfolded.....and will continue. I appreciate all of you. FLA JO and family I'm so sorry this has happened. Lucas was a special little boy who grabbed so many hearts. I will never forget him. From earlier today it was said JH found her. If true, my heart goes out to him In my mind he's guilty of a lot, but that's a huge thing to carry for someone.

Nicely said. I’m glad you’re here with us.

Not I, I think she is 100% responsible.

Fwiw.... Mr. Kadoobers response to my aforementioned venting? She did not suicide. I dont say that as any sort of accusation, just an opinion of someone not as invested as we may be. An outsider perspective, if you will. I thought that was interesting.
Confused .. you don’t think she committed suicide?

Here's some questions I am curious about, and I know no one has any answers to them, but I have been pondering these all day:

1. How did Emily get to the house? Did she drive herself, and if so, was there a vehicle there that she used?

If she didn't drive herself, who did?

Did she take an Uber or Lyft? It would be too far for her to walk without being seen.

2. No neighbors saw her come into the house? Any cameras in the neighborhood that might have recorded her arriving in the driveway and going into the house?

3. Were the suicide notes hand written, or typed?

4. Who's rifle did she use? I find it odd that no one saw a woman with a rifle walking into the house. Or whoever drove her, did they know she had a rifle with her? Or if she drove herself, back to question 1- who's car/vehicle did she have?

5. Was JH still living there? Did he forget that she had a key to the house, and maybe that's how she got in?

From what DM said I think EG was living there. Otherwise which house was DM referring to when he said the house was checked for guns?

I don't really know that staying on her own anywhere, let alone that house, was a very good idea. But I could be wrong about drawing that conclusion.

She must have been in the house for a while if she was writing three suicide notes.

My suspicion is that EG called JH and told him something that made him feel he ought to go over there, despite DM's warnings?

I did wonder if EG was staying with relatives again that maybe an uncle or someone might have had a hunting rifle and she grabbed it and took it with her to the house, but that doesn't tally with what DM said about a house being checked for guns.

As you say none of us has the answers to those excellent questions yet. I do hope they will come out. In the meantime we're all going to have different ideas.

It was stated somewhere that Jamie was at the house also. Is there anymore information on that? Did she come there with JH and they found her together? Was she notified after he called 911 and then came? Is it even true she was there?

Hi kkdj, I didn't see this anywhere this morning, but then again we were all in the Twilight Zone...catching up now, only hundreds and hundreds of notifications lol. I also just want to see this these threads and you guys are special to me. While this is about Lucas (and unfortunately EG now), it is very "real" to hear everyone's personal tidbits about their own experiences with suicide, etc.

Welcome, @HopefulinGa!

I've been wanting to quit this case all day. I'm so mad.

But I can't get Lucas' sweet little face out of my head. I don't know precisely what it is, but man I love this kid. I want to bolt, but I'm going to hang tight.

Im glad you're here with us.

I've been thinking all day long about this turn of event, Emily Glass self destructing. On one hand, (and I ashamed to admit this) I thought, 'who cares?' But on the other hand, and this is what got me all day today, there is Someone Who Cares. EG had a mother and father (or step father) who certainly cared for her, loved her, were frustrated by her, and even maybe agonized over poor choices she made. She had children who loved her and looked up to her. At some point in her life, she turned the wrong way, and I don't know, perhaps she always had a twist. Frankly, I don't want to know. But if somehow someone who loved Emily Glass stumbles here some day in the distant future, reading about their mother or their aunt or, or, or, I hope they will find some good things about her from someone. I pray she made peace with her maker before she pulled the trigger.

These families, immediate and extended, have so much now to overcome. I am filled with sadness for all of them.

Most of all, I think of young Lucas. I pray that the pictures I have seen of him smiling remind each one of us that he was an overcomer, smiling against the odds. May his smile be what his parents think of every single day.

Please forgive my wordiness. Tomorrow, I may bash Emily Glass. Today, I am just plain sad. For everyone.

I've been thinking all day long about this turn of event, Emily Glass self destructing. On one hand, (and I ashamed to admit this) I thought, 'who cares?' But on the other hand, and this is what got me all day today, there is Someone Who Cares. EG had a mother and father (or step father) who certainly cared for her, loved her, were frustrated by her, and even maybe agonized over poor choices she made. She had children who loved her and looked up to her. At some point in her life, she turned the wrong way, and I don't know, perhaps she always had a twist. Frankly, I don't want to know. But if somehow someone who loved Emily Glass stumbles here some day in the distant future, reading about their mother or their aunt or, or, or, I hope they will find some good things about her from someone. I pray she made peace with her maker before she pulled the trigger.

These families, immediate and extended, have so much now to overcome. I am filled with sadness for all of them.

Most of all, I think of young Lucas. I pray that the pictures I have seen of him smiling remind each one of us that he was an overcomer, smiling against the odds. May his smile be what his parents think of every single day.

Please forgive my wordiness. Tomorrow, I may bash Emily Glass. Today, I am just plain sad. For everyone.
Amen. Thank you for posting this.

This might sound silly,but is there ever a time when people can stop sitting on their fingers and tell us what they thought..like after a case?? Or does that happen privately? I noticed on the JonBenet threads people just spell out their theories. I am not wanting fb drama,just insight from fellow WS on what I could learn from this case.

I have some of the same questions. Especially regarding the gun and EG having access to it.

Do we know for sure if JH and EG weren’t together still? Were they still secretly together?

Think it depends on which channel you watch - on the live broadcast this morning several times it was said that EG was living in the home since her release and that JH returned home. One channel did say that JH was staying with JO and that EG was living in the house and JH had been coming and going. So I really have no clue - they said close family sources was were they got the info.

I think it's just weird that JH would go to that house with her there if he even knew she was there. I guess it's possible he came home late that night not knowing she was there and she killed herself there intending for him to find her. But even IF she called him to lure him out there it just seems like a beyond poor decision to go meet up with the woman you know mostly likely killed your son in the middle of the night. I'd like to think he'd be making better choices by now than that.

That said. Wow. I did not see that coming. I never see anything coming though. I know some people in jail currently on 2 million dollars bond who were in no way a physical threat to anyone. (Not defending what they did). But her super low bond while she was in jail and then being released after helping find the body just struck me as BEYOND nuts. I have never seen anyone in such a high profile case, almost certainly guilty of murder sent home while those in charge got around to getting their ducks in a row. She spent months in jail over possible endangerment. Even though I always assumed it was just an excuse to hold her while they looked for Lucas. And then she helps a PI find poor Lucas' body and she is released??

I'm just gobsmacked at all of this...........

I said above that during the arraignment I looked at EG and felt absolute loathing for her, and that didn't change until today.

I believe she murdered Lucas, and I hate her for doing that and for what she did in hiding his body.

But, I also feel sorry for Emily. Once upon a time she was a babe in someone's arms, a little girl with dreams and hopes for the future. It all went wrong, and she's hurt so many people, so many lives changed forever, including her own. And I am very sad about that. Angry about what happened, and very sad about the outcome of it all.

Last edited:
Confused .. you don’t think she committed suicide?
Not me... My husband.
I've been following since the Chisholm Park search. He doesnt understand why I follow cases, so I dont share the details with him often.

I was SO frustrated today, I gave him a birds eye view of events, and that was HIS take.

I don't know what the heck I think right now. But he was confident in his statement, and I found that fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b