Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charges were brought against EG. She had a jury trial for child endangerment for taking her infant daughter MH to Olive Garden while allegedly high on marijuana. The jury acquitted her, largely because there was no evidence that she was actually intoxicated when she drove. Lucas was still missing at the time.

Then, the PI came, earned her trust/manipulated her and they found Lucas on the second day he spent with her. That was a combination of him taking her to places that LE had narrowed down, telling her it will be alright, and reading her body language as they drove. EG was arrested that night for obstruction of justice and providing false information to law enforcement.

After 72 business hours, she was released. The DA was not ready to proceed with those charges, likely because that would start the process of turning information over to EG's attorney. The DA likely wanted to wait for the rest of the investigation and autopsy to play out before showing any cards. So, she was released while LE and the DA built a case.

They are not to blame for the suicide. Only one person is. LE and the DA were making the best decisions to try to get a potential murder charge to stick.

As to how Lucas's case proceeds, it would have to be with charges against someone living. If EG is the only wrongdoer, there will be no trial.

But, the DA has said he is committed to pursuing the investigation until he is able to provide the family and the community with all the answers he can.
I have missed seeing your post. Glad to see you back

Exactly what I expect they were like, and if they had the names of her children on them with her thinking they'd read those things some day.....

I feel so bad for the boys' dad. He's been in a difficult position for a long time, but this is going to be the hardest yet in many ways.
Really? This will be difficult to address but he never has to worry again about EG's influence, choices or harm to his boys. In the big picture, they are safe now.

This has been niggling away in my brain today..EG mentioned in her jailhouse interview that Lucas 'has sisters and he has brothers..' SisterS. Perhaps I'm a dolt for not grasping this. Is there another sister, aside from MH? If so, another young person that is suffering tragedy. I do not want to call attention to a child, so, would someone just say yay or nay to me, so I know if I'm not imagining this? So complicated, I just can't keep all the details straight. Thanks

Pl
The so-called friends on the podcast today came across as nucking futs.

The 'friend' reminds me of a song lyrics from a song by Gonzo. "There isn't a word yet, for old friends who've just met. lol. I am sure a lot of these 'friends' came out of the woodwork. They're just people looking for their 15 mins of fame. Or consider themselves her friend, because they've sold her drugs. They can't use the term 'client' so they settle for the word 'friend.'

OT but if anyone is interested in the devastation meth can cause, I suggest reading “Crazy Town: Money.Marriage.Meth” by Sterling Braswell. It’s a good read.

(I've seen the devastation right here on WS, in countless cases, which is why I noted this potential so early on. Foxfire used to talk about meth being a common link in cases. I also recommend anyone who hasn't seen "Intervention" on A&E watch it at least once.)

This has been niggling away in my brain today..EG mentioned in her jailhouse interview that Lucas 'has sisters and he has brothers..' SisterS. Perhaps I'm a dolt for not grasping this. Is there another sister, aside from MH? If so, another young person that is suffering tragedy. I do not want to call attention to a child, so, would someone just say yay or nay to me, so I know if I'm not imagining this? So complicated, I just can't keep all the details straight. Thanks

I believe JO has at least one daughter.

Yes there are other children other than MH

Really? This will be difficult to address but he never has to worry again about EG's influence, choices or harm to his boys. In the big picture, they are safe now.

I remember reading that he was trying to protect them from everything before. Now he's faced with telling them that not only are the visitations going to stop but they're never ever going to see her again, and he's going to have to work out how much to tell them now, how to tell them more in the future when they're older and still have questions. They're never going to have a choice when they're adults whether to search her out and ask her straight to her face why she was such a sucky parent and whether she's learned anything over the years. And it's their dad who's going to have to help them through all of this.

In some ways it might be easier for him than fighting it out in the courts and maybe having them ask "why won't you let us see our mother?". And yes, he's going to know that they are now safe from her (and JH). But that doesn't change how I feel that he's in a really horrible situation too, and that's all I really meant.

I feel for all the parents of all the children who loved and knew Lucas, because they have to answer questions no one should have to try to explain to a child, comfort them, help them feel safe, and for people like Jamie, FLA, Lucas' grandma, they've got to do this while experiencing their own emotions and pain.

Sorry, I sometimes see things a bit too deeply.

If she wrote them, I hope it's to her three children. I hope she apologizes for departing the earth on her own, just briefly, though- she doesn't need to explain- 1/2 of the world will be willing to tell them, and not so nicely.

I hope that she told each child that they were special to her, that she loved them, discussed memories of them that made her happy and proud. Even silly stuff, like how they loved making mud pies. I hope she wishes them a happy, healthy, and bright future, that they deserve it. I hope she tells them that she loves them to the moon and back. For them, not for anybody else, but them. They deserve some kind of love and happy thoughts. They've already been through enough in their young lives, especially the last 3 and a half months.

I won't judge the ex if he doesn't, but I do hope one day, he lets the boys have a relationship with their little sister, providing she's not adopted out. The three of them have need some healing dow the road of their own. Their little sister won't remember anything, all she'll have is pictures to look at of her mother and plenty of news articles telling her why she no longer has her half brother Lucas, why she doesn't see her older half brothers as much or if at all. Thank goodness the boys have each other.

This is the saddest thing I’ve read here all day. It is my hope too. Poor babies, they didn’t ask for any of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always read that women kill themselves "neatly" so as to not leave a mess for someone to clean up. EG didn't give two sh*ts about anyone but herself, so a shotgun suicide sounds about right for her.

A shotgun to the head would have made her unrecognizable. I have read that a shotgun can blow a hole in a person the size of a soccer ball.

I wonder what the landlord is going to do with the house, now. No one is going to want to live in it since so much has occurred there. S/he might just have to demolish it.

Wowwww!!! I was out of pocket last night and today and come back to see about EG. I’m not surprised but am shocked. Shocked at the details that surround it!

And sad. So much death in this case and it’s heartbreaking.

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more details to come out. I don’t believe a word of the “friends” in the interview, but at this point, I won’t be surprised at more twists and turns.

And to those who give recaps, thank you! I live in the country and don’t have unlimited internet so I can’t watch videos and don’t have time to watch when I’m at work. I appreciate the play by plays.

Ok, so I feel like I just smoked the ganja and went down a rabbit hole. That interview was... I just don’t even know what to say? NG tried her best but even she doesn’t have any facts straight. I’m positive SE and SH are completely delusional and have got to be on something. SE has 7 kids? Apparently she’d also let a homeless person crash at her place however she wouldn’t fall asleep like poor empathetic EG did. NG kept talking to them like these people actually were friends of EG but they have never spoken to EG in their lives, let alone met her in person.

We may not know a lot in this case but we do have some facts. How they can twist facts to suit their own theories is beyond me. JO was not even in the state when EG disappeared Lucas. LE cleared JO and JH. Where in the world do they get that JO has been living a hop, skip and a jump away?

Now I need several drinks! Who had the bourbon?

I said above that during the arraignment I looked at EG and felt absolute loathing for her, and that didn't change until today.

I believe she murdered Lucas, and I hate her for doing that and for what she did in hiding his body.

But, I also feel sorry for Emily. Once upon a time she was a babe in someone's arms, a little girl with dreams and hopes for the future. It all went wrong, and she's hurt so many people, so many lives changed forever, including her own. And I am very sad about that. Angry about what happened, and very sad about the outcome of it all.
“The quality of mercy is not strained. It droppeth as a gentle rain from heaven. Upon the place beneath, it is twice blessed.” This quote has been haunting my thoughts all day. It seems like all the heated anger at EG has cooled slightly with her having departed this plain. I don’t think having compassion for a life squandered in any way diminishes our sadness and outrage over Lucas’s murder. I think it’s our better angels rustling their wings.

Isn't there a difference between a rifle and a shotgun?

Yes, I misspoke & said shotgun when the weapon used was a rifle. Imo, the biggest difference between the two depends on what type of wild game you're hunting. When I asked my son, who's an avid hunter, what the difference is, he said, "depends on what I'm shooting at." (My answer comes from hearing him talk about guns.) Again, apologies for swapping the two in my text. Mods, if I need to correct my original reply, lmk & I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025